Who wants a Spring Roundup in GA ?

I don't have a list. I'm just too new. I'll be coming for the friendships. :) Deborah and Donna, I do have your promised plants. I hope to have some herbs if anyone likes those.

PJ, I'll get my BBQ money in by the deadline for me and my DH. Am waiting to be sure my plans come together.

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Hey yall.. most of you personally know Jim, GaRedClay (pictured with me in my profile) He and his wife Bobbie really need our prayers and support during this trying time.. I just found out and here's a thread explaining their situation..

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/712293/

Susan

Donna in Douglas, GA(Zone 8b)

Thanks for your post Susan, Will remember Bobbie & Jim in prayer.

Does anyone have Persian Sheild to share??

Don't forget to order your Worm Casting!

Donna

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

3gardeners, Catherine, and her two beautiful children came to visit me in my garden today! What a nice afternoon! They went home with some Crinum, (the main purpose of the trip) some double Kwansa lilies, shasta daisy, stokesia, false dragonhead, sedum, catnip, monarda, and a Red Lantana, Ajuga, and a couple of others I can't name right now....I think I overwhelmed her a little, since I just kept pulling things up to share with her....so if I sent too much, someone please take some off her hands! Bless her heart...I have so many things to share and believe me I never notice when they are gone...lol I hope you truly enjoy all of it Catherine. It was a pleasure meeting you and your children and I look forward to seeing you again at the RU.

She brought me a Persian Shield, I think, Donna. I will get it planted, as she said it really grows fast, and maybe I can take some cuttings for you...lol Also brought me a bag of Nature's Helper and Some good soil...so I am thrilled.

I told her, I never think of how much DIRT I send home with folks along with the plants, so it is nice to have some to add back into the garden!

I am going to try and get all of my trades potted up and ready for the RU next week, and I will add to my list of what I am bringing....at that time. So it won't be long!

It is gong to be here before we know it too!!

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

I have been digging out tall red cannas today and they MUST go NOW! I have root competition for my just planted oak in the center of the island and they are moving in on my glads. I will ship them to you this week. I will not be potting them all up and waiting for the RU, as the tubers will be mushy by then.

I already said I would give Becky.. beclu many of these, but I have tons.. Becky please d-mail me with your addrress and I will ship this week as soon as I get your info. I have them pictured in the PF's as red dazzler.. but to be quite honest, I'm starting to doubt if that's what they really are.. http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/120217/ I purchased then in a Daves co-op years ago, and the co-op threads were taken down for a while and that info is gone.. I do have the name, but it is on my other hard drive which is not hooked up.. so..... that is what they look like.. I should have the picture removed until I determine their real name..

Anyone??

If your going to the trade you can bring me something..or not!! If your not going to the trade, just d-mail me please and we will work it out. I'm easy and want to get these out of here and not in the trash if at all possible. Thanks

:)
Susan

Thumbnail by soulgardenlove
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

They are very pretty, wish I had some room for them. I am sure you will get a lot of takers!

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Continued on new thread (Part 2) http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/715570/

Mentone, AL

I'm lovin a roundup in GA. Of course I wanna eat but got no idea about using paypal. Got an address I can send a check?

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

I have been tryiong to keep the "attending" and paid list up to date on the first post herre - pleasee look it over and let me know if I have left anyone out. Iif some of you would like to bring a light dessert, It would be appreciated. Soupcon has volunteered to bring Oatmeal, raisen cookies.

Thanks, PJ

Monroe, NC(Zone 7b)

Hi PJ: Please make sure I am on your attending list. My hubster also. I will bring brownies.

See you soon.
Robin

Peachtree City, GA(Zone 7b)

I dont know about light, LOL, but I am bringing a dessert.
chris

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Thank you all so much - we're going to have a great time!

PJ

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

How many do we have coming so far?

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

There are 35 m3mbers and I'm not sure how many guests - you can count them on the first post - just been really busy but I will get it down soon.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

no problem, I was just curious! Should be great fun..I am hoping to be able to get all of my things ready to go this week.

