Morning Glories 2020 #01

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We were here

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1525004

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread Jackie. Sorry piece of company to tell you no record of ordering, but they took your money in a hurry. Hope you get it refunded.

Linda, my bank will contest it It had been subtracted from my balance on
Tuesday.They will
in effect, return the item and refund my money. I did get to chew out the salesman today when he finally called me. Had the nerve to ask me how was everything and I just let him have it with both barrels.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie.
Hope you get everything straighten out Jackie.

These 2 blooms are from yesterday. I have buds on a new vine but they are still tiny.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

So glad you sent pics Helena. Beautiful pink and the chocolate looks
pink to me. You know I love pink :-)

I love those beautiful colors. Don't think there is a bloom color I don't like.

I agree Linda, I never met a mg I didn't like.
Last night my pink Brug opened, it only had1 bud so this 1 bloom is all it will make.
It makes me appreciate my yellow brug even more. It's had open blooms
since I bought it in Sept.
Fully open this morning
My variegated Brug, I cut the growth above the y because it was over 7 feet tall so it hasn;t bloomed since. Look at all the lvs growing on the trunk
Ochracea opening buds almost every day
Waiting on my pink Oxalis to set buds in the floor of the g house.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful healthy plants Jackie. Looks like that pink brug is pretty big.

Thanks Linda.
I've got pests after some of them, needing to spray in the worst way.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. I was away for the week end. Geesh, I feel needed with all the chores that wait for me when I'm back.

Love your pink brug Jackie, that color looks so delicate. But I don't blame you liking having more blooms from your yellow one. I like the variegated leaves on your other brug. What's the color of the blooms? Love the yellow ochracea blooms. Oxalis has neat leaves but I'm not very familiar with it.

This message was edited Jan 6, 2020 8:32 AM

Thanks Helena.
Helena, my variegated Brug makes golden blooms, very similar to my yellow I've been posting,. Both darken to almost orange
My Oxalis will have pretty little pink blooms.
I took a cutting from my ochracea vine in the g house a few weeks ago.
It has already rooted. I had tried once b4 but couldn't get it to do for'some reason.
I root nils all the time but rooting this species mg had eluded me until now,
Hope I can keep it going,
will let the roots get a bit larger b4 I pot it up. Notice this tiny piece has buds already.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

It looks very happy. You have done something right.

Linda, I hope I can grow this on to a good size. would be easier than'starting from
seeds, course I;m hoping for sds too. I have a large bee in the g house and I noticed my ochracea flowers closing early, pretty sure the bee had got to the blooms. hoping
those 2 make seeds I can harvest.

I hope you get seeds too.

Thanks Linda. If I can get several seed pods, I can share.
Since I was able to root my ochracea, I will try again this summer to root pandurata
(pandy)

Good luck with the rooting.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, glad you rooted the ochracea cutting. They look good. I like rooting cuttings too especially of rare plants, or plants that are getting old.
My only bloom today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful bloom Helena. Chocolate?

Linda, I hope I can root the pandy this summer. pretty sure I had tried before with'no luck.
Helena, I am so excited that the ochracea is rooted.. Love your
pretty chocolate bloom.
A more experienced satellite repairman came out today and now our signal hasnt
failed once. Hope this is the end of most of our reception problems.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Hope you succeed rooting pandy this summer Jackie.
Glad you have good reception now on your satellite too.
Yes Linda, that's my chocolate bloom. It bloomed again this morning.
I have mg vines needing bigger pots, starting to getting climbing on each other.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Glad you're still getting blooms from your chocolate Helena.
Hope you find time to pot up your growing mg vines so we can enjoy the blooms with you. :-)

Beautiful blooms Helena.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. wish I had more room on my windowsill. Getter the warm sun on the mgs makes them want to bloom but the cool-cold nights slows them down too.
No blooms today.

Gautier, MS

I took my 2 cactus to my gh and a jug of water. Checking on my plants, this past weekend my daughter took me to a nursery in La. I found a good clearance sale on some salvias that I couldn't pass up for 4 dollars each. They are still blooming and my 4 mgs vines are doing good too. I might still get buds and blooms eventually. A cactus that my daughter in law gave me is blooming too. It doesn't feel too cold now, we might get rain today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

I was taking a walk outside and can't believe I found 2 caterpillars, thinking they are monarchs, one on a dead rose bush the other on my milkweed plants. Surprised too that milkweed got hit by frost but started to come back with more leaves.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful salvias Helena. Hard to believe you have caterpillars this time of year.

Gorgeous Salvia blooms Helena. Love the 1st one especially for that lovely pink color and the way the blooms are displayed..
I love milkwood blooms so glad yours is putting out new growth

Gautier, MS

I am keeping an eye on the caterpillar on the rose bush, it's taking the next step. I can hardly believe it too Linda, first time I see them at this stage. The other one is still on the milkweed plant.
The collage pic of the caterpillars is the one on the dead rose bush 1st and next stage and the other on the milkweed. I had too chocolate blooms this morning too.

Great to see a caterpilar changing Helena. Hope you get to see the butterfly when it emerges
Beautiful chocolate blooms.

This message was edited Jan 10, 2020 9:55 PM

I would love to have a caterpillar here to watch.
Love those chocolate blooms.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
I hope it survives, it's a slow going I think. We still have till Feb where it probably will still get pretty cold. I have seeing where people place them in some kind of enclosed see through container for protection. But I'm not going to mess with it yet.

Gautier, MS

I'm happy with 2 nice blooms. My caterpillar on the 3rd stage. Don't know if I'll be lucky enough to see the 2nd one find his spot.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Praying the caterpillars do their thing before cold weather hits.
Those morning glories are beautiful. I love the coloring in the blue one.

The blue and white bloom is just beyond lovely Helena. The'chocolate is always gorgeous.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda. I potted up my salvia seedlings, they are in the gh now. Afterwards I checked on the caterpillar on the wilkweed still munching on the leaves. So I looked to see if I had any more and yep I found 2 more. I will wait a day or two and move them to my gh after their pupa stage (chrysalis). I googled and read up some on them. Can also feed the butterflies after they emerge in 10 to 21 days fruit juice and flowers I have in gh. I sure wish they know what they are doing. It's a little windy here by 70 degrees.

Thanks Jackie. I somehow missed seeing your post. I do like both of those blooms.

This message was edited Jan 11, 2020 7:37 PM

Gautier, MS

My Q269 cross bloom opened this morning.
I moved my chrysalis to my gh. One caterpillar left on the milkweed still, I hope I'll be able to find it went it goes to find a place to transform.

Looks like your other cat is getting ready to do his thing too,
Beautiful Q269 cross bloom Helena.
Ochracea still opening a few blooms
Last bloom from my pink brug. Her bloom just lasted 6 days or so. The yellow's blooms stayed open for weeks.
This last bloom is at least 3 weeks old.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie.
Beautiful yellow ochracea bloom Jackie. That is really neat to have a brug bloom to last so long. Always wished that my mgs lasted more than half a day or some for a day or two.

Beautiful blooms ladies. Keep posting photos of that Caterpillar. I love how they transform like they do.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda.
My Q269 was still open this morning and I like the color even better.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.