What's blooming?

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

And it's macro is: "Macro close-up: 4.7 to 27.6 inches " Yeah, that's what I'm talking about!!! Love macro shots like the one you posted above.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Yes it is very easy to use.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

This pretty one is blooming at my house ( along with some other more traditional colors) - 2nd, rather late, bloom of the winter.

Thumbnail by fancyvan
Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Beautiful, Carol!
:) Donna

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Nan,
That price I quoted above for Donna's camera is the "online' price...my local store had it higher...just an FYI. Also you can order online and have it shipped to your local store free, I believe.
Chantell

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

fancyvan - yours is pretty too...just love those colors!!! How about "what's blooming outside" ???

Thumbnail by Chantell
Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Oh sure, Chantell!! Rub it in, rub it in....lol. Very pretty!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Donna,
oops....I'm sorry....but look at it this way...YOU'VE got the camera!
Hugs,
Chantell

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Attack of the white flowers...lol. See what you did, Chantelll!
;) Donna

Thumbnail by PerennialGirl
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ok Donna...I see your point...boy do I see your point. How long till ya'll get spring?

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Who knows now...lol.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Oh Donna...I'm sorry! When I get your camera....here in a few weeks...I'll take lots of pics for you!! You have to admit though...and I only know from pictures - Canada is beautiful country!!

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Hey you can't have my camera! I'm keeping it!! Yes, Canada is a beautiful country. We even have a desert here in Manitoba.
;p Donna

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Alrighty then....you know I meant MY camera...via YOUR suggestion...ha!!!

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

lol @ you girls....
I looked at cameras at WM this weekend (not much of a plant selection!) and they had a Kodak really similar to yours, Donna....but one of the numbers in there was different....can't remember which one?! lol!
It was a Z740 or Z700 or something to that effect.....4 MP and it was $199 and some odd cents....I decided to wait and see, maybe research some more on that one, too.

Layaway would be the only way I could possibly buy it...so I'll probably have to get one at WM.

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

I now have outside bloomage! And this in a location where crocus hasn't bloomed for over five years...

Thumbnail by kbaumle
Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

If you can hold off for a 5 megapixel it does make a difference, Nan.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Wow!! That is so vibrant, KB!

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Me thinks me will, Donna!

Great photo, Kylee....they're beautiful and they look as happy to see you as you are to see them!!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

That is some awesome purple!! Love it, love it!! Nan, I agree w/Donna (not that any asked me...LOL) definately worth it to try for the 5 megs. You never know when it's THE photo...and with 5 megs you can blow them up without losing clarity. Yepeee!

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Glad I've got you girls to give me camera advice.....I will wait/look for the one with the 5 MP then!

Bolivar, TN(Zone 7a)

Just checked into this site. Let me see what I have blooming in the greenhouse: ghostplant, red begonia, pink wave petunia, red kalanchoe, 2 red amaryllis', a beautiful pink bougainvillea (which someone was throwing away and I took in). some kind of red and pink jungle cacti which I don't know the names of, and a plant that I only know as an airplant plant. The man who gave it to me didn't know the name of it either. I have had it since the late 80's. Chantell, will send you a piece of it when I send the rest.

Also have a crown of thorns which is sparsely blooming and several other plants which I do not know the names of. Have a Nun's Orchid which we bought in Jackson, AL last May after it had already bloomed. Am anxious to see what it looks like. Of yes, a poinsettia from 2 Christmas' ago.

Wish everyone of you could have a greenhouse. It is one of life's small pleasures to walk into one in the dead of winter and see things growing and blooming.

Outside I have pink and purple Dutch hyacinths, 5 or 6 different daffodils, forsythia, and japanese kerria, plum trees (wild and domestic) wild huckleberries, wild cherry trees, sassafrass trees, violets and I hope, a crabapple. Azalea will not be far behind. Water lilies are coming up in the pond and the bullfrogs have already staked out their territory around the edge. (3 large ones and several small ones).

Hope everyone of you enjoy a great spring.

Liz

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

I bought an Abutilon 'Ruffles' from Logee's last November and for the first time, it's BLOOMING! I think the Abutilons are my favorite houseplant.

With the flash...

Thumbnail by kbaumle
Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Without the flash...

Thumbnail by kbaumle
SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Oh, Liz....I wish I could have a greenhouse, too!! (sigh.....dream on!)

Kylee.....those are incredible!!
You're doing really well with those Abutilons!

Here's a really crappy photo....but a Stapeliad (tag's somewhere...maybe Orbeanthus) bloomed last week....and that Passiflora I posted a photo of above has another bud!!

