Starting over...I *bought the farm*!

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Looks great,
You forgot the pool and the cute poolguy :)) on the housewarming wishlist.
Janett

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

I had a mickey mouse cut out at the old house and we all know the mouse that did it. With a lot of caulk and paint, I was able to hide the errors (until the electric that used to be in that wall started goofing).

You could put a shelf on there, or use the space to hang small plants or stained glass wind chimes.

Okay, next pic.
Molly
:^)))

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi Molly! I know you are in my corner. :) What would you say if I say I am thinking of painting the kitchen red? I have always wanted to try it and chickened out. My current house, the LR, DR and kitchen are open so I couldn't do anything so daring here. Now the kitchen will be it's own room. I am thinking of stripping the cabinets and whitewashing them or painting them maybe an almond color? All my appliances are black. I am thinking of doing the backsplash in multi color? Well?

Design away Bernie! I do plan to seperate the office/laundry and kitchen area. I had thought of building a folding screen divider and putting pictures of my hems in frames on it. Do you know what I mean? I was going to do that between the LR and DR here, but not sure it would go with the bold kitchen I am considering.

Culpeper, VA(Zone 7a)

Badseed - my last home (a log house) had electric baseboard heating in addition to a heat pump, & believe me when I say that it certainly DID come in very handly on super-cold winter nights or when - heaven forbid - the heat pump required repair.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Ack! Don't even mention any repairs! LOL The water heater is already shot and way to small. It has to go right away. The electric box is also one of the cheapest available and double wired. Those are both on hubby's 'right now' list.

I bet I could not afford you for a week Molly! LOL

Breezy, thank you for backing up hubby (who would love to have a log cabin!).

Down the hall! Three bedrooms on the left. Bathroom and master on the right. Linen closet at the end. And there is that hole in the wall! LOL Hmmm, think it looks like artwork in the hall too? LOL

Thumbnail by Badseed
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

The bedrooms are very small! I can't wait until we can start building on! The kids rooms are all like 10x10. When we are able to do what we want, we will turn the old living room into another bedroom, possibly add a laundry by the bathrooms, closer to the bedrooms. We want to add on a great room and master bedroom and that will get us to 6 bedrooms.

The master bedroom is 12x12 with lots of windows. I just realized I don't have enough drapery for those windows, that match my comforter. Uh-oh! These curtains will have to go!

Thumbnail by Badseed
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

From the other corner, going into the master bath.

Thumbnail by Badseed
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

My bathroom. Neat tile goes all the way to the ceiling, but I am out of the blue phase really much. :( Sorry it is blurry.

Thumbnail by Badseed
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Both bathrooms have been completely remodeled. I thought the floors were wood which scared me. You really have to get down on the floor to realize they are linoleum. LOL

Thumbnail by Badseed
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

The linen closet is about twice the size of what I have now. If it was bigger, I would consider stealing it and adding it to the master closet. LOL I told hubby if we build out just a few feet, he can have a closet next to the bathroom. Otherwise I told him his stuff will be in the barn. :P

Thumbnail by Badseed
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Hall bath, also fully remodelled.

Thumbnail by Badseed
Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Oh what fun to make it like you want! I had a hole like that in my living room and ended up making shelves but really wanted an aquarium.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Shower wall. The color is off. The lighting was bad and I had to adjust but it is actually a cream color.

Thumbnail by Badseed
Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Badseed, glad your Maddie is better. Also happy that you finally have your farm for your 6 little ones to grow up on. Must not be too far from where you are living now as you talk or running there to do things, actually I guess I mean driving. It will be great for you to do all the redecorating for your new home.

Hope winter doesn't come too soon so that you get all your transplanting accomplished. Maybe you will have to buy some straw or hay to use for winter protection for your plants. Keep letting us know what is happening.

DonnaS

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Hiya weeds! An aquarium would be awesome but it's only about 10" deep. :(

The same "wood" floor in this bathroom.

