2015 NEW YEARS QUEEN "GOLDHILLAL"

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Passing On The Crown to our NEW YEAR"S Queen Goldhillal :)
Goldhillal wrote: I like:
Gift Card for Lowe's I can get plants there .
chocolate anything
homemade goodies, jams,jellies, baked goods, confections,etc
lavender scented anything
old souvenir spoons
anything gardening-plants, seed, bulbs, and stuff,
magazines, gardening or general, as Southern living, Good Housekeeping, Birds and Blooms etc-do not need to be new or even recent
wind chimes
anything crafty or arty that is handmade
Decorated gourds
odd animal what-nots-- I have a collection of such things as a grasshopper that roll and moves legs, a hedgehog, a hog on wheels,a hog with wreath around neck, sheep wearing quilt
unflavored coffee
teas- like flower, fruit, green, plain black
Large socks
1X t-shirt
Pierced earrings- like smaller ones, not too dangly or heavy
Favorite writers/poets-Wendell Berry, Mary Oliver- previously loved is good!
Reference book -dirr's Manuel of Landscape plants-Used is great!
Plants: fall anemone, caryopteris,Coral vine (lost mine overwinter),Kolkwitzer (beauty bush), living stones (I kill a few every year), wildflowers,slipper orchids, 7 sons flower (Heptacodium miconioides),
I have put some very obscure things on this list, but no telling when someone might find one, and I am not stuck on new. I am very good with old or used!

Do not care for:
scents of melons and other veggie or fruits
anything with hot pepper (even mildly hot)
chamomile and other teas that are very "herby" tasting or smelling

REC"D FROM

POISONDARTFROG--☺
JORDANKITTYJO---☺
TATERS55------☺
BETTYPAUZE -------☺
ROSE318--------☺
FROGGIESGIRL----☺
NANNY23---------☺
MUD_ELF-------☺
BADCAT---------☺
13TURTLES
DEEJAY9-------☺

This message was edited Jan 21, 2015 11:01 AM

This message was edited Jan 31, 2015 2:11 PM

This message was edited Feb 28, 2015 9:03 AM

Thumbnail by deejay9
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

For unknown reasons I thought I was February Queen. Well, whenever, I will enjoy!

Nope your January I Just DOUBLED Checked :)))) checked it twice
Merry christmas
edited to say
feel free to add to your list if think of more that might help us :)))

This message was edited Dec 25, 2014 9:22 AM

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

I won't be online for a few days so Welcome Queen Crystal! Month long may she reign.

Alana Hope you get your computer fixed soon we miss ya

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

After the revelry of the evening, I will not be requiring your presence till afternoon tomorrow, the first day of my reign. I want you all bright eyed and bushy tailed by the time you check in. :)
Daughter leaving tomorrow and son the next day, so I may need some propping up early in the week

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

All Hail the New Queen! I am at your service Your Majesty. (Deep curtsy) May you reign in Peace and Prosperity.
Happy New Year, my Queen!

Happy NEW YEAR Queen Crystal :) My Eyes closed early last eve I tried my best to stay up to watch the Ball drop Just didn't make .
I Hope ev1 had a safe & fun eve . & May your New Years day be a fun one also .

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

All hail Queen Crystal!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Greetings your Royal Queen

With the new year starting today I think many of us will get into your reign
Hoping to haves box headed your way by early week!

they are calling for sleet possibly by weekend here so I may not get out & About till last next week pending on the weather , going to try & Make a couple things for ya also :)

hope your family have a safe trip home it is very very cold up this way so just hanging inside today went out for more yarn this morning at wal-mart so now i'm set & don't have to go out in the nasty weather this weekend .

BBL

Happy New Year Queen Crystal!!

I will be in Opelika Monday Morning, Ralph is having surgery. I hope to see you sometime next week!