Chantell...somehow I missed seeing those photos of yours! Lots o' blooms at your house these days.
I'm awaiting my Hoya bella's blooms! (No sign of any yet.)

This message was edited Mar 21, 2006 4:40 PM

Thumbnail by Nan
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Liz,
That makes 2 of us (Nan and I). Dear Santa, All I want for Christmas is a Greenhouse!!! :) I'm so jealous....I can see all your prettys in my head...wow!!!
Re: "some kind of red and pink jungle cacti which I don't know the names of, and a plant that I only know as an airplant plant. The man who gave it to me didn't know the name of it either. I have had it since the late 80's. Chantell, will send you a piece of it when I send the rest." Yipeeee!!! Can't wait!!!

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Lovely, Kyle! I luv abutilons!! I lost a couple this winter in the house. Cool that you got a neat bloom, Nan!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Hey Donna - how's the weather "up there?" Did it make you feel any better when you saw our forecast for some snow? :)
Snow Hugs!
Chantell

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

I think stapelias are pretty cool. They almost don't look real. I love stuff like that. LOL

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Hey Guys and Gals!
Look what greeted me when I came into work today!! Crazy plant!!! Must have mulitiple personality disorder and thinks it's also an Easter cactus...LOL!!! Work humor...sorry!!

Nan - found a different camera (all Donna's fault she got me going w/HER gorgeous Christmas cactus bloom!) It's about $50 - $100 more but still not as expensive as the digital SLRs ($1,000.00) http://search.hp.netscape.com/hp/boomframe.jsp?query=B+%26+H+photo&page=1&offset=1&result_url=redir%3Fsrc%3Dwebsearch%26requestId%3Da24056cad366f84e%26clickedItemRank%3D1%26userQuery%3DB%2B%2526%2BH%2Bphoto%26clickedItemURN%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.bhphotovideo.com%252F%26invocationType%3D-%26fromPage%3DHPPavTop%26amp%3BampTest%3D1&remove_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bhphotovideo.com%2F Did a comparision - I like both macro as well as sports photography so I needed something that has a few particulars. This is also an exceptional site for cameras etc.

This message was edited Mar 27, 2006 10:37 PM

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ok...I need "Computers for Dummies" tonight. Not sure that, that link is working - search for B & H photo, click on digital cameras, then point and shoot, then highlight Canon AND 5mp - it's the Canon PowerShot S2 IS

And here's the pic that "SHOULD'VE" been attached to my previous post. :)

Thumbnail by Chantell
SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Now that's floriferous!!

A nice way to be greeted at work!

Thanks for the camera info....but guess what....I got a lead-line on a camera like Donna's....and I don't have to lay it away....I should have it in a couple of days, now if only I can figure out how to use it!!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Nan,
I am soooo jealous!!! **BIG pout** Ok...ya'll take all the good pics...I gotta wait until May...only 2 months...I can do it!!! :)
Chantell

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Yes..you can!!
I was 'playing' with the same model camera Donna has at WM this weekend, and I decided *I have to have one*!!! lol!!

I was figuring I'd have to lay it away and wait a few months, but I get to charge it on my company's open account...so I still have to pay...just not right now!!

Thing is ......I'll probably *still* take crappy photos....I have *no* photography skills! lol!
Hopefully the camera will make up for my lack of skills.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Stop that Nan...anyone can take decent pics w/a good camera...just keep your fingers out of the way - remember to focus on the subject - and if you're taking a vertical shot make sure that if the flash is not in the center of the camera you have it at the TOP not the bottom. See that's it!!!

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Hey, and I actually *knew* all that, Chantell.....maybe I have promise, after all!!

We'll soon see.....I'm so excited!
I figure it's a good investment....an item not just for me but for the family.

Back to blooming....was watering plants Sunday night and smelled Hoya lacunosa!
1 umbel blooming away...and Hoya pachyclada has buds!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

See told you re photos!!! Must be nice re the Hoyas...Bella's the only one who blesses me...waiting to see if the other's will be nice since I quit giving them "trims" - LOL

Seguin, TX(Zone 8b)

Hello all....just wanted to share with you all a pic of my orchid that's now blooming...first time since I got it as a $10 clearance plant at lowes I think 2-3 years ago. It must be happy with the TX move! All the buds are open now, I need to get another pic.

Kim

orchid bloom: http://community.webshots.com/photo/171170481/2279172090044472573AdctIh

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Kim, that's gorgeous! (I love purple!)

I think you just got your money back....that's definitely worth 10 bucks!

Did you say buds, as in plural? lol!
(I'm usually lucky if I get one!)

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Kim, I checked out your webshots. Wow!! Gorgeous plants! There is a couple I have my eyes on....lol.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.