'APRIL" 2015 QUEEN "13TURTLES"

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Good day all, and thank you Betty! And it has been a good year of building community. Even though many of us (you) knew many of us before, this has felt like a net of sisterhood. It is noticed when anybody drops out of sight, and we have been able to support each other through some of the rough stuff life dishes out. As well as celebrating joys.

I spent the weekend at my stepdaughter's, working in her garden. I had very spotty Internet access there. I enjoy the work, and I got a "holy moly!" from her, but it would be nice to get a thank you. I keep hoping that as new stuff begins to show thank yous might follow. Hasn't worked yet, but maybe...

It's raining now, time to go home, see how the peas are getting on. I wish everybody a calm and golden day. Hopefully I can keep this post until it goes through!

Ocean Springs, MS

Turtles, you said it from the heart... a sisterhood! Don't know what I'd do without all of you. I had a really bad night Saturday and spent almost an hour in the tub crying. I wanted to call someone but didn't want to bother anybody. Got so much going on right now and no one to talk to.

Been raining here for 3 days and forecast calls for more rain this week. The mosquitoes are already bad here! Next sunny day, I have to rid the yard of any containers, etc. where they can breed. Grass is high... needs cutting, but too wet!

Babies are all doing well. Growing! Starting to interact with us! :)

Have a good night! ♥

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Julie, you sound like me, I really have no one to talk to and don't want to burden the kids when they have their own things going on in their lives. Usually mine is after I am in bed and no one can hear me.

It is nice to know that there are people on here that really care about one another. Thanks for being there for me with my health issues, Kathy

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

You all are great & it is nice to be able to talk things out with someone just to get another point of view to see that there are ways of changing the situation sometimes :)
trying to get my laundry done this morning so I can play in the garden this afternoon & find a few things for our Queens garden :) It is suppose to be nice this weekend so I hope to have a Spring sale & Try to D-CLUTTER .

you all have a great day & If anyone Needs to chat Just send me your Ph # I can can ya .

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

You're going to CAN us Susie?!?!? Does that mean you're going to fire us or put us in little glass jars? 😯 😃

It's supposed to be thunder storming here but instead it's as sunshiny as could be. That's powerful magic there Betty. :~) thank you! April is a lovely month to be Queen, although I gather every month has been lovely for our Queens. I sure hope so.

Okay, by the time I put my boots on and got to the door it was raining. Go figure.

I hope you all have wonderful days no matter the weather!

guess i was in a hurry this morning to enjoy the sun shine :)
been a busy day cleaning out my potting shed .
laundry, & burning grass/weeds. so its time to lay back will
bb in the morning for coffee chat.

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

I am so enjoying using my Betty-bag! It's a marvel, I love being organized.

Glad you got outside Susie, that's much more important than mere typos. It sounds like you got a lot done. And I will enjoy anything that comes from your garden!

I imagine the enter realm is sleeping, and so soon shall I be, just a little bit more watering to do. I have about 3-400 seedlings, which isn't a lot for some people, but I have to schlep them in and out of the kitchen and juggle them as to which ones are going to get which light or hotbox each day. I'm enjoying it, but I really need to get some shop lights so I can use shelves out in the little canning shack.

So good night and good morning everybody.

Gm all yes i have been out soaking up some sun it has seem to Help my Mood but not my Head cold / Sinus still very Plugged up. Just need the Sunlight :)

I want to have a sale Friday & Sat going to be in the 70's & so I need to go take a few Pictures so i can set up my Garage sale ad . & I hope to get out queens Box out today :)))

Gee this Month is Half over , I Hope you all have a Great day Planned please be well I Will be back Later this eve .

evening all well just came in I just cannot do any more my body just will not let me . so I put my super in the oven ,
went out closed up the chicks & I'm done for the night .

this is what I did today My new seed Bed going to get a good rain by morning so I'm sure I can plant my seeds on Fri & I have 4 sheets of 24"x4' Glass to lay on top so it should work like a Mini GH :)) this is an old Bed frame my Brother got from somewhere & thought I could use it :) Just hope it works :))).

Well my queen I got your Box in the mail today no plants this time I will owe you the plants when u see in the box u will see why I did not ad plants . sure hope you will like & can use :) .

well my super is done & My dog is staring at me Like to say come on I'm Hungry to :) she followed me around the yard today :) Have a great eve ev1 chat tomorrow .

Thumbnail by deejay9
Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Can't wait Susie! And your bed frame idea sounds super-smart, I look forward to your progress reports.

I am just starting my day. It took me until 3:30 this morning to finish taking care of the plants. But it's sunny again!

I hope everybody is outside enjoying the outside!

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Morning Queenie, I got your box packed last night! :) Gonna get this bird taped and ready for the royal post today. Hope its a beautiful day for you! xx

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Morning Baddie! It's a very sunshiny day today -- and I think it still will be when I get to the door! I look forward to the new arrival! (Judging by my exclamation marks I'm feeling good, lol)

I was actually up til 5:00 with an insulin reaction (as we called them in the 60s) but what the heck, I'll go as far as my energy will go. It's sort of like being on the end of the hose - I can't quite get to the farthest back hosta, but hey, it's making it on its own.

