DEC QUEEN IS "NANNY23

Ocean Springs, MS

Susie, what a beautiful tribute to all of us! I wish you well on learning new hobbies! Please let us know what you may be interested in trying! :)

I've made no resolutions. Usually don't. But it might be a good thing to do so and motivate myself to try new things!

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Susie Im alive, butchered 5 pigs today, cutting up tomorrow. My dad and brother have been down visiting this month Im sorry iv been away!!! Jan darlin, Jan!!!!

All Hail Queen Nanny!!!

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Oh, thank you so much, Suse, and for all you do for all of us. You are a community-maker. And my wish for you is much better health.

And the same for the rest of you-all.

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

God morning everyone! It has been a hectic week indeed! My side of the family had our Christmas gathering yesterday, so I was offline most of the day. We had a lovely dinner and exchanged gifts.

It was good to see my brother, who works away from home through the week. He announced that he has been nominated for the Governor's Arts Award ( I think this is the 2nd time) for his work at the Appalachian Artisan Center in Hindman Ky. I am not sure what that entails, but it is a pretty big deal to those who are nominated.
He Is their Master Artist in residence.Which means he is teaching people how to build musical instruments, mostly dulcimers and guitars. The program is trying to bring commerce to the economically depressed area. Since the coal industry has died ,the area has been hit hard, it was their main source of income. So many families have lost their livelihoods. Coal literally put food on their tables. There is no other industry to speak of. So the state government is trying to support programs that will promote the area's economic growth. My brother is involved in that effort.
My mother's family is from that part of the state (the next county)and her dad and uncles worked in the coal business when they were young men ,back when it was going strong.

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Gm to all ,Annette so niceyou was able to be with family , all my Brothers & sisters have their kids & GKs sowe don't get together there is just to many & no ones house big enough to hold us , so each family just have their own christmas :) I Could have went to my Niece Ursula's but then Niece Tina would have been upset Plus other upsets so I do not go to any. Best way I can settle it . I get with them after Holidays just for chats :)

well i got to get my day going here out of coffee so ya ll be well.

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Thanks Susie for all your kind words.

Susie you are truly one of a kind! I wish we lived closer you could come here for Christmas! Or anytime! I would just pick one place and say to the rest, "if you want to see me, here is where I will be" lol Sometimes these people just need to grow up! Maybe you could alternate where you go? You should do whatever you enjoy! Why should you sacrifice your holiday because they can't deal with it? lol I'll get off my soapbox now....
I have enjoyed this year on DG, meeting all of my new friends here, and I feel very blessed to have been allowed to do so. I am looking forward to 2015 and hoping all of you are as blessed as I have been. I hope that I have been as good a friend to you all, if not just let me know and I will make it my New Year's resolution. Although I have a growing list ;)

Here's my crew in their Christmas finery. lol

Thumbnail by Nanny23
Victoria Harbour, ON

they are too adorable for words

nap time for me..been working for 3 days getting things in order for new furniture..delivery not till Tuesday but I'm ready..house is clean it's the corners and closets that do me in lol

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

HI everyone.
My last day at my old job is Dec31,2014. I am trying to get everything down before I leave. It has been real crazy there. I did have a wonderful Christmas with my family. I hope everyone also had a wonderful Christmas. I can wait for everything to settle down. Susie I miss chatting with you all too. Ladies you are wonderful, and I thank you for being so patient. You all have such giving hearts. I just want to say thank you. I am truly blessed to have such wonderful friends. Thank you.
Patti

My time as Queen is almost over, just a few days left of my reign and I shall be handing the crown over to our new Queen Crystal.
Thanks Betty! I hope you get a chance to rest after the new furniture arrives. Relax and enjoy ringing in the New Year!
Patti, I hope the New Year brings a smooth transition to your new job. Drop in to chat any time. Thank you all for helping me feel special.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Patti,here is hoping the new position is all you hoped it would be!

The month being Queen does pass quickly, know how you've enjoyed your reign , experienced the same..

Thank you your Royal Queen, I have indeed been resting and healing..as for bringing in the New Year it's something that I try to schedule something to do every minute of it ..dh passed on New Years day so this week, day by day,hour by hour, minute by minute brings back difficult memories but each year I get through it and this year will be no different!

Betty, I know that it can't be an easy thing to get through. But as you say, you will get through it. I am so sorry that the holidays are attached to such painful memories for you. It seems so unfair. And we will be here if you need someone to talk to.
New Years day happens to mark a much different day around here, it is my birthday and a 1st cousin's and SIL's birthday, too. We don't usually do a big celebration, but my daughter and my gbs will come over with cake and a gift, most likely. My mom is coming up today, so we will celebrate a few days early.
Let us pray that the New Year brings Peace, Health and Prosperity to everyone, and that we all find happiness in the coming year. God bless and keep you all safe.

