Pics of your passies, please?

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

There are so many gorgeous passies out there that I don't have...lol. Here is a picture of my Lady Lavender. This will be the third season that I've overwintered it in the basement.
:) Donna

Thumbnail by PerennialGirl
NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Donna, I'm on my second or third year with one and it gets monsterous, does yours? I mean I let it take the lattice on the deck and it just goes crazy, just now starting to bloom, very reliable.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Yes, it does grow really well. I need to get a better trellis. When I bring it in, I do have to cut it back alot.

Baton Rouge, LA(Zone 8b)

My Passiflora 'Incense' that gets little to no attention, not to mention water. We have a place on the water and only go there every other weekend [usually], but she is happy!

Thumbnail by DiamondD
San Diego, CA

ok, you guys forced me to get busy and take some pics. All that follow were taken in the last 7 to 10 days.
Mark

P. 'Jelly Joker'

Thumbnail by zostropz
San Diego, CA

ok, every Racemosa opened up without me seeing them except this last flower. This was late in the day and it was pretty week at this point.
Mark

P. Racemosa

Thumbnail by zostropz
San Diego, CA

Ok, this is a new one I just got. It is a cross of the P. Amethystina 'long pundical' and the P. Amethystina 'short pundical'
Mark

Thumbnail by zostropz
San Diego, CA

ok, one of my small plants grew up, this is P. 'Temptation'
Mark

Thumbnail by zostropz
San Diego, CA

ok, another baby that grew up, this is P. 'Blue Velvet'. It is a bit smaller flower than temptation and the corona fillaments are just a bit different.
Mark

Thumbnail by zostropz
San Diego, CA

I don't think the P. Kermesina pic loaded so sorry if it does it twice.
Mark

Thumbnail by zostropz
San Diego, CA

I finally got to experience the incredible blooms of P. Kermesina. What an awesome flower.
Mark

Thumbnail by zostropz
San Diego, CA

ok, this one is just a lame little P. Subpeltata.
Mark

Thumbnail by zostropz
San Diego, CA

ok, this is a Xiikzodz hybrid called P. 'Balaam'
Mark

Thumbnail by zostropz
San Diego, CA

and this is almost identical to Balaam, it is P. 'Manta'
Mark

Thumbnail by zostropz
San Diego, CA

And last but not least, the most important passiflora of them all.....this is my newest one, Passiflora 'Chopper'.
goodnight all,
Mark

Thumbnail by zostropz
NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Very Pretty, Chopper looks very content. Mark, please post your Kermisina in the plant files, It's quite lovely and there are no pics.. thx
http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/118320/index.html

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Here's my Lady Margaret!

Thumbnail by MySharona

And here's the vine...it's really taken off this year!

Thumbnail by MySharona
NE, KS(Zone 5b)

I just love her, she's probably my favorite. Not nearly as large as your's but it warrants a spot in front of the French doors during winter.... Just lovely, MySharona.

St. Paul, MN(Zone 4b)

Mark, your collection is always impressive. Congratulations on all of your successes! I particularly like the P. kermesina. Wow! I recently ordered seeds of it and will hopefully have as much success with it that you have. And there is nothing lame about P. subpeltata - it's an old favorite that is always a treat!

Oot of all of them, though, I think P. 'Chopper' is my favorite!

Erick

Thumbnail by ErickMN
San Diego, CA

AuntB, I'll try posting that pic but have never done that before.
Mark

San Diego, CA

Erick, thank you so much. I've been busy getting these plants ready for winter, got a lot of work to do.
Mark

Thank you AuntB. Mine is a year old, can't wait to see what she does next year. They're all so beautiful, it's difficult to pick a fav! Although P. Chopper is at the top!

Thumbnail by MySharona
San Diego, CA

Ok, Chopper is a hit. lol I have a new flower today, I'll get a pic posted later. This will be Passiflora Racemosa 'Buzios'. It is not the bright red like the normal racemosa and the corona filaments are different too.
Mark

Seattle, WA

My cerulea is looking good...

Thumbnail by cloudia
Seattle, WA

The vine has filled out!

Thumbnail by cloudia
Seattle, WA

And here is a flower from Amethyst. (Unfortunately Lady Margaret died, and Crimson Tears hasn't bloomed yet.)

Thumbnail by cloudia
San Diego, CA

Okay everyone, here it is, my very first flower ever from Passiflora Racemosa 'Buzios'. It differs from the regular Racemosa by having much lighter flowers, long corona fillaments and the center is much much lighter.
Mark

Thumbnail by zostropz
NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Standing ovation, Mark! I LOVE it! And the shape of the buds .... are those before or after opening? Just Beautiful!

Cloudia, Your vine is massive!! The amethyst is beautiful!

Mark, I've never seen one like that! It's just gorgeous! Where do you grow all of them?!

Thumbnail by MySharona
San Diego, CA

MySharona - All my vines are pot grown in the back yard, I don't have any space to plant anything here, it's all cement.

AuntB - those buds are all before opening. This picture was the very very first one to open for me, I've never seen this flower before except in a picture.
Mark

Dallas, TX

I dont have any flowers here yet, but I just put this Incense Passionflower in the ground about two months ago. Its all over the place .... Can I expect it bloom soon?
The same thing with the white "Constance". I broke the vine in error so its way behind the "Incense", but still is not growing as fast as the purple incense.

Thumbnail by City_Sylvia
Dallas, TX

Pic of the white Constance... I need to get it back on track...:)

Thumbnail by City_Sylvia
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Mark your passiflora's are all georgeous!! I wish I could keep things alive in pots. I would definetly have more varieties then.

This message was edited Sep 12, 2006 8:14 AM

Kellyville, OK(Zone 7a)

I love everyone of the pasiflora pictures, and everytime I get a bloom I have to take a pic of it. John

Thumbnail by carrjohn
Dallas, TX

I havent got any blooms yet, but the vine is running wild, can I expect to see blooms this year?

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Wow, everyone, I want them ALL! Really enjoying the pics!
Sylvia, I hope you do, mine had more vine on the trellis when it bloomed, but seems like it started budding after a growth spurt. Will it die back this winter, when does your growing season end?

Had to post - "The Caerulea Twins"

Thumbnail by AuntB
Dallas, TX

AWWW ... I am sooo jealous! :(

San Diego, CA

Marie, thank you for the compliment.
Mark

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Here is Passiflora "Indigo Dream" nice contrasting colors. not much on fragrance though.

Kyle

Thumbnail by Eclipse

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.