DEC QUEEN IS "NANNY23

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Those are really nice wreaths Crystal! You have been busy!

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

evening all my box was shipped today Hope it will Please my queen .
been along day so going to go lay back & watch movies this eve.
ya all have a great weekend.

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Lovely wreaths Crystal! Lady Susie, I am thrilled with anything I might receive from My ladies and I am excited! Can't wait!

I have downloaded the tutorials for your gifts Your Highness. I am hoping to be able to start on Sunday as I need to buy something tomorrow to hold my cut shut while I work!! Bandaids and clay DO NOT mix. I cannot believe I managed to cut the tip of my main working finger, I am such a clutz..

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Susie, glad you liked the Cajun beans. I will try to refind the directions.

You are not the only one that is a clutz, Elfie. lol I am always causing myself some ridiculous injury. I hope your wounded finger heals quickly. Cuts on the fingers always hurt a lot, because of the amount of nerve endings in the fingertips.
I managed to sever the tendons and nerves in 3 fingers by slicing the palm of my left hand with glass bottle. Had to have them reattached by a plastic surgeon and spent several months in a brace while it healed. But they told me that is one of the most painful injuries you can have because there are so many nerves in the hand. Everything was numb until they hooked those nerves back up and I don't think I have ever had anything hurt like that did! Needless to say be careful with the knives!
So Grace is not my middle name either. Although, ironically, the translation for "Annette" means "full of grace" Somebody's idea of a joke? lol

Dang Annette,,, lol. I have never had stitches or broken bones. But have had several cracked bones. My ribs, skull, and tail bone have all been cracked at least once!

I have never had any broken bones, but I have had my share of bruises and contusions and scrapes and just generally stupid stuff.
The injury to my hand was the first time I had any major damage, that was about 2 years ago. I learned that I should NOT wear crocs on a wet concrete floor especially while carrying a glass bottle. I always did have to learn things the hard way. lol

gm all I'm off to meet a friend for breakfast then have a few things to pick up back later for more chat . have a great weekend

Victoria Harbour, ON

could have been so much worse Annette...
no broken bones here either although with all the falls I've taken recently its a won

thought maybe my parcel might have arrived, likely Monday or so

Just love those elves
although I've done porcelain dolls, taught ceramics for ions I've never tried working with the clay itself, just clay lifting..would love to try BUT too many irons on the fire to take up another craft..leave it to a pro like Elf

Feel almost human today, that cold sure took a lot out of me so a quiet weekend it will be, decided I could spend some time free motion quilting the star quilt that is on the frame and I've that big slab of wood just sitting to be painting..need that done as it's BIL/SILs Christmas gift..painting their house..must be feeling better as the process is going well

the days are getting fewer for Santa to arrive
haven't been asked by family what I want for Christmas as yet..wish they would..last year I got a beautiful recliner with all the buttons and sat in it but a few times, not something I wanted..was thinking I could ask who would like to take it home but don't want to offend.

enjoy your day..

This message was edited Dec 6, 2014 9:41 AM

OUCH! That sounds painful!

Kris, can you wear surgical gloves? I know working with clay you have to use your finger tips all the time!

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

OW!!! Lets try to keep ourselves in one piece! Love the wreaths Crystal!!!!

Queenie you making bossman mad today???

I hardly ever get through a day WITHOUT making him mad, lol
Been to Walmart picked up most of my order, still waiting on 3 items to ship. :/
I checked the mail and nothing yet, maybe Monday. :) I will post as soon as it arrives.

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

A few years ago I learned the crocs/wet concrete lesson. Slight crack in my pelvis. Was painful for a long time, but I braced up and went on to Hawaii anyway.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Well if you are going to brace up for something it might as well be Hawaii. Lol

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Yes. Completely worth it. I had always wanted to go and everyone in the family had been there except me. wonderful trip.

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

I broke my ankle, both sides, whilst wearing crocs ... and sitting on my scooter! It did involve concrete though.

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Hail to thee O gracious queen. May your day be Happy!

Ocean Springs, MS

Good morning, Queen Annette! Hope your day is beautiful and cheerful.

Elfie, I know Walmart has finger sleeves that you just slip on a finger that's cut. Maybe you can try them. Hope something helps. You make the most beautiful clay creations! :)

Betty, I made my kids a list! LOL Last year they bought me things that I either would not use or did not care for. Since my birthday is Dec. 17, it's a list for my birthday, Christmas, and stocking stuffers. They were so excited and made copies of it so each one had a copy. I had to laugh... my little elves were trying to decide who would get what! I also ask my mom what she wants or needs. She wanted a piece of vinyl flooring from Lowes, so I bought a gift card. Filling her stocking with goodies and the gift card. Make them a list! LOL

Crystal, Hawaii is on my bucket list! So glad you got to go! Your wreaths are beautiful. I'm starting a wreath today and wish you were here to help! :)

Have a great day, everyone!

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Froggie, I wish I could be there to participate in your wreath making also. There was a time a few years ago when I got into it big, but have tapered off some now. I used to call it wreathing (writhing)

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Greetings Queen Annette. I hope all is well in the realm. I have been a neglectful knave, but hope to do better at performing my duties at court. Live long and prosper. No, that's Star Trek. I mean "Hail to the Queen!"

Thank you my Ladies! I have been up to my royal eyeballs in shopping for the Prince and Princesses for Christmas, trying to get it over with. lol Every year when the Christmas mdse gets marked down I try to buy stocking stuffers or little items for the next year. I am searching the palace to see where I put those items lol. After all it has been a whole year. They are in a tote ....somewhere. So today I am on a mission to go through he totes in the garage until I find the one that has the Royal Treasure hidden in it. lol Have a wonderful day everyone! I shall return victorious!!!

