November Weather - is winter here?

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Grrrrr, I knew that sun was watery...

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

What's this I've heard abt Global Warming? Lol

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Global warming is something Al Gore had in a dream.

kitt, where were you when you took those pics ?

Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

I think the new term for that is Climate Change. Colder in Winter and hotter in Summer.

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

Gee, how novel. Climate has been changing for several MILLION years and I feel quite sure, it will continue to do so. Some parts of the world are truly getting colder (check out the ice-mass increase in the Antarctic). Some areas are getting warmer (you in CA probably know this!). Al Gore has become a multi-millionaire because of the Global Warming, aka Climate Change concerns.

Ken

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

drdawg43 Is that a dollars and Cents , no sense , thing ,,
Only creation I understand people are plants grow ,, stuff like that ..
Weather equipment and rule makers are eating it up ,,... pass wind you will need a carbon dioxide card ,,

Well microb ,, that sounds like I will have to recruit a tough leader ,, blue skies and warmth ,,
sounds like a rough time after polar weather .....lol

34 degrees ice melted off the drive and roads ... oh well ,, first time in three or four days it has gotten abouve freezing ,,, I know ,, I just know ,, there is Global Warming joke there somewhere ! lol

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

I'm not sure?

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

drdawg43, Okay , in that case ,, let's all go back to the Dinosaurs and start all over again ,, I will see if I can bring the furs ,,
One change though .. I want a Bow for arrows ,, spears and rocks won't do it for me ,, !
All we mostly will have to worry about mostly is Man Eating Birds that way ) , Earthquakes and Volcanoes ,,, ?? well those we still have ,, (geology efffecting weather ?)

Ain't that right microb ?

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

It wouldn't do any good to go back. We would still find a way to screw things up...........LOL

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Currently 27 with a high of 40, sunshine and as usual, winds. It's wintertime which means wind. lol

Mountain View, HI

Rained all day to day, moderately heavy at times, grey skies, no sun

You are right Juhur - last week it was thunderstorms over the active lava flow. I think it was last year we had a tropical storm on our doorstep, it turned away and dissipated after an earthquake. Lava flowing into the ocean with lightning and thunder. I keep checking the shoreline for new emerging life forms.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Never made it past 60 yesterday, 44° this morning, sunny and the predicted high is 68°. No rain.

I no longer have flip flops on, dug out the socks and shoes and long pants. ☺

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Well like everyone else we have snow, snow and more snow. Today very windy and guess what still snowing. Only 5 months left huh? Yes, it is. Lol

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

How do you walk the dogs when snow is piled up over the doorways and you can't even get out? That's a problem I never considered until I saw pictures of the completely blocked doorways.

Ken

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Around 30 degrees was our high today ,, nicer sunny morning it was today
26 now
15 later

Microb ,, are you studying sea mollusks ?, crustaceans? , or are yiu actually waiting for
" The Lava Man From The Volcano " !!! ? lol

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Right now it is 65°F in El Paso. It was sunny today and not very windy.

Currently 34. Didn't wear a coat today. lol

Mountain View, HI

another day of rain and grey skies, little wind where we are. A tropical depression (described as a blob of moisture by scientific guys) is passing to the south and we are catching the edge of it. Nothing serious just we weather.
Another weather front is coming thru from the northwest next week and will bring more showers. Well it is the rainy season from now to April.

Juhur - I think a discussion of evolution is for another forum but we seem to have all the elements present on the big island to start evolution from scratch. All it takes is for everything to happen at the same moment in time and who knows ..........

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Those were taken in Flint, Michigan. Kalamazoo had more accumulation tho- I felt like I was in that jetstream thats actually trying to bury Buffalo. Been in Wis today. DePere is 17°21° this afternoon, some snow, but roads are clear. I think all the salt they are using has caked on my truck.
They slipped up and gave me a Las Vegas and LA run, from Green Bay. I know fresh storms blow thru every 2-3days, and if I go over Vail, it will be snowing by Sat pm. I already know I am not about to run I80 thru Neb, or Wyo, or Salty, so I guess I need to drop to I40- just have to ck if they gave me time to run that way. I make up my tired mind in the morn. Lemmee know guys abt those Rockies storms will ya? ZZZzzzz...

Mountain View, HI

Kittriana - you should write a book about your travels. I envy you regardless of the weather. What does your truck look like? Is there anywhere in the US you have not driven besides Hawaii. Maybe you should publish a book of photos.

Rain stopped this evening and blue sky appeared in time for sunset. Should be nice for two or three days.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Highways are boring. Delivery/Receiving docks are boring. Many roads I cannot travel- this vehicle simply will not fit some roads, am heading for the Quad Cities in Iowa 20 degrees on my dash Sun bright and clear

Right now it is 68°F and cloudy in El Paso. This morning it was 55°F in Alamogordo, New Mexico.

Currently 44 or so says my computer. Not sure I believe it's that warm. lol.

It was a high of 50 today with 80% humidity. I did not finish planting my bulbs. Maybe another day. Even though it was really not so cold, it got cloudy and damp.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

34º here.
Still winter though.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

36 degrees this morning
13 ssw wind
wind chill 27
humidity 74%
rain moving in ,,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Foggy in Grand Island 41°, Neb. Headin for the storms coming in to Vail catch ya later tonight

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

68 degrees right now, 55% humidity, and light rain, supposed to rain off and on all day. Predicted high of 75.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Melted a lot overnight. Hope it all goes!
35º this morning.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Saw 21° at daylite- Neb, also passed 1pond with geese. Passed nex pond black with ducks -nex pond had yearling calves, and last I passed a small pond with hunters. Segregation in nature?
Denver @67° or rather Golden, Colo, about to jump the hill, er climb Vail.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Forgot something- dawn behind me, and comin into Denver on i76.

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Here pretty dreery. Rained pretty hard this morning for a couple hoirs. We are so happy we did not get the freezing rain this morning like they were predicting. Kinda warm out ot sure what the temp is now?

Right now it is 64°F in El Paso. It is sunny and not windy.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Our snow is basically gone. Some left in ditches from drifts.
38º Overcast.

Mountain View, HI

Much drier today, some high cirrus clouds blocking the sun but overall much better. Now the soggy ground can dry out. Should stay fairly dry until Tuesday. Upper 70s.

Was supposed to rain last night. Got a few random drizzles. Today we got nothing and it was supposed to be all day. Now we are supposed to get rain sometime tonight and all day tomorrow. I'll be up north so doesn't matter now. lol. And I watered my potted shrubs just in case it doesn't rain so it will rain. lol

Currently 55.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Vail was 37° and people EVERYWHERE! Colorado Port of Entry told me not to worry about this storm- just try to route anywhere but Colorado Vail Pass this NEXT weekend. Yup, I gotcha on the holiday avoid! No snow, did rain by Glenwood Canyon, this is 1&2) Vail Summit looking west at the winter storm warning. 3)Glenwood? Canyon along the White River Gorge begins, 4) it ISN'T snow! And last is Rifle, Colo the sun had broken and it was just so peaceful! Temps are still in the 42° range and drizzle now in Grand Junction, Colo. The drives are what I love, but I dont just see mountain. Rocks tell me snakes, granite glitters hard and cold, I see the richness and poorness of the land when I watch the hwy ..

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Got up to at least 60 F today with clouds and light intermittent rain. I took the trash out barefooted. It felt good!

It is wet and rainy here with a high of 50°, mild winds as well, though it feels a lot colder. Low of 40°.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

51 degrees this afternoon felt ten degrees colder
rained today
raining now .
says it is 53 now ,
rain and wind temperature changes .. False spring time ,,!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.