LUXURIANT LILY COLLECTION
ASIATIC LILY CENTERFOLD
ELECTRIC LILY MIX
ASIATIC LILY SPHYNX
L.O. LILY TRIUMPHATOR
IMPROVED TIGER LILIES MIX

They were just so pretty!! :)

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

Christmas in January, how exciting!!! I'm so thrilled for you!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and jealous...grrrr) lol and glad you're getting better. :)

whew! glad they like the sun!

'Rosepoint Lace' (this is the one with the cow in the background - hee hee) I'm so curious to see what this will look like next year because 'The Lily Garden' calls it light pink with rose spotting. This was really creamy looking.

Thumbnail by kooger
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I can't believe you remember I called Barney a cow! LOL

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

This lily is Barbesco Oriental.

Maxine

Thumbnail by Maxine
Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

I can't believe you remembered his name is Barney! I thought he looked funny back there too. I'm always surprised when I download my pics to find out how many have him or part of him in it. I guess he follows me around more than I realized. lol

Maxine - pretty colour! Will that be a tall one? fragrant? :)

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Last yr. was the first time I had it bloom. It stood around 3' tall and is very auromatic [spelling on that last word].
Its hard to tell as I have many orientals and when they bloom its almost over powering in the yard, according to DH!!
Go figure. I think they smell nice.

Maxine

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Oh my goodness!!! All these pics make me eager to just go out & dig holes in my yard. Never mind that the ground is frozen & the bulbs won't be her until March.... :)

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

LOL wanda!!!

Guess what I just saw poking through the ground.... Grape Hyacinths!!! Weeee!! Dollar Store special, hehe.

Yucaipa, CA(Zone 9a)

We have 99 cent stores. Bought lots of bulbs there.

If they don't come up, I'm not out that much; but if they
do--Wow!!

Buy plants, too. Like this 1--

Thumbnail by KE6KAD

Some some daffodils pushing up thru the ground at my nephew's house. Planted too close to a south-facing basement wall. Darn things will get buried in snow again & crushed before they bloom. I have all mine at least 3 foot from any wall to prevent early emergence.

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

Ohh poor dafs. :-((
.99 cent stores are the best hehe.

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

Here is a group shot: Yellow Elf, Stones (both asiatics) and some Stella d Oro.

Thumbnail by llilyfan

Here is one of my new ones last year, 'Coral Butterflies' I love the vibrant color and the outfacing orientation.

Thumbnail by llilyfan

One more for tonight, a dwarf orienpet 'Early Yellow' this one has the sweetest fragrance, the only problem was I had to be on my knees to smell it!

Thumbnail by llilyfan

lilyfan, if you hadn't already sent me half your garden last Fall, I would be heading your way with a poaching shovel!!!
I swear I'm going to sneak down to your yard this summer just to drool on your lily collection. WOW!

Drooling is welcome as long as you miss the foliage! I'm sure I sent you this one.

'Suncrest' an L.A. Hybrid

Thumbnail by llilyfan
Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

You sent me that one too, I think.. Gosh, it's a beauty!

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

(((hugs))) you guys! All these pretty pictures make us feel better with this flu bug!

YES! You did, llilyfan. I lovingly planted it & I can't wait to see it bloom this summer.

East Greenbush, NY

Hi All, New to Lillies as of last summer and boy, am I ever Hooooooed!!!

you all know what's coming next.....yes, this year I've ordered lillies, ordered lillies and ordered lillies some more! I ordered Asiatic and Orientals. Also have many dwarfs on order. Truthfully, I think I over-ordered--actually hesitate to count them up fro the various vendors. I've checked out al sorts of info about lily growing but wonder if you have any tips, suggestions or any other info which will help me with my "illness". thanks, jeani4

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Welcome to DG!

Sorry jeani4, there's no help for you now. We can only drag you in deeper. And give you lots of tips to keep you here!

Seriously ~ there are a lot of really smart cookies here that can probably help you with most anything. Just ask!

Hey jeani4, so great to have another addict with us. Moby is right, we can't help you only drag you deeper into...... addiction, compulsion, obsession! Oh but what a way to go!

Seriously though if youy have any ?s there are lots of very knowledgeable lily people here in the garden.

'Conca D Or' orienpet

To almost quote iowaron -- "Is this helping the craving?"

Thumbnail by llilyfan

Dwarfs have been high on my list lately 'Partner' draws you from across the yard for a closer look.

Thumbnail by llilyfan

Of course for vivid color it's hard to beat 'Crimson Pixie'

Thumbnail by llilyfan
Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

I sure am enjoying everyone's pics. I don't have any of my own yet cuz I just got my first lilies last year. I also just received The Lily Garden catalog in the mail....boy am I in trouble! lol =)

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

Let me assure, you're not in trouble at all!!!!!! Mwahahaha!

When Dad was in the hospital, my brother thought he should have some flowers - this is one of the bouquets he brought in - the colour was just gorgeous!!

Thumbnail by kooger
Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Love that evil laugh kooger! I feel very assured! lol =)

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Here is a yellow one I have with a speckled throat, have no idea what the name is, but it really does multiply well.
JanetS

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Also a white dipped in pink, no name.
JanetS

Thumbnail by JanetS

I didin't have many early last summer, but I dug alot of holes thios fall thanks to certain DGers--YOU know who you are!

How about the soft tones of Iltalia?

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

These are my stargazers, I cut to put into an arrangement. At least I knew the name of one of them. I just have never paid attention to the names until I got onto this forum. I certainly will from now on, however!
JanetS

Thumbnail by JanetS

Janet--got to pay attention to the names so we know what you have and what we trade you!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

The pink tipped one looks like Lollipop.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I believe you are right! Well, I planted my first lilies when we moved into this house. That was five years ago. Got them at end of the year sales etc. and a lot of my things didn't come with names. Just something green to plant and get started on this large lot. But I promise I will pay more attention now. I will also look to see if anything I did plant a tag with is still readable! You have so many beautiful plants!
JanetS

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I love the orange one that is posted too. My father recently died and he had some of those in one of the floral arrangements. It was so pretty it looked like wax!
JanetS

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

We all have plants that we nevered bother to keep track of!

Nove Cento --a brilliant spot of yellow asiatics in my yard.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Well, I am sure that is true Moby. It never mattered much to me what the name was, only that it bloomed and I liked it! So far I can't think of many things that bloom that I don't like! I really got some great deals when we moved here. It was in July 1999 and a local nursery gave me baskets filled with Calla, Canna, etc. for five dollars a basket. I mean filled to overflowing. Also threw in twelve autumn clematis that have been beautiful, that they were ready to discard. I also have a lot of things from my Mom, and Grandmother, and Aunts. I like the heirloom things a lot! My best friend and I dug a boatload of iris from her mother's old homestead in Ala. this past summer, and several look like they will bloom this year. I have no idea of the names of them or even the color, but I can't wait to see them! Goodnight!
JanetS

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Lucky, lucky you! Goodnight ~

Janet---I'm always looking to trade for heirloom iris I don't have....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.