Gm my Queen I'm Kicking myself for sending your box off before i went to the christmas bazzar at the catholic church OH MY you should see my House IT is CHUCKED Full of Vases, flower pots, Boxes, of artificial Flowers I Got a HUGE Garbage Bag Filled with for $1.50.
I bought a box of 100 Victorian Christmas tree tinsel for .50 cents LK You would have went wild with all of the old santa's & the angles you all would not have believed this place was so so full .

also found me a aluminum Mirro cookie & pasty press that i have wanted for so long for .50 all complete .
I got zoey a Velvet Jewlery Box to put all her earrings , braclets ,Necklesses,
very nice all for under $5. her first so i Know she will love it :)
I spent over 3hrs there & still could not see everything in there .
so i may go back today :)

also wanted to say anyone wanting BURLAP Bags I Can get as many as you want Premium bags (Bright colors) are $5.ea Plus postage.
ones from the U.S are $2.ea the lady has 100's of them . I bought
3 yesterday going to use them as rugs , also crafts :)
JLMK if you would like any . these are all clean & nice bags.
oh if you want 25 or more they will be $1.ea

oh i'm sure you all are getting bored with my findings yesterday but i had so much fun :) I have some crafts to do today ya all be well.

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Good morning my Queen!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Your Majesty, hoping you have the best of days..
seems all your rhelm is busy getting things done for Christmas

I bought fabric many years ago and made large tote bags with pull cords and put names on them..throughout the year when I buy or make something for each individual it gets set in bag so I know what I have and for who

DeeJay, great finds, someone will be thrilled with their gifts.

Julie, please praytell what your Mother wants a piece of linoleum for???? ahhh could she be impressed with your work of art and want to do some as well

Can't think that Santa's workshop would be any busier than my craft room today..

I flit from one project to another, seems to be working well..sometimes paint needs to dry so on to something else

making snowman light boxes..now to make the hats and scarves

few wine glasses to finish, 2nd federa almost ready

another corner I have the slab of wood I'm painting my BIL's house on..best I have that done
for Christmas

then on to a row here and there of quilting the last quilt I need for grandson's, have their main gifts and I'm sure at 15-19 the 4 of them will wonder what's with grandma giving Christmas quilts, oh well

off for lunch then back to Santa's workshop

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

If your grandsons don't appreciate those quilts now, they will , in years to come. My grandmother made all of us grandchildren quilts for Christmas over the years. And that has become one of the most precious things to each and every one of us. Especially since she passed away in 2002, something like that can never be replaced. So yu go ahead and give them quilts, you are giving them something to cherish.
My goodness you are one busy lady!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Hope so..standard joke for them is I start Christmas dec 26th, that the Christmas spirit is endless..my boys say that when I'm gone they will find Christmas gifts for them for decades to come. Lol

I did say I love Christmas!

Thanks for all the compliments!! You guys are really encouraging. I am not nearly as talented as Betty,, however I am learning and hope to be as good as you guys think I am one day,,,lol

Your Highness, I did not work on your gifts yesterday,,, but I did make something for a friend of most of us!! She contacted me on FB and commissioned a baby fairy. I would love to show it to all of you! Very proud of this one and the ones I did for DeeJay/Susie too!

My finger has healed enough to use it. I was able to do a couple of things yesterday and will use it more today..lol. I have never healed this fast before,, wonder if it was the crazy glue??

Can't wait to see your baby Kris.

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Both of you blow my mind, Betty and Elfie!!! I thought I was artsy and crafty, and maybe even a sculptor, but you two show me what can be done. I just hope I live long enough to improve.

And I bet it was the crazy Crazy glue; it's actually recommended. Glad it worked!

Great news Elfie! I don't blame you for doing the works that pays first . lol After all it is how we buy more supplies. ;)
And Betty I just noticed all the paint on the rack behind your quilt. I do believe you have more there than my local Walmart ever has in stock. lol They are always out of paint, almost always the colors I am looking for.

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Yeah, Annette, I noticed the paint too. Drool!

I wasn't kidding, she has more than our local store does.

Ohh my,, I did not notice her paints,, puts my 100 or so bottles of paint to shame!! Lol

Here is Dejays fairy and mermaid she got from me!

Thumbnail by Thumbnail by

Chris Herrin / dragonflys for me. Baby fairy

Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by
Victoria Harbour, ON

morning your Majesty, here is hoping you've had a good night and a sunshine day is about to be in your kingdom.

loved the photo's..Elf is the babe a mold as everyone of them looks identical except for the embellishments..sure are beautiful..can see them sleeping in a miniature garden.

As for paint I've another cupboard full, these caddy's don't hold them all, then there are my oils, my genesis paint etc etc etc

got to get back to painting

today with genesis paints I am finishing two wooden recipe books, they are for each of my boys..will include family recipes and those their father enjoyed making, especially his canning.
won't take me long to finish the booklets

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

All I can say is "Wow" Betty, at the paint. No sun here today, yet. Snow tomorrow and Wednesday. Not supposed to amount to much. We'll see...

your Box should arrive today I Hope anyway :) Can't find the tracking # I thought i put it in my billfold ????? My Memorie is shot any more so I Sure hope its not left out in the cold for very long .going to try to bake some cookies today .
My Neighbor says she is all out :)
also making up christmas Gifts today so will try to get back later . for Lunch :)

Yes Betty,, it is a mold, I have explained that I sculpt the ear and clothing myself. I am learning how to sculpt faces,, it is a long hard journey for me,,, sigh,,,,

It still takes talent to make them so life like, even with a mold. I think you are doing great already.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.