Nov Queen "FROGGIES_GIRL"

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning your Majesty, hope its a sunshine day for you!

as for beds, my husband used to say he couldn't go to the washroom during the night because I'd make the bed..once both feet are on the floor bed's made! a phobia I guess.

Had a major disaster here, wish all you ladies in waiting had been here to help..imagine once I put today in all will be back in place except for dryer perhaps that got the worse of the 7" flood

elf, take care

ouch on the boob badcat

This message was edited Nov 11, 2014 9:32 AM

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Oh Im back now. Happy they didnt want to do shots or cut anything. Did a little shopping for queenie and the Christmas swap, Chore time now

Vertigo is worse. I feel like hell. I have to drive to Auburn on Saturday afternoon to get Mike. I had hoped to combine the trip with a visit with Crystal, but Ralph is working the late shift.. darn it... I do not want to pick him up from work at 3 am.... I also really wanted to spend time with Crystal.. I am bummed.

Ocean Springs, MS

I'm back! After I got home from shopping, I tried to use my computer and it was not working. My DSIL cleaned it up. Said it had a virus he had never heard of before. I now have 2 years of virus protection, and thankful that I didn't lose any data.

Moma and I had a wonderful time. We hit the fabric store hard! Since I'm starting to quilt, I bought a ruler and a cutting mat- both 50% off! Got lots of beautiful Christmas fabris. Walked out with a bag full and just under $80. Everything I bought was 50% off, plus 15% off coupon for Veteran's Day! Saved more than I paid! :) Moma and I have a date for breakfast next week (she wants to go to Hardees for biscuits). Gonna try to do something with her at least once a week.

Betty, so sorry we couldn't be there to help you. Praying for you and hopiing nothing was ruined.

Elfie, praying for you, too! Thanks for stopping in to say "hey," and the same to Susie, Linda kay, Amanda (glad you're OK), Crystal, and Annette. And Amanda, didn't see Fabio, but all is good! LOL

Love to all, Julie ♥

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Gm Queen Glad you had fun with your Mom shopping wish I would of had the chance to do things with my Mom .
well its going to be very cold today so a good day to stay in & Bake & work on a couple craft projects :) .
wishing ya all a great day

Ocean Springs, MS

Good morning, Susie! Keep warm and have fun with your projects! What are you baking?

whew! I'm exhausted. Been cleaning plants and putting them in my sunroom since 7 this morning! Taking a break!

Gonna start rounding up some og my ladies who are MIA ! Queen doesn't like to be left alone and unattended! LOL

Ocean Springs, MS

crystal, just read the article on growing peony in zones 8-9! I can! These are the varieties.

"Some of our favorites include: Cup of Shining Night, Black Tornado, Blue Jade in Three Colors, Purple Butterfly in the Wind and Pink Lotus.

Herbaceous peonies do not pose any special challenges and are widely grown in this area."

So, I can grow peonies in coastal MS! :)

Ocean Springs, MS

Where are all my ladies?

Victoria Harbour, ON

Cleaning the palace for you dear Queen!

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Just stopping in to beg the Queen's pardon for not having been in attendance today.
I have been so busy, haven't stopped running all day. Had to take the dog to the Vet, pick up the middle gb at Pre-K,shopped for a new washer(mine quit in the middle of a load ) made another trip to the Vet to pick the dog up,ran home to let the delivery guys in with my new washer,went to Walmart to get Gabriel's turtle some food, stopped to get gas in the car, picked the girls up at Daycare and delivered them home to their Daddy, and fixed the turtles light and fed him. Now I am ready to collapse in the chair until I can drag my self to bed. lol

Ocean Springs, MS

Aw, that's so sweet of you, Betty! I spent about 8 hours today cleaning plants and putting them in my sunroom! It is packed now!
Nanny, you made me tired just reading all you did! Get some rest! :)

This message was edited Nov 12, 2014 8:05 PM

Still sick and to add insult to injury I must have bent over wrong somehow and pulled a muscle in my back. Spent all night on the couch watching Ralph sleep as I could not lay down,, I got a heating pad on it now and it is somewhat better. Maybe by tomorrow I will be much better!

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Good Grief, Kris. I am so sorry.

