Lily Lovers, it is time...........

Hixson, TN(Zone 7a)

Pixies

Thumbnail by cceamore
(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

Crimsontsavo, yes, unfortunately in this case; I empty it very regularly

Maxine, I'm excited about Honeymoon, I planted it last fall, gorgeous! Does it have much fragrance?

cceamore, pretty good for not knowing their names! LOL Could your lipstick lily be Sorbet? Here's mine.

Thumbnail by llilyfan
Hixson, TN(Zone 7a)

No It is a lipstick lily(It is very tall and big bloom)if anything I got the lipstick and lollipop backwards, but some of mine I don't know the names like my pixies and some I bought in bulk but I have posted those pics so much I decided not to post them.Also that pink asiactic,I don't know it's name.I just love lilies of all kinds if I could my whole yard would be lilies!

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Lovely, pictures, everyone!! I am just drooling here.
:-)

Thumbnail by trunnels
Western, WI(Zone 4a)

cceamore, ME TOO!!!

Have 2 large beds of lilies now, but looking where to put more??
Wonder how I can pass up lily bulbs if we travel this spring.

Maxine

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Kooger,
I loved the two pictures you posted on Jan. 29th with the blue sky in the background. (sigh) Just wish we could have blue sky like that every day.

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

Aahhh...the contortionist pictures! First year blooming for me so they were rather short. I hate having my hand in the pics so the next best solution is get down to their level. :) I do like the sky background, much prettier than dirt. But if we had blue sky every day, we'd have to water a lot more! lol

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

I just noticed these this morning and had to show them off. I was very surprised to see them!

Thumbnail by mgh
Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Yeah but I would rather water more :-)

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

lol - good point!

mgh - Waaaaaaaaaaah! just frozen ground here! lucky you!

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Lilyfan, you are asking me something that I can't remember!! My memory fits on the end of a common pin head with room left over.

SORRY
Beautiful blossom on the lily thou.

Maxine

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Thank You for all the Lily pics everyone--I'm really enjoying them!

Hixson, TN(Zone 7a)

I did have them backwards so I change them.

Hixson, TN(Zone 7a)

Here is another one.Can you tell I like pink?

Thumbnail by cceamore
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Another pretty one, Celeste!

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

Lovely, you are in good company anahi loves pink also!

Dress Rehearsal - an L.A. Hybrid not pink but still quite lovely to look at.

Thumbnail by llilyfan
Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Celeste, another beauty! And Lillyfan, you're right, "quite lovely to look at."

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

You know, if a person planned it right, you could perloin Bev's, Sue's and Ron's yards all in one night! (drum, drum, drum, planning, planning, plotting.........)

Johnston, IA(Zone 5a)

Hey Laura,
Let me know when you're coming down 'cause I wanna go with you to Bev and Sue's.:-)
Ron

(We'll take 'Sorbet' with us, OK?)

Thumbnail by Iowaron
Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

It's a go!

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

What a beautiful pink picture, Ron!

Johnston, IA(Zone 5a)

Thank you Trunnels. I took the picture at our friend Teresa's garden and she identified the lily as "Sorbet". I just love her planting color scheme .
Ron

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

What is that behind the lily? Looks like dahlia but I've never seen so many blooms!

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

That is such a beautiful colour - looked at it a couple times already. Definitely feeling a big want coming over me!!

Is it a 'mum behind the lily?

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

I thought about a mum, too, Kooger. But a lily blooming when mums are in full bloom like that?

Dallas, TX(Zone 8a)

Pink aster maybe? I know they normally have yellow centers and look like a daisy, but I ran across this "powderpuff" mix and it sort of looks like that picture.

http://www.yankeeharvest.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=HSF6006

Edited to add/change a little bit!

This message was edited Feb 16, 2005 4:26 PM

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Okay but don't Asters bloom heavily in the fall, same as mums? But maybe this is a lily that blooms in the fall?

Dallas, TX(Zone 8a)

My Wonder of Staffa Aster booms midsummer through frost.

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

ahhhh, I want some of those.

Dallas, TX(Zone 8a)

3 for $12 on Springhill's site. :)

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks! I'll check it out.

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

They do kinda look like those aster pics. Ron must be off hunting down more lilies. That's a guy for you, they run and hide when you need them!! (jk, I'm sorry!)

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

How bout another PINK lily. My favorite color!!

Name "Chianti Asiatic"

Maxine

Thumbnail by Maxine
Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

hi folks, this is a great way to start the morning with these beautiful pictures. here is my tanufolium. it blooms at the end of may here, my first lilium to blossom, and although it is a tiny little one, its color is full of punch and wow.

Thumbnail by debi_z
Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

now to mid june and my lilium trumpet regal album all in a row.....those anthers are so bright!

Thumbnail by debi_z
Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

here are some asiatic 'aphrodite' in the shade. these were some of my first liliums and they are still just as beautiful to me every yeaer when they bloom. oooooooh i just loooooooooooooove lilies.!!!!! what do you say ladies?? you with me?????

Thumbnail by debi_z
Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

what a way to celebrate the 4th of july with these gorgeous asiatics. some of my other firsts, lol, from a bag of mixed asiatics.

debi z and franklin

Thumbnail by debi_z
Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Debi,
Punch and wow is right!! Beautiful tanufolium picture!

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

haven't seen one of these here yet, a white tiger. i just love how the tigers have those 3 black dots at the ends of the buds. cracks me up for some reason. would this qualify me as a crazy lady? debi & franklin

Thumbnail by debi_z
Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Hey Jamie. Just went to Garden Watchdog for Spring Hill Nursery. They have a pretty poor rating. Did you buy your asters from them?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.