December's Daily Weather

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Lilypon, that is a neat picture.I love the sky to water to land. Look at that wolf's tail!

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

He's prepared for a cold winter this year (I feel awful when I see them with mange prior to winter setting in). I should go through my DH's camera and post some of his country pics.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Yes, that would be neat! Well, I have to get going on the cookies! Later everyone.

Stockings hung on the trunk.

Thumbnail by billyporter
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Lake Diefenbaker (what Gardner Dam is holding back)

Polar Bear swim anyone???

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

And what a beauty that trunk is! Ü

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Lilypon - that's a gorgeous trunk!! Love all the pics, kitties and children! So much fun....
Rann - you might want to sit down!!! We have 5 cats and a dog (who thinks she's a cat)!! Baxter, Boo, Callie, Soxy, Sylvester and Prissy! Lots of pets and fur!
Here's Baxter in all his glory!!

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 3b)

Well, I just have to add Holly to these gorgeous / funny kitty photos...glad you can see the joy in my granddaughter's face...
lilypon, the wolf and scenic photos are wonderful to see.
Nearly 11am, very very gray with snow likely soon..25 degrees..
kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
(Zone 5a)

LOL- Sharon - I'm doing a lot of sitting down these days! Wow - my daughter would like that kind of household - we'd have a zoo on our hands if she could have her way. Baxter is cute - I love how accomplished cats are at relaxing - they've almost made it into an artform. :-)

Thanks Sally and Kiska - I'm trying to take care between physical therapy sessions to not make matters worse ..... I would take ibuprofein all the time if my stomach could take it but I have to save it for when things are really bad .... like now! :-) I'll just have to pace myself and bake less ...... what really worries me is how I'll manage to get the Christmas presents bought if things don't improve soon.

(Zone 5a)

Lilypon - great photos! Loved the one of the wolf! And I just shudder at the thought of going swimming in that icy lake! Keep 'em coming! Loved the photos from yesterday too from town ...... looked pretty cold!

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Haven't had a chance to get caught up yet, but I wanted to put up these pics. It was bout 29* at 7 this morning, which for us is truly cold and unusual for Dec. This is the little farm across the street from my neighborhood at 8 this morning. The light color on the grass is frost. That grass is green. Next pic is Ernie, my clematis, also at 8 this morning - after it got down to 26 overnight. What a trooper!

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

..and Ernie..

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

So did Sugarweed make it home or what? Sorry for butting in :) um let me see..

Temperature: 29°F (-2°C)
Humidity: 50 %
Wind Speed: S 3 MPH
Barometer: 30.30" (1027.0 mb)
Dewpoint: 13°F (-11°C)
Visibility: 10.00 mi.
A Few Clouds

We really haven't had much snow yet but we had the 65mph winds and going from being outside without a coat to hardly being able to be outside with a coat within the course of a day is a bit much! lol. (Who do I complain to?)

Here's a pic of the only snow we've had so far

Thumbnail by Jazzpunkin
Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

And this is where I would rather be right now

Thumbnail by Jazzpunkin

Rann - I know you have a lot to do, but take care of yourself as well. Take some breaks between "chores" and try to relax a little. I know, easier said than done. :P
Kiska - I'd probably have that same look on my face as your GD - snow is such a novelty for us! Your Holly looks just like Baxter and Boo's mama, Sweetie. She was a "trash can kitty", but she was well taken care of for the last 4 years of her life.
Lilypon - LOL :) I'll pass on the swim, but thank you for the invite!!!!!!!! :)
Deb - very cool pic of your neighbor's lawn. Ernie is one handsome man-plant!!
Joey - more berries for you!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

It's cold and dark.............. here

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Down into the 20s tonight and supposed to be in the 30s tomorrow. Got into the 40s today and alot of the ice melted but of course it is freezing again so icy roads are still out there.

