LITTLE BLESSINGS

Bloomingdale, OH(Zone 6a)

OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW
OWIE OWIE OWIE OWIE OWIE OWIE
OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH

Wow, that just looks sooo painful! I feel so bad for your dh. I can't believe the dr let him go home like that, geez! What did they say is wrong? And when does he go back? And have you considered a second opinion???

Ouchie, ouchie

mg

This message was edited Oct 10, 2005 10:28 PM

Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

Thanks so much for the praise for the baby squirrel!! I HONESTLY could NOT have done it without all of you!!! I would have had no idea where to start!! THANK YOU ALL for the help and advise!!! I thinks she is a DG squirrel!! Maybe I will change her name to **DG GIRL **!!! In honor of all of you!!!!
Today i went out and gathered up some dried Oak leaves still on the sticks, also had some little acorns on them. And put them in her cage!! She is in heaven. I am going to try to get a good picture of what she has done to her box. It is unbelievable!!! She has taken the newspaper from the bottom of her cage and shredded it and made the neatest nest I have ever seen. I hope I can get some good pics of it, without making her too mad. She is very protective of her nesting box!! She gets VERY angry when anyone tried to touch it!! LOL

Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

He has an appointment to go back Wed. and we will find out if they are going to do surgery. But they are still ...or so they say...waiting for some test results. I really think they are trying to find a way to get more money.
I suggested we find another DOC. but you know how men are.....stubborn. His eply was...I have used Dr Cool for years...I am not going to go looking for another doctor now!!
Such a pain in the tail!!!!!!! It is VERY painful for him...and if I hurt as bad as he does...I would have went to the emergency room for treatment...but no not him...The idiot went to work today!!
Oh... did I mention he called me appx. 20 times to tell me ...
#1. he got a guy to help him get up on a roof and replace some shingles.
#2. His leg was killing him.
#3. He had to crawl in an attic and fix a vent.
#4 His leg was on fire and killing him!!!
Geeze...if only he was a squirrel!! I could put him in a cage, and ask everyone what to do with him next!!! LOL

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

OMG, that looks awful! And he went to work. He's just gonna make it worse. Good grief!

That really needs to be drained I think. My husband just twisted his knee many years ago and it swelled up like that. He was playing a soccer game coaches/dads against sons and hurt it. They had to go in with a needle and drained off a gallon (exaggeration) of fluid. Felt much better after that but they still put him in a full leg cast for six weeks. I had to take him to work (I worked at the same place) in the backseat of the car. It was not a happy time for him.

Of course he had an office job and did not have to go on the roof. LOL Your poor DH, tell him how sorry we are for him. Really mean that!!

Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

Thanks so much KITTYMOM...I will pass it on to him. He has to have that knee drained about every 3 months...but it has never been this big or this sore for him. This really bothers me. And for the DR to keep running tests and not come up with any news...then to call and tell him he needs to come in at 3;45 Wed.....just doesn't sound normal!!!
Thanks again and I will pass it on to him!!!!!

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Nashville, TN(Zone 6b)

Oh the baby was sooo cute. A neighbor raised one two summers ago. Her dog caught it and brought it to her. She raised it on Puppy formula. She turned it lose at maybe 6 months. It came to her kitchen window for several weeks to visit.

I tried several years ago with bad results. Some one brought me one that was a little older. The eyes were already open. It would quickly take the formula and then try to bite me. It was too young to release so we were patient with "The Little Squirrel". First time he started cracking nuts we all cheered. No one was happier that the squirrel when we released him. For months after the squirrel was released our pet parrot would call anyone who made him mad "Squirrel".

DH's poor knee, Bless his heart. My daughter broke her Knee cap a few weeks ago, hers sounds about like his looks. The doctor told her there is not much she can do but wait.

Wynantskill, NY(Zone 5a)

I have been busy packing to move and haven't had time to read the posts until today. The pictures from the 10th are the cutest ever. What a precious girl you have!! I just love those big feet, and the way they love pecans. Thanks for keeping us posted,and I hope your husband is feeling better soon.