Anette I Think I read somewhere you was almost a NEW YEARS EVE BABY
is this right your birthday is DEC 31st ???
what a way of ended a great yr :) just seem like 2014 went so fast for me .

LETS hope 2015 will be better for all Nanny can you up date meby dmail as any boxes out yet ? ty

have a great day ev1

Victoria Harbour, ON

well now that's something to celebrate..have an enjoyable 'early birthday' celebration.
My eldest Greg was born New Year's day as well..

having a dear friend pass on Jan 3rd and then my step father last year day after, well would like to skip the week..

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

My computer is still down so I am seldom online. I hope everyone survived Christmas and is ready for longer days. I sure am.
Annette, I am glad you enjoyed your gift.
Best to all,
Alana

Miss ya alana was a hard night awake most of it so very tired today but trying to stay awake so i can sleep tonight .
we have a few snow flakes flying today but they say maybe an inch in most places anyway off to crochet awhile ya all be well & saty warm.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Our anniversary is on the 1st, 16 years for us!

I hope you enjoyed your time as Queen for December.

Susie, how come your not sleeping? You OK?

Not sure linda went to bed watcha couple movies till the news came on after the news I shut off tv laid there till 11:30 just couldn't go to sleep so i turnned tv back on finely the last i saw the time was 3:30am & then wokeup about 6am but laid awake watching the news & Up at 7 am for my coffee so i hope i can fall off better tonight :) I used up a full skien of yarn the most i have done in over 20 yrs .
zoey ask if i would make her a blanket she said I Would love it forever aunt sue :) so guess I will have to start getting yarn once a month :) she wants a purple one :)

well guess i better go get super on ya all have a nice eve .

Well it's almost time to welcome our new Queen and our New Year. I have been really busy today with end of the month/year paperwork. Sorry I haven't had time to check in with you all, today. I have enjoyed my reign as Queen so much, I want to thank you all again for your generosity and thoughtfulness. Have a Happy New Year!!!!

We have truly enjoyed you as our Queen for December. Enjoy your Birthday tomorrow!

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

You've been a wonderful Queen. And I hope you remember us forever as loyal subjects.
Happy New Year Everyone!

Thanks Crystal, you are about to find out how wonderful it is to BE Queen. I will always remember it and all of you fondly. In just a few short hours it will be your turn to enjoy all the perks befitting a Queen. It is an EXPERIENCE! I had Christmas all month long!

Ocean Springs, MS

Happy New Year's Eve, my Queen! So glad you had a glorious, royal reign as our Queen! You were thoughtful, kind, and loyal to your subjects!

Been so sick from the new medicine I'm on. Very busy with the children and grandchildren, cleaning, organizing, doctor visits. Looking forward to some normalcy next week! LOL

Wishing everyone a safe and Happy New Year! ♥

Victoria Harbour, ON

thinking of you as you hand over your crown..know I was excited for the next Queen in waiting..

enjoy your evening and "Happy New Year" to all

and LindaKay, Happy Anniversary..

must remember to call Greg if I can stay up that late to wish him 'Happy Birthday"

Ocean Springs, MS

Happy Anniversary, Linda Kay! ♥

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Happy and healthy 2015 everybody!

Well time to hand my crown over to Our new Queen Goldhill/Crystal. Once again, thanks everyone! It is good to be Queen, even if if only lasts a month. That's probably longer than some monarchs lasted. lol
Happy New Year everybody!!

I'm NOT Going to send you off with out Birthday Wishes I really tried to stay up last night so i could come & Be the 1st to wish ya happy Birthday & A Very happy New year.

May your day be filled with Friends & Family :)

Thumbnail by deejay9

All hail Queen Annette one last time.

And a big Happy Birthday too!

Thumbnail by taters55
Victoria Harbour, ON

Sending Bithday wishes as well!

Happy Birthday!!

So sorry I have not been here to serve you this month! Bettween Kaitlyn, being sick and getting ready for Ralphs Surgery on Monday I have been so lax here.

Thumbnail by

Hope she is feeling better. What is Ralph having surgery for? Sending prayers your way for all.

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes and the support that you are always willing to give. You are such a fantastic group of people , I am truly blessed to call you my friends.

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

did you talk to santa yet ma'am????

I've got a direct line to Santa, my dear. He is on speed dial. lol

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

hmmm...well good... you made the naughty list...AGAIN.... you need spankins and a pinch to grow an inch ;)

I didn't realize I had ever made it OFF the naughty list, so no matter, it's my birthday. It is the rule that you get to do whatever you want to on your birthday. lol

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Oh mama lol...its a "rule" that you get a spankin for however many years you are young.. and a pinch to grow an inch hehehe

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.