April daily weather; Meteor hits PA!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

It got into the low 80s today and HUMID. But it was also breezy. Could have been a nice day but it was too much. lol. I don't know how we are gonna survive summer when we complain 80 is too much.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

It was a really nice day, sunny and warm, the Red Bud trees on Timber Ridge Road, & Brooks Mill Rd. are spectacular. I will try to remember the camera tomorrow.

The new computer I built over the week-end rocks. Went from a 1ghz P3, w/512mb memory to a 3.4ghz dual core P4 w/1gb memory. Now I need an LCD display (to reduce power consumption).

The sun is set. It is dark (still enough light in the west to make a good sky observation difficult) and the temp is cooling off.

Have a good evening all.

Trade you computers!! LOL

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Beautiful Sunny and Calm high of 78° currently 72° .
Tomorrow we should hit 83° then T-Storms and it hits the fan.
50° Weds
46° Thurs w/ a low of 27°
44° Friday Low 25°
41° Saturday Low 22°
Then we start to warm up a bit..... but still below freezing Sunday and possibly Monday nights.

The plants will all start coming back in tomorrow for sure...
Plastic and sheets will start going up Thursday.
All my Hosta are up and 50% of the other Perennials...
At 22° most will be toast!

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Now all I've left to do this eve is find Kiska's photo I was using for the desk-top and all will be well with the world. Can not remember how many threads back it was.

LOL. I will be happy to get rid of the bug I have in the comp by the end of the week. If my plants get toast, who cares? I will get free ones from work to replace them. LOL

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Wow, Dyson, that computer sounds like one to die for!

Beautiful day in Pa. Low 80's, spread fertilizer, epsom salts ( magnesium) and Preen. Will water in the Preen if no rain tonight. Supposed to be a rain/snow mix later this week. Crocuses are about over, 3 daffodils blooming.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Sharon, according to the book, giant coreopsis get up to 8 ft. tall.

(Zone 3b)

8pm, high clouds, partly sunny and the big news, it's 32*.......
Dyson, I can barely use a computer, but my SIL builds/sells computers so I'm sure he'd understand exactly what you've made. Sounds wonderful, though.
Guests have gone to Fairbanks and called this evening to say they saw Mt.McKinley and the Alaska Range, eagles, moose and good sized herd of caribou on the way up. So, it was a great trip. They come back to Palmer on Wednesday.
Such pretty flowers on this thread as well as so many others, it's sure been the best and most colorful "spring" I've seen in years.
Would this be the photo, Dyson?
June
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Well, it's mine now Kiska. I get so many beautiful desktop backgrounds from you, EB, Sharon, Blooms and well, I've used just about everyone's at one time or another.
I don't ever have to look far for awesome pictures that keep me smiling.
I am hanging in here at Waldorf, Md. and hoping to get put on wednesday night.
Henry has his teeth cleaned in the morning and I am using the time to get new glasses, taxes filed, and my car serviced.
Here it's 51.3 °F / 10 °C
Clear
Humidity: 69%
Dew Point: 41 °F / 5 °C
Not Dyson Dark as the big orb is beaming.
Sidney

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Kiska, that shot is nice but this one had more snow on the mountain - think I'm gonna cheat and just pull it off of the lap top.

yep it's dark & cool here at this hour.

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Dyson – Sounds like one heck of a computer you’ve got now!
Kiska – That’s a beautiful picture…hope you don’t mind if I add to my screen savers!

63.1 °F / 17 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 83%
Dew Point: 57 °F / 14 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Pressure: 30.12 in / 1019.9 hPa
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 11000 ft / 3352 m
Mostly Cloudy 25000 ft / 7620 m

This is our post office

Today
Partly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 80s inland...in the lower 80s coast. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph shifting to the southeast in the afternoon.

Thumbnail by MySharona

This is the court house
I hope this comes through ok. It's horizontal in my file, but when I click on it it's vertical..

Thumbnail by MySharona

seagull

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 3b)

Thanks for also enjoying my part of the world; very happy to have you all use the photo of Pioneer Peak.
7am; cloudy with flurries forecast, 23*F.
Sharon - your town is so pretty and neat and inviting, I see why you would like it there. (next to the ocean's not bad, either).
Sounds like busy day for you, Sidney., I'm just hanging around the house as our guests are using the car to travel up to Fairbanks.
More snow, such as this?
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Hurrying thru threads today.

Almost 60* with a chance of rain all day.

I will not be planting potatoes on Good Friday. It's way too wet!

(Zone 5a)

Great photos Kiska - love them both!

