Christmas Treat Recipe Exchange: YUMMY!

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beef stew is easy too! Just put in your stew meat, add spices, water and veggies, cover and cook. Some like to brown the meat in a skillet first. This is how I make it.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/slow-cooker-beef-stew-i/detail.aspx?src=VD_Summary

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
Stopping by for a quick hello :)
The pork chop crockpot recipe sounds interesting. May have to give that a try :)
I just recently got a new cookbook. It has a Sweet Potato Apple Butter Muffin recipe that I've been "wanting to try. It has you make a Streusel Topping with Gingersnaps to sprinkle on top. It's from a book called The Baker's Four Seasons: A Year of Baking by the Season, the Harvest, Calendar and the Occasion by Marcy Goldman. Finally have all the ingredients I need. Now I just need a bit of time to make it!
Have a great day! And stay warm, and hope you all have some time to just enjoy cooking and baking :)
Michelle

Ocean Springs, MS

Linda Kay, I cooked beef stew last week! Just threw everything in the crock pot and let it cook!
When I cook a pork roast, I always use the leftovers for pulled pork. I cook whatever I can in a crockpot: chili, chicken and dumplings, gumbo... my daughter makes cake in a crockpot!

Michelle, let us know how the muffins turn out! I love sweet potato, and the muffins sound good!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.