Thumbnail by Badseed
Franklin Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

Badseed, I've been watching your progress through the dream, the offer, closing and now the move to your new home. I feel your pain since we closed on the sale of our Amelia Island, FL house last week (9/15) and expect to close on our new house just outside of Franklin Springs, GA next week (9/23). We aren't moving yet and thankfully was able to leased back our Amelia Island house until spring (because I'm teaching school) but we'll start the remodeling & adding on sunroom now..... working with a builder there while we are doing weekend commutes from 500 miles away......What a time for gas prices to go out the roof!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Thank you Donna! Here lately, I wake to really nice cool mornings and I have to say it is really scaring me! My worst case scenario plan is to bunch the pots together in one cleared area. I'll have really good dirt delivered and rake it up around all the potted plants and sort it out in the spring. Losing my plants terrifies me because that will shoot the whole nursery business right to$*%)!

Okay, random pics out of sequence now.
The living room, through the hole. LOL

Thumbnail by Badseed
Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

The house seems to be in great shape. It looks much bigger from the inside than from the outside. HMMMMMMMMMM whers the guesthouse????.
You have to covert the "barn" for all us DG:ers that will come visit :))
Janett

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

OMG teateacher! Your commute is much worse than mine. I am looking at 50 minutes door to door, but it is like moving to the other side of the world! Congrats on your new purchase. I hope to see pictures soon. :) And welcome to DG!

Wall border from the kitchen. I don't love it but I don't hate it. I think I want the kitchen the color of the apples. I call it cranberry but I want it more toward a cherry color than a rusty red definately!

Thumbnail by Badseed
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

LOL Janett! If you go to my diary, and look very close...one of the buildings is labelled 'manhouse'. I even changed the barn to 'barnhouse' because everything else ended with house. Hubby wants to use that building for an office. I may have my own ideas. :)

The kitchen cabinets are very much not my taste. I want to make them lighter or.....? Structurally they are sound. They are just to dark for me.

Thumbnail by Badseed
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

This is from the front door (hate the orientation) in the living room, looking down the back hall and out the back door (which I see is quite filthy!). The same tile from the kitchen goes right out to the door.

This will be my final picture for now. I have 1/2 the plants dug from around the pond and am going to try to get the other half today. Then I will only have odds and ends left in the back yard!!

Feel free to landscape, redecorate and remodel! :)

Hugs to all of you!
Michele

Thumbnail by Badseed
San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

Chele...Thank you for the tour of your new home! It is much nicer inside than I imagined. Don't worry about how it is decorated, once all eight of you get moved in you won't even see the decoration anymore!! :-)

When I saw the "hole"...I thought it was a mirror...You could always put a picture on one side of it and a mirror on the other and even put up shelves inside of it for storage....hidden storage! For the family treasures!

I did notice the "ghosts" in your photos and wondered if they came with the house! Cute "ghosts" anyway!

So happy to hear that Maddie is better and that you got a good nights sleep!

Margie

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

Ohhh. remodeling, what fun! I actually wanted a red kitchen/dining room and chickened out so ended up doing the red in the hallway to the bedrooms. I love color and decorated in a more Tuscan look I guess, (this from the old blue country thing from the 80's) hubby added the archway to the hallway opening, reminds me of yours. I really wanted to enhance the arch with the contrasting colors.

Thumbnail by Calif_Sue

Andf then from the dining room to living room, there used to be this metal railing. A pony wall replaced it but all we had was the half wall and when I wanted to wallpaper or paint the diningroom or living room, it was all one wall so where to stop was the dilima. So hubby added another arch here that now sepearates it just enogh to paint two different colors, caramel in the diningroom, a warm yellow in the living. Also added a wood shelf that gets potted plants, much to his displeasure! Oh and he did the fancy ceiling in the livingroom with sheetrock.

This message was edited Sep 18, 2005 7:37 AM

Thumbnail by Calif_Sue

And we bought this dresser at a closeout furniture sale and converted it to the maser bath sink & vanity when we remodeled that.

Thumbnail by Calif_Sue

In progress

Thumbnail by Calif_Sue

Chele,

I am inspired by your desire for a red kitchen and I have a great idea for that and the border would fit right in if you could show me the kitchen taken with your right elbow near the fridge space.

