FEB 2015 QUEEN OF THE MONTH "MUD_ELF"

Victoria Harbour, ON

Won't you have fun Queen Elfie opening up all those treasures next week!

I played hooky today!! Did nothing but read books on my ipad! Now my eyes hurt, and everything is kinda blurry,,lol

So excited to get a box or two or three!!

Susie please note that Crystal gave me my gifts! Breakfast, towels, clothes and lots of hugs!! A a nice bit of lumber towards our building projects to boot!! Very nice gifts for me!! I would take pictures but my phone is not acting right. I will try to post some tomorrow.

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

well noted kris will give her a smile ;) Winter wounderland here this morning. so I'm just going to stay in & watch it snow .
you all have a great day.

Forgot to say Happy valentines day to all .

From MICHIGAN

Thumbnail by deejay9
Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Happy Valentine's Day to Your Majesty and all her royal court! It is going to be be a cold one here too. 7 degrees tonight with wind chills around -10 :(. A not so very subtle reminder that it is still Winter.
Weather guy says we will have a 15* drop in temps in the space of about 1 hour this afternoon. BOOOO! This is not something you want to hear when you have a greenhouse to heat! Wish me luck with that! Low temps and high winds are an ugly combination.
I best be going to the gas station for some kerosene. It looks to be a long night on this end of the kingdom or should I say Queendom! Stay warm everyone, cuddle up with your sweetheart!

Victoria Harbour, ON

bundle up, it's cold out there your Majesty..well, perhaps not in your neck of the woods

wishing all a happy valentines day..

for those without a sweetie know you are OUR SWEETHEART

Ocean Springs, MS

Happy Valentine's Day, my Queen! What thoughtful and generous gifts from Crystal. :)

Betty, please know that all of you are my Sweeties! Love you all ♥

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Ditto that. You are all one sweet bunch.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Happy Valentines day everyone!

Does anyone know how to crochet. I need someone to make a small crocheted elephant for my daughter in law.

My grandma tried to teach me when I was a child, but I couldn't sit still long enough to learn any more than the basic stitch, lol. Sorry LK, I can't help you out.

No problem, I just thought I would ask.

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Susie or Julie maybe?

Also, Linda, you'll find it if you go to Etsy and search for "amigurumi elephant." Good luck!

I looked at etsty. They want $120.00 for one that is about an inch long.

Maybe I should have tried harder to learn, if they are fetching that kind of price! lol

That is pretty pricey!

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Happy Valentine's Day everybody

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Wow, Linda, I've seen better there at some time, but wow that price just blows me away. Feel like I oughta apologize for suggesting it!

Thank you kat.

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Wow, Linda, I've seen better there at some time, but wow that price just blows me away. Feel like I oughta apologize for suggesting it!

Thank you kat.

Forgot to hit send, so I'll just continue.

Linda, I found dozens of amigurumi elephants between $4 and $30. I started taking pictures of each one, until I realized how many there were. So here's a picture of my search on etsy,com. I used the search terms "amigurumi elephant".

Thumbnail by 13Turtles

Thanks, I will go look again!

LK I have never crocheted a animal of any type but I would try for you I do not have any Grey so it would have to be a yellow, lt green,dk or royal Blue, or Purple . & it will not cost anything or maybe Pecan next time you come North :))))
Pick a color & I will play today :)
My door is frozen shut so i won't be going out in this -7* weather anyway .

Just gotta sweep & Mop then done to play may you all have a warmer day .

Victoria Harbour, ON

-41 in my neck of the woods, several of DG's northern states and areas around me are having same..went to town, what ever possessed me to do so, bones were screaming 'lordy wah, lordy wah' talk about cold..

those of you in sunshine, enjoy for us who are in deep freeze

here is hoping your majesty you are warm, comfy and enjoying your day

Thanks for offering Susie. I already have someone working on it.

Very frozen Royal Elf here.... Been working on something special... Hope to have pictures by tomorrow night.

Going back to work,,,,,,

Frozen elf is not good, you need to bundle up!

Ocean Springs, MS

Linda Kay, I've never crocheted an animal before either. I'm glad you found someone who can help. If it doesn't work out, let me know and I'll get in touch with a friend of mine who can crochet almost anything.

Queen elfie, please stay warm!

Betty, I can't even imagine -41! The coldest I ever experienced was 2 degrees with wind chill of -16 last year the day Caden was born! And that chilled me to the bone!

Rain and cold weather on the way here but nothing like up North! Y'all stay warm! ♥

How in the world do you cope with -41 temps Betty? I am still reeling from the -10 wind chill here! We are lucky that we are only expecting 1 ft of snow, rather than 6 ft. like the Northeast has had. Still 1ft. is a LOT for us to get in one whack. I hope you all stay warm and dry during all this. Even the National news said that KY is going to get the worst of this particular snowstorm, I don't care for the sound of that.
I went and filled up the propane tank for my emergency heater and got kerosene for the extra heater in the greenhouse in case we lose power. So hopefully, I am as prepared as I can be . Maybe they are mistaken ,but it pays to be prepared, in any case. Stay warm Your Majesty! Maybe a hot toddy would warm you up?

