Starting over...I *bought the farm*!

Bloomingdale, OH(Zone 6a)

It has to be south, if you are facing north, the sun would rise on your right(east) and set on your left(west).

N
W E
S
So if your facing south

S
E W
N

mg

Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

Badseed, congrats on getting the farm, what a dream! I would love to do the same,Best wishes! Jill

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Thank you Jill! I am still surprised! Can't wait until both mortgage payments show up. LOL That oughta be reality enough. :)

mg, I didn't say if I was facing the house or had my back to the house. LOL

Brat!

Fine then, which way is it? And if you stand on your head, does that make it west?

hahaha

mg

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Doesn't matter. If I stood on my head, I would suffocate! LOL

WhatEVER
rofl

mg

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

My husband concludes that the house faces North. :)

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

You to maniacs:) are just to crazy...........................and that is just why i love to chat with you.
janett

PS michelle have you come up with a name yet..Grinning evil

So is the window on the front facing north, or on the back facing south?

You are having way too much fun torturing me today.

I saw your updates in your journal. Wow that's alot of pots and potting. No wonder you're squirrel bait. LOL

mg

Thumbnail by mornin_gayle
waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Thanks for the pics Chele! I don't envy you the move, I don't think I could do it again....ahhh youth!! (at my age, anything under 50 is youthful!)

How about those rolling hampers for each bedroom? Then you have a place for the laundry to and from the laundry room? I love having the washer dryer on the same floor. Don't know why they don't put laundry rooms near the bedrooms, that's where all the laundry is.

And yeah, those curtains gotta go! Don't know why people think it's a good thing to include their "window treatments" when they sell, they are usually hideous. Unless it's so you don't have to go and spend a ransom to replace them. It took me four years to find drapes long enough for my living room without paying a fortune. TG for Penney's Warehouse returns section!!

In re the decorative tiles in the kitchen, looks like they bought a dozen and ran out before they got through. More remnants? LOL

I'd love a red kitchen/dinette, but ours faces south, and has all kinds of windows so late afternoon cooking gets pretty warm. With red, I'd feel like I was in Satan's main quarters.

Maybe the hole in the wall was so that the owner could check on what was going on in the living room? Glass shelves would be nice if you wanted to put pretty glass knickknacks......never mind, I hate dusting and that would be a major dust collector. Flat screen tv?
Stained glass insert? Nahh, close it up altogether.

Uhhh, what's that little platform for in the kitchen near the fridge space? Performing Arts? Little dancers?

So.Glad.Maddi.is.Almost.Well!! Doncha hate that whiney stage when you just wanna shove them in a closet and shut the door? Mostly I liked my kids better when they were either completely well or sick. No in between. And no puking......LOL Mine learned early on that they better hit the bathroom or the basin, or there would be two messes to clean up.

Good luck with the Big Move....It's going to be an exciting spring for you. I like the idea of putting all the plants in one location and holding them over winter. Gives you more time to wield the paint brushes and buckets!!

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

I was wrong in thinking you need one 18-wheeler to move just your plants!!!!!
YOU NEED THREE 18-wheelers. LOL

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

ROTFLOL I ran out and snapped more pics. I didn't feel that mg had the full picture as far as plants are concerned. :)

I have no idea what that step is next to the fridge. Since the owner keeps his garbage bag there, I'll go with the assumption it is for the garbage??? I have no clue!

Funny you should mention the rolling laundry carts! It is something I said myself! When we are able to add on, I'd like to shave a few feet off the living room and put a larger laundry next to the bathrooms and turn the rest into another bedroom. I see no sense to take all the dirty clothes to the other end of the house then return them back clean to the other end!

I am going to call a couple of tool rental places then hubby, me and the two little ones are off to the other house for a bit. Then I need to come home and mail some plants. Whew!

McKinney, TX(Zone 8a)

Add me to the growing list of "red in a kitchen" likers. I actually really want to put red in my kitchen or dining room when we move (if we ever sale our dang present house).

How about an almost mustard, light gold kinda yellow? I think you mentioned mustard somewhere up top so here's an example. Of course that may not work with the grey tile grout.

Here's my kitchen for an example of yellow...

Thumbnail by sweezel
McKinney, TX(Zone 8a)

Also, here's a tan color. This is in our Living Room and Dining Room. It has a tad more orange in it than I wanted, but it's really nice. The decision was between "Pecan" and "Taupe" and I should have gone with Taupe.

Thumbnail by sweezel
Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

Speaking of mustard, (was somebody?), here is the front bath. It is the Behr venetian plaster. Bright and cheerful.

Thumbnail by Calif_Sue

This plaster is real smooth, with a coat of wax as the finishing coat, feels like marble when done.

Thumbnail by Calif_Sue

*mg will not be posting pictures of her new house, mg would like her new friends to think well of her*

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

LOL mornin_gayle are we not always nice....show your pictures! vissling along, looking at the sealing.:0)
Janett

LOL Gayle, funny!
I may someday show more, it's a good incentive to clean up and put away clutter for picture day! I do have a red office with a taspestry fabric applied to the closet doors that has a wine theme. Problem is, the office is the most cluttered room in the house. I'll put it on my To Do list, which of course is quite long.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

This thread is getting out of hand for an old Minnesota farm boy to understand. I will just continue lurking & comment between laughter!
Bernie

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Thread is getting long, period!

Kernersville, NC(Zone 7a)

Michele, you need your own forum on Dave's LOL
This is so fun to read. I can't wait to see what you decide:)

Rachel

Corinth, NY(Zone 4b)

I have thought the same thing reading this thread. This is fun to read, I am wondering what Chele will decided. You almost have me convinced that I would like a red kitchen! I will keep on lurking to see what is decided on the kitchen.
Thanks!

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

CountryGardens to old????naaeeeeeeeee never get to old for a god laugh. I always say that I am ?? years yong. just refuse to put the word old after the numbers :0)
Janett

PS. Happily living in a complete deny

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

ROTFLOL Bernie, I could send you condensed transcripts? :)

I LOVE the bathroom Sue! Sweezel, I actually had a pale yellow at some point. I referred to it as banana. Your house is lovely!

First the state forums and forums for every kind of foliage known to man! I am sure Dave would love it it we started requesting personal forums! LOL

I'll start a new thread with my $64,ooo chicken coop! That is a topic in itself. hahahahaha

$64,000? This oughta be interesting! Bring it on.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

LOL New thread: http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/546421/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.