Ocean Springs, MS

Elfie, praying for you! You've had more than your share of trials lately. Praying that things get better for you!

Hi, Crystal.

Hope you all have a good night!♥

Well have been Busy also Playing I Should say with xmas Prezzes I want to make things special ,I Have 6 VERY Special GalFriends 1 will be leaving for fla after TG & so e are getting together this next week when Nel come down to Hasting & we are all going out for Lunch so I'm planning to make a couple of the gifts the rest I have to buy so Busy busy you all have a great day

DeeJay, going back to Fla? I thought you said you were never going back after the last trip, lol. What changed your mind? Hope your brother is OK. I would love to go to Fla, especially when all this cold weather settles on us.

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

The cold many of you have been experiencing is moving into the Heart of Dixie and I am expecting my first frost tonight- in the high 20's. Boy, do I ever hate to see it!

anet NO Fla for me Now I can chat with him online :) he is doing great ,without my help :)
no if i go south it maybe texas or AZ :) to stay warm :) but as of now No plans to go anywhere .

It is too early for this cold weather or most of us. We are expecting temps in the teens, before this cold front moves on outta here. Stay warm everyone!

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

I am here too. Back home from Michigan, and only 42 in Texas. Supposed to freeze tonight, so I need to get my brug cuttings inside.

Ocean Springs, MS

Arctic blast all over! we have freeze warning tonight! Forecast next week says in the 20;s one night. UGH! I hate cold weather! BUT we are getting some RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Slow and steady! Glad I moved all my plant in yesterday! I hate to bring my Christmas cactus inside. It is forming blooms and I'm afraid the change in temps may cause the buds to drop. One of my vandas is spiking! I'm so excited!

Been sewing today and very proud of my progress. Could not find a pattern online so I made my own using wrapping paper with the grids on the back. Worked out perfectly!

Have to clean the freezer and fridge later today to make room for Thanksgiving groceries. Freezer is a mess... just been putting things wherever they fit! Gotta organize! LOL

Y'all stay warm!

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

I hope we get some of that rain here as they are predicting. We have had zero rain in about a month.
I am not bringing my Tecomaria inside (it is loaded with blooms). It is in the ground and I just have to wish it well. I'm going to go out and pour a couple buckets of mulch over it and hope to see it again next year.

Thumbnail by goldhillal

It is cold here! I expect to have all my pipes freeze tonight. We are filling up jugs now and turning off the water before bed. Then we will drain all the pipes. Hopefully this will save me from repairing pipes in the next day or so. I did talk to a plumber today and he said he would do all the new pipes for Only $1000.00 including labor and parts. $800.00 of that is just for my bathroom!

Ocean Springs, MS

Crystal, did a little research and mulching will help protect it. I had an orange one that froze last year, and yours is beautiful. You could always do a few cuttings, too! Here's the link:
http://homeguides.sfgate.com/long-cape-honeysuckle-grow-after-propagating-43226.html

Elfie, good reminder to protect the pipes. We usually leave the water running a little. At least, that's what our Dad taught us to do and it works for us.

Everyone stay warm!

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Kris, you need to get some of that foam wrap that goes around the pipes, really easy to install!

Crystal , is that a honeysuckle Tree or Vine ? I have a yellow honeysuckle vine & we have very hard winters & nothing kills any of my honeysuckles & They are not Mulched.

well I need to go find a dehumidifier or my doors will freeze shut this winter Again :( so Back in the morning for coffee :)))

meant to say Kris I Leave my cupboard doors open On very cold nights & That helps keep the pipe from freezing but also leave my Kitchen faucet run just a bit .
at the trailer we built a frame &put up 6" Insulation all around
the trailer then put up the siding on the house did this back in 1999 & never had the pipes freeze .
well off to get a hot tottie :) GN

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi My Queen.
I hope you ,and all your loyal subject are doing well. I been busy working . It's been a crazy week. Our company in a middle of a move. People leaving, and others not knowing if we have a job. I just keep working trying to keep my mind off of it ,but its not easy. Just wanted to say . Hi all, and sending big hugs to our Queen.
Take care.
Patti

Ocean Springs, MS

Sending hugs to you, Patti! So sorry about the mess at your job. Will be saying a prayer for you! ♥

Kris, last year when we had 3 sraight days of ice, we let the faucets running a bit and no trouble with pipes. I agree also with LK and DJ that foam insulation helps a lot too.

