November Weather - is winter here?

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

I could not, or at least chose not to bring in some large schefflera, rubber trees, and jade plants. I have already lost them all! Having well over 600 tropical plants to bring in, I just have to leave some plants outside and hope that they will over-winter well. I lost over 100 plants last year and now those plants this year. Dang!

Ken

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm soooo sorry Ken that stinks. This last. Spring I did have some plants (potted and in ground) that came back from the roots. I was very surprised, don't give up hope.

We have another cold front coming in today supposed to be warmer by the end of the week.

Mountain View, HI

Beautiful Hawaiian morning, out at 6.30am to the local farmers market in Volcano village. Shorts and T shirt, probably in mid 50s at 4000ft elevation. Clear sky as the sun came up. Bright red native Hawaiian birds flying against the blue sky. Nice drive home down to 2200ft looking over the Pacific Ocean in the distance. A little hazy due to the smoke from the lava flow.

Bright blue sky at 9am, a little breeze and 70f. Nice and dry for a day in the garden trimming the heliconias, moving bromeliads, cutting the grass and "smelling the roses".

Gentle tradewinds are to return tomorrow with passing light showers and near 80f for the rest of the week.

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

Just rub it in! LOL It is times like this that I wished I lived in HI or S. FL.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

oh well , it's not all bad ,, it is snowing here now (Suppose to get 1 - 3 inches) , Gray sky , A light wind barely to 1 mph , 36 degrees a 1o'clock .
The not all bad part ,, May is only 5 months away (springtime )

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Chuckl, thats right, theres a light at the end of winters tunnel!
S of Lexington, Ky, the roads have been dry until here, but I had snow in the air near Cincinnati, and plain ol drizzle here, temps have run from 31° south of Gary, Ind to 36° at Indy, to 44° s of Cincinn to 40° in Lexington, Ky, but the skies are EverGray, and this thing with freezing treetops but not roots- I always considered a west coast advisory of snowline At 2500' altitude, pack your snowgear, othre than the protected by the dewline moisture. It is a strange phenom to deal with tho...Hi sounds so nice, keep wonderin where the devils horns will show up next...

Thumbnail by kittriana
Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

But its still fall! Waaaaaaaaaaaaa

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I am a little snowed right now (about fall) ,, be back

Sorry for the fuzzy pics ,, but shivering to hold the lense still

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Never really got any snow here. Some snow pellets but not enough to even call it a dusting. Currently 20.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I am for throwing it back out the window ,,
Besides ,,, it's too cold !
Still falling here ,, so is the temperature .. grrrr
31 degrees ,, and do I dare say it ,,, and Snowing !!!

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Quite a bit of wet snow today and pavement wet, but not icy. Heavy wet snow weighing down the tree branches. Clear now and a high of 24 F tomorrow and low tomorrow night of 13 F. This is crazy! We winterized last week thinking that we had plenty of time and looks like we did it just in the nick of time.

Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

Ju ~ Close your window and put another log on the fire!

greenbrain ~ Smart move!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

We are suppose to get blizzaed like conditions between today and tomorrow. High winds and overnight lows of close to zero!!! Middle of November right?? Had to look at the calendar again.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Snow pics already, hope you have lots of firewood stored up.

Winterizing here means finally getting to open the windows and enjoy the cooler air. ☺

Muggy 68° this morning, mostly cloudy as the cold front is approaching, high 83° and thunderstorms tonight. I promise I wont' say 80 the rest of the week. :-0

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sunkissed ,,, Thank you !!! I needed that !!! Rofl .....
Winter weather advisory still in effect
wind chills near zero later today expected . sound similar Gardenlady ?

24 degrees now
26 the high today .
11 tonight
20 -30 mph winds 21 mph now .
oh S.,s. s. s. .s . s . snow ...
besides that ,, it is still cold ....

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

More a cold and shrubby mood , than Evergreen ,,

sunkissed , something cool for those of you with the 80 degree pool party syndrome ..lol???

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

I am in El Paso. It was in the 20s when we got up. It is sunny. They are calling for a high of 50°F. There isn't much wind right now.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Bad, bad weather. Blizzard conditions could happen. Blowing conditions and snowing really hard.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

London, Ky 26° and beginning to accumulate now at 820pm est. Snowed all around me, but not here until now. My load is coming to me hopefully, chuckle, out of Georgia, and I will shag it north to Flint, Mi, - got my eyes on Ju and the Wolverines for this trip.

