Morning Glories 2020 #01

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Linda, I wish you could too. The sun finally broke out about 2 to 2.30. Was nice
while it lasted. My yard so muddy, I;m sinking down into the mud every time I go out.
I have a bucket of water near the back deck to wash off the bottom of my boots.
In places its so bad, like trying to walk in quicksand, smh
Going to Lowes and buy more bags of hardwood mulch for the worst spots.

Gautier, MS

Glad you at least got a bit of sun Jackie. I would not be happy with muddy backyard.
We got rain too and with inside pets it's a pain to watch them bring in muddy paw prints.
I haven't taken pics this morning, there's at least two blooms but not that impressive. The vine is making blooms with more blue on them. This pic is from yesterday, there was 5 blooms on the vine.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

`Lost my whole post again. Shoot!!!
Helena with no sun, the muddy places aren't drying out.
Beautiful blooms this morning, wish I had a few going, Did you say this
vine came from Azuremores seeds?? I love the way its blooms vary
Went to Wallys World last night and found a few pks of
MG seeds, A red and blue picotee in separate pks,. Sunrise Serenade, one
of the oldest doubles.and some mixed purps so I can grow a few pink purps, can;t find my pink seeds
anywhere

This message was edited Jan 30, 2020 11:50 AM

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful blooms Helena.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
Yes Jackie, that vine is from Azuremores seeds. I still have quite a few of seeds of different cultivars I bought from him. I will sow some more later on when I have a better chance of them not dyeing on me. All the stores are starting to put out seeds soils and gardening stuff for sale. I've bought seeds, soil, nice pots and started plants in baggies. I'm ready for spring but still have to get through February.
It's a start of a beautiful sunny day here. I hope you get some sun to dry your yard too Jackie.

Azuremore is not selling seeds now. I would have loved to get some of his mg seeds since you've had some beauties from him. I've ordered a few from Ebay.but
didn't need to as I still have tons of seeds I haven't started..
Yes best to hold off sowing seeds since February. can have some tricky weather.
No sun for us again today.

Gautier, MS

I wish Azuremore was still around. I hope at least I can keep some of his beauties going. I always get tempted on buying more seeds even when I have too many too.
I plan on starting some herbs this year, more salvias and tropicals.
Sorry you didn't get sun today Jackie. Hope you get it tomorrow.

Mist likely no sun again tomorrow,Maybe a few peaks Sat and Sunday.
Starts to get a little depressing
I think I;m going to soak a few Clitoria seeds to try and get a head start.
One of my favorite vines,.

Good luck with your seeds Jackie.

Thanks Linda. I love starting seeds when I have the time.
I'm just going to make time for some of these new ones I've bought
So happy I;ve made progress with some of my paper monsters, the ones that are not
family tree related.Those will need to go in a cabinet of some kind.

Gautier, MS

Glad to hear you going to start some seeds Jackie. I took my Clitoria seedling to my gh and it is doing ok, also needs a bigger pot.
It's raining off and on, gray and gloomy. Makes me feel depressed too.
I had a nice bloom from Azuremore's vine.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful bloom Helena.

A lovely bloom Helena. Do you think it could be Jamie Lynn since she also
has a blue cast to her blooms?
Last fall I sat down my 6 inch pot with 2 Clitorias in it and never found it again.
My gson raked lvs and I think he raked it up and it was buried under tons of leaves,
I tried to rake thru the stack but with no luck. So I want to get several started

Gautier, MS

Jackie, Azuremores is a Ipomoea nil and it has variegated leaves. The blooms are also medium to large blooms, but they do resembles the white and pink center.

Hope you get to start a few clitoria seeds. It doesn't take very long before the seedlings take off.

Well Azuremores is a beauty.
I hope these sds germinate of Clitoria and that they;re not too old.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. It's still has a few more blooms in the next few days then I'm sure it's going to take a break before blooming again. I hope it makes at least a seed pod or two.
Todays booms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, beautiful color on the Azuremore's blooms. The dark one is special too. .Is
the darker bloom off the same vine?
3 of my Clitoria seeds took on water so I planted them. I probably should have waited to make sure they actually sprouted.

Time for a new thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1529066

This message was edited Feb 1, 2020 9:39 PM

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. Yes, all those blooms are from the same vine.
It seems that at least one bloom at times has a darker blue tint. It has consistent blooms.

I don't know what made me post to the wrong thread

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.