What's happening in your neck of the woods - 2015

Victoria Harbour, ON

Am sure you will find someone to go pve them to..noticed in the $$ store yesterday they had come glasses, seemed strange to me the pat the coke logo could be on such things

Have lost the thread about Betty's Noah. I have been thinking about him and wondering how he is doing? And is Gord doing better with the shingles?

Hi back at Alberta Ann. Waving to all. Will check back later.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Brenda - it's in the Prayer Thread....
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1385661/

Victoria Harbour, ON

Brenda thank you for asking.

We celebrated his 17th birthday yesterday, thank the Lord we were able to do so.
He tires easily, mood swings up/down
often in pain but all and all doing well.

Greg DS was taking his to the surgeon for appt this morning in Toronto, imagine he'll be tired tonight.

Young lad that did the stabbing appears in court on Tuesday to plead guilty or not guilty, that too is playing on his mind..the other 2 we've not heard when they go before the courts

Big sigh of relief that things are going as they have and only through prayers such as yourselves that our needs were heard by our LORD..

again thanks

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

yes, PTL that Noah is able to be up and about, celebrating his birthday :-)
What a good looking young man he is, too! He's got a smile for his grandma :-)

Victoria Harbour, ON

he really didn't want to smile or have his photo taken, he was on his way to bed tired and in pain but let me anyway..

Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

Good stuff re Noah .. I so hope his healing continues ..

Gord is not doing as well as hoped Brenda :-(
Has lost feeling in his hands, and, they are so painful .. up at night often ..
We see our fam doc tomorrow ..

Soldiering on

~M~

Noah is looking fine. His face has changed, narrowed out, still handsome. I guess the pain will be with him for awhile yet, physical and emotional. Did the surgeons saw through his sternum? Those wires bothered me and I went back a year later to have them pulled out. Ouch.

Just remembered to use Control z. Was typing away on this stupid laptop and it all disappeared.

Hope the surgeon gave him a good report. Love his sweatshirt, lol.

Marilynne, is it the shingles that affects his hands? Hope he feels better soon. He is still on my list. hugs to both of you.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Hey Brenda - HI
How are you doing?
Ctrl Z cuts everything, doesn't it?

No it puts it back, if you do it before you touch anything else.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

lol I've hit Ctrl A to highlight everything, meaning to copy it with Ctrl C, then paste with CtrlV, and hit Ctrl Z instead........ ooopsie lol

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Spent a couple of hours in Calgary airport this morning as we couldn't get a direct flight back to Ottawa. And we had to make an unscheduled landing in Winnipeg to off load an ill passenger which cost us about 90 minutes all told. Hop0efully the passenger will be all right.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

oh, you were 10 min away from us, VAnn. Too bad you didn't know our ph#
I hope the passenger is alright, too.

Always feel so helpless when someone is sick on a plane .. I sat with a lady enroute from Toronto to Barbados .. half way (no where to land) she started to feel ill, and, she exhibited signs of a gallbladder attack. The flight attendants were wide eyed and worried, so, I offered to sit with her .. poor lady .. she made it to BBDs, but her trip to the hospital in Bridgetown probably took quite sometime, an ambulance was waiting for her and her hubby ..

SUN and PLUS Fahrenheit temps today .. yahoooooo .. the wee pups can SMELL the Spring coming :-)

~M~

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

My stand partner this concert in Ottawa Chamber Orchestra is a young family physician. I asked her if she'd ever answered the call for a doctor when travelling. She said she lives in terror of that happening, but has never had to do it though she has colleagues who have and who have had the ill person die. She said it's scary as there's so little one can do for the person.

http://www.thecosmopolitanquartet.com/

The above link shows my BFFs niece, Jordan, and her 'group, playing ..
Jordan is quite accomplished, she is the dark haired violist next to the cellist
I have wanted to post this for Ann to watch ..
Jordan graduated from the Royal Academy of Music in London .. just a wonderful young woman, as are the musicians she plays with ..

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Lovely string quartet, Marilynne!! Ont Sofa - interesting name lol I'm listening to it as I type this, and I'm very impressed with the musical quality and ability of these young women. Fantastic!!

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Thanks for the link, Marilynne. I looked her up and she's got a solid musical bio. Enjoyed the video. She even gets a solo part. :-)

I knew you'd like the link Ann.

Jordan is a lovely young lady, inside and out .. she is passionate about her music.
Jordan was born and raised in France, the daughter of a Canadian Mom and a Belgian father.
She speaks several languages, and I think she has a bright future ..

OH, to be young again :-)

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Happy birthday to Susan!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Birthday wishes,know the biggest birthday gift is having your friend Susan from Georgia visit, dream come true

Here is hoping her plane arrives on time and without mishap
Have fun

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Her first flight was without incident - she doesn't mind the flying, it's the takeoff and landing she doesn't care for lol Plane was a bit early. She's on the 2nd leg of her journey, and will get in about 10 min early as well. Must have a tail wind........