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Morning ,loyal trusty subjects.
My computer is ailing. Husband has taken over the little old acer and this IBM desktop is so old, it is having all kinds of ugly symptoms. Another acer was ordered so it should be here in a couple days. It also is a used one, but it was cheep and I have experience with these, so no learning curve required. Thank goodness.
Also been spending time with kids . Daughter left yesterday AM . Got a call from Dunkin Donuts in Newnan, GA saying she's left her phone there, about 3 hours after she's left there heading north. We will pick it up and send to her when we pass on the way to the Atlanta airport taking son tomorrow. So, one more day and we will be manning the fort alone again.
Expecting more much needed rain today. Maybe after this quits I can get a few of these Japanese maples planted and some other odds and ends I've had in pots for years.

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Also my nephew has been in the hospital for 13 days. Broken hip and liver failure. I go see him everyday and try to take him something to eat as he hates the hospital food.

So sorry to hear about your Nephew. Sending prayers his way!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning from a winter wonderland

Not a good day for you at all Royal Queen..
Prayers for you nephew, difficult time for you
Lucky for your daughter you are able to get her phone to her

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Morning your Queenliness!!! Your royal subject is hoping you have a better day today!

Ocean Springs, MS

Hail to the new Queen! Praying for your nephew! ♥

Hello, everyone! Happy New Year! New meds have me nauseous and drained. Doc says it will take some time for my body to adjust. We celebrated Caden's birthday today. So hard to believe he will be 1 on Jan. 7. Planning a trip to TN for Martin Luther King weekend so I can see my Liam! Looking at the forecast for next 10 days, I better pack all my warm goodies for my trip! LOL

Hope you are all doing well. Julie

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Thunderstorms predicted here after midnight. It is 65 degrees right now at a little past 9PM. Been unseasonably warm for several days. It is supposed to get really cold (20's) by Wednesday. I don't look forward to that. There is talk of my nephew going into hospice house on Monday.
Took my son to Atlanta airport this AM but his plane never got off the ground. Terrible fog as well as some mechanical problem with plane. He got another flight for the morning and is spending the night in Atlanta.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning dear Queen,

Always think of snow being culprit of flight delays but guess your fog is as bad as our snow

Although we had a green Christmas, wonderful for travellers knew the snow was bound to come
That's winter!

Won't stop the post office though getting your package, hoping if weather cooperates you should have it by weeks end

Out to shovel

Morning all sorry been off the computer its been cold nasty Friday I Had to go get stocked up so i won't have to go out it is blowing Snow & Been icy sure glad i went friday. zoey & I have been playing with clay & also in plaster of paris :) when I can I will take pictures I have to charge my cam .

I've also been crocheting & Going for a walk daily I have to try to keep busy & stop sitting so much, so trying to chage some of my habbits :)
well off to wish my Niece a Happy Birthday .
ya all have a great day .

Good morning your Majesty! I hope all is well in the Kingdom today. We have some cold weather headed our way too. Wednesday high is supposed to be 16* with a low of 2* and windchills in the minus. Not the kind of of report a greenhouse owner wants to hear! I will have to go get some fuel for the kerosene heater, for sure.

Michelle has the January Birthday card swap open...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1383893/

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Morning all. The tornado threat has passed me by, thank goodness. the rain has stopped for the moment. The squirrels are out digging in the wet leaves and the birds are getting busy around the feeder.

Glad to hear the tornado threat is over. We have had rain and high winds here, too. Hope you start to receive some of your Queenly tributes soon. That is when the fun begins! Although it is fun to watch, it is more fun to be the recipient! lol I'm still looking for the perfect gift, but I promise I will find it! Have a wonderful afternoon, your Highness!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Snow storm here, weather warning in effect

Glad tornado watch is over for you

Ocean Springs, MS

Queen crystal, so glad the threats are over. Colder weather is headed our way, too. Continued prayers for your nephew. Your box will be mailed Tuesday! :)

Yes, Betty, fog in our area will cause problems with flights. When I flew home from Philly last February, we were supposed to land in Gulfport, but our flight was diverted to Mobile. They had a bus waiting to take us back to Gulfport. Even in Mobile, it was foggy. When the pilot was coming in to the loading area, he almost hit another plane. Was so glad to put my feet on the ground!

