What's happening in your neck of the woods - 2015

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I have forwarded this on to my cousin who lives in the neighbourhood of that mall........
That is totally unconscionable of the Lego store manage, the security guard, etc!!
They deserve apologies - the son, mother & father!!
Disgusting, the way they were treated!!!!!!!!!!

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Has nobody posted here in May yet or is there a new thread?

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

nobody has posted, I guess...........

Victoria Harbour, ON

Good morning, between remiss in posting

Hard to believe we are already 2 weeks into May

Between being ill at beginning of the year, Noah's stabbing, I'll again , then the accident it's been a tad overwhelming, am hoping I'm back on tract

Rain past 3 days, sun trying to come out but you can see darkness off yonder

Everything now is a bright ouch green, nice to see
Plants look healthy but I've lost many of my shrub trees, secret garden isn't so secret anymore
Will have to purchase replacements, costly but a must

With long weekend ahead anything not yet done like getting all the decks done will be finished and I can just enjoy watching the gardens flourish and only have the weeds to contend with.

Guess you are all making plans for the long weekend, hope weather cooperates
We could do with sunshine after such a long cold winter

Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

SNOW expected here today (May 12)
Typical Canadian Spring into summer with some winte added for retrospect!

I am taking a course at the University, and, have a Hospice client, so .. kinda caught up with 'stuff'.

Waving hi to all :-)

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

say it isn't so "M"
Did Lorna get to go to work today?

Are there exams?? yuk

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

only plans I'm making for the long weekend is Bob being able to help 3 days instead of 2 lol
How funny - neighbours saying we should pay for movers to pack LOL We don't have the funds to do this - I'm not working. Not made of $$......

Did Lorna get to work?
Snow - this time of year - is usually here in AB, or in the mountains - that the heck is it doing in ON?
I always loved exams - I know some people hate the word "test" and choke, but I don't - it just feels like we've finalized stuff and I don't have any more studying lol (mind you, I don't mind studying either!)

Well, back to packing - I have to be at the new place from 11 to 1pm to get TV & Internet for our tenants

ANOTHER day off for Lorna .. she did some foot work for her boss, so will be compensated a few hours.

Rain/snow off n on .. dreary as all git out ..

Oh yes, I'll have an exam/test .. mostly papers (abstracts) though, and, I don't mind them ..

My Hospice client passed away this morning .. he was a lovely gentleman .. absolutely NO family .. so hard to grasp that ..

Hope you do well packing Susan .. slow and easy wins the race .. is the person wh is vacating your space, gone ?

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Sorry to hear your client passed away.
Yes, it's hard to believe that someone has no family. No friends to be there either?

Yes, they're gone, Marilynne - so it makes it easier to pack/move. We took stuff over Sunday night, and Monday - today I unpacked into cupboards (dishes & china). Nice thing is - these cupboards have 4 shelves because they go to the ceiling. Our current ones don't, so only have 3 shelves.
I was called early, to hook up tv/internet, so just got back, with some empty boxes and packing material because I unpacked some stuff while there. Now I have more stuff to pack with :-) I'll take more over now.

Victoria Harbour, ON

hugs "M"
know you become attached to them and it hurts to be the dickens

Sharon works at Hospice, in the last month she's lost a 20 year old girl (got married only hours before dying) and a 24 year old with 1 child...she didn't go in on Mother's Day, said she just couldn't.

You've yet 2 more weeks Susan? when will the lady who is renting your place move in

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Oh Betty - how sad for the groom....
And a 24 year old........ both way too young.

She moves in June 1st, and we still have a wall to re-do. The one where Bob had to tear the wall and part of the roof (10ft) because the previous owner had cut into the roofline and we had major rot & mould damage. It's a plywood ceiling & roof atm. I told him to re-do it years ago, but... that's my Bob. Why do now, what you can put off until the last minute.
Also, our current neighbour is giving us some laminate flooring and we'll re-floor the den for our new tenant - Kristin.

