Pics of your passies, please?

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

this is the NBC... who lives in with my virgins bower... [ TV ] both liked the shade transition this year also... usually everything gets a bit crispy the first week or two outside.. last year I was wondering is either would survive.. and this year they didn't miss a beat.. Gordon

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Port Saint Lucie, FL(Zone 9b)

MArk, SO far I a interested in the society. They mailed me two of their old newsletters and although a lot that is in there is foreign to me, I did find a cool letter from a fellow passi friend that I totall y related to. They do say with the 1 year membership you can recieve the magazine, I think 2 a year, acccess to their seed bank that has like 30 different types of seeds ( I already searched for pictures on the computer to find out which ones I want) and access to the annual meeting (Butterfly World does it 1 time every 2 years) to get seeds and cuttings galore. So far it sounds worth it.

If anyone has been to a meeting before, let me know, especially at Butterfly WORLD. If we leave with cuttings and stuff, should I go with ziplocks and labels in hand. i really don;t want to look like an idiot when I walk in there.

Flutter

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

My passie took off this year. Will it hurt the siding on the house?

Thumbnail by Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

The last time I was a member (when the society just started up), we went to Fla for our vacation, members are allowed free admittance to butterfly world, Ron Boender gave me literally armloads of cuttings & bags of seeds and then told me about two guys who were growing them in Ft. lauderdale, so we went over there & saw those, too. It was like being in Heaven. Yes, I would take baggies, larger bags, wet paper towels, etc. He also sells the Passifloras in large containers.

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

A closer up picture.

Thumbnail by Buttoneer

Buttoneer,
Hubby thinks if you let it grow so much it may cause trouble later. PAssis need the sun to grow so the suckers may go under the siding but can';t grow too much. However, if you ever remove the plant, it may pull off your siding. I think it looks dool though.Flutter

Dover, NJ

Yes, I think those tendrils will eventually work their way underneath the siding, and guide the growing tips there. Its probably better to drape the growing tips down and around the trellis after they reach the top. Use some yarn to tie em down if they're ornery about it.

My Blue Eyed Susan surprised me with a bloom today--I wasn't expecting it until a couple of days from now. Didn't even see it until the afternoon, when our temps were well into the 90s. There was not a cloud in the sky today--I was outside for 5 minutes taking the pic and I came in dripping in sweat!

Mark

Thumbnail by LouisianaMark
Dover, NJ

Here's an Incense bloom from today for comparison. They are both nice!

Mark

Thumbnail by LouisianaMark

Gys and gals,

For you Passi folks, I just started a new thread to see if we can start a passi forum here in DG. Please shout out on that thread if you are interested.

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/751464/

Flutter

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Count me in!!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Me too!!!

Thumbnail by Buttoneer

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.