Daily Weather, January 2006, New Year, New Start!

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

lloks warm on paper, 61 degrees, but cold and windy! there is a big ? on the forecast for Monday, as to whether it might actually rain somewhere within 300 miles of here LOL

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Moose Jaw Weather
at: 4:00 pm CST

Currently:
47° F
Sunny
Low: 27° F

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Low 33 Hi 48 lots of wide open sunny skies. minor amount of gardening accomplished. But it was outside and in the sun. ;-)

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Cool for here, but very clear.

Updated: 1:51 PM PST on January 15, 2006
Observed At: Van Nuys, California
57 °F / 14 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 32%
Dew Point: 27 °F / -3 °C
Wind: 17 mph / 28 km/h from the NNW
Wind Gust: 22 mph / 35 km/h

Thumbnail by Kelli
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

-3°C
Overcast/was Raining/now Snowing

FEELS LIKE -9°C
WIND SE 19 km/h
GUSTS
RELATIVE HUMIDITY 93%
DEWPOINT -4°C
PRESSURE 101.25 kPa
VISIBILITY 19 km
CEILING 22000 ft

Kelli I'm going to move in with some relatives in your neck of the coast. That's gorgeous!!!!!
Here's why......

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Boston, Temp 16F, Wind NW 23, Dew Point 4, Wind chill -3. Cloudy w/ snow flurries.
BRRRRrrrrrr
Andy P

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Boston, Temp 16F, Wind NW 23, Dew Point 4, Wind chill -3. Cloudy w/ snow flurries.
BRRRRrrrrrr
Andy P

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

42.1°, 46% I think we should all "camp-out" in Kelli's yard next winter (or Sidney's)

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Boston, 6PM
Temp 16F, Wind NW 23, Wind chill -4
Cloudy with snow flurries.
BRRrrrr
Andy P

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Boston, 6PM
Temp 16F, Wind NW 23, Wind chill -4
BRRrrrr
Andy P

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Boston 6PM
Temp 16F, wind 23 NNW, wind chill -4.
Brrrrr
Andy P

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Boston 6PM
Temp 16F, wind 23 NNW, wind chill -4.
Brrrrr
Andy P

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

40.8°, 49% and I think we all need to "camp out" in Kelli's (or Sidney's) front yard next winter!

You all can move into the house behind us, if you promise not to play the t.v. outside (or with the back door open) like the current owners do.

You all can move into the house behind us, if you promise not to play the t.v. outside (or with the back door open) like the current owners do.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Kelli - what is a tv?

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

30° right now wind chill 19. Clear and a beautiful full moon in the sky. Sure hope the people all got their electric back on from last night's windstorms. It was a wild and wooley night.

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

How can the weather forecaster stand there and lie day out and day in. Yepp.......... the sun was shining this weekend WITH ITS ABSENCE.
Why is it that they never have equally wrong when they say it is gonna be FREEZING and cloudy all the way down to the ground.
Wouldn't it be a nice surprise if you woke up after such a forecast and see that it was HOT and sunny and spring was here.
Soon going to get into bed and refuse to get up if the sun doesn't start shining soon.
Hugs to all of you and hope you have better weather then I do...........from a somewhat miffed Swede that need spring BADLY
Janett

Savannah, MO(Zone 5b)

tayson80 Sorry about the yucky weather Janett but if it's any consolation we aren't having a spring like day here either.Lately it's been spring like here in the middle of the midwest. Yesterday in the 60's,sunny ,and nice but today it's in the mid 30's,windy ,cloudy, and looks like it could snow! Grab yourself a good garden magazine, turn on a bright light, and bake up some goody's and before you know it the weather will improve! I'm ready for spring too.......

cuckoo

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Well Janett, come on over and visit.
Our weathercasters just pray for bad weather, so yes we do get bad day forecast often when they aren't needed.
So far we haven't had a hard freeze this year. I came from where Tamara Faye lives. An october visit back with that cold blistery Texas plains wind reminded me of my most dear Grand mother's words; "The only other place in the world I would rather live is Florida. I could grow pretty flowers year round."
I moved here to do just that.
My Brugmansias are all putting on new buds.
My Tomatos is pumping out buds and setting new fruit.
I'm thinking about feeding both.
65.7 °F / 18.7 °C 39 °F / 4 °C 38% Calm 5:40 PM EST
A low of 33º is expected tomorrow night, then back to the same 45/65 high/low average routine. I love it.
Sidney

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

20 in the morning. enjoy your garden sugar! and go look in the new poultry thread to see my guineas...

brrrrrr, here!

tf

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

Currently:
30° (Wind Chill 24°) Dewpoint: 19° Wind: Vbl 5 MPH
Humidity: 64% Pressure: 30.08 in Hg

Average: High 49° Low 23°
Record: High 75° (1950) Low 4° (1978)

Today's Sunrise: 7:54AM
Today's Sunset: 5:57PM (10:03 hours of sunlight)

Current conditions data read at Mon 10:51PM CST from Hutchinson County Airport (the nearest weather reporting station).

they promised us snow today, didn't happen. that humidity is sure nice! gonna go build a nice warm fire in the wood stove, AH! been avoiding that with this dry atmosphere... but OH, the wind :-(

tf

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

-9°C
A few clouds

FEELS LIKE -16°C
WIND W 19 km/h
GUSTS
RELATIVE HUMIDITY 79%
DEWPOINT -12°C
PRESSURE 101.69 kPa
VISIBILITY 24 km
CEILING unlimited

Winter is back (for a very short while).
and this little guy is very happy!

