Daily Weather, January 2006, New Year, New Start!

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Currently 55°, sunshiney, a beautiful day to work out side pruning grapevines.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

60.4° sunny nice

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

55° and partly sunny nice.

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

se_eds. . .did some of that yesterday. . .fruit tree pruning. Today I attended a class on budding and grafting fruit trees. Very interesting stuff and not hard to do either. Now, got to try it!

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

well, i ha e been off a while.

sorry about the pasisng on of friends and relatives, and the sadness for htose left behind. :-(

we had a little rain the other day, .01". It was pretty exciting. One town got .14", enough to make puddles on the highway [briefly]

John, i have been missing you, glad you are up to being on the computer again! You know, if you don't watch it, you could live to be an hundred ;-)

tf

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

Good morning to everyone. . .it's cold and clear (not really cold by some of you's definition) but warming up quickly.

Temperature: 40.4 °F
Dew Point: 39.1 °F
Humidity: 95%
Wind: - at 2mph
Pressure: 30.26in
Precipitation: 0in/hr

I agree with TF, John it is really nice to see you back again. . .and now if we could just hear from Trois. It's been awhile.

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Storm is coming, it's 69º, cloudy and calm.
Sidney

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Last week we had 1.01" of rain. Yesterday another 1.23". Doesn't end the drought but, sure helps!

Its good to be back. Gonna start some seeds and plan some beds to till with my new Mantis. Really looking forward to the coming growing season. If we dmail Trois maybe we can get him to say sumpin. We have a pretty good group on this thread and me thinks he would add even more.

Right now its 57F, dp 29 with an east wind at 4 mph and severely sunny!

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

You've had 2 inches of rain? If we could only accumulate that much it would be such a help. we've had a third of an inch of water for the whole of January.

There is no moisture in my soil. Last nite the temps reached DP up on the mountains so they got a little dusting. That's the source of our drinking water... and it has to melt into the ground to be of help to us.

There were glaciers on those mountains when the white man came, that's why they are the 'La Sals', they appeared to have salt / white on top.

It's 32* out at eleven this morning
DP 24* Hum 70% Wind at 8mph feels like 28*
Heavy cloudiness over the mountain end of the valley, Sunny blue over the west / north... around here you don't have to wait to see different weather, just turn your head.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Yesterday was cold and rainy, about 1 half inch. We went to an outdoor Concert and Osyter fry. It was fun, but cool.
Today we are running the AC full blast. 84, no wind and no clouds.
Got my lumber for my winter project. It's too hot right now to work. I'm going to put up more trellis to shade part of the house. Planting grape vines soon.
We are 15 inches short on rain, but aside from lakes, no problem. The ground is saturated.
trois

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

""Today we are running the AC full blast"" yikeees. Would never use a contraption like that. To darn happy when its warm the warmer it is the better.
Even on my trips to Thailand I would never have AC going in the room even with average temp on 113 F the whole month I was there. Only a fan to keep the air circling. Warm air that is :0))

Today we had a sunny day and the snow kept drippedidropping from the roof and balcony. Yeaaah

Tomorrow there is chance there will be some clouds forming due to high humidity from all the snow melting, but I do hope to see some sun even if its only an hour.
Janett

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

If we leave the humidity and heat alone, we get mildew in the house. Bad smell.

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

eeeeewwwwww Don't have that problem here so I can understand why you keep the AC going. I AM starting to see some good points of us having these nasty cold winter here, Not many houses get that. Mold or meal dew is just a sickness in newer house, built Badly under the last 20 years of build rush. Some contractors where so eager to make money so the built with fresh wood and did make enough of ventilation in the houses. or they didn't make the concrete dry properly and didn't cover the buildings from the weather.
When I was a child it took about 2-3 years to build an apartment building before people moved in, nowadays it takes about 6 month to make the same building and people are moving in. No wonder the houses have sicknesses.
Janett

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

No rain in the forecast. I don't think it has rained a signifcant amount since January 1.

Updated: 2:51 PM PST on January 29, 2006
Observed At: Van Nuys, California
63 °F / 17 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 56%
Dew Point: 47 °F / 8 °C
Wind: 8 mph / 13 km/h from the SE

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

We have had about 4 inches this month.

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

hi trois. . .good to be hearin from you again. We all have our better posting times and then 'life' happens and we're a little sparse. Has happened to me too, but I really enjoy it when we're posted from all these little corners of the world. Really give me a wider perspective of what others are going through. Tend to get tunnel vision when you're in the midst of something intense.

Keep on post'n, everybody!!! Makes my day.

8-) Janet

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Hi 67, lo 35, dp 30, pc, w2, no rain. Sun-shiney day!

