Show us your mail orders!

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Wayside gardens?? I have not had the pleasure! Checkout The Garden Watchdog, this company has more negatives than positives. This is not a good thing. *~*

http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/c/7/

Ahhh, the Church Nursery! The only place you can find 20 babies who all have their very own grandmother! The substitute grandmothers are way better because they spoil them really good. :)

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

LOL.... seriously. That baby wasn't put down the entire hour! :)

Thanks for the info on Wayside..... somehow I have got to find that one somewhere else! But I have googled it with NO luck!~

Edited to say I googled it again today and found a few more options, most of whom I had not heard of either.... but, I did find a listing for a nursery in Little Rock that supposedly has it. I have a call into them now, so hopefully they will call me back with good news! :)

This message was edited Jun 24, 2015 8:19 AM

(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

Genna I loved your story/stories. I'm betting when your Diva has babies she will lose a bunch of that Divaliciousness (new word). Your DL will be a time marker and serve as good reminder for both of you.

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Genna, I agree with Robin. Great stories, great Diva! Hope you find your daylily! I am keeping an eye on LA, nothing yet. :)

*~*

Robin, great new word but I was really hoping, once a diva, always a diva? lol.

I remember when I had my first newborn, I had to make a choice on whether to take a shower or take a nap. I was trying to picture how difficult it would be being a Diva without showering.

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

I know right. 'UNDONE' was the word of the day. Hair, nails, clothes, dishes, maybe upside down is a better word but not Diva. LOL. I was down right scary!

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Robin = funny!

Quote from virginiarose :
I know right. 'UNDONE' was the word of the day.

Lol, that's a perfect word. : )

Mike...it's funny now...

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Thanks Robin!

Kathy, I see your new picture! Who is the handsome little man?

This message was edited Jul 29, 2015 7:27 PM

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

That is my youngest grandson. He is 21 months old

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Such a cutie!

Your grandson is adorable Kathy, I'd lose six months of sleep for him!

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Thanks everyone. We sure do love him

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Oh my! I would lose sleep for that cutie as well !

I have NEVER been a Diva - I don't have a clue where my daughter got it! I was a farm boy - tom boy for sure - who grew up in a small country neighborhood of mostly boys. There was only one other girl and we most played football/baseball/ fort or rode bikes with the boys! I can relate to the totally UNDONE state of having small children! My last two are 53 weeks apart and so there are several years of my life that are literally just a blur! LOL My daughter is definitely a diva.......loves shoes, clothes, makeup, fancy dresses.... lol! But, Robin, you are right - one of her jobs in a makeup/gift shop (merle norman) and so those days she dresses nice and has all her makeup on! But, her other job is a pharmacy tech at a hospital and on the early shift days, she just pulls her hair back, slaps on some mascara if she is lucky and heads out the door! I keep telling her she has it backwards, that if some young doc comes thru (not likely at our small hospital) that THAT is where she needs to be looking like a diva! LOL :) She doesn't buy that story- says it is highly unlikely - and isn't worth the effort that early!

I was successful in my search for Diva's Choice!! I found a nursery in Little Rock that had it on sight, and my youngest son was nice enough to go by and pick it up for me! :) It was cheaper than Wayside and I didn't have to worry about the quality of it! Currently it is in a pot, and until it cools down some (which might be October) it is going to stay in a pot! But, at least I have it now and Jessica was excited! Hopefully it will be as lovely a bloom as the one she saw on pinterest!! And, hopefully it will multiply

I'm so glad you found your 'Diva's Choice' and a better price for her too.

Genna, thanks for the story, it was a good one! Your daughter may be a Diva but she's also got her head on straight, I like her attitude! Your son is pretty precious too, what a sweetheart. Enjoy them and the ongoing saga!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Thanks Robin...... I have to brag a moment because my daughter took her PCAT (Pharmacy college admissions test - I think is what it stands for) - she was hoping for mid 70s. She took it last year during the summer just to get a feel for how it was because she gets anxiety so bad - she made a 59. Then she took 5 more courses last year that were on the test so knew her score SHOULD come up. Anyway, she was scheduled to take it last Friday and several classmates took it on Thursday morning or afternoon.... no one made above a 67 and some made in the 50s. She was a little concerned that their scores weren't higher. But I assured her that her's would come up. She had taken a practice test on line and made a 73 so we were hopeful. Then she had another friend who took it Friday morning, and she met her coming out as she was going in - the friend made a 94. So, that gave her some hope that they had at least been exposed to what was necessary to do really well on the test. She texted her brother and I to tell us what Allie had made. I texted her back and told her that meant she COULD do this! He texted back and said "ok, so you need to make a 96". Turns out she made a 96 on it!! We couldn't believe it.... and she was almost in shock! IN fact, she had ridden to the test with another Jessica that has an almost perfect gpa in college and about halfway home she said she pulled out her paper again to make sure they had given her the RIGHT one! :) The other Jessica made 59....... needless to say, she had a GOOD day!

Sorry.... just had to brag a little - she worked very hard and I am very proud of that score!

Don't be sorry about tooting your own horn, it was a lot of work getting her to where she is today. I'm proud of you Momma! Congrats to Jessica too, that's a difficult exam.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

I am also very proud of my youngest daughter. She has finished college and became a teacher while getting married, having a baby and working. She worked hard to get where she is at. Kathy

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Congrats Kathy! They put in a lot of hours for sure! It's nice to set back and feel like you did something right with all those hours we put in ourselves! :) Thanks Robin!

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Kathy your grandson is a handsome young man.
Genna your daughter was rewarded for her persistence for not settling and giving up. I am proud of her also!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Thanks Mike!

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Thanks Mike and he is expecting a baby sister or brother in February.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.