Hillsdale, NY(Zone 5b)

How is DH's knee? What did the tests show? - Julie

Yeah Sue, I was wondering how his knee is too. I really hope everything is alright.

mg

Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

OK...the doctor did surgery yesterday. He chipped a bone...the fragment landed on the knee cap and set up infection. So they went in and removed the infection and fragment.

Thumbnail by blckwolf256
Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

When I got him home yesterday...I got him to the doorway of the house...and he passed out on me. He turned white as a sheet and passed out!!!! I was scared to death,and had no idea he was so darn heavy. No one else was here...what a JOB!!!
I drug him in the house and he woke up. I got him into the day bed and he stayed there until about 10 last night. He finally woke up and was feeling much better.
WHAT A DAY!!!!!

I forgot to say **THANK YOU ALL** for the well wishes!! He says to tell everyone HELLO, and he plans to go Deer Hunting Saturday morning!!
LOL, Little does he know...he can't drive, and I'm not taking him!! LOL

This message was edited Oct 14, 2005 9:53 AM

Thumbnail by blckwolf256

Oh I'm so relieved to hear he is doing better. I hope having the surgery has eased the pain a bit. You must have been so scared when he went down, I can't imagine! My dh is 6'4 and I'd have no hope of ever getting him up let alone be able to drag him in.

Typical man I must say, thinking he is going hunting on a bum leg. What a riot!

mg

Columbus, OH(Zone 5b)

Oh my gosh!
I'm reminded of the saying "be careful what you wish for - you just might get it"

Those little guys are so dang cute
I want me one!!!

Dovey

SUE!!! Where is my girlie squirrley??????

I need my squirrel fix you know....LOL

Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

9 KITTYMOM....I promise to get you some new pics. tomorrow!! LOL

OK then.....don't forget!

Thumbnail by 9kittymom
Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

TOO CUTE!!!!!!
I promise I wont forget!! LOL

So where are they?? Huh? Huh? Nag, nag, nag!

rofl

mg

Lyndonville, NY

Such impatient people around here waiting for the bushy tail! haha

I bet she is getting big!

Debbie

hummmm, patting my foot..........

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

While we're waiting...Do you know how to catch a unique animal?

I'll bite, how?

You neek up on him! Roflmbo.

Sue's dh is still having knee trouble, and she is having to play nursie for him. She will be back when he gets back on his feet and out of her hair.

mg

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Now, do you know how to tame a unique animal?

The tame way!

Nap, you need to join us on "Blu"!

mg

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

I've cinsidered it, but you may do the honors for me. It's too addicting. Here's another. "What is it that you throw away the outside, cook the inside eat the outside, throw away the inside?"

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

An ear of corn.

Phoenix, MD(Zone 7a)

oh Nap I knew that one too just was sleeping lol

Hey you two are being "blu" here
LOL

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

A cowboy rides into town on Thursday, stays three days and rides out of town on Thursday. Can you explain that?

His horse is names Thursday!

lol, good one.

mg

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

You ARE good! Darn!

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Okay. My favorite. What would you do if you were walking down the street and your toes fell off?

Okay, I have to go so I won't wait for an answer. Then no more from me. I don't know about you, but I'd call a "toe" truck.

Now, back to waiting for more pictures.........

This message was edited Oct 22, 2005 11:18 AM

Uggg, that was awful, rofl!

What kind of a 'can' never needs a can opener?

mg

Lyndonville, NY

Nap, did you get enough sleep last night, that one was bad! haha My kids are loving these...and me too!

What is a ghosts favorite thing to wear?

Boo-jeans!

Graham, NC(Zone 8a)

OK ya'll...

Why did the chicken cross the road???

Lyndonville, NY

Oh no....not the chicken!

He wanted to go to KFC?

Graham, NC(Zone 8a)

Nope!!

To prove to the possum that it COULD be done!!

Still stumped on the 'can'? Need a hint?

mg

Lyndonville, NY

Ok, on the "can" is it a Can-ta-lope? Or a toilet...also known by many men as "the can"?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.