Lily Lovers, it is time...........

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

jeanie! Great to have you here!
I have some lily seeds if you want them for SASE- they are big white lilies that get several blooms on each plant- one I had got 6 or more if I remember right. They have been really easy to start from seed- don't know how long it takes to bloom from seed though. These get really tall (over 4-5 ft sometimes) and are easy to care for. All I did was plant mine and it bloomed and bloomed and bloomed, LOL. My addy is in the Address Exchange under Extras at the top of the homepage. Make sure to include your user name and what you want if you send me a SASE!
Here's a picture.

Thumbnail by crimsontsavo
Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

oh I cant wait till summer when all my new ones I bought this year bloom ? drooling .

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Wanda, I will take pictures as they bloom and perhaps some of you can help me identify my Iris. All I know for sure is my friend's Mom was an avid Iris lover and she ordered a lot of pricey Iris up to $50.00 each, which ten years ago was pretty expensive I would think. I've never bought any myself. Anyway, they are all supposed to be from white to black and all colors in between, so we will see what comes up! I also got a really sweet sedum from her. It is the tiny old fashioned one that has a tiny yellow flower on it. Spreads really easily. Plus lots of what they called rain lilies. Again, they haven't bloomed yet, so I have no idea what I actually have. Can't wait until spring and summer to see though!
JanetS

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

Great pictures everyone, keep um coming.

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

What a pleasant thread and many great pics.. having fun here and waiting for more photos...

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Heres one for you fsr333.
Contrast Oriental lily.

Maxine

Thumbnail by Maxine
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

That's a pretty one!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Wow that is beautiful!
Janet

Waxhaw (Charlotte), NC(Zone 7b)

Grand cru never fails

Thumbnail by kdjoergensen
Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

Wonderful photos all, I just started my lilly garden, moved to new location last year, our house burned down, and we had to relocate, good for the garden "every cloud silver lining", for the last 20 years I lived in the shade of a southern hill, no sun until mid May and it was gone in mid Sept. needless to say I didn't have much luck with sun lovers, hosta's did great tho... lol.
I had something eating my lilly tops last spring, squirrels I think so this year I'm covering my beds with chicken wire hoops, I was soooo pleased with the blooms I did get, a great show all summer, and I've ordered many many more for this spring planting and I can hardly wait. Thanks so much for the good advice and look forward to exchanging this fall. I'll watch this thread.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Welcome to DG, Vizz! Glad to have you.
Sorry to hear of your troubles, thank God for those silver linings!

Around here, I have to watch out for the rabbits eating my lilies. Liquid Fence does the trick for me.

Looking forward to seeing more of you ~

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Welcome to DG Vizz8! Glad to have you here! Yes, thank God for those silver linings! Looking forward to seeing your photos this year!

Mendy

Maxine ansd kdjoergenson thanks for brightening my day with your photos.

Vizz8 welcome to the garden, those adorable bunnies are hard on my emerging lilies, I call them 'other' names at that time!

Mr. Tall oriental

Thumbnail by llilyfan

'Pollyanna' asiatic an oldie but still a delight in my garden.

Thumbnail by llilyfan
Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

Thanks guys for the hardy welcome, I guess I'm going to have to brake down and buy that digie camera,but I think about how many plants and bulbs I can buy with that money... lol I have my lillies covered now, dont think they will be eaten this season, also made up some handy flat screens for my other spring bulbs. The weather here has been beautiful, sunny warm, all of them are popping up, daffs are almost blooming, I'm hoping that the last winter freeze will hold off a little longer. I can hardly wait, I'm so excited about the new gargen.

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Welcome Vizz to where the Crazy Ladies hang out--DG. Lots of fun & trading will make it easier on your pocketbook.

Hey, lily fan, got my hotel for the March 19th/ 20th Home & Garden Lily Show. It's got a hot tub... Get your DH or a neighbor to take care of the livestock & we gossip all night...

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i got my catalog today from the lily garden-b e a u t i f u l

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Hello Vizz8 from the state of Wisc. Many growers here on Daves Garden and they all offer help and advice.