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Woke up this morning to six inches of fresh new lake effect snow this morning. Got a bit of sunshine and partly blue skies this afternoon. It's partly clear now with the temp down to 20ş and falling. A nearly full moon is lighting the night sky. We're expecting a warm-up by the weekend.

Photo taken around 20 minutes ago of the arbor in my backyard decorated for the season. The dot in the sky is the moon.

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Lilypon,

Quoting:
I'll take back the cold if you take back your humidity! :)

It's a deal! LOL

Jazz, I was hoping to hear from Sidney, too. I hope her trip went well.

Early_Bloomer, that's beautiful!

I'm ready to start getting the Christmas stuff up here, but first I need to clean the house (company is coming and the house is a disaster!) and fix up a skirt to look sorta-kinda like a poodle skirt for a 50's diner Christmas play I'm going to be in this weekend (very minor part!) I don't know how to sew, but I can't afford a "real" poodle skirt. So I went to a thrift store and bought a grey skirt, about 4 sizes too big (so a crinoline would fit under it, but it turns out that the friend who had a crinoline I could borrow gave it away.. oh, well), along with a bunch of squares of different colored felt. Then I went to Hobby Lobby and picked up some fabric paint and tacky glue. I downloaded some Christmas stencil patterns that I found in Google. Did I mention this needs to be done Thursday night for the dress rehearsal and I just bought the stuff today?!? I really wish I would get these inspirations a lot sooner than I do! If all else fails, I'll just wear jeans, a t-shirt and bobby socks and it will have to do. LOL

Well, the bunnies are in the bathtub, so I'd better get back to cleaning the house. The company is a retired couple who are wandering this way from Pennsylvania to Jacksonville to Tucson, where they stay for the winter, and aren't sure when exactly they are going to be here. If they call tomorrow morning and say "We're here!!", I'm going to be totally embarrassed unless I get popping now. :-)

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 9:53pm CST (20 min ago)
Temperature 45 °F 7 °C
Dew Point 37 °F 3 °C
Humidity 73%
Pressure 30.31 in 1026.3 mb
Wind Speed 5 MPH 4 kts
Wind Dir SE 140°
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Current Conditions Clear

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

28.6°(F), 51%, Dark

Good Morning! It's still dark here as well! According to my thermometer it's 41*, but the weather station says it's 54*!!! I kind of believe my thermometer!
Dyson! It's cold there!
EB - great job on the arbor!!
Need coffee....Have a great day :)
Partly Cloudy
Temp: 54°F (I don't think so!)
Humidity: 67%
Wind Speed: E 8 MPH
Barometer: 30.32 in.
Dewpoint: 45°F
Heat Index: 55°F
Wind Chill: 53°F
Sunrise: 7:08 AM EST
Sunset: 5:24 PM EST
Sharon
Prissy with the "all knowing" look!! (wish she'd share with me!)
Now they are saying it's 50 and mine reads 42 - getting closer!!

This message was edited Dec 6, 2006 6:45 AM

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 5a)

Good morning!

Sharon - the look on Prizzy's face is priceless! lol Thanks for your concern - I'll pace myself :-) Don't really have a choice ..... I've been dealing with this fibro mess for over 10 years so I've learned how to cope with it ...... still can get really frustrating when I want to accomplish something quickly ;-)
Debi and Jazz - great photos! Debi - Ernie is pretty!
Jazz - that "other place" looks very inviting - where is it?

