'APRIL" 2015 QUEEN "13TURTLES"

Ocean Springs, MS

Yes, Turtles, her graduation trip. We are going to Salem, MA, for 3 days. She is into the fantasy and mystical. And she is intrigued by the witch trials. She is a strong advocate for individuality and being treated equally no matter who or what you are. Salem has such a unique history that fascinates her. Then on to NYC for 2 days to see Empire State building, 9/11 memorial, Statue of Liberty, Central Park, and some unique shops she found online. We leave April 28 and come home May 5. Looking forward to it! :)

Queenie, have a good day! ♥

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Sounds like a great trip! Enjoy!

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

are you flying or driving ?
sounds like a great trip ;

Ocean Springs, MS

We are flying to Boston Tuesday, from Boston to NYC Saturday, then home on May 5. I tried to get a rental car to drive from Boston to NYC but it was just too much trouble. I am so excited! Girl trips are the best!

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Ooh, I got the neatest colorFUL box today! What fun, a bedazzled Turtle - the bestest kind - and a multicolor scarf! I love those yarns that gradually change color. Thank you so much Julie!!! And there is a Bolt-type bus that goes from Chinatown Boston, which is where I lived, to Chinatown NY. It gets there in just over half the car-driving time and is a blast. It's a fun part of NYC to start from too.

You two are going to have so much fun I can hardly stand it, lol!

And thank you again. I let Turtle have the scarf for the picture but in actuality I put it on as soon as it left the box.

Thumbnail by 13Turtles

nice box been weeding today & Can hardly Move so off to the shower & laying back for the night . GN all

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Very nice box from Julie. She ,makes such beautiful scarves

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Yes it's really lovely, and surprisingly warm for such delicacy. Just what's needed this week.

Ocean Springs, MS

Thank you all for the compliments on the scarves! I love making them; it only takes about 45 minutes! Turtles, I bought the turtle on sale after Christmas. He's been waiting to go to his new home since January! I'm happy he's home now! Love, Julie ♥

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

That's verycool Julie. With all the jewels I. Thought he was a she, but either way heshe looks happy here. I think I'm going to let him be the greeter at my front door, where I can change out her flowers from week to week. 💜

Love that turtle, and scarf!

Gm Little cloudy here this morning but Not the rain they said we were going to get so maybe I can get Jim to get my roof on my Pavilion this weekend I Hope . Seem it rains, or is to cold.
or he had another Job. we did get a few more boards on yesterday till he was called away .

as for this morning I'm going to go out & burn some weeds
& clean out the potting shed so i can restock :) still a little hard to move so it is going to be a slow day :) .

Hope your day goes well Queeny:)

Heavy rain and large hail predicted here today. No work outside for me! Nasty Weather system coming our way. I hope Your Majesty and all of your loyal subjects has/have a wonderful day. I am off to work this morning, and hope to stay dry. lol

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Thank you both. It is supposed to be lightning storms today, but there hasn't been as much rain as predicted on any day yet, so hopefully I can scoot to the store without freezing my britches off. It sounds like you have the right idea Annette.

If it does rain (but no lightning) it'll be the perfect time to burn off some sod where I'm going to put a large (tree sized) pot. I'll have the hose running too of course. I have a lovely trellis for the pot and I'm going to grow Improved Runner Beans. I may put Kathy's clematis in there too.

Between my house and my neighbor's there are 4 lanes of black pavement, and it's bleak! So I'm going to position the pot at the edge of my lawn area to create some alive color with height.

I hope everybody has some kind of wonderful day no matter your weather.

Morning everyone. Sounds like everyone has or is going to get rain. We had rain and hail last night. No damage to my plants though.

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Apparently some folks aren't finding my last name, although some folks are. I just made sure Susie has it in case anyone else has trouble. I thought Julie was just being cute when she addressed her package to Turtle Turtles! Sorry for any trouble.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

glad you liked your clematis

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

My place would not let me use Turtle Turtles, lololol.
Turtle Queen should receive my gift next week.
Have a safe weekend.

Ocean Springs, MS

LOL... I looked up your address in the exchange and printed the label online. So that's why it was addressed to Turtle Turtles!

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Made me chuckle. I've now added my last name to the address whatchamacallit, didn't realize it wasn't there. 😱

Thanks Kathy.

I have new germination mix so I get to play with my 300 babes tonight. And FINALLY! my front pit soil is ordered and arriving Monday. Ahh, April is glorious.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Sunshine day here, 1st day in a few weeks I've been up and felt like I can achieve something
So dear Queen, I've enjoyed looking at the boxes of goodies coming in..some treasures for sure!

same here betty Sunshine but it is very cold here this morning went out to let the chickens roam in the sunshine but charley followed me into the house he's sitting here by my chair :)
he had his cat food :) just a little spoiled . I have to go into town today & pick up a few more cans For him :)

well I may also find my way over to the old Homestead where I grew up My Niece was Hired By the new owners to remodel she posted a few pictures for me on FB but hard to tell what room is what by pictures & the changes so I just have to go look. so maybe a great Sunday drive :) .

wishing you all a great day BBL

Queen Turtles I thought the missing last name was just part of your mysterious charm. lol
I hope you have a wonderful day!
Well we survived the storms with very little damage so far. Parts of the state had tennis ball sized hail. Oh boy! I am glad we missed out on that. I hope everyone has an awesome day!

