Daily Weather, January 2006, New Year, New Start!

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

i see some heavy rains up in SE Idaho, maybe it will swing down this way?

recording rainfall has been TOO easy this year.

Currently:
73° Dewpoint: 1° Wind: SW 17 MPH
Humidity: 6% Pressure: 29.70 in Hg

Average: High 49° Low 23°
Record: High 72° (1963) Low 2° (1979)

Today's Sunrise: 7:56AM
Today's Sunset: 5:48PM (09:52 hours of sunlight)

Current conditions data read at Sat 5:51PM CST from Hutchinson County Airport (the nearest weather reporting station).

no sign of much change in the weather here, which is a bit unusual, and just doesn't set right with me. me thinks an unforecasted change is on the way!

tf

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Anza, Kelly... meant to say.

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

It was 33° this morning at 7:15.Out in the open the yards were covered in frost, so maybe my plants survived that were shielded by the trees. No freeze, yipee!!

Here comes the sun.....watching the frost disappear as the sun touches it.
Pati

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Well, it didn't freeze here last night either. Yipee!!!
Yesterday I picked half dozen ripe dime sized tomatoes off a five foot bush that is loaded. They are an heirloom variety I got at an herb farm with some north Florida DG'ers. I put one ripe one aside for seed.
52 °F / 11 °C 69% 30.31 in / 1026 hPa Sunny at 8 mph / 13 km/h 10:55 AM EST according to WU. The low here was in the mid 30s.
Blooms I pray you have some rain too. The dessert in bloom is amazing. I saw one occasionally when I lived in El Paso for 10 years. I also got to spend 2 years in the Albquerque area.
Kelli I never know what to pray for when it comes to all of you in California. It seems it's either mudslides or drought. I pray you too get just the rain you need.
Sidney

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

"I never know what to pray for when it comes to all of you in California. It seems it's either mudslides or drought."

It's a big state. The northern half has had too much rain. The southern half has not had all that much.

Updated: 9:51 AM PST on January 08, 2006
Observed At: Van Nuys, California
64 °F / 18 °C
Clear
Humidity: 35%
Dew Point: 36 °F / 2 °C
Wind: 9 mph / 15 km/h from the NNW

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

well, the fires have hit us now. there is one "under control" less than 2 miles east of us. nothing but barbed wire fence, mesquite covered ranch land, and two two-lane roads between it and us!!! Thank goodness for a mild wind from the OPPOSITE direction, though that puts more houses [which are very remote] in danger on the east side of the fire...

Currently:
70° Dewpoint: 3° Wind: W 13 MPH
Humidity: 7% Pressure: 29.83 in Hg

Record: High 72° (1963) Low -1° (1977)

Today's Sunset: 5:49PM (09:53 hours of sunlight)

Current conditions data read at Sun 2:51PM CST from Hutchinson County Airport (the nearest weather reporting station).

WE NEED RAIN, BUT NOT TOO MUCH!!!

tf

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

TF, Those dew points are like the Sahara!

Our day started with a dusting of snow. Low in mid 20s. The winds picked up a bit around 1 PM and cleared it all out. So I snapped this.
Now calm, 32F.
Andy P

Thumbnail by Sarahskeeper
Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Marilyn.............just come over and peak out the windows as much as you like.
The temp wanders from 14 F to 30 F. We haven't been getting any more snow (thank God) but we haven't got much sun either.
Janett

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

yes Andy, and this dryness has been really bad for my hands, and everyone's breathing. so glad it hasn't been cold on top of that!

fire is out i think!

tf

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

LOOK we got sunshine today........whohoooooooooo
The small white blurr in the middle of the sky is the moon. Temp is around 20 F.
Janett

Thumbnail by Janett_D
Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

yahoo! you must have gotten our sunshine, it is so overcast, and there was not even a sunrise...

Hey, guess what? Windy again.

A Wind Advisory remains in effect until 2 PM PST this afternoon.

North to northeast winds of 25 to 35 with occasional
gusts to 45 mph will continue through early this afternoon. Favorable
areas for the strongest winds include the Newhall pass... northern
San Fernando Valley... Simi Valley... and the Highway 126 corridor.

