Who wants a Spring Roundup in GA ?

(Maggi) Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

Kenboy and I would like to come out in the spring again. Nadine (moodene) is talking about maybe coming with us, and we may kidnap another Texas buddy to bring along.

Ken has been working on some peafowl trades with folks on the route to GA so it could be a 'combo' trip for us.

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

If not too far from Auburn, I would be interested.

Donna in Douglas, GA(Zone 8b)

hey maggidew,
if Ken is looking for some Indian Blue Peafowl's I have several that need a new home! d-mail me if interested. I'll be at the round-up!

Donna

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Please read the updated beginning of this thread. I will be checking out some other places this week.

Donna in Douglas, GA(Zone 8b)

May 19th sound good!
The Beach would be nice too, each DG member could paid $10-15 to cover
cost on rental.
Donna

Marietta, GA(Zone 8a)

Count me, your son and both grandson's in as tentative yes's. I've got another thing scheduled for this weekend that may conflict but I'm waiting to hear back on a confirmation from the other party. I'll let you know if this is a firm yes as soon as possible.

Cleveland, GA(Zone 7a)

That sounds like a lot of fun! Let me see if I got this right, $10 per person for rental fees and $9 per person for BBQ, so if I come with my DH that would be $38 for us?

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Grace - hope all works out for you! There are great walking and bike trails for the kids. Alao a fishing lake.

Hmstyl - yes that's right, I know it's a little more than in the past, but this is a great place, very clean and convenient. If I end up with more than 30 people paid and comitted, I can give you a refund on the rental fee - I just want to be sure there is enough to cover. We have 31 listed to come, and most are bringing someone - if they come, but you know some won't and there may be more to sign up since it's early in the year. I will keep track of who paid what. I hope we get 100!!

This message was edited Jan 13, 2007 10:00 PM

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

FYI, Harold's Barbeque is THE BEST!!!! We have had them cater several things for our family in the past and they are exceptional!!!! I will send my money as well...so that is 38.00 for two right? I can't wait!!!
JanetS

Rome, GA(Zone 7b)

Hello,
I'm a new-comer to both DG and to Georgia but I would like to sign up for the round-up. I've never been to one and to be honest, don't even know what the term means. But, from reading the posts, it sounds like a blast and I would be honored to join you all.

Umm what do I bring? I have 14 flats of seedlings around my new house but I doubt any of them will live to May...

Jeff

Crossville, TN

Here it is...on the list...Thanks P. J. ....Jo

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/557555/

Lula, GA

HI, ya'll

Azalea, have you gotten any $$$ from anyone? Are we up to around 30 yet?

May works better for me. My plants will be in pots and should not suffer any transplant shock for anyone taking them home with them. Especially with the kind of winter we're not having!!

Roseone, where are you in North Georgia- I'm in Lula, NE of Gainesville- perhaps we can travel together?

I'm adding a few more things to my list. And I'm working on acknowledging the folks who have already arranged a trade.

Looking forward to meeting new folk, and to seeing others I already know!

Brenda B

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Not yet Brenda - I have had 3 people ask for my mailing address and one for PayPal, should have some in this week. If you plan to come, please don't put off sending payment so I can nail down the reservation for this neat pavilion. There are about 5 others, but they have very little parking and shade.
for PayPal, send it to PJBlack@comcast.net.
Thanks, PJ

This message was edited Jan 15, 2007 3:34 PM

Thumbnail by Azalea
Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Here's another shot. It will be a lot shadier by May when the leaves come out - These pics really don't show all the tables under the trees - We can use them for plants or eating. There are at least a dozen there and maybe 10 hnder the roof if it should rain.

Thumbnail by Azalea
Southern Mountains, GA(Zone 6b)

Wholyhosta, Hi, I'm at the north end of union county, north of Blairsville, about a mile from the NC line. Driving together is a possibility, but unlikely, as I'm never sure if I'm going somewhere until the day I wake up. Also, I do my utmost to avoid driving over the mountains to the Gainsville area, I prefer to go the 4 lane through Blue Ridge to get to points south and the airport area. I wouldn't want you to be in limbo as to whether I am going or not at the last minute. But sincere thanks for the offer.

Lula, GA

Roseone

You're right, by the time we could meet up along the way to car-pool, we would nearly be in Jonesboro!!

The pavilion is a welcome sight for me- by May, we can have some pretty hot sun going on!!!

Brenda B

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Time is going fast - lets get that rent money in ASAP - I just don't know how long it will be til til the Pavilion may be reserved by someone else - so please don't wait.
You may bring any type plants you may want to share - divisions or seeds. What you may have loads of, may be a first for a newbie. Most of my best plants came from trades at swaps, when I look at them, they bring back memories of good times and great friends. Be sure to label them with the plant name and who it is for and your name, who it is from.

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

My check is in the mailbox with the flag up. Thank you for spear-heading this event for us, Azalea!

Deborah♥

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

I will do this by the end of the weekend. Jim (GaRedClay) paid for me to attend an RU and I'd like to return the favor.. he's been MIA.. I need to call and see if all is well with him and Bobbie.
:)

Susan

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

That's really nice of you Susan - Jim is on the list above, for just one attending, hope Bobby is doing ok. I will mark you both paid when I hear from you. BTW, I just added my addy to the address exchange, don't know why I never did it before.