Sharon - love the pelicans and your town sure has some nice buildings :-)

Kelli - always enjoy your photos :-)

Ric - sure hope your plants make it through that frosty spell ...... if it gets above freezing during the day it shouldn't be too bad although they've gotten spoiled on those high temps ;-) Usually a few frosty nights don't do so much damage in the spring here it's when it stays below freezing during the day that the plants are in trouble .......

It was a very pleasant overcast day here today - not too windy and fairly warm at aroun 48°F. Sure seems like spring is here - the crocus are popping up everywhere - now we just need some sunshine for them to open up!

Have a great day all!

Rannveig

Kernville, CA

Hi All!
Its suppose to get up to 81 degrees today; see told ya' that perfect temp. wasn't going to last long!

Billy: congradulations on the retirement!! Pretty chairs. No; I don't fish, because I get so sweet on living things. Going fishin' on your retirement?H
Kiska: I think I got the April fools joke: July pasture of blooms? Thanks for sharing the wildlife sitings of your visitors trip. 240'elevation thats low! Are you near the coast? I'll have to look up Palmer, because I'm curious. 17 degree barbecue is neat. Cousins playing all together; what fond memories they will have.
Sharon: Its good to see you!
Henry: gosh- I didn't realize Ohio was so warm already. I use to live in Indiana, as a child.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

No fishing Tigpie! Jeeping!

Sally

Thumbnail by billyporter
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Well it's 83 now and getting coal black to the west.
We're under a severe T-Storm Warning now....
Tomorrow's high will be 46 so there's some serious storms brewing.
2 hours ago there wasn't a cloud in the sky......

Back later assuming we have power.....

Ric

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Weather underground says:
Through 7 PM...scattered showers and a few thunderstorms will continue east across portions of southeast South Carolina. Thunderstorms that develop will be pulse type in nature with precipitation lasting 15 to 20 minutes for each particular event. Most activity will remain in the tri County area. Rainfall totals between 1/10 to 1/4 of an inch. Some local areas may see up to 1/2 inch.
Don't I wish! We had one of those "pulse" types a half hour ago. It was thundering like crazy and I was happy-dancing. Alas, the bottom of the rain gauge doesn't even look damp!
High today was 84F with matching 84% humidity. :) Fine with me. I love heat. :)

Ric: Hope the storm's not too severe where you are. You have azaleas! And your hostas are up? Wow. The only Hostas I have up are "new" ones I planted last fall. My returners haven't peeped up yet. Don't know why.

Sharon: What a pretty little town. It's what I like to think of as "old" Florida. ( a good thing). :)
Kiska: That photo with the reflection is a jaw dropper! I don't recall seeing it before, but it's my wall paper now!

Here are some of my pansies begging for water.
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Pretty pansies, Deb,

Yet another chamber of commerce day

Updated: 2:51 PM PDT on April 03, 2007
Observed at: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
75 °F / 24 °C
Clear
Humidity: 43%
Dew Point: 51 °F / 11 °C
Wind: 10 mph / 17 km/h / 4.6 m/s from the SSE

ixia and two different colors of Dutch iris

Thumbnail by Kelli
Kernville, CA

HI Sally,
I have a four wheel vehicle, but they are not dependable like jeeps! We have a lot of mountain roads to explore up here. Where are you jeeping? Do you camp, etc.?

WHOOEEE!! What a day!! We had hail this morning and heavy rains. I don't know how many times it hailed this morning. I think it was close to 10 times in just a couple of hours. Had a little flooding in places too. Temps were 71* at midnight and is now 53*. Cold front moved thru so we are gonna get some frost this week. I need to cover my hosta here in a minute so it won't get frost burnt.

(Zone 3b)

2:30pm, the gray is slowing giving way to more sun than not. And, for the first time in ages, it's up to 41*F.,
The snow is now melting and dripping off the north side...a big day and will only get better from here on out.
tigpie - you got the joke - it's Fireweed in mid-summer. A beautiful sight and the blossoms make good honey or jelly. Palmer is only a few miles inland on the Knik Arm of Cook Inlet.
Rann, thanks; that view is about 3 miles from here, closer to Knik Glacier. I loved the sweet yellow crocus in another thread - glad spring is coming across the globe...
Ric - sure sounds as if there are big storms brewing. Hope all's well.
Deb, Thanks, too. Pansies are just the cutest flower...
A couple of days ago - little mt. climber on the deck.
edited to add: pepper - what a wild time there; hopefully it's going to calm down a bit.
Kiska

This message was edited Apr 3, 2007 2:47 PM

Thumbnail by kiska
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

The lead edge of the storm that pepper got in MO is thru here now.
The temps went from 83 to 61 in about 20 minutes....
It should be near 40 when I get up at 6 AM....