A Wind Advisory means that winds of 30 mph or greater are expected.
Winds this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Again the day started overcast with temps in mid 20s. Things cleared up by 11 AM to give us a spectacular afternoon. Temps in high 40s, light winds and azure sky.
It was so nice that Sarah and I went to the big State Park.
Here is a pic. (More in the Photo forum)
Andy P

Thumbnail by Sarahskeeper
Northern, IN

As I said before, beautiful!

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

IT'S SNOWING!!!

It was a forecasted "possibility", but i figured they were just selling ratings again...LOL

you should have heard/seen my kids out in it. Granted, my four year old has never remembered Christmas without snow, and we didn't even get rain for such a long time. He said, "Yes this is a Holiday indeed, it's Christmas now!"

i coudln't get him to stop eating the snow, first of the season is soooo dirty....

realing blwoing in from the North. I put my rain guage back out. Praying for the best moisture, and sending it down south too!

tf

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Send it on down. We need rain desperately.

Whoa I think I here thunder. Hope that means rain. We need a nice slow rain for about 6 months or more to even get the first inch deep of soil wet.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Saw pics on weather channel of snow in Ok and Tx !! for heavens sake that's a sudden drop in temps. Hopefully it will cover enuff area to actually change the humidity level, that would help with the fires.

What little moisture we have had over the past month has sorta beaded up on the surface layer and there's no moisture in the ground. I was in the garden just two days ago and dug down to see.

We're running 20s at night and around 50 in the day. Lots of sun. High pressure keeping the wood smoke [from stoves] in the valley. Kinda like putting a lid on a pot.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
Elevation: 1893 ft / 577 m
[Overcast]
32 °F / 0 °C
Overcast
Windchill: 26 °F / -4 °C
Humidity: 80%
Dew Point: 27 °F / -3 °C
Wind: 7 mph / 11 km/h from the SSE
Pressure: 29.69 in / 1005 hPa

Tuesday Night
Overcast. Low: 19° F / -7° C Wind North 8 mph / 14 km/h

Blooms the weather network is wondering where our *normal* winter disappeared to. ;) Right across Canada we are sharing similar temps. The arctic mass is hovering just above northern Saskatchewan (still mainly in the Northwest Territories). Also those that own snowmobiles are having to head way north (or visit the Dakotas).

The last two winters we really suffered under -54°F temps. The minus 20's are usual but we certainly have swings in either direction.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

A somewhat pleasant 57.0°, slight breeze and way too nice to be confined to the factory today, but I was stuck there anyways.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

That's the way of it Dyson... and when you don't have work you can't afford to go anywere. LOL

All that cold fell down onto Japan I think. They had feet of the stuff. and Artic cold

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Lilypon, my stepson who used to live in Moose Jaw said there was nothing between there and the North Pole but a barbed wire fence. You better check that out....someone may have put up a wall. LOL

Just a little lame early morning humor....really need that cup of coffee.
Pati

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

I'll take the wall instead Pati ;) (but we sure would like some snow).

Blooms I think you've got it right....we are getting Japan's rains and they are getting our cold and snow.

I hope it will pan out to be a normal winter here. I imagine the Atlantic won't cool down a whole lot if we don't. Not good for the Gulf Coast. :(

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

woke up this morning and heard drops falling, tough is was raining.........No its was jut a heatwave (for us) of 40 dgr F that melted the snow on the roof. Its been pretty warm here but the sun doesn't start to shine until tomorrow.
The weather forecast for the next few days are sunny to partially cloudy and around 40 F. Jiippppppeeeeeeeeee.
Janett

this is what I sometimes wake up to. its from my bedroom.

Thumbnail by Janett_D
Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

what a beautiful site, Janett!

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Janett, that's like a painting. I always liked icicles, somehow magical.

We were promised snow showers for tomorrow... not gonna happen. Now they say maybe Sunday. Beats me how they dare predict 3-4 days away when they can't get today right. LOL

Today we have the kinda of clouds that are like a ripple of bridal tulle across the entire sky with the sun bleary eyed thru it. LOL well a poet I'm not.
47* hi and 27* low not bad for mid-winter.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Awesome pic Janett! Ü

-1°C
Currently Overcast. Light snow Ü
and ice fog.