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Yes, it is time to get them potted so they will have time to perk back up - please don't pot them in clay - if they are not planted immediately, they will most likely die! At a lot of plant sales and swaps, this is the way they come, and there are too many to get planted as soon as they should be - then you lose them. Give somethng that you would want to receive. Be sure to label them :)

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

No, I will plant in good soil...have two very large bags for this purpose! Do you think I need to plant the lilies and Iris as well, or can they be wrapped in moist paper and plastic around the roots? Just wondering how most peeps do theirs.

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

I think the lilies & iris will be ok in just damp paper towels, perhaps plastic wrap also around the roots - them a grocery bag should be fine - just use some masking tape as a label on one of the stalks , color, who it is from & for, keep it simple!!

This message was edited May 14, 2007 7:33 PM

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

There is still time to get your BBQ $$ in - I need 40 orders to get the price of $9,00 so far I have 35pd. You may use my PayPal adress of pjblack@comcast.net for instant payment. I can get a few extra at the last minute if I know you are coming, but don't want a lot left over.
I'm sorry- I have not yet posted local Motels, I will look some up now and post them here.
There are lots of them on I-75 north or So of Jonesboro, Stockbridge , about 7 mi east of Jonesboro. http://www.google.com/search?q=Stockbridge%2C+GA+Motels&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1
Also on 1941 or Tara Blvd thre are several. If coming up I-85 from the south there are some close to Union City or Fayetteville.

http://www.trails.com/all-hotels/city-hotel.asp?dest=ga+jonesboro

This message was edited May 14, 2007 7:30 PM

Cleveland, GA(Zone 7a)

Hey PJ, I've been so busy lately I almost missed this! aaacckkk! I've been spending as much time as possible in my veggie garden, so I'm not online a lot these days! I'm planning on coming Saturday - and I'm bringing Ben with me. I will go to paypal in a minute and send you the $18.00 for lunch. I'll try to make something tasty Friday night, but I have no idea what that will be.

I don't think I have much to trade, the drought here is making things difficult this spring. I have lots of small purple iris that are crowded and need thinned out, I can pot up some of those. Would it be ok to pot up some little maple saplings and such? Anybody need any little trees?

Cindy

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Been meaning to post this - I been busy too! After all the trading & visiting starts winding down, I thought it would be nice for as many as have time to go visit a couple of nurseries.
There is a wonderful nursery just a couple of miles from the church called Walker's nursery. It is a bit pricy on some things, but they have things you don't see just everywhere. My next door neighbor (Grandiflora) works there and hopefully can show up at our swap, at least for lunch??
Another good friend of mine has a small nursery about 6 miles south of town called Carol's Green Frog nursery. She specializes in perennials, small shrubs and trees, very reasonable concrete peices too. Carol's is a little off the beaten path but worth the trip.

I will have to say Walkers is very nice. I went there several years ago, and the woman working there was fabulous.
Some things were very expensive, but I got my little miniature Haws seedling watering can there for a song.

Is there anyone else who needs a vegetarian meal? If not, I will just bring a sandwich for myself and bring dessert to share with everyone.

Pls. let me know!

GGG

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

okay.. I really don't need to.. Kind of like the same way alcoholics don't need another drink, but if Glynis is up for it, I'd do the nursery tour after :)
:)
Susan

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I have several Forsythia, and Weigela bushes rooted. Is anyone interested in these?

Alpharetta, GA(Zone 7b)

Hi Azalea, Just sent in my BBQ $. Thanks.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Just a note to say I may have one extra coming, but not sure. Can I pay for the lunch when we get there if he gets to come? If not let me know..thanks!
JanetS

Azalea, I would order for the 40...if you are short, myself and whoever wants to will make sure you are covered.
chris

Donna in Douglas, GA(Zone 8b)

I'll be NUTS by friday........

Plants are ready to go, but I had to put my father in the hospital yesterday in valdosta. He's retaining fuild gain 15 pounds in 7 days. With condigest heart failure/kidney transplant/diabetes to keep in balance. With His wife on vacation - last Sunday for 2 wks, didn't tell any of us kids she was leaving or how long she was going to be gone. No-one to care for daddy he's home alone! In then mean time Daddy is gaining weight daily, and he would not listen to us kids. Waiting for his wife to tell him what to do! Go figure that! So I'm the child that doesn't work that can care for him, which I'm very happy to do! He's in Valdosta-I'm in Douglas just an hour away.

