Pics of your passies, please?

Winchester, VA(Zone 6a)

wow, everyone's look fantastic. I bought another this year and no blooms yet. :( Am I too north? Any suggestions for wintering in z.6a?

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

I think it depends, which one do you have? I'm in 5b and I cut mine back a bit and keep in the basement, gets some light and I water sparingly.

Visalia, CA(Zone 7a)

I haven't seen a sapphire on here yet, so I'll share mine. This one was at the nearby Grocery Outlet - how funny, huh! Also, I'm from Jackson, TN, and have been to Randolph's so many times. They always have something new and unique!

Thumbnail by Tanya3
St. Paul, MN(Zone 4b)

Hello All.

I thought I would share my P. subpeltata. I started it from seed five years ago and it finally bloomed for the first time ever today! The flowers are 2.5" (6.5 cm) at their widest point and have no fragrance that I can detect.

Erick

Thumbnail by ErickMN
New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Congrats, Erick!

We all know the pain of anticipation- and you're a better person than I to wait 5 years for it, but it's sure a beauty.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Congratulations!! You truly are awesome to have waited that long. I might have gotten upset and replaced it by one year.

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

lol...you and me both, Marie! I guess we should take this as a lesson in patience over immediate gratification, but...

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Goodness gracious what a patient man. Erick, you're an inspiration! Congratulations! It's precious!

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

I am definetly an instant gratification kind of gal!!! I have one passion vine that has been up about 9 months and no blooms yet. I am already thinking about what I can replace it with. :o) Erick definetly inspires...

St. Paul, MN(Zone 4b)

Thank you all very much for the kind comments. Know that they are sincerely appreciated. After all these years, I was determined to see at least one flower, so this year I re-potted it, placed it in the garden and have been pampering it some. It responded with flowers! It has about twenty more buds that I can see.

Thank you again,

Erick

Kellyville, OK(Zone 7a)

Amazingly this incarnata survived a transplant from the woods to my well house in the middle of summer. It has had several blooms since and you can see all the buds yet to open. John

Thumbnail by carrjohn
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

From the woods? I really live in the wrong state.

Kellyville, OK(Zone 7a)

Yes, after realizing what this vine was, I have been mowing them down everytime I mow, right here in my front yard. Then after reading what the flower stands for I just cannot make myself mow them over. Now they are just spreading all over my yard. I have since found them growing up to 20 ft tall at my pond dam. John

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

lol...yeah, John, they're very good at spreading the gospel...;)

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Hey Tess does your Lady M make seeds ? Paul

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

any one have this one ? Passiflora suberosa

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

No but I sure would like one.

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Shoot! Paul, I'm really sorry- I meant to go out and check on the whole seed thing! I'll do it as soon as I get back and report. The Lady M isn't blooming right this second, but Purple Haze & Inspiration both are, I think...

Kellyville, OK(Zone 7a)

I have several seed pods from the incarnata, what do I do with them as I have these things growing wild? John

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Paul, got any pics of suberosa??

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Nope its a native to Florida tho Paul

New Port Richey, FL(Zone 9b)

can any one ID this from a real bad picture?
Don

Thumbnail by donlaclair
Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

Here's a few views of ClearSky.. finally startng to bloom..awaiting blooms from the others now
Gordon

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

This is Clear Sky again... Gordon

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

will add a couple this is p. subrotunda, leaves are half moon shaped and fold in half, the flowers smell like Mockorange.flowers are about 2 1/2 inches across.

Thumbnail by Eclipse
Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Pass. subrotunda side view..

Thumbnail by Eclipse
Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Pass. aurantia, a species that the flowers hold two days and change colors, red to Ivory tan.small leaves.

Thumbnail by Eclipse
Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Pass. nephroides large very hairy leaves and 2 inch flowers with a typical pass scent.

Thumbnail by Eclipse
Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Pass. nephroides side view

Thumbnail by Eclipse
Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

my constance elliott.I have tons of seed pods on this plant, but so far all are empty. :-(

Thumbnail by Eclipse
Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

id check and see if its makeing pollen QQ

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Nice picks, Gordon. Eclipse, you been holding out on us? I just love your nephroides. Don, I'm going out on an ID limb,.... Lavendar Lady?

Thumbnail by AuntB
Rock Island, IL(Zone 5b)

IMCANADIAN: Thank you! Your momma there is quite striking. Here I'm just happy to have any passiflora overwinter.

Thanks for the pictures folks!

Dax

(Nadine) Devers, TX(Zone 9b)

P.Blue Bouquet..Sorry for fuzzy pic..I took this one at friend's house...

Thumbnail by Moodene
Kalama, WA(Zone 8b)

Gorgeous Passiflora's!

Here's one I forgot the name of but hadn't seen posted in this thread yet.

Joy

Thumbnail by Joy
Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

http://www.strangewonderfulthings.com/tips149.htm Bannana Passion flower

Memphis, TN

Here's another volunteer-- I wondered what it was...
Comes up between the clematis and the wisteria.
Can't get the wisteria to bloom... been hitting it with a broom jes' like my maw maw tol' me... It's takin over the house... worsen kudzu

Thumbnail by rebel_rouser
Headland, AL(Zone 8a)

Not sure the name of this one. My sis gave it to me and said that during a hurricane last year some of her Constance Elleiots and Ceruleans got mixed up. We've been wiating for it to bloom to see what it was. Obviously it isn't Constance Elliot....so I"m thinking Cerulean???

Thumbnail by BamaBelle
Headland, AL(Zone 8a)

Another view

Thumbnail by BamaBelle
Headland, AL(Zone 8a)

Here is one of my many Incarnatas. I"ve got about 12 fruit on them. Thinking about making some jam if I get enough fruit....

Thumbnail by BamaBelle

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.