Maybe I'm just punchy. 🌞

Hope you're all out getting some vitamin D going. Hugs to all who want them. And I'm not Lucy; I don't charge 5cents!

Ocean Springs, MS

Got a few minutes to check in. Things are a little better. Looking forward to April 28- the day my youngest daughter and I leave for her graduation trip to Salem and NYC! That's what is keeping me sane right now. I love my grandbabies, but my feelings toward my oldest daughter and SIL is full of resentment right now because they are taking advantage of me. I try to help, but they just expect too much of me.

Still raining here. Ready for some sunshine! Ready to be outside! :)

Hope everyone is doing well. If you need me, just dmail your number! ♥

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Julie, it is your home, and it sounds like it is time to put your foot down, and set some rules. Shame on them for demanding more from you.

DItto to what LK Said , Its hard but i had to do it here Jim;'s Kids were Bringing their friends Plus People from the shelter
to spend 2-6 Nights a week Plus her brother & His 2 kids everyone was smoking & throwing their butts in my Gardens so I put a stop to any more roomers Jim would not say anything to them yet he crys to me it cost so much to make ends meet .
so I PUT a Stop to it & Told the kids that WHEN THEY GET THEIR OWN Place they can take in who ever they want .
theres my vent for the week :))) feel better :) HEHE.

Well I Have my sale set up Jims taken my signs down to the end of the road in the morning on his way to a job.
so all i have to do is take off the tarps :)) Zoey was a big help
she said if she had the money she would bye it all :)

Well my friends I truly need a shower & get this body to bed. my Leg hurts bad tonight . & I still have to go place my ad yet . so GN all will try to get back on tomorrow .

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Ditto again to LK and Suse. You're not the one who decided to have three new kids. Are you charging them rent?

Zoie has a sweet heart. I hope your sale is super successful. I'm sure if I could get there I'd say the same thing as Zoie! Let us know how it goes, after you take care of yourself. Let's hope you get some really good sleep tonight too.

Rough time with insulin reactions today. Blood sugar too low at 5 am, 587(!) at noon, then too low again almost as soon as I got outside. Phooey. I should have sent my sunshine to you Julie; it was wasted on my plot since what it really needs is some rain. I guess the weather gods weren't taking requests today.

Queeny you take care of the BP Nothing to fool with off to take the rest of my things out to the table I have 1 hr before the rush
5 gals coming out this morning so u all have a great day
will chat at noon :) if i can .

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Does anybody know if Alana, Patti, Kathy, Crystal and Kris are okay?

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

I'm here, just busy with problems with my grandson. He is bi-polar, adhd, and has pts
went in a manic episode at school last week, and has been home this week with strep throat

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Oh heavens Kathy, that must be awhole lot to deal with. I'm sorry. Thanks for checking in. I hope your health is good.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

I'M FEELING MUCH BETTER, THANKS. JUST STRESSED OUT OVER MY GRANDSON

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

I can only imagine!

Afternoon all sale is going great Sold Most of the Big stuff .
just1 dresser left & a 5 tier metal shelf left then its just smaller items & what dose not sell by tomorrow will be given to the church to raise money for their youth group .

ya all be well jo good to see ya sorry about GS chat later after the sale .

DONE FOR the Day going to go put on my Night shirt & lay back with my Lap top :) so will be back soon .

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Rest well, dear Queen-Elect.

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

That yard sale business is a lot of work! Glad to hear you did well Susie! I usually end up with more junk than I started out with.Lol From all the family and friends who drop stuff off.
Hope you are well Queen Turtles. I have been on a weed pulling rampage, and my back is aching, so I have called it a day.

gm all still a little dark in here so if i have typo's forgive me :) my legs hurts the most this morning from the swelling pour circulation in my left leg & My Knee can get bigger then a foot ball :(
glad today is my last day. i sure hope i won't have much left today will be 1/2 off so sheets sets $1. Blankets $2,50 garden books the Hardcover ya pay $30-$40- for I had $5,on them so going to bring them back in i can still use them :) 3 boxes of really nice Artificial flowers I may pot them & put in the Ground .
sorry for rattling guess I'm thinking to myself as to what to do with the rest so i do not have to bring back into the house I have room to move & it feels & Looks Great :))) this is DECLUTTERING :) i'm sure in time i will need something & Remember i sold it RRRRRRR,

well its 7 am my coffee is gone & I need to get moving ya all be well & I will check back in later .

Queen I hope your Royalties arrive today as conf says & you will have a spot to place it :)))

Have a royally wonderful day Your Majesty!

Is it just me or does the Post Office hate everyone? Dear Queen, i will send your box out soon.... sigh....

The P.O. definitely has issues.