Thank you for the birthday wishes :-)

This message was edited Mar 11, 2015 1:48 PM

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Happy Birthday Susan! Have a super duper Month, we get to celebrate the entire month now.
Alberta Ann

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

:-)

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

hahahaha ok then - Happy Birthday month it IS!!!!!!!!!!!!
When is your birthday, AbAnn?

Already wished you a happy BDay, but, what the heck :-)

Hope 'VS' arrived and your time together is perfect.

We are in MELT DOWN 2015 here .. good lord is our property a mess, and, FAST !!!
Incredibly quick melting due to wind and high temps ..

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Thanks again, Marilynne :-)
VS arrived well - had to go through Customs as well as Immigration, because this was the first time she'd ever left the country. We had a heckuva time trying to get into the Airport roadways because they did a LOT of reconstruction on the roads, and we couldn't find our way in - good thing she was stuck in Immigration because what should have been a 10 minute trip took well over half hour to get to her lol
Here's a pic of her doing what we both do best LOL hang out at our game site, playing an online game :-)

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Took Susan to the airport, and 5 1/2 hours later she was still here, because of mechanical problems.
They've cancelled Susan's flight, and we're going to pick her up. Don't know when the next flight is, but she'll stay here overnight.

Hope all went well for all ..

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

what a nightmare Susan...

Will you do a Georgia visit sometime ..?
Beautiful State ... gotta get you some peaches !!
Hope VS made it home OK ..

~M~

Shame on United !!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Yes, we had her stay overnight here.
She & I stayed up all night.
Flight changed to Calgary to Houston, then Houston to Atlanta.
When I got home from dropping her off, I discovered that I hadn't gotten the motorhome keys from her so Bob drove me back to the airport and I got them from the ticket counter - I phoned her and asked her to leave them there). Again, good thing we live so close to the airport (14 min) and I called her just as she was checking in her luggage.
Her plane has landed in Houston, and her connection is on time so all's good.
I went to sleep right after Bob & I got home.
Still tired, but saw her plane landed and msg'd her son with this news.
I would love to visit GA again - Bob & I did once, and fell in love with Cumberland Island, GA

Popping in to say hiya :-)

This area of Canada is trying hard to make SPRING happen, but, we are having quite a few 'birthing pains' .. however, it will come .. I saw a Robin a couple of days ago .. signs and seals it for me !!

Take care

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Considered (briefly) taking Bob to the emerg, but instead will go to our Dr's today. Much quicker to see the Dr - waiting in emerg would be a very long wait and seeing the Dr would be quicker.
During the night he got up, almost passed out but did fall - and a heavy oak tabletop resting against a wall fell on him..... he banged his left elbow and likely bruised his ribs... He's taking the day off, obviously. I called in to his boss, but he wasn't available, so left a message
He's sleeping right now.....

Hope all went well with the doctor ..
Scary .. sometimes blood pressure is the cause, it plummets when you stand up from a lying position ..

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

oh me oh my..... never know what's going to happen next in our household........(here's the whole story)
3am this morning Bob got up to "walk off" a cramped toe that was doubled up towards him at the top. He got it somewhat down with his other foot, and decided to walk it off. He said the pain of the cramp was so severe that he passed out, hitting a solid oak table top leaning up against one of our bedroom walls. In hitting it, he knocked it down and it fell on him battering his ribs. I leapt out of bed, and he was all clammy from the shock I presume. I picked up the table top and re-seated it. When he was able to get up, he seemed ok, just sore where it fell on him. We went to the Dr this afternoon, and he said Bob's badly bruised it and gave him T3s and a note to stay off work until next Tuesday. His job requires a lot of lifting, twisting and bending. Right now, even walking down stairs hurts because it jars his side. As gently as I could drive, we still had to stop, go around corners, hit bumpy roads and train tracks.......
I have my darling home with me for a week anyway :-) Not the way I wanted it to happen, but it's still nice. We took the Drs note to where he works, and his boss said he'd see that Bob got paid for days off because he's good, and they will miss him.

How's Bob doing today?

Gord was prescribed a cream (mixed by a Chinese pharmacist who apparently is the only one in the city who can make it) cost $103. !! NOT covered .... :-(
Have tried it, and he says the shingles area is still quite sore and achy .. beginning to think he has a low tolerance to pain ..

Hoping everyone has a good EASTER weekend .. I'm 'hopping' off to Mass this aft .. Loooooong service ..

Toodles

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Enjoy your easter everyone!!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Hi - thanks for prayers for Bob - he's still feeling a bit rocky and his ribs "click" now and then, but he's doing better

Victoria Harbour, ON

Wonderful news Susan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.