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Sendıng warm hugs all y'all's way. I was out gathering sunlight today, so I have it to pass on. The flip side of this is that I'm having to WATER my garden because we are not getting enough rain. Weird.

With any luck, Queen Elfie, your enthusiasm for your art is helping you keep warm.

LK, glad you found something. :~)

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

I am here, your Majesty. had that quilt making this weekend. It just about wore me to a frazzle. And I am about half done I would say. Got the top pieced is all. And I know the people helping me were ready to scream. They must love me or they wouldn't have been so kind. I will post pics when it is done. But I doubt I will have any time this week. I have my Olli classes and other regular stuff, and I am trying to get to plant some seed in the greenhouse. Spring will be here before I know it, but is not in evidence today. Plus I have 3 poetry workshops,etc that I want to go to if I have enough energy.
Weather talked briefly about a little sleet and flurries several days ago, but the closer we get to tha arrival of this winter event, the less they talk about any wintry precipitation. I just wish we would get more rain. It is still pretty dry to be heading into spring.
I also feel the specter of the IRS lurking around in the background.

On a non-gripping front, my nephew is getting out of the hospital today.

Can't wait to see your quilt top, and I am glad to hear your nephew is dong better.

I stayed warm! If it was -41 here I would go stay with Crystal until it warmed up!!! No way I could deal with that! I hate it when it drops under 50 degrees!!!

But really being a little cold is great for my clay as when it gets to hot it is a mess to work with. This summer I will be working with and ice chest to keep it cool enough to work with,,, lol.
I really hope to finish a couple of things today. Of course that means getting out of my nice warm bed,,, hummm,,,

Be back this evening with an update,,,,

Sorry Kris No Boxes for you today Its President Day , Forgot that . So You will have to wait one more day UNLESS Your Post office is open :))) today :)
Ok here is what I Have been doing this morning I had these eggs that were getting to old & No one wanted any so I cracked them open this morning pitched the egg yolks Kept the shells so i can plant a few seeds waiting for zoey to get home so she can plant the seeds , I do not want to be in trouble :).

& this is Jack & Minnie Playing in their dirt box Sun shinny today Just very very cold so I let them come in & enjoy a dirt bath :)
Now ya Know why I do not have carpet :))
after these 2 are done I will let Charley & One of the other girls take their bath :) I Know I spoil my critters Just a little bit :) well to get the egg shells filled with dirt & ready for zoey ya all have a great day

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Come on anytime Kris.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Day is almost at an end a Queen Elfie,excited to see what you created today.

Crystal, please share your project.

Susie, the are just the sweetest

My sister Sharon is in nyc for Westminster dog show, iINUK her American eskimo took best of breed this afternoon for 7 consecutive years, tonight I thing he tries for best of group. From what I understand he's top American eskimo in Canada / usa

Another artic day here, I stayed inside, had friends over, all but 1 are beginner sew'ers
I must be wearing off on them, getting them gung ho to do Xmas pieces now and not wait til December

Missy wanted to play, wasn't pleased to get kicked off the pile of fabric every few minutes..by day's end they had 2 pieces done and next
week will get to quilt them..pleased they are and I was thrilled they accomplished so much

I'm now in bed, they done done me in ☺️

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Good evening Queen Kris and ladies.
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I was busy shopping for our queen just need a couple of items. I will probably mail out Saturday. I will send you a confirmation number when I do . Wishing you all a great week.
Patti

Good morning all , well here i sit on a stool in my Kitchen next to the coffee pot only side of my house that has power :) Blew the breaker i guess for the rest of the house so just waiting for jim to get awake enough to ccome check , may have to buy a new one .

so mean time this will have to do :) & it is cool enough I should bake maybe apple turnovers NOT. trying to lay off all sugar for 1 month to see how much weight i can loose well everything you pick up to eat that is supose to be good for you Has Sugar ,
I Bought a Huge Bag of Calf Blend Veggies it has 2g of sugar, Gluten free rice chex 2g of sugar, they say fruits & veggies are good for you well they are loaded with all natural sugars , Gee whats a gal to eat . did ya know lettuce has 0.3g of sugar
well if i go on a No food diet i might just make my goal :)
Just trying to stay sane this morning ya all have a great day .

I hope you get your power back soon.

Ok,, It is cold here,, but apparently not as cold as it will be tomorrow or the next day!

I did not get finished yesterday, despite a 9 hour marathon of claying!! I am about to get back to it, I thought about giving you all a sneak peak, but was afraid Crystal would get in her car and come steal it!! So that is all the hints for this morning. Hopefully I can get finished today as It is really a much bigger project than I thought it would be!

No boxes yesterday,, but I am hoping the mail lady has stuff today!

Everyone stay warm!! I am off to put the royal king to work on the kitchen!!

Yesterday was a holiday, so I hope the boxes arrive today.

You are so bad telling us about y our projects, then won;t show them! I want to see all those eyes!

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Show us the piles of eyes and hands Queenie!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.