FEB 2015 QUEEN OF THE MONTH "MUD_ELF"

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

back up & running it was the ground plug in the bathroom that went out the reset button would not work so had to buy a new one :) so all fixed thanks to brother :) I'm guessing that kris is going to be ingolfed in boxes today :).
partly sunny today but it is snowy also .
this morning i planted a few seeds & now i have a heck of a back ache so thought i had better lay up so now I'm going to crochet for awhile.
ya all have a great day . BBL

Eyes hands half done faces....

Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by

Second box is from Linda....

It was full of wonderful things for my bathroom!!!!

Shower curtain hooks, towels, lotion or liquid soap dispenser, toothbrush holder,
Also a cute teddy bear and yummy Chocolate's. Last but absolutely not least is a small tapestry that just took my breath away!!!

I am so happy with your gifts...

THANKS!!!!

My tapestry! !!

Thumbnail by

And since I am frustrated with my clay project... I will go ahead and share the work so far. I am stuck and need some constructive criticism please.

More of the progress so far..

Here is my problem. I do not want any of the original clock to show. I am trying to cover it with clay. But it is not cooperating. Usually I would just add the clay to the clock parts. But then the clock would melt in the oven. So I tried to use cardboard and make a cover that way. But it is not going well. I am setting it a side for today. I will try more tomorrow. I wanted to put an octopus on top of the clock.. but then I can not put the glass back over it. So I am going to just cover it like I did the base and make it look like a coral reef. Ralph loves the clock face.. but now that I did the reef, he wants me to re do the face with a under water scene with water and fish??? More things to work on..sigh...

Ok.. let me know what you all think!!

This message was edited Feb 17, 2015 5:02 PM

your welcome Kris & I'm so glad they fit Hope you don't mind I could not tell what you was making looking sideways so I turned them around for ya :)
be back with more in a few .

This message was edited Feb 17, 2015 6:04 PM

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9

well that did not work sorry was trying to make them upright for ya . glad you like the coasters & that they fit May you have a great evening . it is getting much colder her also 6*-9* tomorrow i think they said .
off to have a hot tottie .

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Glad to see you got some boxes today. I love all the items Susie sent.

And i love your clock. That is awesome.

Love all those eyes and hands too.

For some reason all my pictures turn sideways here on DG. But none of the ones I post to FB or anywhere else. It is a DG issue. Not me or my poor abused phone,,,lol

Susie I contacted Terri!

Thanks LK! But it has a long way to go,,, the clock that is!

Amanda has the 2015 Spring Round Robin Interest thread OPEN HERE:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1386836/

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning Queen Elfie, love the pieces you are working on..time consuming for sure..nice bright colors..

speaking of bright colors, it's been 2 weeks today that I mailed out your package, starting to fret you really should have received it by now

drats and more drats

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Great boxes Your Majesty! Beautiful Tapestry, LK. And the coasters are a very thoughtful gift . And you have been busy, My Queen! That is awesome clay work you've got there. Far be it from me to offer any criticism on your work! Besides I wouldn't want to lose my head today. lol

gm all Going to be busy decluttering today & be set for a HUGE Yard sale come Spring :) if this snow ever melts aways . Been putting it off for long time :)

so you all have a great day ,Betty send Kris the address that you used to send the package to make sure it was the right addy. Unless you got her new addy before you sent disreguard
this message :) Just a thought .

Ocean Springs, MS

Queenie, so sorry for not being in waiting every day. Got some major family issues going on and it has put my anxiety and depression into overload!

Love the things you received from Linda Kay. Tapestry is beautiful.

Your clay creations continue to amaze me! I am in awe!

Today is the day of reckoning for the family issues. I hope to be back soon more relaxed and hopeful that God works things out for all of us. Love y'all ♥

Box from Susie!!
Coasters, which are a perfect fit for my clearance glazed pot bottoms that fit our drinking justs just perfectly,
hot pot pad, and a dish cloth.. all crochet by Susie

Also books for clay and juices, small wreaths that I will decorate with shells, and some money to spend on the house!!!

Last but not least is an amerilis bulb. I spelled that wrong. .lol

Thank you so very much Susie.. you over did yourself and I love everything! !!!!. I have already used my coasters as you can see they fit perfectly!!!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

mine was mailed to the Smiths Station as per addy exchange
was that the correct address?

Sorry about the post going missing. I will re load the pictures from Susie layer today. Minus one item! Lol.

Geez,, I really was hoping someone wouldhave anidea on how to fix this! Ithink you are all way to nice to this Queen!! Maybe if I lop off a head or two I would get more comments on the club ck dilima??

Froggie,, you take care of your family first!! The only thing I ask is that you are taking care of you!!!! I can wait for your sunny and warm presence when you have the time,,, humm did that make sence??

Betty,, i have no idea what happened to your package!! Did you send to this address??

Kris Shotts
77 COOSA COUNTY ROAD 81
GOODWATER, ALABAMA

This is my correct mailing addy.

Nann,, I could never lop off your head! Maybe atoe?? Lol

Ok,, ipad is dying,, need to charge it. That is how I gage it is time to get off my fanny and do some work...lol.

Betty we cross posted!! I will call the gal in Smiths Station and hope she has the package! But I have to warn you,, the stupid postman sends back most of my mail at that addy,,, sorry!

