Show us your mail orders!

(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

Thanks for the info! Even if I find a great price, I get hammered with the shipping. Oh well, trials and tribulations of being an addict. You'd think that would teach me...but nooo.

St. Simon's Island, GA(Zone 9a)

I didn't get a picture. By the time I got home from work, it was too late. But I was out working in the yard today, and I have lots and lots of scapes, so it won't be long til they are in full swing!

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

LOL, shipping is important! It is a deciding factor for me even on the LA.

Cindy, I ordered twice from them in 2012 and all were true to name, they are all in the data base.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

That's good to know Susan.

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Happytail, no worries about the pics. I have lots of foliage but I have not seen any scapes. You are ahead of us all I do believe. I did find one Iris blooming yesterday, just one. It was the lone bloomer. LOL.

I got a box yesterday from 'The Growers Exchange'. I googled a plant that I love called 'Strawberry Fields' and they had them so I jumped on it without even checking with Watchdog. I bought two of them and two butterfly weeds. I am very happy with the plants and the transaction overall.

Thumbnail by virginiarose

It's like the scapes all just appeared overnight!

Ok, here is bloom #2 on the same daylily.

Thumbnail by happytail

Hah, beautiful Happy, thanks for sharing. I haven't seen any scapes yet in Michigan...still waiting...

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

happytail is in the lead with a pretty daylily! Do you know the name? I have buds all over the place in my Iris Garden, but still no scapes on the daylilies. I also had one Iris to bloom but forgot to get a pic. :(

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Happytail that's a pretty one. Thanks for sharing.

I do not know the name. Several of these I dug up from my old house, and the names were lost along the way. I noticed my Louisiana Iris are starting to bloom. This is Peaches and Wine.

Thumbnail by happytail
Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Very nice photo! My TB's are getting ready to bloom, I have about 30 and it is pretty when they all bloom at once. The neighbors start walking by a lot. LOL.

Whoa, that's beautiful too!

Here is my very first DL mail order from Gilbert H. Wild. I got a bonus couple of fans of 'Storm Warning' and bought:
'Jolyene Nichole'
'Little Grapette'
'South Seas' bogo
'Stella D' Oro' for 1.00

My total was13.50 and shipping was 7.50, I'm happy for 21.00, lol!

Thumbnail by Mipii
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Got a very nice plant from Bonnie Nichols who is Bnich on LA. Auction was for a df and she sent a triple fan. The plant was huge and looked like it had just been dug!!!!

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Robin, you made out real good!

This message was edited Jul 29, 2015 8:39 PM

It looks and sounds like the LA has better looking fans. I bet that's treading in dangerous waters.

Speaking of water...

Sounds like all you really need is a boat to get across the water to Sterrett's. No tolls and a little upper body exercise too...if you get a rowboat, canoe or kayak (not that you need exercise, lol).

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Robin, it's the Chesapeake Bay and the bridge is 21 miles long. LOL. the toll is 10.00 and according to my GPS (app on phone) it is 73 miles. I really would love to see their display garden!! Sounds like a road trip? Did you say exercise? I have not swam or rowed in years, either way I would probably sink to the bottom. LOL.

Oh yes, the Chesapeake Bridge Tunnel, it's beautiful there! I've driven the bridge and enjoyed every second of my 3 month stay in Newport News. I also had a great day at Virginia Beach. Thanks for reminding me!

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Mipii~It sure is beautiful, hopefully I will make the drive again. I live here and have only been over to the Eastern Shore one time and that was for a wedding.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Happy belated Mother's Day ladies!!
You ladies have me laughing real hard. Well there will be more blooms for you all to post later this year.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Thanks Mike, I had a great day!!!

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Thanks Mike, it was wonderful!!

Thanks Mike, did everything I wanted to do in the garden then had an ice cream cone! It was a perfect day, lol!

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Good news indeed!
I got some hardy glads and some kniphofia in a trade with a sweet lady here on DG. I also got a couple Harlem Oriental Poppy, Fragrant Cloud Honeysuckle. Got a few more things coming. No daylily in the bunch so far. That's funny!!