This isn't to serious yet, altho last year the almost lost both leggs in hospital 9 weeks. I would say my father has been very bless. But very hard head when it comes to his care and caring for himself. He can't leave the salt and all those bad foods alone.

Going back to the hospital this morning will be there until. Wish he was in a private room, there all full. Praying for a fast recovery.
I'm hopefully he'll be out of the hosptial by Friday & all will be back to normal. Should have a sitter for him Friday to give me a break this weekend.

I'm still hopefull of going to the Round-UP! I'm staying in touch with Cordeledawg-Deborah, she'll keep yall up-dated.

Donna

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Wow, Donna, bless your heart. I'll be praying for you and your Dad. I do hope the situation improves and you will still be able to attend.

Brenda

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Donna, so sorry to hear about your dad and sending him a prayer of quick recovery :)

Susan

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

It's good that he did go on to the hospital when he did. Sending hugs and prayers to all of you and especially for your dad to feel better.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Bless your heart! That is so stressful, and they can be so stubborn! I don't understand why his wife didn't come home too? That would certainly be enough to turn me around....take care Donna, and I hope and pray everything will improve for him soon!
JanetS

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Donna, sorry to hear about yr dad. That IS tough. Take care.

And BTW how come all are talking on this thread? I haven't been here in weeks since we had a 2nd one. Have I missed something? I still have to "park" my 14 yr old somewhere for the day. How late is it going to be, can anybody tell me?
See you all saturday then.
Coby

Donna, I fully understand your situation. I was in a very similar situation when my Daddy fell and broke a hip. He had been suffering from Parkinsons and confusion. My Mom was so burnt out from caring for him she just fed into the situation. Her brain was so fried. So I feel for you, it is tuff to see these things happening to one's parent.

GGG

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I would like to know where to list the people I have trades for, so I can be sure I haven't forgotten anyone...I don't want to put it in the wrong spot...lol So I am going to list here what I have so far, coming in and going out...hope that is okay.

Deb...Cordeledawg...2 Orange Tiger Lilies
Brenda - Wholyhosta - 4 Orange Tiger lilies, Heirloom Iris, and Amaryllis Seed
Elaine - EFGeorgia - Purple Iris, Red Zinger Iris, Lemon Lilies
Donna - Gapeahen - LA Iris, Crocosmia, Monarda Red and Purple
Carmen - Pins - Shasta Daisy, Solomon Seal
Glynis - GGG - Lemon Lilies Tall and Short, Purple Iris
Beth - Turtle - Tet e' tet Daffodils, Grape Hyacinths, creeping sedum
Wenny - Farmerpickle - Crepe Myrtle
Beclu727 - EEs
ICF530 - Red Lantana? (hoping I can get it dug up fresh on Friday!)
Thripmaster - Weigela

I don't have my list of what I have coming handy..lol but I think all of the trades are known, from the ones I have bringing things for me...I just don't want to forget anything I am supposed to be bringing for someone else!

I will only be able to bring the Red Lantana if I can get my DH to dig it for me on Friday. Otherwise I will be happy for you to come here and dig it and take it home...I am just not able to dig it up for anyone. He dug out a huge one, and it is sitting on my porch, it is not red though, and I don't know how long it will live out of the soil. I took some cuttings and planted them and they have roots in dirt, so I will be sure to bring those. This is the old fashioned variety, it may be called "spice" or something like that. I was thinking it was "Confetti" but that is not right..I do hae that one as well though....just not dug up...;(

Janet, The lantana that I dug up to share was not as easy as I remembered. They were much easier to stick a shovel in them when they were small!! I had to cut the root ball with a saw! They look like they will recover from the trauma. Dont worry about it if DH cannot dig it up.
Chris

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks for understanding Chris. Like I said, you are more than welcomed to come and dig in my garden...for Lantana and other goodies too..lol

Janet, Thanks for the offer, I will absolutely keep that in mind. :)
chris

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Donna, so sorry to hear about your Dad. Will pray for his recovery.
Janet, you have mine correct..
See you Saturday.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I keep thinking someone besides Carmen asked me for Shasta Daisy, but I can't remember who or find the post...so I thought if I listed everything...if they did, they would yell and let me know..lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.