Lily Lovers, it is time...........

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Steve,
that is truelly disgusting that you have a lily coming up. can you tell that i'm green with envy. a bright neon green too. ;-)

boojum, we are neighbors. my goodness we'll have to get together sometime. i live down here in springfield, close to the east longmeadow side. about the farthest corner away from you i think. ;-)

we still have snow here in massachusettes. ugh!!!! come on spring!!!!!!!!!
debi z and franklin
this is an oriental 'woodriff's memory'. i have these planted in the woods. they get lots of sun in the spring and then dappled light the rest of the season. this was there 2nd year and so far seem to be doing well here. although they do lean towards the light, a lot! :-) that's ok.

Thumbnail by debi_z
Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Love that sideview curliness! We definitely should connect this summer. Don't let me forget! We should visit each other. Maybe we can introduce each other to our fav local nurseries. Are lilies what I should see at your place?? I have an amazing iris season (spring through July), a rose season, hopefully a peony season (newbies), and a never ending daylily season, besides lilies (very modest amount). I always feel guilty to not be sharing all of this! I call people but they often don't come (silly people). When they do, they love it. How old is Franklin (your babe, right?)???

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Maybe you should e-mail me so we're not interrupting the thread with our chatter!

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Thanks Debi & Boojum. I am looking at all of the pictures everyone has posted, as well - makes me want to go out and get even more, and I already have too many! Love the picture of the Conca d'Or - I planted several of those myself this fall. I agree with Maxine about the Chiantis - they are beautiful...I have clumps that keep getting bigger and better each year, and I planted 25 more of that type this fall!

For those with zone envy, remember that your lily season is kicking in and going strong in late July and into August when temps here are hot and mine is grinding to a halt. So at that point I am the one with zone envy! Pretty much all of my bulbs are done by then, and I make so with Marigolds and Zinnias. I have some Dahlias as well, but even those do best towards Sept/Oct since it is cooler.

Wonderful pictures, everyone!! I am glad to see that there are so many other lily fanaticss out there.

Steve

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Steve, come see more pics at the link above ~

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Moby you forgot your link! Or did you mean the one a few posts above? I checked those out - very lovely. Ddidn't realize trumpets did so well so far north!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Yep, I did mean the link above. :)

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

One more for a sunny but cool day.
Have a great weekend.
Name, Corrida Asiatic

Maxine

Thumbnail by Maxine
Moerkerke_Damme, Belgium(Zone 7b)

I'm drooling all those treasures, i fell like Alibaba in his cave. Wish i had here 40 robbers her with me.
Darn, i'm not Alibaba.
I just buy them hmmmm.......
I bought this ones this year :)

Thumbnail by John_Benoot

Iowaron, i just love the CERNUUM one, think i will put it on my next season plantlist.

I'm looking for Lilium Martagon 'ALBUM' does someone got seeds? I still have seeds left from the red one!

Thumbnail by John_Benoot

Who is responsible for infecting me! Was that you Wanda?

Thumbnail by John_Benoot

THUD, when i saw this one at the gardencenter

Thumbnail by John_Benoot

I bought Lilium candidum too, but he had no jacket on :)
But i got a pic from a friends garden where it was blooming last summer. This is a reall tall one!

Thumbnail by John_Benoot

I bought a yellow one but probable mislabeled: Tiger Lily flavorium; think it must be : http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/66031/
I will check it out when it blooms in between i call it my surprise bulb.

Thumbnail by John_Benoot
(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

I can't wait to see pictures of the lilies blooming in your yard! Wonderful!!

Johnston, IA(Zone 5a)

What a wonderful assortment of lilies you have collected. I can't wait either!

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

Pink Perfection - got that one last year - sure hope it blooms as pretty as that picture, John!

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

john, i love that lily candidum. the white is so pure. uh oh, another one i "have to have". LOL looks like you'll have some pretty blooms this year from those.
debi & franklin
these were my first liliums, i bought in a mix from home depot i think. my favorites are the oranges that just go "POW" and make you smile.

Thumbnail by debi_z
Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

i'm going to head over to the 2nd part of this post, some folks can't bring this up on there computers it has gotten so big.
come join us....
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/487187/#new
debi & franklin

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.