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB

Wow, those look so good! Is there such a thing as being Daylily saturated?

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

YES!

Lol :o

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Quote from HazelCrestMikeB :
Good news indeed!
I got some hardy glads and some kniphofia in a trade with a sweet lady here on DG. I also got a couple Harlem Oriental Poppy, Fragrant Cloud Honeysuckle. Got a few more things coming. No daylily in the bunch so far. That's funny!!

Mike, that is funny! No daylilies? You are loosing it!

They are real nice looking plants Mike. :)

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Can't wait to see them bloom. Going up to 65°f today and near 80 tomorrow with rain coming tonight. Going to get the rest of the plants in the ground this morning. Soaking some Cardinal Climber seeds right now to plant in pots tonight. Cutting grass this morning to finish up what I started yesterday.

We can't wait to see them bloom either Mike, keep working hard! Lol.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

LOL, ROBIN!! I will.

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

I am trying not to work hard, but I ordered perennials from several companies and got little three inch pots. Now I get to re-pot these then baby,and water them all summer till they are big enough to plant out! What was I thinking? I sure will not do this anymore, I am thinking that if my winter-sowing had been successful I would have about 50 plants to baby and water all summer. Now I am very glad they did not sprout, I do not need anything else to baby. LOL.

Mike, you got any extra seeds for Cardinal Climber?

Babies are a lot of work and I can't stop making them either. I know the first step is to admit I have a problem.

Oh well.

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Yes, they are fun and we are always so proud. If that is a problem then I guess we all have it. I admit I need a twelve step program but if I did not have so much going on I would baby each one, they are my plant children.

I have gotten my box from Blueridge on the LA, it was big and heavy too. I purchased 12 daylilies and I think he sent as many bonuses. LOL.

Thumbnail by virginiarose
Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

The daylilies that I purchased from Gilbert H. Wild and Son are really starting to take off now that we are having some rain showers. Can 't wait to add more daylilies and other flowers to the new spot. It will be really nice to look out my window when I am on the computer and see all the blooms instead of grass growing in the field.

Kathy

Those are beautiful looking fans from Blueridge Susan, you sure know how to pick 'em!

Kathy, why would you want garden when you're got perfectly good grass (my DH would ask)?

I started with a small patch and slowly crept into the lawn. I have a few neighbors that have no grass at all, I'm sure he's horrified his yard will turn into that mess.

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Thank you Robin,
I found him by accident on eBay about four years ago and I purchased from him there, then Blooming Auction, then LA twice. I do not shop for plants on eBay anymore because the buyer protection runs out after 90 days and they delete everything. I do not know of many things that will bloom in that short time. There are lots of sellers that take advantage of this loop-hole and sell plants that are not true to name. Not so with Blue Ridge, I have never had one of his bloom wrong.

We all know about the creep.....

Kathy, these plants will multiply so you can divide and replant them all over the yard till there is no grass!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

LOL....so Kathy your husband LIKES mowing the yard?? I think mine would be fine with no lawn, but I am afraid he thinks he might have to help work the flower beds! We mow about 4 acres so I think he would rather stick to riding the mower than weeding. :)

We did visit a DG friend's back yard in South Louisiana over spring break - her yard is 100% landscaped.... there is NO grass. Just rock path ways and beds everywhere. He come home thinking we were going to do that in our back yard but I can't see me holding out to that!

Those pics of all those DLs are so exciting..... I have been sooo good and not purchased any new ones for this spring. But it sure is hard. I have tried to focus on some other plants which I needed to add some variety.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

I can't wait until I am able to divide them and add more to the new flower bed, as for a husband, I have been on my own for 21 years except for the kids and as I only have a push mower my son would probably like it if I put all the back yard into flowers. I am not taking out any of the yard, just part of the old tobacco field that has started growing up with weeds. My Dad said that it would look better with tobacco planted but there is no way that he could do that any more and I have had enough of it to last me a life time so flowers it will be.

Kathy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.