November Weather - is winter here?

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

Reporting from NE Mississippi. We have dropped 40 degrees from yesterdays high of 78 F and the wind chill is now 30 F. Tomorrows morning's low is supposed to be 29 and the next two mornings are supposed to get down to 24. Hopefully the howling wind will subside. Otherwise the wind chills will be in the teens. The heaters in my greenhouses and enclosed porch are already kicking in. Did someone say "Higher electric bill"?

Ken

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Pretty cold here today in Mi. Very gusty winds and even some snow flurries. Suppose to get a couple inches overnight or tomorrow. Am not real sure what the temp is right now. Just cold is all I know. Lol

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

37 was the high? 30 now wind chill in the 20's .
Cold , Cloudy all day ,
Sunset , teperature dropping dramatically
Shiver , brrr ,, the routine ,, you know ..

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

Yeah, but you are in the north. It is just not right that we in the deep south are the same as you! Heck, after last winter and now this, I may as well retire in the north. LOL

Ken

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

I feel like I'm missing out on all the fun.

O.K., not really. ;-)

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Nice thing about MN, you don't fret about cold because you know it will be cold!

22.9º right now. Been snowing fluffy little flakes all day. The kind that don't get deep.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

23 currently. High of around 28. Gusty winds.

Mountain View, HI

Same as yesterday - No wind, no sun, no rain, damp air, grey skies, mid 70s - but good for gardening - doldrums?

Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

Grizzly Flats - High today 55, Low tonight 48
Somerset, CA - High today 57, low tonight 48.

I live in between these two in Neverland. It was 56 today. A good day for garden chores.
Rain has been predicted for tonight, but not 100 percent.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I did not know , that it even still rained in Calfornia ! It has been a long time since I heard that one ,! ???
28 degrees and still falling here ..
Grrrrrrrr ,,
Quilts sure sound good this time of year ...

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Currently 25 F and feels like 10 F. Expected high today 34 F and partly cloudy with tonight's low around 18 F. DH giving me a ride to the bus stop this morning with my mug of hot coffee in hand.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Gettin ready to cross Pennsylvania toward Allentown- 36° with a light dusting of microsnow flakes, but the wind is a lot more gently blowing.

No rain in this part of CA and nothing in the forecast. CA is a big state. I think it's the 3rd biggest.

They are calling for a high of 70F. It is sunny, so I'm guessing it will get warmer than that. I don't know what temperature it got down to but I was chilly in bed by morning (sheet and blanket, no comforter and we don't run the heat at night).

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 6:51 AM PST on November 13, 2014
Clear
52 °F
Clear
Humidity: 83%
Dew Point: 47 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 30.05 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: 1.70 out of 12

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

All these post make me cold.

Kittriana, hope you stay safe on those roads.

Sunny, and nice up to 80 today, tomorrow only up to 70, but shouldn't rain just some clouds. All that cold weather won't get here until next week.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

drdawg43 ) I guess there is no reason to be a Snowbird your direction this time ,, huh .?

Roughly 21 degrees and light snow , wind chill in the teens ..
Global warming ,, ? yeah right !!!? Uh Huh? ... phssst ....

28 or so currently. Cold enough I only went outside twice. Doesn't help I'm fighting a cold. lol

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Oh we had a snow storm on thursday. Wow way early. Cold, cold, cold. A good couple inches or more. I think it is 34 right now. Roads were horrible last night. But we made it safely. Off today watching my DDG.

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

What's a "DDG"?

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Dearest Granddaughter, I believe.

Bright sun this morning, a whopping 9º !

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

Whoa! But you are in MN! It was 22 F here in Mississippi this morning and is supposed to be even colder the beginning of next week. I am sure glad that we have this Global Warming stuff. Without that it would be really cold! LOL

Ken

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We are only 20º below normal. Don't need this cold until next year.

Don't hate me, but they are calling for a high of 74F. I put up with brutal summers to have nice fall, winter, and spring.

We had some drizzle overnight but it didn't amount to much, as is the nature of drizzle.

Updated: 6:51 AM PST on November 14, 2014
Mostly Cloudy
59 °F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 90%
Dew Point: 56 °F
Pressure: 29.99 in (Falling)
Visibility: 3.0 miles
Pollen: 2.00 out of 12

Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

Kelli - I am sorry that you did not get much rain. Is was like that for most of the year here.

They are calling for a high of 59 degrees and a low of 44 and clear

It is just clearing up right now, as it was cloudy for the morning until now.

Sunny with a high around 30. Snow on the way for tomorrow.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

About 20 degrees now .
Supposedly 34 was the high ..
16 degrees F for tonight ..
wind 4 mph
I could pass on these temperatures , I really could ..

drdawg 43 ,, Like without Global Warming ,, It would be a nice crisp zero ,, ice bathing time .. A cold , worn out argument , Global warming is getting to be ...
Let us know when the Glacier family arrives , I hear they are moving south again .

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Still very cold here. I hate wearing socks with my flip flops.

St Louis, MO
Friday 8:00 PM
Mostly Cloudy
28 F

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Early for breakfast. My dash reads 24°, but it is dry outside, so far. Light winds blowing toward the east, the moon a crescent in the sky.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

6;38 am ,, 15 degrees here
Wind 3-7 mph
Bitterly cold right now .
35 the Forecast high today
only made it to 32 degrees yesterday .
24 degrees was the chill and the actual temperature most of yesterday .
to cold for me ..

47° this morning, sunny, high of 74°. I still have flip flops on. ☺☺☺

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

22 F here. For the second morning in a row my 20 gal. tub of plant water is frozen!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

17º light snow, supposed to get 3 to 4 inches.

So cold my computer keeps freezing up!

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

Now that is cold!

Ken

I'm glad sunkissed is on this thread. I was beginning to feel like I was on another planet.

They are calling for a high of 70F. (I never wear flipflops. They won't stay on my feet correctly.)

Updated: 5:51 AM PST on November 15, 2014
Overcast
55 °F
Overcast
Humidity: 83%
Dew Point: 50 °F
Pressure: 30.04 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
Pollen: 2.00 out of 12

Mountain View, HI

Sun just coming up through the trees, upper 60s, should get to upper 70s with mix of sun and showers. I don't feel quite so bad reporting our tropical weather with kelli and sunkissed reporting their weather.

Unbelievable cold and snow on the mainland. Yesterday their was a report that the oceans are warmer than ever recorded. We live in interesting times.

Yesterday afternoon a string of thunderstorms passed over the lava flow area followed by a 3.5 earthquake in the evening. We missed the thunderstorms except for the distant rumbles but we did feel the earthquake.
Mother nature needs to take a rest!

Gee whiz, did someone tick the Hawaiian Gods off? Lava, hurricanes, earthquakes and now Snow!

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

South Bend Ind had the most accumulation I have yet seen across I80, from Pa to here so far. 37° west of Chicago and the gray clouds have moved in.

Thumbnail by kittriana
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Just got done plowing the yard. We got a good 4 inches.
Done snowing now, 22º.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

31 F here & snow just started with some fog. Currently, a light dusting.

The snow never did much here. Never got even a dusting. But we did enjoy broken pipes at my job yesterday apparently. lol. One broke in garden and one broke in lumber.

High of 32 and currently 31. The coldest hasn't hit yet. That's either Mon or Tue.

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

Im with Drdawg(Ken). How did the South get so cold? Usually our coldest months are Jan and Feb. oh joy! If anybody mentions global warming I'm going to scream. All the tops of my plants have frozen. The ground is still holding heat so the foliage at the bottom is nice and green. I've lived here 20+ yrs and have never seen this. Lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.