Pics of your passies, please?

Denver, CO

Mark in CA: Do those latter two Passiflora hybrids have coriacea blood in them?
Kenton

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Here is mine. Someone told me it is incarnata...

Thumbnail by yardqueen1948
San Diego, CA

James, both of them do. In fact, they are both the same cross I think, just done at different times.
Mark

San Diego, CA

Yard, you pic looks like P. Incense
Mark

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

ClearSky.. climbing on the plumeria....always in flower..such a joy..and it helps keep the tree stable in the high winds.. Gordon

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

Wow I did not know there was so many passion vines..I had this unknown come up this year around my pond and has bloomed like crazy and now full of fruit..I may need to add a few others colors next year..

Thumbnail by SnowBird56
Thomasville, GA(Zone 8b)

Here's Passy Wally World! Any ID help would be much appreciated. It is going crazy in zone 8b!

I planted it for both the blooms and the butterflies, it's not the one native to this area but they are still laying on it. Now if my brown thrashers will leave the caterpillars alone.....

plantnutga

Thumbnail by plantnutga
Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Plantnut - That's a Lady Margaret - isn't she beautiful?!!

Here's mine!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Thomasville, GA(Zone 8b)

Well, thank goodness SOMEONE knows what it is! The people at Wally World sure didn't!

I passed over the red passiflora because I know the butterflies ignore it. this one was just too beeeuuuuutiful to pass up, though

plantnutga

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

geeeee i miss all my passifloras.......... I only have one here, and it is an incarnata.......

and i have no pictures, but I sure enjoyed seeing all of yours

these are my favorites

p. subrotunda
lady lavender, lady margaret
i will try to get some when i am back in the states and bring them out

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Oh, pebble, where are they in the states, are you in the military? I've seen about 5 or 6 (at least) I "need" to add to my collection.... If they are a tough vine, I can keep them in the basement, alive but not growing.... I just love all the colors!

Aunt Bee - My Lady Margaret is still growing!

Thumbnail by MySharona
NE, KS(Zone 5b)

SHARON! I am green with envy! How glorious, just .. I'm in AWE! I knew it was a rugged one.... If you can grow her like that, WHY doesn't everyone down there have one in their garden??? I'm in zone 5b, just happy as a clam I can grow them to bloom 2 or 3 at a time! Ok, I'm moving!! lol

Mc Call Creek, MS

Haven't seen Passiflora Alata Ruby Glow here. This is the most awesome flower I've every seen. Very heavy flower that hangs straight down so that you need to be under it to see it. Petals look like wax and are very thick. Wonderful fragrance. Heavy bloomer. No bugs. WOW!

Kay

Thumbnail by TrixieM

Kay - that's gorgeous! Does it have a scent?

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

More beautiful flowers! Mark your Passiflora Racemosa 'Buzios' is so different. Luv it!! I'm drooling over everyone's Lady Margaret! I've been wanting one for dogs ages...lol!!
:) Donna

Manalapan / Englisht, NJ(Zone 7a)

Passiflora edulis / a.k.a. Purple Passion Fruit, Granadilla

I planted this from seed in the late spring. It had only one bud, which opened the day after I brought it indoors last week. I have several other plants started from seed last year but they have never bloomed with the exception of the two planted in the ground in my greenhouse. They bloomed for the first time this year and have bloomed profusely.

Thumbnail by Donovan

Donovan - just gorgeous!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Heres Mine

Thumbnail by phicks
NE, KS(Zone 5b)

OH, Kay, THAT is the one I killed! I love it! The petal edges look almost blue.. just gorgeous! Maybe I will try again in spring if I can find one. Wow, Donovan, how patient you are. I bet you will get lots of blooms next year. Paul, is yours in the ground?

Manalapan / Englisht, NJ(Zone 7a)

Thank you MySharona & AuntB.

Planted from seed last year, this came back after a New Jersey winter, a pleasant surprise. Planted in the ground inside the greenhouse (unheated), it even found itself outside. The blooms have faded due to the fall weather.

Thumbnail by Donovan

This is a series of pics, couldn't get Lady M in one shot
She started here...
Sharon

Thumbnail by MySharona

2nd outside the arbor shot

Thumbnail by MySharona

Inside left

Thumbnail by MySharona

Inside

Thumbnail by MySharona

another inside moving to the right

Thumbnail by MySharona

Last one - she's moved to the left side of the arbor

Thumbnail by MySharona
Munich, Germany

here is my P. edulis flavi.

Thumbnail by re01434
NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Sharon, talk about MASSIVE! She's making quite a spectacle of herself! Wow, re01434, THAT is HUGE also, is that a pineapple in front of it? I've been growing a pineapple since last spring, a friend brought it to me, hasn't really grown that much...... A pic of a L.M bloom in early fall, they seemed to be smaller with cooler nights, taken a couple weeks ago.

Thumbnail by AuntB
Munich, Germany

@AuntB

yes, in front of the p. edulis is a pineapple.

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

When I got this passionflower I imagined the blooms to be many times larger than they are here. Can anyone tell ne what cultivar this would be?

Thumbnail by jmorth
Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

well... here'sClearSky...into November..and she's doing as good as ever..not a sign of stress from the high winds and cold rains.. the color is slightly softer..and less vibrant now.. I like to set them to climb the fence... then jump to other plants.. which anchors both plants in the high winds.. just before this picture.. the wind picked up a glass topped table with folded and tied down umbrella and umbrella weight..and blew it some 10' away from where had been .. the second time it happened a few days later .. the glass broke ..but the flowers persist... and well a great job anchoring... in this photo.. anchoring a plumeria.. we'll be bringing them all downstairs this week.. the plumeria will go in under lights and ClearSky will go into the hallway.under a skylight...and climb up the ladder..and perhaps bloom till spring.. Gordon

This message was edited Nov 5, 2006 1:18 AM

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Jmorth yours is pass. Lutea, can be found wild in the eastern to southern USA.

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Thanks Eclipse

Jmorth and Gordon - your pv's are beautiful! Then again...I love all the pv's!!!!!!!!!
Sharon

Thumbnail by MySharona
NE, KS(Zone 5b)

That's what I called getting the most out of your growing season, Gordon... I didn't realize New York's zone was that high...

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

heres the twins B mine is in a small pot

Thumbnail by phicks
NE, KS(Zone 5b)

In a pot, Paul? Will you plant in the ground? They are gorgeous. Hey, we're getting up to almost 70 degrees today! I thought I posted this pic, but it's the last hoorah for Purple Haze taked a couple weeks ago, I whacked it back right after I snapped the photo... :(

Thumbnail by AuntB
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Beautiful AuntB! But for those of you who have to whack your vines back I just do not know how you do it!! I have the worst time cutting anything back.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Marie that passion flowqer pod i got from you some of the seeds are comeing up . do you know any thing about a Mexican passion flower? Regards Paul

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.