I'm going to be over in the paint department looking for that cherry color for you. See ya when you get back.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

OMG Sue! Your house is like a combination of what I have and what I just bought and the colors are darn close too! LOL This is so freaky! We busted out walls between the LR and DR and LR and kitchen for an open floor plan. I have 2 half walls finished in cherry type wood for plants too. LOL We built and island to seperate the kitchen and DR. If my house was not such a mess I would show you a picture! The only difference, you have a much nicer floor! You will have to ask Mystic or she can say if she comes along. My houses blended would look a lot like yours (just more messy and dirty!). hahahaha

Oh, Molly! You rock! I'd be glad to see what you have in mind. When are you coming to do it? hahahaha Don't forget to grab Darius on the way up. The gas is on me. giggle giggle giggle Another picture how? Do you think I am a contortionist?? LOL Let me see if you can tell anymore from the online ad and I will send it to you. I don't want to post that because of the address and all. It has a virtual tour. Send me your real email when you see this. :)

Virtual Tour, way cool Chele! I sent email just now.

Thanks, more later

Molly

I have pics of all the remodeling hubby did, master bath, bedroom, kitchen, the floors, we lived on plywood a year in the dining room & kitchen before deciding on the pecan floors, I was ready to faux paint them if it lasted any longer.
Here's part of my old tiny kitchen just getting torn out finally, that's the counter with the stove in it. We had painted the cabinets dark green, a mistake as it made this tiny place even smaller looking.

Thumbnail by Calif_Sue
Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

Hey.. I am with you for the red Kitchen.. (although you know they say red makes you eat more..ack) I have a red Livingroom.. My DH was leary originally but he liked it once it was done.. it really warmed the room up!
You can see a bit of it here...

Thumbnail by Jazzpunkin

Stove & cabinet out, still more to go.

Thumbnail by Calif_Sue

Finsihed kitchen, all except granite done by hubby. He's a keeper, just wish he was more into gardening.
Oh sorry fopr stealing this thread! Just throwing in ideas.
Jazz, LOVE the red! I always believe white walls are an unfinshed canvas waiting for color. My Mom resisted for years, said white was so clean and fresh. Then she finally had her rooms painted although in very soft warm hues and what a difference, like you said, it added so much warmth and made the rooms feel finished, even enhanced the furniture and decorations.

Thumbnail by Calif_Sue
San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

I have a reddish painted hallway and love the color....

Sue...I love the colors and look of your home! You and your hubby did a wonderful job!

Margie

Thumbnail by picturelady

Sue,

I am really proud of you for your perserverance with that old kitchen. I can certainly see it was well worth the wait. Your new kitchen is fabutastic!

Molly

Thanks Molly. Tear out and complete, not counting the floors was 2 months, not bad.
Another view

Thumbnail by Calif_Sue
Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

'chele, I'm sooooo happy for you! How exciting! 7+ acres will be so much fun for ya ;o)

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Thanks for tour of your house..... 7 acres's gonna to be fun.. like me 18 acres but we only cut grass about 6 acres.. That's lot of work but we love here and plenty to plant around.. I am not DONE yet! LOL

Dont be scared to paint red in kitchen.. U have seen my kitchen! I was scared at first but give a try and I love it!!!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Oh my! I love the red and the red Jazz and Margie! Sue, can I please borrow your hubby and well, if you are sending him, can I have your budget too?? LOL

I'm looking forward to it Terry! And thanks!! :)

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Oh, Chele...I can picture your new house in so many ways!

How about putting in stained glass window in that hole? You could either run electric up and have two windows with the lights between them, or have one window if natural light is sufficient to illuminate it (you could even have a tiny light backlight it from up top in the hallway). I think that would be really beautiful. My friend Amy has bought all kinds of neat stained glass pieces, mostly old ones from salvage, on eBay.

You know I love red kitchens...

Before & After #1: http://davesgarden.com/journal/j/si/63592/

Before & After #2: http://davesgarden.com/journal/j/si/63593/

This message was edited Sep 18, 2005 1:53 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.