What's happening in your neck of the woods - 2015

Victoria Harbour, ON

Happy birthday ViolaAnn, sure hope you are enjoying sunshine in your neighborhood..
What are you planning on this your special day!

Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

Happy birthday Ann .. have a wonderful day, and, many more happy birthdays :-)

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Happy Birthday, Ann!! Hope you have a splendorous one!!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Asking for prayers for my son in law Lonnie, my daughter Michelle. His mother (Ann) is soon to pass away, and they need, the strength of your prayers. They don't "believe", but we all know that people who are being prayed for don't need to know, or to believe. It's enough for our Lord to know that we're praying. Ann's husband Ed will also need your prayers.
Michelle & Lonnie have made the trek to Vita Manitoba where Ann's in Palliative care, and this morning Michelle emailed me to say that they're going there, and it won't be too long now.
I know Ann for the sweet and good person she is - so very thoughtful & caring. I know that she believes in our Lord, and will soon meet Him and be in no pain, in His presence.

May her end of life journey be pain free ..
T&Ps with the family

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Thank you, Marilynne

Victoria Harbour, ON

Prayers being said for Ann

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Thank you, Betty - really appreciate it

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Been MIA for some time. On July 6 we went to Alaska for a few days to visit my sister and BIL. DBIL has ALS and we felt we needed to visit while we were on the west coast. DBIL is doing well, but experiencing respiratory problems and some memory problems too, but he's still able to get around.

Then we spent 4 days in Vancouver. When we landed in Vancouver on July 6 en route to Alaska, the air was noticeably smoky. Not quite so bad when we returned on the 9th. Then on the 13th, we joined a group of people from our church making a pilgrimage to Haida Gwaii. It was a fantastic 8 days there during which we were immersed in as much native culture as possible. And on my birthday, we had lunch at a cafe in Old Masset and David Suzuki was at the next table. I'm starting to post pictures on FB. if you use this link, you should be able to access the ones I have captioned. FB keeps locking me out from editing captions. But Days 1-2 is done. Eventually there will be three albums.

This link will take you to the finished album even if you aren't on FB - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152894828150706.1073741864.581705705&type=1&l=f8db1b7442

Great pics Ann .. couldn't clickon 'like'
Wonderful idea to put in a map .. I thought perhaps it was BC .. the Haida culture is so revered there.

How long has your DBinL had ALS? Such a debilitating disease .. all the best to him and the family ..

Not much happening here .. another 30C+ day .. horrible ..

TOODLES

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

wow, Marilynne - you're the same temp as Atlanta, GA, and here - we're 15c lol
Yikes - need more heat!!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Here's something I saw on FB - going to have to try it!

"Works on every stain I've tried it on !!!
The ultimate stain remover that actually works on a seriously set in stain! Never buy oxyclean again!
The mixture is:

1 tsp. Dawn dishwashing detergent
3-4 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide
couple tablespoons of baking soda.
Scrub on with a scrubbing brush"

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

I've finished captions on my second album of Haida Gwaii photos. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152895584825706.1073741865.581705705&type=1&l=cb81264e52

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

lol couldn't resist

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B

Happy 'HOLIDAY WEEKEND' everyone ..
Would imagine most of us will be gardening.
Lorna and the cemetery hae been nominated for a Horti Award .. she is on Cloud 9 ... all her hard work is being noticed and enjoyed.
ONE fly in the ointment .. happily AFTER the pics of the property had been taken .. one of the young lads working on the cemetery doing grass and trimming, got more than a little 'trimmer happy' :-( AND .. he went around all Lorna's beds .. a BIG NO NO !!! She is the keeper of the beds .. he felt he was helping, but, he scalped the grass right down to dirt She was (is) sick about it .. and, so is her boss ..
BUT .. it will grow back .. and I doubt the Horticultural Society folks will come out to the property on a holiday weekend .. fingers crossed ..

Hope everyone is well, and, happy :-)

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Congrats on the Nomination, Lorna!! Got my fingers crossed she wins!!!! Of course she's on Cloud 9!!

Went to the cemetery yesterday .. all is well .. we had a good rainfall and the grass is greening up and growing .. Taylor, the young fellah that perpetrated the crime (lol) has apologized profusely .. as has Corey, the older, younger, fellow who was supposed to have been monitoring Taylor .. as my DS would say .."It's ALL good"!

Off to an Italian Festa today .. hopefully the rain will let up .. if it gets too warm, we may not go .. DH and I are fine for walking, but, it's ;iffy' at times for Lorna in crowds .. and, that's ok .. we can come home and enjoy our property ..

Take care all

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

at least Taylor & Corey realize their mistake and it won't happen again - that's something.

We're off to church today - hope everyone has a lovely Sunday!

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Happy Holiday Monday!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Happy Heritage Day, in Alberta!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Thank you for the links Ann, will go check them out!
Yesterday was a zoo, always so first day after a holiday, lots to catch up on
Today being a little. Lazy

Hope you all had a great long weekend..yikes time is moving so quickly we I'll soon be looking forward to thanksgiving

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Long weekend wasn't long enough - however, Bob got the kitchen counter & sink in, now...... for the plumbing lol
We still don't have the water running cuz the pipes aren't set below the sink.
However, I found a fellow who's willing to come tomorrow am or pm to do it for under $200! Hooray for charitable people! After 1 month without running water in the sink, I'm so tired of it that I'm ready to tackle anyone who stands in the way of us getting a functioning sink! Grace & Robert will have to pay for the plumber, and I told them so!!!
I'm standing my ground and standing tall (well, all 5 ft tall of me lol)

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

I think we need a new thread. You'll find it at: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1402715/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.