The severe stuff went south of us into Central KY and TN.....
We're still getting a bit of Thunder and a touch of Lightning.
The wind went from 25 out of the SW to little or no wind at all now.
Probably an inch of rain so far.
All our Tropicals are indoors for a few days.
The Saturday low is predicted as 19-22 depending on the forecaster..
Back to Normals by Tues next.....

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

This was taken 1/2 hour before....
VA Bluebells......

Wow BIG Lightning Flash!.......
Guess there's still a bit of unsettled air up there....

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

LOL. Try being in a chapel with lots of glass when lightning is nearby. Talk about scary.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

I had the camera with me but it was dark when I went up TimberRidge and again dark on my return, sorry but the Red Bud pics will have to wait another day.

Clear & cool here, nice inside & out.

I wish I had the camera with me today. There were some awesome clouds and I could have gotten pics of all the hail we got. I have dents on my truck from all the hail. Luckily nothing major.

(Zone 3b)

wow - that's some wild sounding weather - keep well.
Kiska

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Surpeisingly we got out rather lightly.
We are at 46 now but the temps will drop as the day goes on.

Here's a lead edge shot..

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

Glad y’all like my little piece of the world as well. It is very pretty and quaint here, but becoming populated and commercialized. Hopefully with the housing industry slowing things will slow down here as well.
Sally – nice looking Jeep you’ve got! Hope your DH had a great 1st day of retirement!
Ric, Deb, Pepper – Hope y’all made it through the storms without any damage. Please keep us posted.
Deb – Fernandina has been around for a while. The area was first inhabited by the Timucuan tribe. Known as the "Isle of 8 Flags", it had the following flags flown over it since 1562: France, Spain, Great Britain, Spain (again), the Patriots of Amelia Island, the Green Cross of Florida, Mexico, the Confederate States of America, and the United States. Love the pansies!
Kelli – Your iris’ are pretty too!

Clouds last night

Forgot to add the weather!
66.0 °F / 18 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 72%
Dew Point: 56 °F / 13 °C
Wind: 4.0 mph / 6 km/h from the West
Wind Gust: 6.7 mph / 10 km/h
Pressure: 30.00 in / 1015.8 hPa
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 13000 ft / 3962 m
Mostly Cloudy 25000 ft / 7620 m

Today
Increasing cloudiness with a 30 percent chance of mainly afternoon showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 80s. West winds 10 to 15 mph.

This message was edited Apr 4, 2007 10:09 AM

Thumbnail by MySharona

The greenway is coming out of dormancy - turtles for you Kiska!

Thumbnail by MySharona

Cormorant

Thumbnail by MySharona

Blue Heron and Great Egret

Thumbnail by MySharona

Blue Heron

Thumbnail by MySharona
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

A chilly front wandered through here, too. Most of the storms missed us, though, for which we are grateful. There is a chance of rain for the rest of the week and the highs will only be in the low 70s or upper 60s. We'll take all of the spring we can get! Usually we only get about a week of it and then we head straight for the upper 80s and summer has begun.

I love the pictures, Sharon!! I'm glad you made it through the storm ok, pepper and Ric. :-)

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 8:03am CDT (29 min ago)
Temperature 72 °F 22 °C
Dew Point 69 °F 21 °C
Humidity 94%
Pressure 30.00 in 1016 mb
Wind Speed Calm Calm
Wind Dir - -
Ceiling 800 ft 244 m
Visibility 5 mi 8.0 km
Heat Index 76 °F 24 °C
Current Conditions Mist
6 hour min temperature ending 6:53am CDT : 70.0°F / 21.1°C

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Marilyn: How cold did it get where you are? I'm thinking that we're getting the same this weekend. They're predicting (and I can't believe this) upper 20s Sat and Sun night!!
Hey Jet Stream! It's APRIL. :-O

Anyway, I'm hoping they're wrong because we are past our last frost date, much less last freeze date. I've got everything sprouting and growing outside. The old garden's gonna look like I'm cultivating sheets and buckets again.

Ric: Glad you weren't blown away!
Sharon: Love your Greenway. We have one blue heron who visits our little pond but I haven't seen him lately.

Deb

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

We're only going to get down in the low 40's Saturday and Sunday night, so my plants should be fine. I hope yours are ok, too!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.