Post-Op Bariatric Proceedure III

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

Thank you Kathy. Good luck to you on the 18th. We'll be praying for you. When it's time for your lap-band let me know?

Here you see my current photo just taken a little while ago. I weigh 274 lbs. I see me everyday so I don't see much of a difference but then, now that I'm looking, my butt does look smaller. I don't know how to do the comparison photos? Ya know the side by side comparison. If someone knows how to do it, please do?

OK Carrie. You Asked For It ????

Thumbnail by Tplant
Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

Here ya go :)

Awesome progress!

Janis

Thumbnail by Woofens

Thanks Woofens! Appreciate your help. Don't know how to compare photos....

Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

No problem Tplant! Took me about 3 minutes in Paint Shop Pro. Do it all the time :)

Janis

From here on you will be my official picture fixer-upper!!

Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

LOL Thanks :)

If you want to, Dail me the new pics as you take them, and I'll put them together for ya... or I could give you my email address so the copyright isn't all over the place :)

Janis

Elizabethton (Stoney, TN(Zone 6b)

tplant - this was you 2 months ago. http://davesgarden.com/forums/fp.php?pid=2263556

Good job !!!

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

It's amazing the difference in the neck and chin from two months ago...and of course the main picture in now just blows you away.

When you see yourself everyday it doesn't look like much but when one compares photos as you all have done? Well there is a difference. Next time my son takes a photo I will have him stand a little more to his right to get a full side profile exactly like the original.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Toldja so, I toldja so. Thank you, Tplant, you're looking mighty fine. Janis, could you officially put all three pix together? Someday I'm gonna learn how to do that.

thanks!

xxxxxx, Carrie

Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

just started doing it LOL hang on a minute

Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

The Amazing Shrinking Man LOL

Thumbnail by Woofens
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

YES, yes, yes! Wowee Kazoweee! Congratulations to you, Tplant. Good work!

xxxxx, Carrie

It's great to see all 3 pix together.
tplant, your weight loss is going GREAT !

Thank you Woofens. Looking at the pictures all togeather really make me feel great and I can see the difference in the few months.

Moon Twp, PA(Zone 6a)

Great job!!! Keep it up!! ~ Suzi :)

I have an appointment with my cardiologist tomorrow. He is the one that suggested my surgery and has not seen me since the operation and heavy weight loss. Can't wait to see his facial expression! Hope I can go off my isorbide and zoloft as they are the last two of the seven daily meds I used to be taking?
Normally I can not walk barefooted because of the pain. I wear a plastic brace on my right foot from below the knee and on down. This helps my arthritis pain and also supports my paralyzed ankle that is just loaded with arthritis due to a bone graft when I was a kid. I had drop foot which is a loss of use of my ankle and used to flop when I walked. The alternative was to wear a heavy metal brace which I did for three years and hated it. The surgery eliminated the brace until my Post Polio Syndrome a few years ago and the onset of arthritis. Thank goodness for the light plastic braces of today. Anyway, I was surprised to walk barefoot today without pain. I always wear slippers which are specilly fitted for me but today I got up and walked to the bathroom and it wasn't until the way back that I noticed I was not wearing them and NOT IN PAIN?? All those years of pain and all I had to do was lose weight to be pain free? If I only knew the side effects of obesity back then things might have been different and I could have avoided heart disease, high blood pressure, clogged arteries, arthritis, heart attack, stomach ulcers, sleepless nights, onset of post polio, stress, all kinds of pain and eventually diabetes to name a few.

Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

Once again congratulations on your road back to health! Isn't it fun to see people's faces when they see you after so much weight loss?!?
-Kim

Sure is Kim! Especially the ones that have not seen me since my surgery...

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

Tplant check out this website...ugly I know but ohh lordy how the feel on your feet!

http://www.crocs.com/home.jsp

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Hi Tplant....I'm finally here. What a journey you have been on. You are an inspiration to all.

araness, about the crocs....you really like them? My feet perspire like crazy and these look like they would make matters worse. Do you wear them with socks? I know, very uncouth...... Are they plastic that don't breathe? Help me out here.

Thanks.

Tplant, you are going to get soooo much better that you are going to be "The Man" with our Galloping Gardeners group......RIGHT?

I certainly hope so.

Hap

araness -- Thank you! I will check them out but I'm concerned about my brace and the shoe.

Happy 1 ---- I hope so too! However I've had a good start...

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

drats forgot about the brace... Hap, nope my feet don't perspire in them and I don't wear socks...lol they aren't the most attractive shoes to start with but socks would put me in the geek catagory without fail...They have several vent holes to allow air to flow and are no worse than wearing Merrells, Mephisto's or any other shoes that are better for your feet. Wal-Mart carries a knock off brand for next to nothing that I guess you could try so see how they work and then buy the well made ones.

