LITTLE BLESSINGS

Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

I can imagine what I have to look forwards to in the near future!! lol
I have a few folks I might invite over to sit in a chair or two when she decides to do a little chewing...just kidding!! lol
It seems like she just sprouted up over a day or 2.
She got a water bottle today. She is so curious about it...but it only took a few mins. for her to figure out what to do with it. They are pretty smart little critters!!

Wynantskill, NY(Zone 5a)

I remember when our squirrels reached maturity they would race over our backs and up and down our legs and leave scratch marks all over us. Some of the people who visited us while they were out and jumping around were not appreciative of this as they usually drew blood when they were racing around. I just put up with it because I knew they would need razor sharp claws to go up those trees like the speed demons they are. Is she burying stuff in her box for later? I love it when they do that-it is just the cutest thing to me. I love your new pictures of her with her "baby". Ours carried their bedding cloths around with them like treasure. It's a stupid wish of course, but I wished they could stay little longer. Once they're grown, they need to be free, and it's very hard to let them go. Keep those pictures coming. My husband enjoys them as much as I do. Linda

Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

She is scampering around so much more. And yes...she has been burying her dog chow chuncks. I have to collect food before I change her bedding each day..lol And she love to sit on my shoulder and click and chatter. When she gets a pecan, though...she eats it right away!! LOL I think she is afraid her new stuffed baby brother might want some...lol
I hope to post more pics. tonight!! I feel like A few of you are right here with me, going thru this!! Thanks so much!! It is so nice to have friends to share with!!!
See ya soon!!
Sue

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

We are looking forward to the next installment Sue! :)

Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

(BIG,BIG SMILE)... :-) Great!! Thanks!!

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Take many pics.......they grow soooo fast and I regret that I have only one or two from that time. Ours also carried her little blankie around a lot (when she was in her cage). She also liked to lie with me on the couch and bury in my clothes to sleep. That stage didn't last for very long tho.
Pam

Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

Oh...too neat!!
I am a camera nut...not great at taking pics....but I love to take them..lol
So We should be ok in the picture department...lol

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

The Girl loved a wash cloth. I bought them by the dozen at WalMart in the economy packs. She used them for her nest box. They are so adorable when they 'bury' stuff in the cloth. grab, Fold, Pat, pat, pat, ... so precious.
Susan

Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

I gave her a paper towel tube today...she has been having a ball with it!! She started taking things and putting them inside the tube. She is sooooo funny!!!
I will try to get a pic. of that too!!

Lyndonville, NY

We have a new nest of babies in our tree now, looks to be 3 of them and just starting to come out. I can watch them for hours. A few years ago we had a litter of them that had no tails. I don't know what happened, I will find the pictures and post them...but they had skinny little stubs for tails! I am assuming the grew up and are OK cause I never saw them after about 6 weeks.

Those pictures you took are adorable.

Lyndonville, NY

OK, as promised, here is one of the shots of the tailless babies, this was last summer in May.

I also realized I have WAY too many pictures to go through on this thing! haah

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

Here is one more, similar view but clearer.

Debbie

Oak Grove, MN(Zone 4a)

How funny with no tails! They look healthy enough otherwise, I bet they grew up just fine.

Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

TOO CUTE!!
TREE HAMPSTERS!!!
Wow, I wonder what happened? That is amazing!!
Thanks for the pics!!!

Lyndonville, NY

This is one of the little guys on my front porch, a but blurry but you can get the idea. DH thought maybe a squirrel mated with something else...but I don't know about that. Even chipmunks have longer tails! Unless your right....it was that hamster that ran away! haha

Poor little babies. They just don't look right without their tails. PI-D would cover himself up with his tail when he wanted to sleep. Like a furry comforter.

Prospect Park, PA(Zone 7a)

I have enjoyed reading this thread so much! So cute!

Lyndonville, NY

Saw the cutest report on CNN news link off roadrunner today, a momma cat with several kittens took in an orphaned baby squirrel. She was feeding the baby, cleaning it and they showed it nursing and cuddling with the kittens (about 3 weeks old). The little squirrel was not very old at all, maybe a week.

Your little lady is adorable, I am glad she is thriving.

Debbie

Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

How sweet!! I wish I would have seen that!!
I do appologize for not getting pictures in the past few days...but I promise I will real soon!!
She is growing like crazy!! And so much fun to watch!!

Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

PICTURES!!!!!

Thumbnail by blckwolf256
Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

ANOTHER ONE!!

Thumbnail by blckwolf256
Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

one more!!

Thumbnail by blckwolf256
Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

Last one!!
She is eating like a lil piggy, and has jumped off the table twice while I was trying to get these pics. Then we got to do the CATCH ME IF YOU CAN game!! LOL

Thumbnail by blckwolf256
Oak Grove, MN(Zone 4a)

So I'm guessing from the slightly blurry pictures that she is like greased lightning! Two speeds - mach 1 and sleep. What a little doll! She looks wonderful, all fuzzy coat and shiny eyes. Thanks for the photos.

Memphis, TN(Zone 7b)

She's all squirrel! Looks like you're doing a great job with her!

Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

You are so right...and most of the time it is MACH1..lol
Thanks so much. Geeze I did not realize that overnight she would sprout up and be so darn fast!! LOL

Hope you enjoy the pictures. I feel like all of you have been here helping me raise her!!
Well shoot I guess you all HAVE!!!
THANKS SO VERY MUCH!!!

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

She's so cute! I wish I'd been able to keep my squirrel babies to this stage. That would have been fun!

Wynantskill, NY(Zone 5a)

I love the pictures-I love it when their tails get bushy. She's on the road to being a grown-up girl!

Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

Boo Hoo...I know that is good...but it is also bad..... I sure am going to miss her when that day comes!!!! I sure am dreading it!!

Graham, NC(Zone 8a)

Sue....

You're such a "SOFTIE"!!! :)

Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

I know ...sad isn't it!!! LOL ;-)

Graham, NC(Zone 8a)

LOL

Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

NEW PICTURES!!! Of her new home!! My husband built her a new cage this weekend!! It is fantstic. I ran out and gathered up different size stick and branches....We hung some so she could experience the feeling of moving branches like she will when she is freed. I took an old priority box and cut a hole in it for her to sleep in....she loves it...and she likes to sit on top of it too!!
This is too much fun. I am not sure if she is enjoying it as much as we are or not...lol
We figures this will conditioner her before she makes her next move to the plant room in a month or so.

Thumbnail by blckwolf256
Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

More pics.

Thumbnail by blckwolf256
Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

Another

Thumbnail by blckwolf256
Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

hope I am not boring you folks!!

Thumbnail by blckwolf256
Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

More pics....yes, that is her blanket...she carried it to the box and laid it on top....she is so funny!

Thumbnail by blckwolf256
Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

A different shot of the cage.
I'm HAPPY...she is growing up.
But I'm sad....she is growing up!!

Thumbnail by blckwolf256

She is so wonderful! You are so lucky to have her.

Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

I told my husband last night...I am so use to getting up every 4 hours...I don't know what I am going to do when the **TIME** comes to let her go. He said we need to keep her thru the first Winter...then let her go next Spring.
You guessed it...he is getting attached...(I knew he would...hee hee)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.