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Weather forecast for the rest of the week.
First a couple of freezing you butt off days at 23 degrees F, with NO hope of even seeing the daylight. "Cloudy" read FOGGY all the way to the groundlevel. (outdoor advice) take your knife with you as you have to cut the darn fog too see where you are going.
For the weekend..................hmmmmmmm even MORE foggy and wet since they claim its going to be around 39 F and heavy rain...............yeah right.
Knowing how they forecast the weather it probably will be freezing temps and snowstorm.

sugarweed, your offer is sooooooooooooooo tempting. If I could, I would sit on the next flight out of here.
Hugs and stay warm..........or at least try.
Janett

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

that is one well camoflauged hare!

They're calling for a high of 70F today, but I'm ready again to trade some warmth for some rain.

Updated: 9:51 AM PST on January 17, 2006
Observed At: Van Nuys, California
56 °F / 13 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 26%
Dew Point: 21 °F / -6 °C
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 30.33 in / 1027 hPa (Rising)

Thumbnail by Kelli
Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

We are finally above freezing. Yesterdays morning low was 9F with wind chill -12. This morning low was 12 and it is now 37F and light variable winds. Lots of sun, much better.
Tomorrow is predicted to be very stormy again. High wind warning with heavy rain and temps up to 50F, possible thunder. Central MA has a flood watch out for mid-day.
Just another roller coaster weather pattern.
I have a feeling that we are due for a blizzard in the first 2 weeks of February, just a feeling. We have been averaging 1 or 2 big storms per week for a long time. All we need is colder weather. Time will tell.
Andy P

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

We finally got some rain yesterday! Yayyy! :-) We could use a lot more, but we are very grateful for what we got. :-) There is another chance of rain on Friday.

Fair and Breezy
56°F (13°C)
Humidity: 28 %
Wind Speed: NW 24 G 33 MPH
Barometer: 30.05" (1018.1 mb)
Dewpoint: 23°F (-5°C)

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

does brief sleet count? it didn't even last long enough to land or freeze anything...

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

We are under a flood watch with 1-2" of rain forecast for tonight into tomorrow night. The temperature climbed to 35 degrees this evening so I guess it will not freeze that much, probably just the overpasses and the off/on ramps onto the superhighways.

Andy P - looks like your area is scheduled for yet more snow and freezing drizzle tomorrow.

Stay warm all.

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Se eds, I'm down in the south east corner of MA, near Cape Cod.
Heavy rain around lunch time with south winds to 45MPH, Cape Cod with winds to 70mph.
Same storm as yours, just a little more wound up with the ocean influence.
Should be interesting.
We have had an unusual number of strong storms for a long time. Sooner or later there will be a whopper to break the cycle. (My 2 cents)
Andy P

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

I was right.................and not happy about it.
Its snowing. Keeping my fingers crossed that the wind doesnt pick up also.
Oh how I long for teh spring.................hurrry
Janett

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Temp 59F, wind south at 35 gusting to 60 MPH.
Heavy rain just starting and is expected to last about 6 hours.
Numerous reports of trees down and power outages.
I can hear frequent emergency vehicle sirens.
The lights are flickering.
Exciting
Also, see my post in this forum under the WIND thread.
Andy P

PS Did you know that it was Benjamin Franklins' 300th birthday yesterday?

This message was edited Jan 18, 2006 1:35 PM

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

We're having mundane mid twenties for low and high 40s for highs. Today we got all the way to 52*.

Lilypon, took me two tries but I found him. The street scenes look just like my hometown back in upstate NY, snowy, slushy and slippery.
And Kelli, looking at that scene made me almost ready to run our to 'Spin's for a spell. If I do come for February it'll surely rain. like, I bring it.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Seems from most people's reports (on both sides of the border) that this is truly a strange winter. For us to have "snowy, slushy and slippery streets" at this time of year, due to rain, is unheard of.

Tamara has eyes like my DH.....he too spotted him very quickly. I'm more like you Blooms it takes someone pointing them out for me to see them (mind you prior to this snowfall even I could eyeball them easily;).

He showed up a little more clearly here....

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

I watched the 'Wolf' moon rising, watery, in the east
And silently thanked my husband for our warm abode
For all outside tonight, exposed, will freeze.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

33.4°, 71% - yes it's cold

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

It took me a while to see the hare. I did think I saw a monkey, though...

It's 66° right now and will be 77° and windy again tomorrow. There is only a 20% chance of rain on Friday now... I sure hope we get some!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.