Saint

I bought a pair of Crocs in May, and LOVE them.

My feet do sweat in them, but then they cool off quickly.
You can wear them on the sand, in the ocean, in the yard, everywhere. They are so comfy.

I tried on several Crocs-wanna-bes and they did not feel good at all, so bought the real thing. What a treat to wear them!!!

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Tplant-- I am wishing you a great doctors visit with your cardiologist.

Indeed I did have a great visit! He was surprised to see me so much thinner! After my surgery in March I called his office and told the receptionist to tell him that I had the surgery but they never did so you know he was surprised. My blood pressure was 120/65 and that he also liked. He liked it so well that I am being weaned off my two remaining meds of zoloft and isorbide by taking only 1/2 doses for now. I would say things went very well.....

Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

Awesome news Tplant:)

WTG!

We are ALL proud of you

Hugs
Janis

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh T, be ever so careful weaning off the zoloft... When you're able to feel everything, some pretty strong feelings come to the surface! (been there, done that.)

xxxxx, Carrie

Tplant
So glad for your excellent appointment. Way to go! :-)

Moon Twp, PA(Zone 6a)

YAY!!! So excited for you TPlant!!! ~ Suzi :)

Way to go, T !!!

Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

Great news Tplant!!!

Today's weigh-in says 272 down two more lbs and a little ahead of schedule. Fine by me. Seemed to have a little pain set back the other day. We have had a solid week of rainy, humid weather and it seemed to bother my arthritis in both shoulders, so bad that I had to take a pain pill but only one time and only one pill. Thank goodness I did not throw them away. The pain and joint stiffness was so bad that I could not raise my arms above my shoulders. Better today but still sensitive.
Also this week, my size 48 pants that I purchased a week ago at Wal-Mart for $16 are now baggy? Of course I will wear them as long as I can. My shirt size seems to remain the same at XL. That's OK too! I'd rather lose my gut and butt first and that's the way it seems to be going. Most times I can hardly eat 2 oz of meat than other times I can eat almost a whole steak of one pound. Strange?? Most people that have had this surgery do not tolerate steak too well with the exception of tenderloin filet. Anyway never, ever have any real hunger pangs that used to torment me before. Now it is a thing of the past. For some reason I fell behind on my water intake and must get back on schedule. It didn't seem to affect my weight this week but it can show up next week so down the hatch this week. I purchased a protein drink on the internet that contains 23grm of protein and tastes delicious and comes in several flavors. I must have 68grm of protein per day and this plus my Carnation Instant Breakfast(Ocarbs&Osugar) and whatever meat I have keeps me in good health. Also take multiple vitamins and minerals. OK it is now time for a lite lunch.

Good job T plant!

What is the protein drink you are using?

It's called Syntrax Nectar. I purchased it from www.Bodybuilding.com It is very good. Best part is you can buy several different flavors.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

So T, are you going to become a bodybuilder and compete internationally? LOL, LOL, LOL. I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you.

BTW, you continue to amaze me with your accomplishments. I'm sure if you set your mind to it (and if the PPS would cooperate and if you had a 22 y.o. body), you could do it.

xxxx, Carrie

Hi Everyone! Another Friday and that means weigh-in time. The scale says 267lb!! Terrific! Down 4lb over last week and feeling just great. Eating very, very small portions of 2-4oz MEALS three times a day plus a lot of fruit especially melons and drinking lots of fluids. If this works for a 69 year old disabled man that can not excersise can you imagine how it would work for a normal person? This is the answer to all my prayers and to me a heaven on earth. I can't recall having this feeling of well being without the use of medications. Have you noticed all the TV coverage on bariatric surgery lately? If you have the Discovery Health channel do tune in. Have a doctor appointment in a little while and I will tell you about it when I return this afternoon. WHOOPPEEEE!!!

GREAT JOB T Plant!

Because I'm right on my goal the doctor did not need to make an adjustment and said I am doing very well and better than most patients and that includes the gastric by-pass group that is much more involved than mine and can not be reversed if necessary. My lap-band is a far simpler proceedure and takes only one hour of surgery in most cases and can be reversed. My next appointment is Aug 22 @ 1:15pm. To stay on track I need to lose 8lbs by then and should be 259. Big difference from 325 back in November 05! Actually I was as big as 329 in September of that year. I was concerned about my loose skin before but it doesn't seem to be a problem as it is shrinking and my doctor said that it would lose it's elastisity and it has and that is a good thing because my insurance does not cover plastic surgery for that purpose.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.