Morning Glories 2020 #01

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

A perfect bloom Helena and the color is really special.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

I love the brightness of that pink. Very pretty.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
My other 3 mgs had blooms this morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, those are beautiful.

I'm in love Helena with your soft blue and white mg.
I can't remember if you had a name for it.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Jackie, the label on the blue and white says Morning Breeze. I like the blooms too, especially b/c they are barge blooms. I'm hoping for seeds, trying to hand pollinate but not getting good results. Hopefully it will keep growing till spring.

Thanks Helena,. Now I remember that you called it Morning Breeze. Keep
trying to pollinate. I'm hoping you get seeds, its a beauty.

Gautier, MS

New blooms from this vine, from Azuremore. It's older than the others but b/c it was in laundry room it finally made buds when it joined the others on the windowsill.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Oh my gosh Helena, your bloom is beyond beautiful. One of the
prettiest mg's I've ever seen.

Helena, I agree with Jackie. Those are beautiful.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. Lots of more buds on this vine, blooms in maybe couple of days.

Looking forward to seeing them.

From 2011
Blue Purple bloom
No Sora cross
Blushing Bride ?
Weird Saz
Akatsuki no Mai

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Thanks for the photos of your beautiful blooms Jackie.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie.
I was away for the weekend so missed two blooms from this vine. Glad it bloomed for me this morning.

Beautiful blooms Helena.

Thanks ladies
Gorgeous blooms Helena. I love that vine. Hope it'
makes lots of seeds.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. I hope so Jackie.

Gautier, MS

I spend a little while untangling my mg vines this morning, then washing 10 gallon pots with a little soap and bleach and rinsing them good. Filling them with new soil, putting purpureas that can take cooler weather in the gh. I'm still going to be able keep some of the mgs in my laundry room. I just have to set it up better.
So far I missed 2 blooms in the gh of my milky way cross and one of the Ip. nil that did bloom in gh. It got down to freezing so I don't like getting out unless I have to early in the mornings.

Sounds like you have been busy.

Helena, I know you're glad you got some chores accomplished. I finally potted
up 4 of my Amaryllis bulbs too late for Christmas blooms but hopefully they might still set buds.
I go out no less than 6 times a day, taking care of my outside dog, setting the heat
in the g house and feeding the wild birds. The last few days I have froze but still have to do it, When its warm, I don't mind and enjoy it but not in this cold.
Wish I could move to a place with a sunroom, would reduce my work load

Gautier, MS

Jackie, I think you have a lot more work than I do. But do get tired of letting pets in and out of house. I wish sometimes to be free from having pets.
It wasn't real cold this morning.
Two blooms this morning, a real pretty lite blue baby color just at dawn then it gets a lighter color. My first pics were a bit blurry so I took these two at 1:30 pm.

Helena, those are beautiful. I love the soft colors.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda. I love these blooms too. This vine has surprised me b/c I was expecting a different dark color with stars.

Agreeing with Linda, gorgeous blooms Helena.I love the soft colors too.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. It still has more buds to open. Beautiful sunny day here, a touch windy but I'm outside washing more pots and getting some more of my mg young vines into the gallon pots.

Helena, glad you got quite a bit done. It was still so cold here, I couldn't have worked outside even if I wanted to. Day after day of clouds with no sun to warm us up.
I did take time to throw away some of my paper monster stacks.(genealogy) Still have a lot to go thru.

Gautier, MS

I still have the last 11 seedlings to get into bigger pots. Then I have to retry the few that didn't make it.
I'm not familiar with monster stacks. May be dumb on this but something like finding family tree?
I had 3 blooms this morning. Took pics but will take more of the same later, they seem to get lighter. It feels colder this morning, if the sun comes up it might warm it up by noon or in afternoon. I had 2 little birds birds inside my gh yesterday. Two of my butterfly chrysalis are gone. I place one in a little bug gage. The other is outside still on the milkweed and it might not make it with this cold weather.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena. Sure hope your chrysalis make it.

Lovely colors on your blooms this morning. Helena,.Could you carefully move the last chrysalis to the g house?
Helena, yes doing my family tree research created stack after stack of papers,
printed off the computer, If I stacked them all up in one stack it would be taller than me and I'm 5'9". thus paper monsters. I didn;t throw any of them away, might need them if I ever get back to my research..

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
That is interesting Jackie. I can imagine now that that is a paper monster. Hope you get to do more research.
I'm going to go move the last chrysalis to the gh now. I almost moved it yesterday but couldn't break the stem.
Same blooms from this morning but with the sun on them.

This message was edited Jan 26, 2020 8:47 AM

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Wow! It is amazing how they change colors throughout the day.

Helena, I doubt if I will ever get back to my research, it's too time
consuming. My dd works on it ever once in a while.
Hope you got your chrysalis moved..

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda. Yes, I did move the chrysalis yesterday Jackie.

Only one bloom this morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Lovely bloom Helena, I am so partial to a white bloom with the
pretty pink eye,
Ochracea still putting out blooms in the g house.
My variegated Brug, finally making a bud or two.
Look at the growth all the way up and down the trunk.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful bloom Helena. Looks like it has a very soft blue color to it?
Beautiful looking plants Jackie. Looks like your brug is very happy.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
Love your ochracea blooms Jackie. Your Brug is doing great too. I agree with Linda, looking very healthy and happy. Glad you are going to get blooms from it.
I had 5 mg blooms this morning. I like the lite pink color even though it's not a pretty bloom.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Linda and Helena.
Your blooms are gorgeous this morning Helena.
I love the color on that lite pink bloom too.
Woke up to another gloomy, cloudy day. I can';t even remember the
last time we had a sunny day.

Beautiful blooms Helena, those soft colors are so pretty.
Wish I could send our weather East. Supposed to be 80 today.

Beautiful blooms Helena, those soft colors are so pretty.
Wish I could send our weather East. Supposed to be 80 today.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.