LITTLE BLESSINGS

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

Yeah, 'let her go next spring' ...... what year? ROFL

Lyndonville, NY

Ummm, next Spring is a must...can't expect her to know how to forrige in snow...and I am SURE Alabama gets LOTS of deep snow!

The cage is awesome and just what she needs to develop her motor skills, what great parents you are!

Debbie

Oak Grove, MN(Zone 4a)

I could never be bored by pictures of this little sweetie! Thank you so much for sharing her with us!

Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

My hubby is saying the same thing...why do you want to let her go.....just wait a while.
I think it is like with human babies...hubbies don't like the 4 hour feedings...changing the diapers(wiping lil tails), things like that.
BUT...... when the lil fellows are potty trained and fun to play with...they become Daddys lil boy-girl. ;-)

Great... I am so glad you are not bored....you know how it can be...the guy who pulls out his wallet to show you a picture of his lil tike....and pictures a mile long flow across the floor...lol I don't wanna be like that!! ;-)

we do get snow here sometimes...but it does get pretty COLD some winters...so maybe Spring of 2010 would be good...lol

Hillsdale, NY(Zone 5b)

I love, love, love this thread! Carried her blanket to her new house - awww. Too cute. - Julie

Bloomingdale, OH(Zone 6a)

Nice digs! Your hubby pulled out all the stops. LOL, I bet if you would have wanted a new plant shelf........

She is growing up so quickly, sigh. Enjoy her while you can.

mg

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

She pulled her blanket into the cage and put it on top of the box??? That is amazing!! She is staking her claim, and she's not going anywhere!

You and your husband are incredible people, and he did a beautiful job on her new digs. Plus that gorgeous view, almost like being outside.

I agree with Julie, I love this thread!

Lyndonville, NY

Can't you just see her now if you set her free, flying through the trees, with the blankie trailing behind? Just like Linus on Snoopy, gotta take the blankie everywhere. She is so adorable, and that cage is really grand!

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Ha-ha-ha!!! I love it!

Wynantskill, NY(Zone 5a)

When we built our three squirrels individual houses in the woods, we put a "blankie" in each one for each squirrel. We caught them taking their blankets over to their brother's house-just as though they were having a sleep over. It was too precious for words! In the summer, they threw their blankets out on the ground and made their own nest in the boxes. We washed the blankets and got them ready for the next winter. They put them back in the following fall when the weather got cold. We left them on tree limbs near the nest, and soon we saw them peeking out the opening. It was a joy and a privilege to raise the little rascals.

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Sounds like they just wanted them washed. An adorable story! I want a squirrel!

Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

As a matter of fact...we have been discusisng the plant shelves...lol
And you notice we have a squirrel condo...but still no shelves and it is getting a little cooler...lol

I have not figured out the Blankie on Top of the house yet...but today I took it off the box, and she worked her lil tail off putting it back up there. And she also pulled part of it in her house. Maybe she thinks we are going to have a really bad winter, and she is preparing for it...like we should be...you know with SHELVES for my plants....hee hee

IF...I can bear to let her go free....I will make sure I cut some of her blankie so she can take it with her. I did have a very wise person tell me recently...she (Zeecha the squirrel) will let me know when the time comes...if she wants to go , or if she wants to stay. Boy I hope that will happen. My hubby says ...
Why in the world would she want to leave??? She lives like a Queen!! She sleeps 4 times more than you, she gets a lil bath 4-6 times a day, she lives in a Palace, and is served her food day and night. She would be CRAZY to want to leave....LOL
Maybe he is right...
LOL

Lyndonville, NY

But like every young girl, a tall handsome man with a very bushy tail comes by....they fall in love....and BAM gone! Never looking back to the parent who loved them so..... HAHA! I guess that is how mother nature is supposed to work.

I have a litter of about 5 on my front porch and tree, one let me know the feeder was empty this morning banging on the front window and scaring the heck out of Huck the kitten! I couldn't get to the camera in time...but it is now out and ready!

Have a great day

Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

How sweet DEB!!! We will all be waiting for a picture of the lil ones!!!
This is so neat!!! I just love everyone stories and pictures!!!