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Aw shucks Annette! Lol. Sure glad you missed the tennis balls. I've ever seen hail like that!

Betty it's really good to see you. I hope you keep feeling better. You must get 3 or 4 Christmases a year!

How are you feeling about the changes to your old home Susie? I think I would feel mixed, curious and sad, if I'd gotten t o grow up in one place. I hope you enjoy the drive, providing your vehicle has heat!

Hope everybody is enjoying whatever's on your plate for today. (I've got last night's roasted beets on my mind!)

Victoria Harbour, ON

Always Christmas for me, either giving or receiving

Hoped I'd make it through the entire day, not, Greg my eldest came and got the cover on the gazebo while I watched, washed some lawn furniture then inside,,now I'm comfy in bed, Thinking of nap'ing

Lordy, hard to believe we'll soon be in May!

well i didn't make it over to the house Just still to cold for this old lady & Wanda had to take one of the kids somewhere , so we are going to meet over there On tuesday if all goes well.

going out & close the chicks in for the night & then Have my super , so u all have a nice evening . BB In the morning .

Gm 7:45 am ,just checking to see who the early birds are :)
On my way out soon for my Blood draw , & to pick up so potting soil,I want to get a couple of my hanging baskets ready to plant for mothers day & fathers day for my parents graves.

so if any of you have any petunia, geraniums, or other neat fillers vines ect that you have in your Gardens or that you have started from seed & Like to share that is great with me :).

well i need to get going so that my doc will get my result today & I will know what is causing the head throbs maybe :)

be back soon .

Susie, have your blood pressure checked.

Ocean Springs, MS

Thinking of you, Susie! Praying for relief! ♥

Leaving on my trip tomorrow. I'll be checking in from time to time. The succulent swap is still open if anyone wants to join!

Queenie, enjoy your last days as queen and treat yourself! ♥

Our Queen still has 3 full days I'm in no rush to take over :)
Doctors office just called My Blood protime is 1.1 so very thick will to thick for my body I could form a clot. so I Just have to dbl up on my coumadine tonight & tomorrow then go have it checked again Monday .

Julie I hope you have a fun & safe trip take lots of pic's :)

it was to cool to play outside so I stayed in ,dusted & Mopped
got my laundry done so not a wasted day :)

off to put my chicks in ya all have a nice evening .

Hey hey where is everyone Guess your all tired out from your gardens already , Thats what we get for being lazy all winter right ???
gotta great Idea Next winter maybe we should form a
Group & go to a warmer climate & start our own little
winter Garden community :)))
well jim Just came in he' going to pick up my new outside Pluming so i can have a hose on my side the House & Not have to drag 300 ft of hoses around :)

going to be warmer today I hope that I can get a few things done around here you all have a great day , will try to be back @ Lunch time :) if i remember to eat :)

Victoria Harbour, ON

dropping in with sunshine for our Royal "Queen"
rare in my neck of the woods but will share
Hope your day is special in every way!

Susie, bonus, anything that makes gardening easier.
Landscaping company is suppose to come today to rake all the gardens, here's hoping they will seeing as it's a sunshine day

Morning everyone, I am here. I too am getting ready to go the garden. All I need to do, is get all my angel trumpet cutting in bigger pots, and I will be done. I think...

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

LK, do you have an extra cutting? haven't had an angel trumpet since I bought this house

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Queenie people I ordered one of your gifts from screwed up and sent it here instead of the "ship to" address :/ Im sorry, Its going back in the mail!!! hugs!!

8th Annual red white and blue swap is open.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1392629/

My Queen, your Royal box will be going out tomorrow, if all goes according to plan. I meant to get it in the mail today, but didn't make it. A thousand apologies, Your Majesty!

Mine is going out tomorrow as well.

Our Queen Must be haven computer problems , Or I Hope that is all , & has not fallen ill as so many of us have .
thank you all for the Up date as to your Mailing Your Boxes . this Month has really went By so fast.

Today is My Niece Pennie's B-day so I'm going to go call her before she takes off for the day :) she Lives in San Antonio Tx,
so I don't get to see her Much.

ya all have a great day will try to get back soon .

Ocean Springs, MS

Checking in before we head to Salem for the day. High here is 53 today but full of sunshine! Brrr... cold to this Southern gal. LOL

Hope you all have a good day! Be back tonight! :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.