Maxine

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Welcome to DG, Vizz8!

Maxine, that Contrast Oriental Lily is gorgeous!

kdjoergensen and lilyfan, those are beautiful...

Thanks to all for sharing these beautiful blooms!

I so love to see all of your pics...

Dori, how do you order that catalog?

I found a few more pictures!

'Rodolfa' - a dwarf oriental looks like a miniature Casa Blanca This was it's first year and spring planted to boot.

Thumbnail by llilyfan

I absolutely love this picture, and I've posted it before, but what the heck it is one of my favorites!

'Shocking' - an orienpet and it seems to be comparing itself to dahlia 'Daytona'

Thumbnail by llilyfan
Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

Oh
'Shocking' has me drooling .
how did i miss that one?
I bought all there was in the world?
well my check book looks like I did .

I know just what you mean!!!!!!

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

shocking.... wow!!! rodolfa is gorgeous, too...

I found a couple more!

'Shirley' - asiatic - first year blooms

Thumbnail by llilyfan

If I hadn't had an 'educational experience' with my photo programs I would have pictures of all my lilies from last season.

a couple more spring planted bulbs 'Trinidad' in back and 'Savannah' in foreground - both asiatics

Thumbnail by llilyfan
Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

so, what did you learn NOT to do during this so-called educational experience? lol

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Here's a generic florist's lily ~
Happy Valentine's Day!

Thumbnail by Moby
Western, WI(Zone 4a)

One for Valentine's day to enjoy. Snowing to beat the cars here this morning after raining all day Sunday.
Name [Hot Lips Oriental]

Maxine

Thumbnail by Maxine

OHHHHHHHHHHH yeah!!!!!!!!!! What lovely Valentine pictures!

kooger, I learned you should not rename in one program and then look in the dominate program for those renamed pics, but the most important thing I learned was not to delete just because the main program couldn't find it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Live and learn.

Here's another one for our Valentine pleasure: I don't know the name for sure (see above) but it will surely warm you up on Valentine's. Possibly could be First Class an asiatic.

edited to change lily's name

This message was edited Feb 23, 2005 2:36 PM

Thumbnail by llilyfan
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

all are so so pretty!!! spring fever

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

Did it convert your pictures to "read only" formatt? Ours does that alot. :-|

I didn't know how to use the Kodak software that casme with my camera, so after I had saved the pictures to my documents I went and renamed them with their names rather than the file number. Then when I went back to pull up the pictures to resize and organize they could no longer 'be found' by the Kodak program. I got frustrated and deleted about half of them before I realized I could still open them with my other photo program!

By then I had forgotten which one was which as most of them were my newest and several are somewhat similar in coloring. Oh well, I learned quite a bit and hope not to make that same dumb mistake this year!

I am NOT a computer wizard by any stretch of the imagination and will have to have someone work with me once to see if we can rename the files in 1 program and still have the other recognize it.

How about something I am still sure of: Purple Sensation - oriental - doesn't the color just make you sigh?

Thumbnail by llilyfan
Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

sure does.... s i g h

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

'Sighing' here as well, lol.

Ohh, not to make it worse... but did you empty the recyle bin?- cause you can send all those pictures back to your desktop if not.

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

How bout another lily picture? One to make the winter go faster!
This is called "Honeymoon" O/T

Maxine

Thumbnail by Maxine
Hixson, TN(Zone 7a)

I am a lily lover and I have alot but don't ask me there names.Here are some pics from my garden last year.
Pink asiactic

This message was edited Feb 15, 2005 8:52 AM

Thumbnail by cceamore
Hixson, TN(Zone 7a)

pic2 Lollipop lily

This message was edited Feb 15, 2005 8:53 AM

This message was edited Feb 16, 2005 7:45 AM

Thumbnail by cceamore
Hixson, TN(Zone 7a)

Lipstick Lily

This message was edited Feb 16, 2005 7:46 AM

Thumbnail by cceamore