Well, time to pack up my car and take more stuff over.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Here is hoping you've all enjoyed this Victoria Day weekend and weather co-operated for you.
Although they called for thunderstorms all day it passed us buy so far

80 in th house, so tempted to turn on air but just thinking of all those freezing days this winter, why not enjoy the heat

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

rained all day Friday & Saturday, so not nice for moving stuff to new place. Had friend John come to help Bob moving stuff on Saturday, and Doug helped me pack. Yesterday & today were nicer weather for moving so Bob took my desk & his over - has mine almost finished. What a guy.........
I unpacked a bunch of dishes into china cabinets, etc, and did what I could. Should have brought my meds, cuz I was way overdue and overdid (of course). I'm doing ok now

Victoria Harbour, ON

Move will soon be behind you Susan then hope you can rest up for your next adventure.

Storms we were to have yesterday did not mature, great for those taking advantage of the long weekend.

Sitting watching Lorna sweep off her truck and SCRAPE the windshield! And, it is snowing ..
Not uncommon, but, unwelcome !!!
Have 'MISPLACED' my cell phone .. sheesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

yes Betty - I"ll soon be working on my sewing room and getting stuff Done in it :-)
In fact, today, when I'm working on stuff I'm going to bring out stuff from my shed in the back which has sewing room stuff, Christmas deco and gardening stuff. Looking forward to getting that sorted.

We were supposed to get frost - had a frost warning for 2 nights in a row........ don't know if it did freeze and not sure if anything was affected.

Been a bit of time since a post slid across the screen .. so .. here be I .. SLIDDING in to say HULLO :-)

Weather .. not going there, lets just say things are greening up nicely ..

Family .. status quo with Gord (DH) awaiting bilateral carpal tunnel surgery .. I start Stelara injections for my Psoriatic arthritis tomorrow .. kinda nervous .. but, if it'll help me save a few joints, I'll do it !!

All in all .. life is good ..
Hope all is well with all of you ..

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

"m" sure hope the injections work for you..may the wait for gord's surgery be short..waiting sometimes is worse than the procedure.

All went well with the injection .. OUCH .. and, Gord's eye pressure is DOWN to normal .. WHEW !!
Lorna is praying for NO frost, as am I .. if there is, we'll be off to the cemetery early Saturday morning to water her flowers ..

BBQ burgers tonight .. smell delish :-)

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Fantastic news "M"
The ouch is worth having if it helps

Got a lazy on..thinking I can skip supper but your hamburgers sound yummy..could order one from the restaurant

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

wow - good to see people posting on here again!

Well, Dr gave me hydromorphine, T3's, and a gel to put on the "affected areas", and I've taken my 1st doses of each....... Feeling not too shabby. BUT, will still not overdo, because I'm not feeling the pain I was........
I know - I've already been told not to get addicted to the morphine, and not to overdo to where I injure myself more
and the Dr has also requested (on an urgent basis) for me to have a new MRI done, because I told him that when it's bad and I'm out shopping, I use a wheelchair. Also, that my cane is my constant companion (and we're not even married!!) that I would rather not have. Told him my family & friends are saying I'm not having quality of life......
btw - the hydromorphine is a slow release that I take once when I get up and one close to bedtime.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Let's hope Susan you don't have to wait long for the MRI

Left all the windows open last night, bit on the chilly side, am sure it won't be long before it warms up

We were to get rain last night, had about 4 drops so guess it's outside to water the plants, especially the new ones just planted

Was lazy yesterday, didn't get groceries so a task for this morning

Always something to do

Coffee first

I keep saying that there should be 36 hours in a day, today was NO exception.
Got 2 gorgeous hanging baskets from the place Lorna is getting the cemetery flowers .. so .. I'm happy ..
Her ruck is literally filled wih flats of Impatiens and Petunias and Alyssium and Nicotiana ready to be planted ..
Looks like we could have a rainy week coming up, but, warmer :-)

Out to the BBQ .. doing some chicken ..

Enjoy your evening, hope all are well ..

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Can I come for supper "M"? Please,please

I took out 3 containers of Chinese to defrost, thought now why did I do that? Going to Mandarin tomorrow night so back in the freezer they went, too lazy to cook even though I bought a big grocery order so has shredded wheat.

Hope there are a few sunshine days in your neck of the woods "M" so that Lorna can get all planted.

With the helper coming every few days I've been able to focus on weeds, starting to get ahead of them as well. Nothing left but to walk them and ohh and ahh
What are they charging for baskets up there?