EB - lucky you to have such perfect snow! Hope it'll stick around - love the arbor decorations :-)

Marylyn - sounds like you'll have a busy day today!! Good luck - hope you'll get the skirt finished in time !!! :-) I tend to get these last minute ideas too and wish I'd thought of them about a week earlier at least! lol

Now for the weather:

It's 29°F out, fair skies and pretty calm :-) Sunrise was at 10:58 and sunset will be at 3:39 pm. We'll have sunrise after 11 am tomorrow! and still two more weeks to go to winter solstice. But then again I think Christmas without the darkness wouldn't be Christmas at all! Things are looking very festive around town and Hildur Eva (my younger daughter) is very impressed with it all. When we drive around she exclaims "Mommy look!" every five seconds and last night she said "Everything is so "Christmas-y"!!" about 10 times. lol I was even beginning to wait for it to get dark at 4 pm yesterday :-D Now we just need the snow to make it all perfect. Unfortunately no snow in the forcast for the next week ....... for some strange reason we get snow more often in November than December. December usually turns out to be wet and slushy .....
Kiska I'm hoping for the perfect "longdrifa" before Christmas - on the 23rd would be ideal ;-)

Sidney - did you bring the cold with you?!!!!
Just in - Freeze watch in effect from late Thursday night to Friday morning....(gotta get the plants covered tomorrow)!

Thursday Night...Partly cloudy... Turning much colder. Lows in the mid 30s near the coast...Upper 20s inland. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph.

Friday...Mostly sunny. Breezy...Cooler. Highs in the lower 50s. North winds 15 to 20 mph.

Friday Night...Clear. Very cold. Lows in the mid 20s inland to around 30 near the coast.

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

Hi again.. Rann, that second picture is of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. It was in late July though so it probably isn't quite as balmy there now :( I have really enjoyed your pictures! It made me muse on how close the internet has brought the world. It's sunny today and no wind so I might try to get outside and replace the panels that blew off the greenhouse last week. I have to go out since the Mail Fairy didn't do his job today. lol.. have a great day everyone

Today: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 46. Southwest wind between 13 and 18 mph.

Tonight: A chance of snow showers, mainly after 11pm. Cloudy, with a low around 20. West wind between 11 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Thursday: A chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a high near 25. Blustery, with a west wind between 14 and 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Thursday Night: A chance of snow showers, mainly before 8pm. Cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing, with a low around 11. Wind chill values between -3 and 7. West wind between 10 and 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

36° (Wind Chill 29°)
Dewpoint: 25°
Wind: S 10 MPH
Humidity: 64%
Pressure: 30.09 in Hg
Today's Sunrise: 7:43AM
Today's Sunset: 5:16PM
(09:33 hours of sunlight)

Winds from the S and there's actually warm air behind it. Well 'Somewhat' warm air.
Looking at 49 today!

Man that's some cold temps down there in FL!

Still a bit hard to wrap my head around those 5 hours of Daylight there in IS and AK...........

GREAT shot of Prissy there!
Here's one of our prissy named Missy.
Taken 11/29 and 70 degrees!

Ric

This message was edited Dec 6, 2006 9:27 AM

Thumbnail by henryr10
Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

Beautiful warm afternoons here and lots of leaves falling from the last week of nights hovering around freezing.

Observed at: Fresno, California
Elevation: 335 ft / 102 m

37 °F / 3 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 70%
Dew Point: 28 °F / -2 °C
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 30.28 in / 1025 hPa
Visibility: 5.0 miles / 8.0 kilometers

Meet 'Mister', being so lazy he can't even get up to play with the cat toy, but can't leave it alone either.

Thumbnail by jcangemi
(Zone 3b)

7:30am, sunrise at 9:56 - sets at 3:38pm...very warm and windy this morning..it's nearly 40 degrees, first time above 32 since late October..
henry10 - the "long dark" seems more "natural" to me than the never-ending daylight in the summer. At least in winter, lights can be turned on.
The pets on this thread are soooo cute...
Christmas lights/sunny places/and those pretty red berries - love it all.
Denali (Mt. McKinley), in the middle of the Parks Hwy...
kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Has anyone seen Sugar posting anywhere? She hasn't posted here since 12/1. It's not like her to stay silent so long. (smile).

SUGAR........where are you?