Cleaning and organizing this week, then getting ready for my trip to TN in 2 weeks. It is going to be cold up there! I'm thinking of staying in a hotel because Colt and Angele keep the house cold. Makes my fibromyalgia hurt so bad. Plus not sleeping good. They'll understand. i'll be at their house mostly during the day, but will have plenty of time to rest in the hotel. Angele and I will be planning the baby shower for Destiny and the twins. Destiny already looks full term! Still 3 months to go!

Have a good night! ♥

I hope Destiny is resting and staying off her feet as much as she can.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning Queen Crystal

-20 and a blizzard today..yuk , doubtful I will get you offering sent today.

Julie it will indeed be cold for you, hotel sounds like a must
Drs told me I had fibromyalgia last year and I find damp and cold does me in.

Tummy is hungry, better feed it and have a warm coffee before heading out to shovel

Betty, I can't believe your out shoveling with all your aches and pains. I hope you can find someone to do it for you! Maybe a neighbors kid?

Morning your royal higness! I am at the hospital. Ralph is here for surgery. I am very tired!

Will try to stop by later ,,,,,,,,,,

Sending prayers your way Kris for both of you!

No big deal. He is just having a hernia repair.

Good Morning Still snowing here & a -9 this Morning so i baked few Biscuits to warm up the house & feed the chicks :) & Birds well actually suit cakes for them .
My camera is still charging not sure but i think i may have to get new battery. & this old lady not going out into the cold for awhile

going to try to paint a few things just waiting for zoey she wants to paint also :)

wishing you all a great day In the Palace :) BBL

Susie how is your leg doing? I pray it is finally healing! Did you get your furnace fixed?

Furnace Fixed , Leg still on the mend it was a deep cut & with the circulation being bad in that leg it is taken longer to heal but it is doing better almost healed .
IJust found that I have to install a device driver for my ipod to download or upload pictures . so its taken awhile.
Zoey came down with a bug this weekend so she is staying home .
so I've been painting , Now I'm going to lay up & crochet a bit .
still snowing & Blowing & very very cold its only 8.6* my slider was frozen tight this morning sun is trying to shine :)

Kris sending wishes for Raph for speedy recovery.
ya all be well .

Glad to hear your leg is doing better. I

gm queen Just sitting here watching an old jean harlow Movie Some how i used up my 5mg before the month end so now i will have overages .
anyway just had to stop in & say gm.

Crystal i been ask what is your favorite colors ?

Victoria Harbour, ON

Crystal, managed to get to the post office this morning, package flying south..

Ocean Springs, MS

Crystal, keeping you in my prayers! And stay warm! :)

Susie, praying for you, too. Glad you can find something to keep you busy while you are resting.

Betty, I'm booking the hotel. It's only in the 30-40's here and I hurt everywhere. Going into 20's tomorrow night and staying below freezing at night until Sunday. For this thin-blooded Southern girl, that is TOO cold for me! LOL

Thank you, Linda Kay, for your concern for Destiny. I try to help her, but she has Elani spoiled. She does not have her on a schedule. Husband does very little to help. Destiny is starting to get frustrated when she can't do anything with Elani. Not good for anybody. I think some major changes are coming when the twins arrive. Destiny made the comment about me watching Elani while she was in the hospital with the twins. I told her 'NO" because Elani won't even sleep unless Destiny holds her or puts her in the bed with them. Her husband will have to watch Elani at night. Destiny said but I'll be at the hospital with twins! And I said you will have nurses to help you. Ok, off my soapbox. Anyway, we measured Destiny yesterday and her belly is 47 inches around! Poor Destiny, she is only 5'1". With 3 months to go, she is going to be huge!

Everyone stay warm! ♥

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.