Victoria Harbour, ON

I mailed what was in the address exchange, assumed that would be the address?

where did the other gals get their address where the gifts seem to arrive?

This message was edited Feb 18, 2015 11:02 AM

Betty,, it is at my old house! I will pick it up on Saturday or Tuesday!

Victoria Harbour, ON

didn't realize you moved or if you had moved it was the correct address in the addy, perhaps you might want to change it incase there are still gifts coming your way
tks

I cannot find the address exchange! I thought I changed it 2 years ago! Can you send me a link please?

Ok,, finally found the address exchange! And it has my correct address!!
I wonder why Betty is showing my old one??

Here is the link to where I found it under Extras, Address Exchange, Mud_Elf

http://davesgarden.com/address_exchange/view.php?user=Mud_Elf

Victoria Harbour, ON

http://davesgarden.com/address_exchange/view.php?user=Elfs_Garden

did you change your name?

Victoria Harbour, ON

now why would I have sent it to Elfs_garden????

hmmmm

isn't that odd that I'd have that name engrained as your DG name

have to d-mail asking if she received it?

so confused (doesn't take much)

Betty,, I used to be Elfs-garden!! But I changed it 5 years ago!! The package is at my old address in Smiths Station. The gal living there has it and I will get it either Saturday or Tuesday!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

still had you in my names as the other..will make note of it
hope you haven't moved too far away

Over 100 miles!! Lol. No worries,, I go there all the time! They even have a bed for me there! Mater of fact all my stuff for ceramics, pottery, and stained glass are still there. Going to be there alot this spring finishing the huge purge of 20 years of collecting stuff that is stored there! Come on down,, bring a big truck and feel free to help me get rid of most of my Stained glass!! All my molds, a couple of kilns, tons of yarn, fabric, and goodness knows what else is there!! I am willing to share!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

wonder why they didn't take your elfs_garden off the system
one gets used to dg name and don't even look at the icon on the left, name matched?? could she not send it to you, much easier

nope, can't bring more crafts into my house, just organized everything

I was headed down there anyway, so no worries!! And I will ask Melody to delete the addy under Elfs_garden,,, but I jus had her delete something else today, so I really donot want to be a pest.

You sure you donot want any more stuff to play with??? Lol

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Hey, Elfie, and everyone. I had a laugh at loping off a toe instead of a head! So sorry, but I certainly cannot advise on that clay clock project.
Suns' out and so is the wind.

Ohhh,, your Queen is soooooo warm now!! I found the problem!! When I put the window in my bedroom I did not seal it properly! I fixed it about 15 minutes ago and it went from 53 degrees in here to 65 in no time flat! Now it is getting a little to warm!! Lol

Victoria Harbour, ON

great news, don't want to deep freeze our QUEEN!

Lol,,, i cannot believe it was such a simple fix,,, I am an idiot!

I put up several posts today offering to send stained glass for postage of $1.50 per pound. My posts were deleted and I got a repremand from admin. I am in violation of DG rules.

I am very upset about this as every year there are boxes of plants offered for suposeed postage at $20.00 a box and the actual postage is only $12.00 per box. I was not trying to make money off of this, I was just trying to get rid of some of my 2000 pounds of glass so I did not have to move it all up here.

My membership is expiring tomorrow. I am NOT renewing my membership. AND I DO NOT WANT ANYONE ELSE TO RENEW IT FOR ME. I WILL NOT BE BACK ON DG so it would be an absolute waste of your money.

I will however still send out the boxes to the rest of the queens by the end of the month as I feel I should follow though with my commitments. I will contact Susie today to get the list of folks I need to send to and if anyone sends me any futher boxes this month I will take pictures and ask either Linda K or Crystal, Or Susie to post the pictures and my thanks.

It has been a pleasure knowing everyone here. If anyone wants to they can friend me on Facebook to keep in touch. I will miss you all...

Kris

Victoria Harbour, ON

Know it's frustrating Elf but not renewing the membership would mean you lose us all, don't want to do that now do you? Deep breathing, in/out and remember the good times and good people here on line
Lhugs

evening all I Have talked to Kris & I Now Know Her delimma
that she has went through today & So as she rec's her Royalities I will Post them for her she can still read all our post Just like any Non Member Just won't be able to post so you can still chat as to what is going on :) also I have told her that she needs Not to send all the last 3 queenly gift AT this time she is still apart of us :) .

Betty I'm so sorry I Should have sent everyone Her Address so
The Blame should be put on me for that . So if anyone Needs her addy Please let me know & I will dmail it to you .
AGAIN Forgive me . Kris did you say you changed it ?

I have been so busy today Just got my bed moved & Made laundry done computer back up running rearrange everything in here while packing boxes of things to get rid of :)
Now i need to go have my super then I will be back .

Ocean Springs, MS

Elfie, I will miss you here, but I'll keep in touch on facebook. I'm just about to do one of the hardest things ever. My sister evicted mmy brother last week and had a restraining order put against him. I let him stay at my house because he was sick and it was cold. I told him that he would not be allowed to drink at my house and he had one week to enter a rehab center. Well, he has recovered from the illness, has been drinking today, and left before I had a chance to say anything to him. But when he comes back, he is OUT! I can't take this. Please pray for us.
Love you all, Julie

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.