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

66º, rain all day. Need to plant my new goodies from south Florida trip.
These are a few of the Heirlooms that were ripe yesterday.
Sidney

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

OOOHH. . . . Sidney, do those look yummy! Some of our summer babies are just pushing through the potting mix. Hope you enjoy them immensely. The sun is out here, though they keep threatening that we'll have rain. I say, bring it on!

Temperature: 43.4 °F
Dew Point: 41.2 °F
Humidity: 92%
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 30.19in
Precipitation: 0in/hr

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Overnight low, 66. Now 70. Wind, calm. Bright sun.

A strong North wind has just blown in. Still clear, 70 degrees.

This message was edited Jan 30, 2006 11:26 AM

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Hi 40* headed ["they" say] to 51*
Lo this am 28*
Dp 26* Hum 67%

Forecast snow/rain showers in the wee small hours tomorrow morning. Oh I do HOPE SO. any bit of moisture we can get that gets into the ground.

Humidity like 67% just means the sun is drawing what little is left of the moisture from our small patches of snow that survive on the north side of things.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

But you do live in the Desert?

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Didja get that rain blooms?

Hi 61, lo 37, dp 19, clr, n1. Nice day.

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

soon gonna jump in bed but before that....

Had a terrific sunny day in town, 35-36 dgr F and no wind.

The stores just put up all the seeds today so I had a field day. Snow melting all over the place, didnt mind at all stepping in all the puddles and get my feet soaked. I ssoooooooooo hope this weather hold on and the spring come early this year.
Nighty night sleep tight
Janett

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Did we have a beautiful day here or what.
High temp of 50 F
Absolutly no wind
Even went out with the dogs in just jeans and t-shirt 4 times today.

This is the birchtree I posted on the first picture in this tread. its taken from the little hill just to the left in that picture and shows the inlet from the East Sea (Baltic) If this weather keeps up it will soon be all blue :0))
Janett

Thumbnail by Janett_D
Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

We were predicted for an overnight low of 45 degrees. We woke up with light patchy frost. No wind, bright sun, now 57 degrees.
trois

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Last night we climbed up to 45°F (most of the day had been around 32°F)

Moose Jaw Weather
at: 9:00 am CST
Currently:
21°F
sky: cloudy
Cloudy/Windy
High: 30°F
Low: 18°F

The rest of the week is forecasted to be back around 32°F
Beautiful picture Janett I'll be happy to see blue skies here again. Moose Jaw is normally the sunniest location in Canada......not this year. The cloud cover is probably keeping our temps much more moderate.

This message was edited Jan 31, 2006 10:51 AM

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

We are having a close call from a large ocean storm.
A wind and flooding advisory is posted for east facing coastal locations at times of high tide today and tonight.
Conditions here (18 miles inland) are cold and damp.
Light rain/drizzle wind NE 15, temp 39° and slowly falling.
The precip is expected to change to light snow later today.
Some icing has already occurred well inland and north of Boston.
Janett, Glad you have warmed up.
Andy P

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

We have gone from early morning frost to 72 degrees so far. No wind. 80% chance of rain tomorrow.

Very unusual for us, here 16 miles from the Gulf, elevation 34 feet.

Bright sun right now.

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

What does the Elevation 34 feet mean, is it above sealevel or is it something else.
Janett

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Yep... 34 feet above sea level. :-)

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Thanks Marylyn_TX, then I am on elevation 155 feet and not even a mile from it.
Janett

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

And you don't even get huricanes.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Yet. LOL

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Trois........Nopp and its gonna stay that way :0))
Maybe if the polar ice could melt......hmmm do you think I can dive from the balcony then :0))

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

I don't report every day because the days are incredibly the same. Just the amount of wind changes. Today is just mildly windy, at least at this point.

Updated Jan 31 11:45 a.m. PT
Canoga Park, CA (91304)
Sunny 63°F
Feels Like
63°F
UV Index: 4 Moderate
Wind: From E at 11 mph
Humidity: 45%
Pressure: 30.05 in.
Dew Point: 42°F
Visibility: 9.0 miles

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

76 very light wind.

Tomorrow is the 1th of the new month. The last month of winter here, usually.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

My electric bill starts to go down in Feb. Then back up in June!

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

This winter keeps getting weirder......
Wednesday's forecast
Increasing cloudiness. 70 percent chance of flurries late in the morning and in the afternoon. Risk of a thunderstorm late in the day. Wind becoming south 20 km/h late in the morning. High plus 2.
Wednesday night
Cloudy. Wind west 30 km/h. Low minus 1.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

brrr... Risk of a thunderstorm??? Really? How odd...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.