Daily Weather, January 2006, New Year, New Start!

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Yep......we had rain in January (unheard of too) but THUNDER???

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

42.8°, 50%, Breezy

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Winter thunderstorms are scary. I remember 14 years ago when I was pregnant with my youngest daughter and I had a big waterbed that weight 1 ton (frame and water)
Woke up from a rumbling I never heard before and the bed jumping across the room.
I actually thought the world had come to an end, But it was the lightnings striking the house time and again.
That is one thing in this life I never will forget
Janett

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Looks like I (and everybody else here) might be experiencing our very first ever February one Janett. We dismantled and replaced our waterbed so am grateful we won't quite have your experience.

However if our house starts jumping like that I'm heading outside. :S

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Hey I am glad that I had that heavy waterbed, Can you imagine how a normal bed would have jumped around in the room weighing much less. I think I would have felt like I was in the movie the Exorcist then

Nice today. 48degrees Sunny, no rain. We did get 2.4 inches over the weekend. Glad it was rain- snow would have been around 24 inches! Just heard on the weather that the next 2 weeks are going to be much colder- some of that Canadian weather heading down our way! Greetings from SouthEastern Iowa, USA

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Old tale is "If it thunders while it's snowing, it'll snow again in two weeks." or something like that.
I never know where I'll be so I pack a swim suit and some fleece sweaters, long johns and flipflops. Occasionally I turn to thrift stores for emergency weather changes.
I got my certification to teach the OSHA 10 and 30 hr courses for construction last week. I will be applying for safety jobs with Boilermaker contractors.
(Whispering) It's 57º and clear out.
I think Phil will stay in his hole because it's too dern hot above ground to breathe with that fur coat on.
Sidney

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

I'll take the snow sugarweed! Ü

Janett our house is 90 some years old, made of brick, and 3 stories......if it starts dancing I'm not sure the mortar/plaster walls etc. wiil stay intact. :S

edited to say we live in a small town......it doesn't have anywhere near the value it would in a large city.

This message was edited Jan 31, 2006 7:07 PM

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

The house was a wood house two floors with 4 large 3-bedroom apartments and two smaller with 2-bedroom aparments. And sure I was glad that it was newer house because otherwise it wouldnt have had lightning protections.
The lightning struck smack down in the roof of the house several times.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Wow... that would have been terrifying!

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Hi 65, lo 34, dp 28, pc, e 10, gust sse 28. Breezy, sunny day. Sorta boring.

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

I have never been afraid of lightning but that one scared me, there must be tremendous power in those winterlighnings. I am always the "nutty" one when it come to lightning. I can watch for hours and its a spectacular show when the lightning strikes, but I hope I never experience a winterone again

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I love watching lightning, too. From inside the house or a car, with rubber soled shoes on, etc. :-)

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Its not the rubber that make you safe. its the steel cage.
Google : Faradays cage then you see why cars is safe and trailers (fiberglass) and bicycles not. you can even be safe from lightning in a chicken cage as long as the floor is covered with the chicken net too

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

ewww... I've been in chicken coops and they're stinky. I'll keep it in mind if I am stuck out in the open during a thunderstorm and the only shelter nearby is in with the poultry. LOL

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

rotflol yupp better stinky and safe then dead and smelling roses.
Have you done the trick with a radio thats on an tried to get it to sound while in a chicken cage. doesnt work. thats why you have radio antennas on a car :0))
Saying nighty night now its 3 am here and I am getting a weee bit sleepy.
Janett

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

nighty night and the family will head to the car if'n it gets that close to us. ;)

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Pleasant temps all day - trace of rain - the weatherman says we have had less than .01 inch for January. Can't hardly believe that. This evening the temps dropped to 37 degrees, stiff winds, raw and cold.

If it stays like this, our Pa. groundhog will stay snug in his burrow and he won't see his shadow.

Can't believe the warm weather in the middle states, Nebraksa seems warm and beautiful.

Tayson - when you wake up tomorrow - I certainly love the picture with that beautiful blue sky. It's so nice to share your corner of the world.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

New thread tomorrow???
We never got a drop of that promised moisture.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

We got all of 2.13 inches of rain in January. I sure hope we get more in February! It is supposed to rain most of today, so we are starting out well. :-)

Current conditions:
Overcast 60°F (16°C)
Humidity: 90 %
Wind Speed: E 6 MPH
Barometer: 29.85" (1011.2 mb)
Dewpoint: 57°F (14°C)

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

You start one, Blooms!

I've been trying all morning, but with DG proublems it won't go thru.
I really don't care if you want someone else to do it though.
Sidney

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

February, 2006 WEATHER.

70 degrees and light rain. Wind SE.

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Sugarweed-Sidney pettypretty pleaaaaase start a new one, we want it to be you who does it.

Sunny warm day here today and yet again no wind :0))
Janett

Here we go all. come this way http://davesgarden.com/place/t/573137/ and let us know how your weather is.
I couldn't get it to upload my winter landscape, guess the site has spring fever too.
Sidney

This message was edited Feb 1, 2006 5:30 PM

This message was edited Feb 1, 2006 5:33 PM

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Your link didn't work, Sidney. Please try again. :-)
~ Marylyn

This is it; http://davesgarden.com/place/t/573137/ and I fixed the one above too.
Sidney

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.