Susan, thank goodness the meds arre helping!

Lordy a stopped up the street where there was a sign that said 'plants for sale'. Sad, I could buy a healthy perennial at a nursery for 1/2 the price..really she didn't have anything I don't have

At what she was charging and for the size I thought about how many $$$ in my gardens. Lol

This message was edited Jun 6, 2015 6:13 PM

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

....... d'ya think that DG would pay for my subscription here? I think they did last year, when I wasn't working..... It's running out tomorrow, so guess I'd best do it lol

The planted pots were $25. I'll take pics .. honestly they are gorgeous !!
They do go to upwards of $50. - $70. depending on what's in'em .. I am quite happy with Sweet Potato vine, Petunia and Lobelia ..
Today I bought a most gorgeous Calla Lilly, in shades of mauve and purple with a yellow stamen ..

Susan .. did you sign up?

DH is off to WI tomorrow for a week or so, been almost 10 months since he has gone to visit his bud.
I'll be holding down the fort, and, as always, a busy week on the horizon ..

LOVE the Mandarin :-)

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

not many people pop on here to post anymore.......

omg - just got my "urgent" appointment for my MRI - Dec 29th at 11:30 am
I know they're busy, but geeze.......

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Bob & I are heading out camping tomorrow - will be gone until Sunday the 28th. Looking forward to some relaxing time........

Victoria Harbour, ON

Enjoy!

Have a wonderful time, try to relax, and, WALK with care!!

FINALLY some rain has arrived here .. been sometime since it has. .. don't have to get the watering cans and hoses out ..

AlbertaAnn .. how is your greenhouse doing ?
ViolaAnn, how are your Hosta?
Thought of you last week, as one of our larger United churches had an 'en masse' handbell gathering for the (I think) 90th Anniversary.
Watched it on TV, it was lovely

Nothing exciting happening here ..

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

packing to go now

Bless you all!!!!

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Checking in. Had to play a concert on June 13 and I get sore enough in the garden that I put off my gardening until after that. No more June concerts unless I get paid. Have been trying to catch up in the garden ever since.

The hostas seem very large this year. I've had to move a few around because we had to take down a sick ash tree and they were left in full sun, but some of them are doing surprisingly well. I'm growing tomatoes where the tree was and am hoping they will get high enough and bushy enough to provide to later season sun.

HAPPY CANADA DAY everyone :-)

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS
Victoria Harbour, ON

Hope you've all enjoyed Canada Day
Great weather and family!

Went to 'FancyVans' (Carols) 'Memory page .. guess I was thinking about her as I made the decision to cut back our spent peonies .. the ONLY reason I haven't lunged head on into the perennial bed, is because of the ANTS, and, my Asiatic Lilies that are just in the process of blooming, and, near the Peonies.
Anyway .. I was going through some pics on the 'memory page' and wondered how Alberta Ann, and, JoannaBanana are doing ?
So many good memories on that page .. made me smile :-)

Going to be 30+C here today, and, for the next few days .. ugg ..

So .. hello to everyone .. hope your summer is going well ..

ViolaAnn .. has your DD in BC commented on the forest fires ?

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

my son, staying with friends in Vancouver, mentioned that the air is thick with smoke and people are advised not to go outside.....
my son lives on his boat, but has recently lived on Mayne Island, BC. He loves BC, has lived there many years, and would love to have me move there - says it's less expensive than Calgary, and I'm sure it is. Unfortunately, I won't be moving to BC lol

Gord has always said to me, that, BC means 'Bring cash' LoL
Have lots of relatives out that way .. but spaced out between Tofino and Summerland .. travelled there several times, but, kind of like Ontario ..
Can see the smokey haze here today due to the high temps ..

Good luck with settling into your new place Susan ..

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

We have a cabinet installer coming to help Bob install the kitchen tomorrow!! Hooooooray! This is from a "for free" site called "Albertans Helping Albertans" He says "giving is receiving", and he has 25 years experience.
Today Marcel is coming to finish the electricals, and ADT comes at 5pm to install the security system.
Yes, things are coming together!!

Bout time .. good to hear !!!

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I am seriously grossed out - the packers packed. a Mouse Trap.......... I emailed the company and told them I would Never recommend their company for Anything........

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.