Who wants a Spring Roundup in GA ?

Boy I sure wish these could be held closer to Macon. :) Y'all have fun!

Cordele, GA

Those of us who are below the fall line need to get together sometime for a road trip. Maybe we can go to TyTy or somewhere near Tallahassee.

Beth

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I didn't think Jonesboro was far from Macon..how far is it? Hey, if you are going to Tallahassee, Beth, why not just plan a BEACH TRIP!!! Count me in...LOL

Oh boy ... y'all come on down. :-) I'm in Valdosta. That's right on the way. LOL

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I have family in Valdosta...

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Macon is about 60 Mi south of Jonesboro, not that far really. Some folk's may be coming from NC!!

I don't drive. :-)

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Elaine, somehow someway I'd be glad to arrange a way to get you from Valdosta to Jonesboro. Where there is a will, there is a way. ☺

Deborah♥

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Beth, did you mean the city of TyTy or the nursery? The nursery had more negative feedback than anyone on Daves and they demanded to be removed from the watchdog and they were removed.

Tyrone, GA(Zone 7b)

That's interesting SGL - I have head a lot about the nursery at TyTy and always wanted to take a road trip but with all that negative feedback, that won't be happening. Thanks for the heads up. Liz

Deborah, thank you very much for your kind offer. :-)
Hugs ... Elaine

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

I think my mom and Teresa will be coming with me.

Carmen

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

Just me

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Hi ecobioangie - I saw where you said on the other list "nothing to trade" but don't let that stop you from requesting - take a look at my list and others' lists too. Many of us are long time gardeners and just looking for "good homes" for our extra plants. When a garden grows well, it grows REALLY well.
Sterling

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

Well I have been able to trade in the past (this is my second house) and I've been to roundups before, I just don't feel comfortable asking for things when I have nothing to give. What I will do is raid the orphan table! LOL

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Angie - so glad you are coming - What are you looking for??

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

I guess I'll have to do the front yard first since I don't have the $ to do the hardscaping needed in the backyard to keep the dogs from running through stuff.

It's north facing under big oaks. So shade stuff. Hydrangeas, foxgloves, hostas, astilbe, etc. etc. etc. If there's an orphan that I have to have that's for sun I'll just make a nursery bed and deal with their permanent home in a year or so. This house needs so much work that I might be saying 'a year or so' for the next 5 years. lol

Cumming, GA(Zone 7b)

Azalea, I'll definately bring my Mom and maybe my neighbor.

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Me and Glynis (GGG) in my van :)

:)

Yes, liz, I'm the dumpster diver and I just couldn't be paid to go their after all the money they stole. I wouldn't touch TyTy with a pole.

Susan

Thomasville, GA(Zone 8a)

101, I will be going and I can certainly come by and pick you up. If we pack light we can get a lot of plants in my car. I'm in Thomasville, so that's not to far to come and get you. Let me know is you want to look at that possibility. Elaine

Elaine ... thank you! That's very kind of you. :-)

Cordele, GA

TyTy has gotten really funny feedback on several forums. People who have gone there have good experiences, while those who mail order get ripped off. I have never been to the nursery but have been aware of them since I was in my teens (which has been a while). I think it might be a pilgrimage spot for me. I have a Grand Round planned for 'someday' when I retire. It includes the Marian Selby gardens, the Florida Keyes, Denver Botanical gardens, the gem and mineral show in Phoenix, Native American Art show in Santa Fe. and the Texas Botanical garden with the alpine house that is dug into the ground and airconditioned. Please don't inquire about how I will fund this and I won't have to mention bank robberies and the pidgeon drop.

Beth

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Beth, a very well known local gardener who also happens to have been feartured on A Gardeners Diary.... he and a bunch of other gardeners take vacation trips to nurseries!! He's in one of my garden clubs... They all go to Florida and such and they choose the places based on the nurseries that are there!!! Wow!!

Yes, I've heard the same about TyTy... people that go in person see what they are getting and the ones that don't lose out very very badly. After reading the feedback before it got taken down, I just couldn't spend a dime there or even pull stuff out of their trash for free for what they have done to folks.

Thomasville, GA(Zone 8a)

Alert: according to the Thomasville Time Enterprise this a.m. Ty Ty is being taken off the State of Ga map. They are removing 519 towns in GA. The Rand Atlas said they would leave most of those towns on its map. I have heard negative things about the nursery also. I, like others, have said I was going but have not made it yet. Have a nice day everyone. Elaine

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Hope the nursery wasn't bad enough for the whole town to disappear off the face of the map! lol

Thomasville, GA(Zone 8a)

I really got mixed messages on the nursery. I guess maybe they have poor management. Love your comment. Could be correct. lol.

Donna in Douglas, GA(Zone 8b)

Okay we'll All go NORTH in the spring of 2007!
Why not plan to go SOUTH in the FALL of 2007?
I would love to host a round-up here in Douglas
in October of 2007! Lots of space & free gathering room!

I know that's really way to far to plan, huh?
But keep it on the back burner on low for now!! lol!

JanetB & lo1 , I was born in Valdosta and still have family there!
I was a Carter then and live on St. Augustine Rd.

Cordeledawg, give me a haller!!

Donna

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

My husband's extended family live in Valdosta, he is related to the Lanes and of course the Slocums in Valdosta...The Fergusons...Plagemans, Sayres, Tiers....are all family of my husband...we used to go down every year and play golf in the Jack Oliver Golf Tournament...it was a blast!!!

Cleveland, GA(Zone 7a)

Hey, I just found you guys. I guess I've had my head in the dirt so long I didn't even know there was a Georgia forum!! I'm excited, I wanna come to your roundup!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

LOL..that is a hoot...it is a big place here at DAVE's!

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Welcome hmstyl! Here's wishing you a happy new year with lots of spring blooms. See you at the round up.

Deborah♥

Lula, GA

Hey, any news on a location for, for sure??? We're going to start crankin' up soon with some hot and furious trading, now the holidays are nearly over, am I right???

It's been so warm, I have been diggin and pottin all fall-winter, so far!

Happy New Year, all!!! Can't wait for the roundup in April!

Brenda B

Well, if I can't make it to the one in april ... I won't miss the one that's hosted in Douglas for the fall if that works out! LOL

Donna in Douglas, GA(Zone 8b)

Do we need to post want plants we'll have to trade?
Maybe on another thread? I'm new to this round-up!
But for sure making plans to host a 07 fall round-up in October!
Happy New Year to All!
Donna

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Brenda, where are you putting them all? Do you have a greenhouse? I need to get started on Winter Sowing, are any of you doing that yet?

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Donna, put your trades in this thread:
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/663844/

Janet, I'm starting my winter sewing this week-end. I've been waiting for * winter *? LOL

Lula, GA

HI, Janet

I winter sow indoors, under lights, 24-7, starting............. yesterday!! I'm running late, too!

Starting hosta seed and brug seeds. Brugs I start from seed now will bloom by next fall- pretty exciting to see what these hybrids will produce in flowers!

And otherwise, start Zinnias and other annuals in March. Have a cold frame but no greenhouse- gonna hafta do something about that!

Brenda

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

Count me in, with hubby and son in tow. :)

Susan

Southern Mountains, GA(Zone 6b)

Just found this thread. Put me down for a maybe. I'd like to come but it's a long drive for me and if the weather is bad I won't be able to get there. I will have phlox divisions and probably some veggie starts. Hope to be there, I enjoyed the one I went to in Fall of '05.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.