FEB 2015 QUEEN OF THE MONTH "MUD_ELF"

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Oh, I have a chain link fence I can put some on. Thanks for the idea. I don't think squash would be too heavy?

Victoria Harbour, ON

do me a favor LindaKay, plant a few gourds..love to paint them

Ah, will do!

Well the royal grandkids went home. They did lots of work and my porch is much better looking!! They want to come back next weekend to do more. It is ugly and rainy here today, so I guess I will have to clean house,, yuck! Lol

I reorganized my craft table and think it will work better this way. We will see!

I am going to rush though the cleaning and then play in my clay!!

I command all my royal subjects to have a great day!!!

This message was edited Feb 9, 2015 9:47 AM

Sounds like everyone was busy at your place!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Hope your creative juices are flowing Queen Elfie

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

I am preparing strips to make a quilt from. My Coffee Club is having a quilt making this weekend. The one I made at one of these a few years ago is just about done it. I use it to cover up when I lie on the couch. The others are making lap quilts, but i make mine about 40x60 inches. No big enough for a twin bed, but it covers the subject.
I am no quilter seamstress (? sp?) but I can usually follow if someone shows me. We have a leader, and the rest just try to follow.
Rain last night and still having a few sprinkles. Maybe 0.35 inches. It is just not raining enough.

I would love to see your quilt Crystal?

Victoria Harbour, ON

love to see what you are up to as well Crystal
watch you don't get hooked..lol

Your Queen is not being creative today. I did make a meatloaf and some deviled eggs,, then I ran out of steam and sat down. Now I am sleepy,, Going to take a nap,,

Victoria Harbour, ON

Some days it's the best thing a queen can do for herself is nap!

This loyal subject is already in bed, forget the napping, go right for the gusto and have an early nap.

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

very frosty cold morning didn't want to get out of bed here but i did as you can see :) one cup of coffee down & I need to go feed & water. guess i will fix them some warm rice :)
Kris for some reason I just can't pull myself out the door to shop so I think if your ok with it I will send you a gift card :)
wishing you all a great day .
Oh & Amanda Brother Jim bought me some Baby back ribs yesterday so I'm going to open your special BBQ sauce you gave me :) if i don't use it all can I freeze it ya think ??

Be well

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

I will show you the quilt when we finish. I will be so proud I will want to show it. I couldn't (and wouldn't) ever make a quilt without the supervision, company, and encouragement of friends. Now, if they want anything done about plants, they come to me.

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Hopefully Queenie isnt still sleeping lol

Susie, You can freeze it, itll be fine. Sounds like a delicious dinner!

Crystal, Cant wait to see the quilt! :)

Ocean Springs, MS

All of you sound so busy or cozy. My cousins are here from NC and we are having a family dinner tomorrow evening. I'm making shrimp salad and an apple pie! weather turned cold again. UGH!

Queenie, hope you are doing well. Sounds like you are getting lots of help. :)

Gm Queen going to be a cold day here possible snow later today .its so cold Missy my one chick came in & is sitting on my lap getting her feet warm :)))) she loves to sit with me .
she will go back out soon .

Amanda that BBQ sauce is Awesome Haven Jim get more ribs for me :) they are on sale this week :)

ya all have a great day I'm starting another blanket.

I did get up,, We were very busy yesterday. Ralph was home and we went to HomeDepot for more supplies! I think it is bad when everyone in the store knows you by name!! We loaded up on lumber, checked out the clearance. I scored with 4 inch razor blades for scraping paint,! I will use these to cut clay. i got 40 blades for $.08 total!! Whoo hoo!! I love it when I get a cool deal like that. I also got some very colorfull glazed pot saucers for 53 cents each! These will be coasters in the bedroom and livingroom for our huge jugs we drink out of! I need to find some bright green 100%cotton yarn and try to crochet 3 to 4 inch round coasters to sit in the bottom of the saucers to absorb the sweat from the jugs. Ralph and I donot use ice, so to keep our tea cold we freeze 32 oz. jugs half full of tea or water, or crystal lite, then after it is frozen we fill it up and have cold drinks for a long time! Plus it does not get watery. Which is a great reason to do this.

I practiced sculpting hands last night,, just hands, lots of hands. I think I will do more today. I am determined to master sculpting full body fairies, gnomes, elves and babies! I want to get away from using molds completely.

We the royal queen needs to get off there royal fanny and do the dishes.

Everyone is comanded to stay warm and be safe today!!