Thumbnail by kittriana

No snow here, it all went East. But we got colder temps. Our high was 25 and only very briefly. We mainly hovered around 22 all day and now we are going for a record shattering low overnight with temps getting down to around 7 degrees.

Currently 17 and dropping.

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

Ouch. Next year my MSU Dawgs travel to Columbia, MO to play the University of Missouri. I sure hope its early in the year! LOL

Ken

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Colder than, (fill in).
8º & going down!

Oh, gosh! I shouldn't even post my weather here. Everyone is having a terrible fall. I hope that you all have a way to keep warm. It looked like winter has arrived early.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

It is 10 degrees now
-7 yes that is below ,, chill (mild word for it)
Wind is 17 to 21 Mph
it is miserable out..
Lots of things come to mind besides Good morning , However Good morning all ..

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

15 F here right now before sunrise. Clear skies and not suppose to get above freezing today. This should be the last extremely cold day this week; accordingly to the forecast. By the weekend, we're suppose to be back into the 50s. Woohoo!!!!! Break out the shorts and flip flops. : )

Still a bit damp and cloudy from the heavy line of windy rain yesterday. Was 56° this morning, has already dropped to 49°, not a good sign.

They say down to 39°, but think they'll drop that as the day goes on.

I still have flip flops on inside the house, but the tootsies are getting cold.

Juhur, just saw your snow pic, it is actually very pretty. You know I like snow pics. ☺

Kelli, saw you're in El Paso, I lived there from kindergarten till middle of second grade, Dad was stationed there, then we moved to Maine just about this time of the year, talk about a rude awakening.

Oh and by the way El Paso is the first time in my life I ever saw snow.

This message was edited Nov 18, 2014 9:48 AM

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

It got 18° when the sun was just up, says it feels like 6°, winds gusty and variable to 14mph, but the snow was dry and the winds sucked moisture from ice and snow alike so disappeared shortly after 11am est.
I do believe winter is here even without the season.

It was around 30°F in El Paso this morning. We went to Guadeloupe Mountains National Park today and there was snow on the ground in the shade. It was sunny so it didn't feel chilly. Back in El Paso, I guess the temperature got into the 50s. I don't think it was quite 60s.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Todays high was 20 .
tonight 10 degrees again ,
Snow is staying on the ground ,, we are in for more snow ,, sigh ..

Kelli, dry forest , sunshine , 50's sounds really nice .

sunkissed , Florida sounds like another country all it's own .

here , in the polar region lol ?,, it's cold .. well if it's like this farther north , maybe Caribou , reindeer , and bears having a good winter
This is really cold for November

We reached the freezing point with sunshine and a little bit of wind today. Still cold but much more bearable. lol

Mountain View, HI

Why am I staying out of this discussion.

Tradewind breeze, a little sun and some showers, much cooler - dare I say it barely went above 70f today. Thinking about jeans instead of shorts.

love those snow pics.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

18º, but a south wind males it feel like way below Zero.
Supposed to be windy all day tomorrow.

Hate the wind!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

19 degrees now , never saw the 10 degrees that was forecast ,, Good !!!
wind SW at 23 ,,
Wind chill 4 degrees ,
I agree the wind is too , too , Much !
Good morning ,,
What say us ice cube dwellers ? all get together and and flip a coin ,,
To see ,, if it is microb's place , or sunkissed's place that we are going to take over ,,

time for revolution ,,, let's take the power from the powers that rule of the warmth .. and thaw some ,!!!
yes I know ,, snow or cabin fever ,, he , he ...

43° This morning, never dipped as low as they said, thank goodness. Yesterday never made it past 49° and sun didn't make it out until sunset. High today 63° and sunny.

I vote everyone going to Hawaii, microb's place looks like a paradise to me. ☺

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Began @ 17°, but a 'watery?' Sun now has it 21°, winds so far have dropped off that flag stretchin speed yesterday- Flint, Mi headin southish to Kalamazoo, then around the lake and up into Wis today.

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana

This morning it was 28°F in El Paso. They are calling for a high of 60°F. It is sunny. There isn't much wind so far.

Mountain View, HI

juhur - your revolution would fail. If you reached our sandy shores your would become disoriented and confused by our endless blue ocean merging with our endless blue skies, your muscles would weaken from the lack of heavy winter clothing and then after a few weeks you would crave ......SPRING and then FALL, what beauty you would miss.
If captured we would subject you to surfboarding and we would keep you awake with loud Hawaiian music - oh the agony.

Hang in there ice cube dwellers April is only five months away.

If it makes you feel any better it rained non stop all night and we still have grey skies this morning

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

I don't feel any better!...............LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.