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

I am waiting to hear if my cousin can come. I should know by this weekend. So far, it my mom and me. Maybe Teresa, too.

Carmen

Southern Mountains, GA(Zone 6b)

Sorry, I won't be able to make it.

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Oh Pins, so wonderful to hear from you again - it will be great seeimg you!

Sorry you can't make it rose - I missed the last 2 so that's one reason I wanted to do this.

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Jim has a new job and is unsure if he can get the time off to come... I will pay for mine and then when he knows for sure send his in too.

Susan

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Cordeledawg - Got your check today and marked you pd on the list above - Thanks for getting it in. Remember all - if I don't get enough to hold the pavilion, I will refund your $$. Or if I get more than is needed, I will give a partial refund - or use it for Doorprizes.

Peachtree City, GA(Zone 7b)

WOW, am I excited- long term reader...but now I want in! I discovered Onaleeseeds.com last week and just received my huge order because I couldnt make up my mind...wondered what I was going to do with all the extra plants Im growing. Azalea, count me in. I think its only about 30 min. from me. OK, I have a yard full of stuff, that my neighbors love to pick through...never really thought of doing anything more than supplying the neighbors and throwing out hefty bags full of sedum, ice plant, lemon thyme creeping rasberry, phlox etc... The other things that divide or grow from seeds, the neighborhood doesnt have enough of yet...hosta, daylilly, hibiscus, lorepedulum(probably spelled wrong), daisy, gallardia, lilly of the valley, and quite a few things i dont remember the name of.
have 2 daphne plants growing for about 3 years, didnt realize they are going to grow as big as some of the pics you guys posted, might have to clear some room around them. They are in bloom now...where do i cut them to start rootings? About how long in water till they root?
I will have christmas cassia bush, blackberry lilly, butterfly weed, and others from the seeds i just bought.

Sorry, kids yelling for food...lol
name is Chris

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Welcome Chris!!! I need to some and see you and get some of your throw aways! You can come and get some of mine..LOL
Janet

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Yeah Chris, there are lots of folks that would love your extras - it's good to pot them if you have time, but not necessary. I wish I knew the secret to rooting daphne's I love them. I have tried numerous times to root them.

Glad to have you aboard.

Let's get that rent money in, time is flying by - as of today I have $140. for the pavilion, that's 14 people, 30 needed. You can send it paypal to me at pjblack@comcast.net or I am in the address exchange for checks or MOs.

OK, lets see....what do i pot them in... large cups, actual pots or??? What do i need to bring..how do i send u money. do i need to buy a table or whatever u said...sorry cant get away from this forum...have been reading for almost 5 hours...didnt realize all i was missing. Almost forgot where i posted this message. Need sleep soon. (or coffee and keep reading) What time do these roundup things happen. How long are they. can i bring my own food, want to bring friend and shes a veggie. Thats my busy season, All house contracts are now suspended for May 19th in PTC,Ga ...Hmmmm need day for planting also...ok will resume business on may 21st....some of the hosta and daylilly I split into about 4or5 and still have good size plants..is ok?There is no buying and selling...just trading, or giving right? For the people that have been to multiples of these roundups...what are some other things you would bring to these. camera,chair,pen and pad, etc??? Do people bring things like crinums (I like these, would like new varieties). After i get them potted or at least figure out what im bringing...do i post a list of things i have and want?...ok, thats enough for now will come back tomorrow.
Chris

PS. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

LOl- Chris - check the Trade list here http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/663844/ Just jump in there and pick your spot. Then D mail anyone there that has a list and request anything you see. Cheapo pots or styrofoam will do. You can write on them easily. No selling, at least we don't usually, no rules that I know of on this. We just have a good time and do what we want!

Yes, be sure to bring your camera, pen/pencil, even pruners if you dare! A roll of masking tape, and plastic bags. Don't think chairs will be necessary as there are lots of picnic tables with built on benches, IF we get this pavilian. Check out the pic of it in the first post on here. my PayPal addy is in the post just above yours.

Yes you or your friend can bring her own food, drinks, etc. I plan to bring sweet tea for everyone if they want it. A cooler with some Ice might come in handy.

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

I would still vote for anytime May (or even April - April is good!) ) as I have a bunch of cuttings done for this swap that are really growing and I would not want to hold them over the summer.

I will make the 12th or the 26th work, but im not sure what would be better...day before mothers day, or memorial day weekend. Anyone else have a preference.
Chris

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

I wouldn't be able to go on the 26th since my family reunion is on this date. If the round date is finalized on the 26th just use my deposit for door prizes.

Deborah♥

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I don't think those dates are the only ones now with two other places being in the running for "where" we are going to have it...LOL

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

I'm fine for any date at this point.

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

PJ, sorry I haven't paid till now... I have paid $20.. 1 for me and 1 for Jim..(GARedClay) He still is unsure if he can come due to not knowing if he will be in a new job or not and be able to ask for that day off.. if he is able, then that is for the pavillion rental and we will cover the food soon after.. or come up with plan B.. If he can't come, that's for my food too. Thanks
:)
If it would stop being so cold, I could get out their and grow some things from seed.
Susan

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

why is this thread so wide across my screen?

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

I contacted Terry and she fixed it right up.

Thanks, Terry!

This message was edited Jan 29, 2007 4:52 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.