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Good morning all and thank you!I hope it's as sunny in your lands as it is here. Elfie I think you have the worst luck with the PO of anybody - I saw your post on Queen Badcat's thread. Good grief. But don't stress about the packages. Our adrenal glands don't need that!

Hmm, but speaking of stressing and packages, did you ever receive my two packages? One came from my house in Springfield, and one was sent direct to you.

Susie I hope your sale ends quickly and that you can get off that leg. And that nothing but garden books go back in your house! I'm impressed you can even think about letting some of those go. You'd have to tear mine out of my hands, I think. I hope Princess Zoie is still helping out.

Weeds await,, and I think my lettuce sheet got blown off last night. I'm ready for things outside to start poking up, well, besides weeds I mean. Have a good afternoon everybody!

what a day 3 pm was the last one to leave & I'm open till 6 pm
have 2 ladies coming back out to dig plants , I Don't have Much left out there at all Just popped some chicken strips & Tatter tots in the oven so hungry didn't get Breakfast every one started driving in at 8:30 when I took the sign down to the end of the road .
so upset a lady wanted me to hold a dresser & Desk she said she would be out by 3 pm I came in to check why she has not been here & she backed out so Now I lost the sale of them .
so going to go relist them & maybe the other lady will come back that wanted the dresser anyway .
off to eat my BKF & Lunch BBL oh did ya get your box today if not then Monday U Know the PO :(

evening all sale is OVER I'm Burnt to a crisp anyone any ICE CREAM ??? Made a whopping $306, almost Everything Sold .
Had a few clothes left , 2 Boxes of Xmas Items , & 2 boxes of odds & end dishes & Nicknacks so the gal that came after the Dresser & Desk That the other lady didn't take when I held them for her all day RRRRR anyway she took the 4 boxes & going to put them in their Church sale In Aug So wonderful day Didn't have to haul anything back in the house at all :) My SIL came out to see how empty my place is now Oh I still have a few boxes yet to go through & I told that lady I will call her when I get them sorted & she can have for their sale :)

I'am so so tired & Burnt Off to the shower then to Bed & get my legs up I might get on my lap top if The shower wakes me up :))) . if now then Back in the morning :)

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

I got my second box! And wowee Susie! Things just kept coming out of the package!, it was all very thoughtful of you, I thank you. 😊 Let's see, there was a tractor, with attached clock, thermometer and hygrometer, seeds and more seeds, a big notebook of crafty gift ideas along with a package of sculpey and some sweet wood buttons, and flipflops, and a nice card.

I'm so happy to have a tractor! I'd really love to have it in the veggie part of the garden (of course), but I think it needs some protection. I'll work it out. And I was wanting to try rattlesnake beans, and they appeared, voilá.

Sorry my pictures are lousy, I'm not very stable. Anyway, I like the stuffed glove hands project, and the seashell candle one made me think of you Elfie. Thank you again Susie!

Grrrr, the pics keep appearing sideways, even after retaking the photos in vertical mode. Sorry!

Thumbnail by 13Turtles Thumbnail by 13Turtles Thumbnail by 13Turtles Thumbnail by 13Turtles Thumbnail by 13Turtles
BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Glad the sale is over susie!! Sorry about the inconsiderate woman :/.

Beautiful box Turtles!!! Love that tractor!!

Gm Wow My Body Just let me out of bed 8:30 I 'm Not Slept that long in Months :) ,

Queen: Happy to see all arrived safely I Turned a couple of your Pictures for ya :) I Also loved the Planter Idea & wanted to send a Painted clay pot with chicks-n-Hens but with my luck it would be Broken before it got there. that is why I went this route. with the tractor & I thought it was neat with the outside clock for sometimes i lose time in the gardens & late for a Meal :) Hehe like i really need one . anyway so happy you like .
if you was closer I would love to share my tractor with you.

well now its cooler today I'm going over to my friend pats place & get my Plants out of her basement now that I Have more room here in the house , I get get them started before putting them outside . u all have a great day I will be back later .
will also try to get Out Next Queens Thread up Much later today or tomorrow .

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Susie, that is an awesome box of goodies you sent Turtles!

TY LK I Sorta Cheated thou as for the Graft Book My friend Pat gave it to me she gave me 2 but i could not fit both of them in the box as you all Know by Now I'm not a TRUE Craft Person & I have been DOWNSIZING My House so I shared with book :) & when I saw the tractor Clock not sure why I trully thought of turtle so had to send ,& as for the flip flop again given to me by a friend & I cannot wear FF's.

I Have my last load of clothes in the washer & I'm going to go play outside for awhile it is Nice but rain moving in for later & We need it Baddly .

so off to finish my Lunch Then out to play .

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Sharing's good -- things find the places they really belong and don't cause CLUTTER! It's what we (the human race) did before money was 'invented.' It really appeals to me,; you got the right Queen for "cheating" on! 😎

TY for being so Kind :) rain is on the way so i had to come in But before i did I took a few pic's of some of my spring Flowers that are in Bloom. & a couple of my Hens -N-Chicks thought i would share .

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.