WIND N 4 km/h
GUSTS
RELATIVE HUMIDITY 100%
DEWPOINT -1°C
PRESSURE 99.55 kPa
VISIBILITY 0.6 km
CEILING 200 ft

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Last Update on Jan 11, 1:53 pm CST
Fair 67°F (19°C)
Humidity: 35 %
Wind Speed: Vrbl 6 MPH
Barometer: 30.08" (1019.2 mb)
Dewpoint: 38°F (3°C)

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

It's beautiful here today...I've been doing some late weed mowing.lol.The sun is shinning at last...
Currently:
52° Dewpoint: 36° Wind: S 16 MPH
Humidity: 55% Pressure: 29.81 in Hg

Average: High 33° Low 17°
Record: High 67° (1890) Low -18° (1918)

Updated: 1:51 PM PST on January 11, 2006
68 °F / 20 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 25%
Dew Point: 31 °F / -1 °C
Wind: Calm

Normal (KBUR) 67 °F / 19 °C 42 °F / 5 °C
Record (KBUR) 85 °F / 29 °C (1983) 30 °F / -1 °C (1949)
Yesterday 73 °F / 22 °C 44 °F / 6 °C

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

Currently:
61° Dewpoint: 10° Wind: SE 8 MPH
Humidity: 13% Pressure: 29.76 in Hg

Record: High 79° (1953) Low -8° (1963)

Today's Sunset: 5:52PM (09:56 hours of sunlight)

Current conditions data read at Wed 6:51PM CST from Hutchinson County Airport (the nearest weather reporting station).

Well, it's 56.5 °F / 13.6 °C 56 °F / 13 °C 98% Calm 30.06 in / 1017.8 hPa 8:25 AM EST
Fog chased by sun this morning.
Sidney

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Blooms................ the only thing I like about the winter is the icicles and Christmastime. The rest I can do without.brrr
We have sunny weather for the most, some thin veillike clouds passing by. no wind. above 32F is expected.
Janett

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Well, we have another of our wild blue sky days. It's 47* out already at 10:30 in the morning - must be going to get up in the low 50s today.

Hurrah, I'm gonna go out and start on cutting off last years dead stuff. I leave the old stalks to catch tree leaves and provide a kind of protection during our open winters.

Sidney, I can see the sun in a chariot, racing behind the retreating fog. LOL

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Blooms, I'm on my way out to do yard work too.
This is the calm before the storm, here.
54F with increasing clouds, wind moderate from the SSW.
Lots of wind and rain expected tomorrow.
All the snow is gone and I can get out to do that clean up that I neglected in the Fall.
Andy P

They're calling for rain (60% chance) on Saturday, but it doesn't look like it now.

Updated: 10:51 AM PST on January 13, 2006
68 °F / 20 °C
Clear
Humidity: 31%
Dew Point: 36 °F / 2 °C
Wind: 5 mph / 7 km/h Variable

Normal (KBUR) 67 °F / 19 °C 42 °F / 5 °C
Record (KBUR) 84 °F / 28 °C (1996) 30 °F / -1 °C (1950)
Yesterday 71 °F / 21 °C 44 °F / 6 °C

Sunny sorta, 50.4 °F / 10.2 °C 31 °F / -1 °C 47% West at 10.5 mph / 16.9 km/h 29.80 in / 1009.0 hPa 0.00 in / 0 mm - 10:40 AM EST.
Sidney

Savannah, MO(Zone 5b)

Northwestern Missouri
Heavy frost this morning and everything looks white!
Blue skies, breezy, and unseasonably warm(50's) winter day.
Have a great weekend everyone.

cuckoo

Updated: 10:03 AM PST on January 14, 2006
52 °F / 11 °C
Light Rain Mist
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 50 °F / 10 °C
Wind: 6 mph / 9 km/h from the South

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Kelli, It's warmer in Boston than L A .
Temp 56F dew point 55, rain heavy at times. Wind south at 10 (down from earlier).
Not a pleasant day here.
Sharp cold front expected overnight.
Andy P

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

45½°, 47%, overcast, windy, gonna try and stay inside.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.