Pati

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

I am home, I am depressed, I am lurking.
Much love,
Sidney

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Glad you're home......sorry you're depressed.....lurking good......love returned!!
Pati

(Zone 3b)

Good to have you back, Sidney -
kiska

This message was edited Dec 6, 2006 9:33 AM

(Zone 5a)

Sidney - glad you made it home safe and sound! Hope you'll be feeling better soon :-) It must be hard to be on the move for such an extended period of time.

jazz - glad you've enjoyed the photos :-)

ric and Kiska - I like the bright summers better than this dark time of year ...... it's always a pretty tough adjustment in November, but now in December it's fine with all the decorations .... it'll be tougher again in Jan.
Ric - Missy looks very regal on her throne there ;-) Lovely surroundings too - love the ivy!

jcangemy - Mister is a cutie too :-)

Kiska - it's a regular heatwave! Is it forcasted to last long??? It's freezing again here - and without the snow it's just miserably cold without there being any point to it. lol

The moon was really pretty today just after sunset. Here it is over part of Reykjavik with Mt. Botnsúlur in the background.

Thumbnail by rannveig
Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

Since it's cat time, here is my Cynthia........really nice.

Sunny and lower 40s today.

Thumbnail by Indy
(Zone 5a)

Oh Indy - Cynthia is a beauty! Is she a Norwegian forest cat or main coon?

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Really chilly last night - it was 18 on the porch this AM. We had a beautiful bright sunny/cloudy day - temps got up to abt. 42 degrees but has strong winds all day.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

No wind!

Updated: 2:51 PM PST on December 06, 2006
Observed at: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
80 °F / 27 °C
Clear
Humidity: 7%
Dew Point: 9 °F / -13 °C
Wind: 6 mph / 9 km/h from the SSE

Thumbnail by Kelli

Marylyn - how's it going?? Close to being finished with the costume?!
Ric - I'm in NE Florida (15-20 minutes under the GA border depending on how fast you drive!), gets a little chilly here at times!! Missy is gorgeous! Looks like my DB's Samson.
Janet - Mister is handsome!
Sidney - Glad you made it home safe. Hope you feel better very soon.
Rann - your moon looks like our moon the other night!! Are you moon-struck?!
Kiska - Beautiful pic of Denali
I have 2 pretty pics of the sunset tonight taken about 20 minutes apart!
Before shopping...

Thumbnail by MySharona

Oops - crossed posted!
Indy - Cynthia is beautiful!
Kelli - Where was that pic taken? That's awesome!
after shopping!!

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 3b)

2:30 pm, 30 degrees and calm...at least it's getting back to normal..the warmer weather really causes problems...snow is in the forecast.
rann - the moon is fantastic over the mts.
Indy your Cynthia looks very "queenly" so pretty.
se_eds - with wind/cold it sure brings down the windchill factor.
sharon - love those sunsets...our will be starting very soon (an hour from now at 3:38)...glad you enjoyed Denali - even seeing it from Anchorage, at 200 miles away, is just awesome.
kelli - that's such a nice Christmasy photo -
Church of 10,000 logs..one of oldest churches in Alaska., built when the colonists arrived in Palmer, in the late 1930's.
kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Interesting that the logs are vertical in that church. Those settlers must have been of a different background than the people who settled the eastern U.S.

Sharon, the picture was taken at Disneyland yesterday. They put on such beatiful parades.

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Heluuu!! I'm back! We had a really good trip ~ the sun was shining brightly! But now we are dark, cloudy, & expecting a little snow. (very little) Snow Shoe will get much more....& EB will get even more! Before leaving Pa. this morning, the girl on NBC said that the western part of Pa. would get from12-24 inches! Stay Warm! EB!

At the moment we are at 44*. I know it doesn't sound cold & this temp normally doesn't bother me, but I am chilling! I do that when I am tired.
I hope to catch up on all the reading in the morning (after a good snooze). Am looking forward to a good, Hot cup of coffee & a Good Read! (yawning)

Have a good evening & I'll "see ya" in the morning! :-D

Joey

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.