It's May,

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Good idea!

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Yep.

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Keep me posted! Don't like those things!
I found in my youth that twisters would go up off the ground when they hit a gully or araoyyo they would go up and have to get reconneted with it's vacum some ways down it's path. I remember many foothills when I was there.
Come to think of it, they were mostly north of Borger and the ones around Whitedeer weren't as defined.
Anyhow I'm praying He'll stop it and let ya'll keep your roofs.
87* and nice to be home.
sidney

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

We wait.

I twiddle.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Fritch?

I'm calling cous!

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Waiting is hard.

No answer.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

I'm here! The weather changed my plans regarding checking vehicle for drive tomorrow, so got busy doing other necessities. Just turned computer back on...

Sorry to keep y'all waiting. Thanks for your prayers. When I heard it on the radio, I was making a delivery two miles from home, with my youngest son. He immediately prayed for God to turn it into a "good tomado" . I told him the only good "tornado" is the one that doesn't touch the ground so that nothing and noone is hurt :-)

Not only did the wind change ( I barely stayed on the edge of the heavy rain coming back from Borger), but all the tornadoes that were spotted in the viewing area, were, well "GOOD tomadoes". None touched down, not one, and there were quite a few spotted, saw some pics on the ten o'clock news.

The wind was bad, but we are temporarily between storms. Sleeping in the basement so the wind doesn't keep me awake, need my beauty sleep! My Mom was really glad it changed direction, she doesn't do stairs well right now...

So now we know, according to a boy almost 4 years old, there are such things as "Good Tomadoes" Out of the mouths of babes, eh?

Gonna catch up on all the happening at Dave's, just hafta before shutting eyes {{{{{{{{hugs to everyone}}}}}}}}
edited for spelling...

This message was edited May 10, 2005 11:26 PM

Shew!

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

70 and dark. Calm wind.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Lo 66, dp 63, pc, s3.

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Just saw this...glad you dodged the bullet TamaraFaye!!! If I had a choice, I'd take the hurricanes any day. They don't sneak up on you!

66°, 88%, DP 63°, no clouds now. High predicted 85° with thunderstorms this afternoon. Looks like we may be getting into the summer rain pattern. Hot winds from the west over the Everglades meet the cool ocean winds coming from the east in the afternoons.....big boomers!
Pati

Had a shower nast night. Patio is wet. sunny and pray it stays that way.
Nice 73* outside.
sidney

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Hurricane Ellisa just grew on us. It sort of started as a thunderstorm just off Galveston and got carried away, a day later a tropical storm then in a couple of days a cat 3 cane. Then it moved over Houston We lost a few trees. No house damage though, but a porch roof.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

When was that?

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Early 80s.

Trois, that's why I prefer (?) hurricanes...you've got about three days to batten down and drag all the container plants into lockdown!
Pati

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

If you know it's going to become one. No travel on that one. I have experienced the full force of AL, in a chopper out a hundred miles out into the gulf.

That was a RIDE back to shore!

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

trois, it is a wonder you made it back to shore.

78 degrees, balmy, lite breezes. Still no rain since May 1. This afternoon has a funny look about it, thin clouds, getting very warm.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

We thought so. All electronics failed. No radio, only a compass. We were nervous nellies with hundred foot waves just barely below us. We were traveling the same direction as the wind most of the way so we made good speed. We had to stay low enough to see the waves in order to tell how high we were. Later I was flown down to about even with Brownsville after the storm had passed there to restore communications to a rig. We landed on the heliport, went down one flight and opened the door to the Wheel house. It was completely full of sea water, all the way to the ceiling. This at 110 feet up.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Making good time is important what with the price of fuel.

It was cheap back then I bet.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

How much?

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

I was being paid to ride. Very cheap for me. Not enough pay for that ride, though.

I KNOW that's right!

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

We used to get an extra 50 bucks hazardous duty pay! Then the boss yanked that b/c that would be admitting placing us in hazardous situations. He was very smart. Thats why he was the boss.

geeze!

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Bossy, too! :-(

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

We got 50 cents a foot for tower climbing.. That was the best money going. No bugs, cool breeze, no one to hassle you. 500 feet up is a peaceful place.

An extra $250.00 for the trip was gravy.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

$50 was for landing near brush/limbs or tilted landing sites (mountains), full power. Pilot had to confirm. Any crew member could abort a flight for any reason.

Good grief, Trois and John! It's easy to see why you two chose to retire to flat, dry land!!
Pati

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Turns out I miss it a lot more than I should.

At least YOU DID IT! You're not woulda, coulda, shoulda.
Memories beat unfufilled dreams anyday.
Even the least can be remembered in time as "the good ole days".
sidney

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

I sometimes miss it, but then I remember days when the best thing that happened was getting rained on, soaking wet. Also 40 to 50 hours with no sleep was not fun either, but I slept well once I got a chance.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Yeah, I remember days of cold wet snow waiting for some one to come get us the heck outta there!

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Memories are not always good.

Lot's of talk on Weather chanel about tornado warnings in TX. Hope you boys are O.K.
Pati

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Not here.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.