Pics of your passies, please?

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Thought it would be fun to post our passions - flowers that is.
P.Constance Elliott - so crisp and clean - cept for that bug on the petal.

Thumbnail by AuntB
New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

here's one I just happened to have a pic of...and one or my favs- Lady Margaret.

Thumbnail by TessC
San Diego, CA

ok, here is my first hybrid, Passiflora 'Lady Camille' It is not yet registered.
Mark

Thumbnail by zostropz
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3a)

Passiflora x belotii

Thumbnail by IMCANADIAN
St. Paul, MN(Zone 4b)

My P. incarnata pic...

Thumbnail by ErickMN
NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Ooo Tess, I think Lady M is my very favorite!

Thumbnail by AuntB
NE, KS(Zone 5b)

or Purple Haze..... (?supposed to be the blue est...)

Thumbnail by AuntB
New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Well, AuntB, I'm waiting for Ruby Glow & Crimson Tears to bloom...I think it's just possible that one or the other might know the Lady M down a notch or two...lol...

Nashville, TN(Zone 6b)

I don't remember her name, I'll look it up.
It is in a small hanging basket but is growing way up into the tree where it hangs. Soon all of the pretty little flowers will be to high to see with out a ladder. LOL

Thank you Aunt B for the ID... It is P. Sanguineaolenta
Betty

This message was edited Aug 4, 2006 10:26 AM

Thumbnail by picabo
NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Aw, Betty...what a cute baby girl! Where'd you get it? Tess, I bought Ruby Glow last year and it didn't make it wintering over... :(

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Found it. It is P. Sanguineaolenta - described as "charming". I agree!

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

grrrr... if it dies over the winter having never produced a bloom, I'll be ticked off. It's not growing as quickly as some of the others, but I'm keeping a watchful eye out. How did yours do before the big freeze? We usually do pretty well- I kind of think we've got a zone 9 microclimate in my area.

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Sadly, I never saw a bloom..... It should do fine for you down there. I have to put them in the basement and hope for the best... however, I do keep Lady M upstairs in the dining room.

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Another fatality: just started to flourish with blooms and it was time to bring em' in....pic kinda blurry, should have focused the camera more - P.Sunburst - spotted foliage

Thumbnail by AuntB
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

All are georgeous!! Not sure the name of mine. All teh tags seemed to have disappeared.

Thumbnail by Desertdenial5
Jeffersonville, IN(Zone 6b)

Sold!! That's it!! Next year, I must get a bright red or blue or purple.... they are all so beautiful!!

Nashville, TN(Zone 6b)

You are good AuntB. The little pink is P. Sanguineaolenta I hadn't had a chance to pull out the tag. No fruit yet but if it makes seeds I'll be glad to share.

I got it at a nursery in Jackson TN called Randolphs. A must see for any one in driving distance. http://www.randolphsgreenhouses.com/index.html

This is my Red Passie. Not a very good picture and I don't know the name of it either. It is just now setting buds. I will post some better pics later.

Thumbnail by picabo
NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Oh picabo! Seed would be great! I'll check out Randolphs online today, just to look! I had a red one Piresii, I think maybe that' what yours is..? Do post more.. here's ?Piresii? From Logees.

Thumbnail by AuntB
Dublin, TX(Zone 8a)

Here is my passion vine incarnata picture. I love the reds..............they are to die for!
Belinda :-)

Thumbnail by TexasGardenMom
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Here is my Passiflora foetida another native

Thumbnail by Desertdenial5
New Port Richey, FL(Zone 9b)

Tess C & Aunt B,Does the Lady Margaret have a kinda fuzzy leaf.I think I had a Lady Margaret and it just died I think to nemontophies(sp).It was especilly loved by the Gulf Frit butterflies to lay eggs on.I've never been able to find the name of it.The tag from HD just said passiflora vine.That was the first and only one I've ever seen there since.

Don

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Don, I cannot tell by the picks I have here.... From memory I wouldn't call them fuzzy,.. not smooth and shiny either. I'll look tonight.. I think the Lady has become popular in the last few years.. she is a show stopper.

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

No, I don't think they are shiny...I'll have to double check later, tho. I think AuntB's right, and they're just a flat green.

can you think of any that have a fuzzy like leaf.
Don

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Fuzzy like the ones in my picture?

yes

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9a)

This is my Passion flower, but...I don't know which one it is. I got the vine a bit over a year ago, but I don't recall what it was. Anyone know, so I'll know? LOL

Thumbnail by PiggyPoo
NE, KS(Zone 5b)

I'm going to guess Purple Haze.....

Rock Island, IL(Zone 5b)

That 'Foetida' and username:AuntB - 'Purple Haze' - and that "red one" lol, sure are nice!

My passiflora incarnata came back super strong this year (It didn't show up until June) but check this monster out (plus I learned it sends suckers up everywhere which can be rooted (overwintered indoors), and traded or sold! What a deal... lol

Grown from seed winter 2004-2005:

Dax

Thumbnail by conifers
Rock Island, IL(Zone 5b)

And a close up (Passy incarnata - seed grown)

Dax

Thumbnail by conifers
Rock Island, IL(Zone 5b)

Nice hybrid 'Lady Camille' too - that's tight man. What's the parenting?
Thanks -

Same with 'Lady Margaret' - real nice too.

I've also been rooting passiflora's with about 25% success as softwood cuttings - here's some info (raw cuttings not suckers):
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/636056/

Dax

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thanks AuntB!

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3a)

Dax, I love your P. incarnata x. I would guess it had a little pollen from someone else. I think its mama looks like this. What do you think? Joelle

Thumbnail by IMCANADIAN
New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Got my first Inspiration bloom today...

Thumbnail by TessC
NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Oh how pretty. I love them ALL! Don, Lady M is not fuzzy like Marieortiz's foetida.. I do like that one, too. I'm still waiting for 2 to bloom. Lavendar Lady(I call it Cousin It, from the Addam's Family) showed me one bloom a couple weeks ago. It is stretching out 10-15 feet from the plant on my deck lattice.... soon I hope it is covered with blooms. The other stubborn one is on my arbor, vines going everywhere but no blooms..... (so hard to be patient). Keep em' coming, guys!

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

PIggypoo I love that purple. Another one that I need!!!

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9a)

I'd share if i knew how, marieortiz :(

you have dmail

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Yeah I have no clue on how to share passiflora either. :o(

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Ditto...although I have a passiflora book on order, due in by early next week- I'll be sure to share the info once I get it.

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Sounds good, TessC. LOL Hope I have some vine left by next week

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.