December's Daily Weather

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

rannveig ~ I live in Maine, completely on the other side of the country from Kelli. LOL She's nice and warm compared to us. (catch a little envy there?)

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Okay – everybody is cold!! I’m cold, got my warmest stuff on and my nose is still cold!
Jazz – you’re a brave soul – freezing. I just can’t comprehend teens and negative digit cold.
Rann – beautiful sunrise captured perfectly! Love the house and street pics as well. Everything looks so “Christmasy”
Pixie – beautiful snow pic! “Oh Christmas Tree”!! That’s just gorgeous!
Joey – great class pic! What’s in the bag?
Kiska – I didn’t know the shuttle pilot is from your neck of the woods! I know they had to be disappointed, we were. There were a lot of people at the beach braving the cold waiting. I had a feeling that it wasn’t going to work out, very cloudy in the area for the last couple of days. We don’t have dirt, it’s all sand. So anytime I want to plant anything, I have to dig through the sand and then put dirt down, then plant. So yeah, I shovel sand quite often in the Spring, Summer and Fall. Is that Denali? Beautiful!
Well we're at 42 now and we'll be back in the 70's next week....please no more 80's this year!!! Here are the clouds today.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

38.3° on the back porch, 58.5° on the front porch and it is still light!

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Hello all: Just spent a while catching up!
Sharon: this was the first time in years that the shuttle launch would've been visible from up here..but alas, no launch. I think they said it probably won' t til Sat? On my way to work this morning there was a huge moon! I thought, 'Darn-Sharon would get a photo if she were seeing this." I forgot my camera tho.

Kiska: your photos make me shiver but what a beautiful place your live in!
Rann: I've done some pretty hefty gardening jobs in 90+ heat and humidity. I guess that's the advantage of being a thin blooded southerner. I'm so used to it. Cold is so unusual that it bothers me the whole time I'm out in it! All relative. Nice sunrise, by the way.
Joey: My version is that if the a/c goes out you probly won't die, but without heat, it'd be easy to freeze to death! I think cold just seems to have this sort of life threatening edge to it that heat doesn't.

Enough of that-Hey Jazz: U can talk to us zone 8 and 9'ers for a few days anyway. We didn't get near 50 today! Course, looks like you might join the over 50 (degrees) club afterall! :)
Pixie: I love your snow-covered trees. Like a Christmas card!

Mid teens forecast tonight. When it gets cold, I imagine myself in this photo. This was in the Bahamas in June. Aahhh. feel the warm!!

Thumbnail by DebinSC
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Jazz won't be talking to me.

Updated: 1:51 PM PST on December 08, 2006
Observed at: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
75 °F / 24 °C
Clear
Humidity: 13%
Dew Point: 21 °F / -6 °C
Wind: 12 mph / 18 km/h / 5.1 m/s from the SE

There is a 60% chance of rain for Sunday. You all should be glad, too. Often when it rains here, it gets warmer back east. That is because the jet stream shifts to the south and I get the rain that OR and WA usually get and you stop getting those Arctic air masses.

This is strange time of year for a cactus to bloom but that's what this one does.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Dyson - is it dark yet? It is here!
Deb - LOL - I always keep my camera with me. If I forget it, DH brings it to me! Nice Bahamas pic!
Kelli - YAY for the rain!! Pretty cactus flower!
Took this about 20 minutes ago, the jet stream was pink!!!!!!!
The clouds are gone (at least for the time being)!

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 5a)

Debi - I feel the warmth! Great photo!

Kelli - that is a pretty cactus flower - but I wouldn't dare come close to those thorns!

Sharon - cool photo :-)

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Thanks Sharon and Rann. The spines aren't quite as fierce as they look. I don't think I've ever been stuck by this one.

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Evening! It's a cool 24* & Dark. ;-) I think it got up to 25* about 4:00p.m.

Jazz ~ do ya have any pix of your DH's buck? sure would like to see...
Deb, that pic really makes me think ~ Warm! & makes me feel like wavin' Helluuu!
LOL Sharon! I was hoping no one would notice that bag! In It was...a hat (don't wear 'em cuz after I take them off I feel like it's still on my head!), a pen that didn't work! (but everybody elses did), a sample pack of fish feed (different sizes, not to mention it's extremely stinky!), & literature that seemed pretty useless. Can I send it to you? Nobody else seems to want it. :-D
Kelli, I'm gonna start calling you the "Cactus Lady". It's an absolute beauty! All of your cactus' are.

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

Evening all, It's a balmy 20 degrees here in beautiful Ohio.. I can definately be talking to Debinsc as they are 31 right now..brrrr... And I am going to spot Kelli one degree as Los Angeles is 61 degrees right now..supposed to get in the 50's there tonight so technically I am still ok :)
Man.. 61 degrees sounds really nice.. maybe I can just say I am not talking to anyone who is 40 degrees warmer than me?? I dunno, I am just jealous because my nose and toes are cold and I don't like it!

I think I have a pic.. it was just an 8 pt buck but we got 80lbs of meat off of it so we are happy

I picked this one to send because it shows Sydney being so very interested in what the DH had in the truck

Thumbnail by Jazzpunkin

Okaaaayy Jazz you can still talk to me as well! It's a ripe 34 right now...Brrrrrrrrr Fweeeeezin!!!
Joey - ummmmm - I'm thinking "no" on the bag!! But Thank You anyway!! :)
Squirrel on the feeder today..

Thumbnail by MySharona
Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

Brr brr brrrrrr.. I need to get some toasty jammies on and crawl under my warm comforter... oh yeah

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Hi Joey...........I've done quite a bit of night photography over the years. My favorite method is called "painting with light." The camera is placed on a tripod, the shutter is locked open, and a flashlight or hand-held strobe is used to light your subject. In this example I photographed an old abandoned house at night, lighting the area with a hand-held flash with colored filters.
I locked the shutter open then walked around the house firing the strobe, being careful not to point it at the camera lens. I even included myself in the photo. I'm the ghostly image in the red window on the upper right.

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Here's a close-up of the window.

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer

Jazz!! I'm with you...ummmm not "with you" but "with you" knowhutimean warm jammies, comforter...!!!!Fweeeeezin!!!!
I'm goin' to bed!!!! LOL!!!

edited "that's kind of a creepy pic there e_b!!!" Great for Halloween!

This message was edited Dec 8, 2006 10:16 PM

(Zone 3b)

6:30pm, the winds are gusting (45mph) against the house and sounding serious...
The space launch was being watched by schoolchildren on tv at the "Challenger Space Center" in Kenai..about 200 miles from here. Of course they were disappointed but the teachers hope they are inspired by a local student that is now the pilot...very exciting no matter who goes up.
Such pretty photos, as usual - the cactus is beautiful. The vacant house is a very interesting photo..with all the dark here, you'd have lots of dark-time photos :)...I think that's the technique used to take the northern lights photos...leave the shutter open...
Cute little squirrel; lots of good eating on that beautiful buck...
Moose on the deck (not current)
kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

We have a new thread. Come on over and throw snow balls at me. LOL
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/676838/
Sidney

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.