Susie,,, gift cards are wonderful!! Home Depot is a favorite!

evening all its been a lazy day here all the exercising has caught up with me I could hardly Move after I got out of bed this morning My back & Legs hurt Like i have been beaten with a pat so I have just stayed in bed most the day , zoey fed & watered for me this Morning , I did make it out there tonight it is a very icy path out to the coop.
they say its going to be Below 0 From 4.am -1 pm tomorrow .
anyway going back to lay down ya all have a great eve .

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Greetings and Felicitations Queen! I trust your reign progresses well and that the Royal health is being maintained.

I was surprised to read about your summer drink scenario -- I do exactly the same thing! I'm in very good company :~)

Linda, last year i tied my melons to whatever part of their support was nearest. Stockings are the best -- dollar store, i like knee highs -- but anything slightly stretchy will do. I had success with torn tshirts too.

It sounds as though weather everywhere is as crazy as weather will be. Everybody stay safe!

Mander, I'm thinking of you.

You are the first person I have ever met that does that too!!!

I worked on clay today. Practiced more hands, faces and then worked on eyes. So feel pretty good about that. Washed the royal dishes and then read for a couple of hours. Very happy with my day so far.

Night all....

Victoria Harbour, ON

Your royal Queen, here is hoping today will be as much fun as yesterday..a play day not a work day..had thought your gift would be there by now..hmmmm maybe customs decided to keep it

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

I agree with Betty! Another fun day for Queenie! :) But the Mental image I get of you sitting at a big table with tons of tiny hands is kinda funny..lol piles and piles of hands..little elfie head pearing over heheh. Does the King have any plans this weekend??

Your very welcome Susie! Glad you liked it! Ill bring more up this summer :)

WB Turtles!

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Hey, everyone. I am here, just busy.

Oh what an image of Kris! I agree, she is always so busy and doing so many things.

Gm all another burr morning here waiting for the sun to rise & then off to town have to get my blood draw it was to thick last week :) hope you all have a great day Queen & I will get your box out By Monday I Hope :)))

Ha!! You should see the 125+ eyeballs on the work table right now!!

The royal king is off on Tuesday and Thursday each week. So his plans are to be working on the ever more elaborate mower shed!! Lol. I am eating lunch, watching the Judge and then will be back to the eyeball!!

We want to see your eyeballs please?

Ok,, but they are tiny! Will take pics in a bit!!

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Ok this is getting kinda creepy now lol who keeps piles of eyeballs and loose hands laying around!?!?!

Cool crafters do! :)

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Yes, let's concentrate on the cool crafters idea. Our Queen is the poster-person for that image after all.

Hmm, the King's mower shed sounds really intriguing too. I love designing and building that kind of stuff. But, if Elfie is Queen-Regina, shouldn't Ralph be Prince-Consort?

Whichever, I hope it's a happy day in the Realm!

Good morning queen going to try to get your royal gifts out in the mail today :) hope you like :) we got no snow yesterday but they are saying 1-3 " today so we will see nothing yet .

well my coffee cup is dry so you have a great day try to get back in later .

Victoria Harbour, ON

Low -30's here your Majesty, hoping that the warmer temps are in your kingdom.

Good morning Queen elf! I too have finally got my shopping done, and if I can squeeze it all in a box, it will go out tomorrow.

afternoon :) Your royalities are @ the Post Office & hopefully will arrive on Monday .

My Brother just informed me that we are infor a bitter cold & Snowy weekend .so very happy i got your gifts out today :)

Happy fri 13th ev1

My box went out today as well.

Stay warm Susie!

ty LK I Sure plan to & If it gets as cold as they say I Might have to bring in my Charley & His harem :) I went out today & put down allot more straw for them , they are set for the night .
& I have my sup in the oven so thought i would get caught up.
lil brother called me he was at work over west of GR he said he was waiting on his next job to be called in so i was on his mind alday :) how sweet & he wished me a Happy valentines day today for he is on call all weekend .

my timer just went off so guess i will get off here back in the morning GN all .

Ocean Springs, MS

Sorry, my Queen, that I have been MIA. With my cousins being here and some really awful "sister" drama, I've been kind of busy and crazy! Got your box ready and will mail Monday. :)
Glad you've been able to work on your hands and eyes! Something like that would completely overwhelm me! Seeing all of that sitting in front of me would kick in my ADD really bad! LOL

Speaking of cold weather, people at pottery class were talking about snow next week. The conditions are favorable, but you know how the forecast changes day-to-day. The kids would love it, but I want SPRING!

You all stay warm and have a good night! ♥

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Stopping in to say Greetings Your Majesty! I am still working on Tax stuff so I don't have a lot of time to play on the computer. I have been keeping an eye on things though. Hands and eyeballs huh? I guess practice makes perfect!

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Good night and sweet dreams Your Majesty.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.