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Wonderful home blckwolf and your little girl is looking really GOOD! Ü

Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

Thanks so much lily!! She has already learned to listen for the 3 beeps of the microwave...where I take the chill off her milk. She will run out of her box and jump on the front of the new cage and wait for me to open the door. Then she climbs on my hand and up to my shoulder. She rides to the table, I put my hand down on the newspaper I have ready with her milk...then she runs in circles and goes straight to the glass jar and dropper. Now this lil bugger has figured this out all on her own. Well...maybe it is because we have been doing the same routine for so long...but she has it all figured out!!
She is so smart...it is scary!!! LOL

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

LOLOLOL

Ü She sounds wonderful (and is a character:) and you sound madly in love! ;)

This message was edited Oct 5, 2005 9:52 PM

Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

Shoot....and I though I was doing such a good job of hiding my feelings...hee hee

Graham, NC(Zone 8a)

lol

Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

I saw that little snicker Eric!!!! ;-)

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

So smart!! Wow.

Graham, NC(Zone 8a)

who??? me???....noooo not me....lol 0:)

Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

Eric....
Now you better be thanking your lucky stars you were not born a squirrel...cause I would be talking about you like that!!! LOL
You know how smart you are , and how quick you learn....oh and how listen for the 3 beeps and make little circles!! LOL

Graham, NC(Zone 8a)

How'd you know??? lol

Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

I am good at remote viewing!! LOL

Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

Yep...New picture time. This was the Friday night fun...since Hubby fell thru a ceiling at work and has really messed up his knee!!!
So we got our lil baby out and watched her eat pecans on the kitchen table...lol

Thumbnail by blckwolf256
Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

I know...I know....what an exciting life we have, huh???

Thumbnail by blckwolf256
Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

Later that night my sister in law and hubby came by to play cards. Warnings were given.....B.I.L. would not listen....she took a chunk out of his finger......
I will not finish the thoughts that ran thru my head when it happened....because this is a Family oriented site...lol

Thumbnail by blckwolf256

Oh how PRECIOUS This is the kind of thing that makes life exciting. What a big girl with her little tail held just so. I love your squirrel so much! You have done such a good job raising her. She looks so healthy and bright eyed. and dare I say.......BUSHY TAILED!!!

Hope DH gets better soon. That can be so painful.

Watching the sweetie should have him back in shape in no time.
May I steal your pictures for a personal album? I won't share them around anyplace else. I am just in love with her and want to see her in a folder. LOL

This message was edited Oct 9, 2005 11:12 PM

Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

LOL..Sure!!! Enjoy her pictures!!!! I feel honored...and will let her know she is becoming famous...lol
Dh has another Doc appt. Wed. I believe he chipped a bone...His knee is swelled three times the size of the other one...and today his foot started swelling. I am really worried about it. I just about bet they will decide to do surgery!! He is in ALOT of pain with it!!!

Thanks for the **Well wishes** I will pass it on to him!!!!

OK, they are all saved to blackwolfs squirrel folder.
Thank you, it makes my day to see her.

Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

GREAT!!!! ENJOY Them!!!!

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

She's growing up and turning into quite the looker! :) Ya'll done good blckwolf! Ü

Her new home is FANTASTIC!!! Watch out tho for when (if) she starts chewing on the wires. Ours did and pulled out a tooth (it grew back)......this was done a couple of months before she was released. Try putting fruit tree branches inside the cage for her to chew on.

Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

Great tip Lilypon!!! I will do that!! Thanks

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Just remembered it was the apple tree branches that we put into her cage.

When she really goes after the wire tho remember this:

Never release a young squirrel until it can quickly and easily crack open its own acorns and other hard-shelled nuts, otherwise it will starve to death! Do not release until it is 5 or 6 months old. When squirrel begins pacing back and forth and trying to chew out of cage, it is time for release. We waited til ours was 9 months old tho because when she first started chewing the wires it was around -30F outside.

It's a heartbreaking time but.........

This message was edited Oct 10, 2005 11:07 AM

Vieques, PR(Zone 11)

BW that is soooooooooo adorable.

You have been a good mom.

Kudos.

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

I just have to say thank you for sharing your journey! I look forward to seeing her progress every day - and absolutely love the pics. She is adorable.

I hope your husband heals quickly - his heart we already know is wonderful!

Both of you take care, and thanks again!

Bloomingdale, OH(Zone 6a)

Ouch Sue, your poor dh! I hope he mends well and soon!

Shame on BIL for being a putz. What is it with men? Grrrrr!

Chili is on, want a bowl? It's a big pot of mild....

mg

Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

Thanks so much everyone. I took pics of hubbys knee...what do you all think???

Thumbnail by blckwolf256
Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

The good leg is the leg that got shot up in Nam. It took out 1/4 of hisupper leg. It is a horrible scar. Now the knee is all messed up...geeze what next??

Thumbnail by blckwolf256

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.