Susie, the Tecomaria that Crystal has is only hardy down to 26 degrees (Zone 9). It grows in a vining way if you don't prune it, but can be pruned to bush or tree. I would love to get another next year, but they do grow so much in one season that it's hard to bring in. Mulching heavily is the best way to go.

Well, off to a warm bowl of oatmeal, then a little tv, then bed. love, Julie ♥

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

OMG you all have been busy while I've been away!

Bowing to our Queen.

Actually I haven't been away, but a working charge cord for me to get online has been. :~( Not a major matter, but I've missed you all. You shoulda seen me stamping and swearing the first few days I couldn't get on, lol.

Freezing and sleeting here too. I'm behind on my garden care and currently have no help. Did get a 260 sq ft hole put in my front yard, then the weather turned, just before I could get soil. Sigh. Many things harbored in big pots.

Elfie, it's really your turn for some GOOD luck. I sure hope you feel better soon.

So, hello and good night!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning your Majesty, it's a winter wonderland here this morning, not yet daybreak but I can see a vision of white..hoping your kingdom is filled with sunshine

Ocean Springs, MS

Good morning!

Turtles, I know what you mean. I was without a computer Tuesday, but my DSIL fixed it!

Betty, cold here but will be sunny today! 31 degrees now going up to about 55 later.

Have pottery class this morning then home to work on more projects. Almost finished with one!

Everyone have a beautiful day! ♥

It is 23 degrees this morning and That is kind of chillly! I WILL be wearing thermal underwear today! My desk at work is on the Northwest wall of the building and it stays cold in the winter. I have a small heater under my desk but I still get cold. The temp averages about 65 degrees in my corner, even with the heat. So dressing warmly is a must for me. When it's windy outside it's even colder at my desk, so I am off to layer up! Have a great day, My Queen and all of your loyal subjects! Stay warm everyone!

Back is much better,, And the vertigo is something I will discuss with the Doc next week. Pipes did not freeze, we left water running in the shower and kitchen sink. But I did fill approximately 100 gals of water for emergencies!! lol

I feel good today and will play with some clay tonight, as Ralph is working tonight. I have a few things on my list to get done.

Have a great day everyone!!

good to hear but as for the vertigo just get you some dramamine
take in the am with breakfast you should be good for the day . that all i do when it pops up on me :) cheaper then a dr call :)

Ocean Springs, MS

Nanny, please stay warm! So sorry you had to go to work in the cold.

Elfie, glad you are better. Show us more of your beautiful creations!

Susie, Thanks for the tip on the dramamine! Don't experience vertigo often, but I know what to take if I do! How are you faring in this arctic blast?

I was listening to the weather channel and they are naming the winter storms! Don't know which one we just got, but "Bozeman" is coming and it's worse! Going into 20's by mid-week! And that's here in the Deep South!

OK, back to sewing... stay warm!

I Have them here if i need when I feel off balance ,ear ache,it helps .
its just starting to snow once again they say 3-7 in by tomorrow .Thats ok let it snow I'm stocked up on all i need to survive :) for 3-4 wks at a time or longer :)))
wish you all a safe & fun weekend .

Ocean Springs, MS

Wow, DJ. Stocked up for 3-4 weeks... sounds like our Hurricane season! Sad thing is that some people let down their guard after a few years, then a big one hits and they are not prepared! I will never be unprepared. Was ready for Katrina as far as supplies, but could have never been prepared for the damage!

that is one thing our Folks taught all of us was always have a few extra on the shelves But there was a always One HUGE Suit case In the Basement with the Basic & Towlet paper being #1 then ,can opener, candles, matches, flashlights , never had to use it that I Can remember but it was there . Now i have no basement & very very little storage space ,so i can only do so much but i do have the basics here somewhere .

well just talked to big brother in fla he is doing well & told me i can come down there & get warmed up but told him My heater is working just fine :)))) well off to pack some of my box this morning ya all have a great weekend .

Ocean Springs, MS

Thanks, Susie, for dropping by to say hello! Can't believe that it's November 15 and my reign is halfway over! Hope I'm being a good queen to my loyal subjects! ♥

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.