March Weather: Lion or Lamb ?

Mountain View, HI

Greenbrain - Thanks for the Tulips.

Another great Hawaiian weather day but a bit breezier. Very few showers, white fluffy clouds sailing across the blue tropical sky. Should be the same tomorrow and, yeah, I have a day off.
Can't afford $6 for coco liners for my hanging basket so cutting up old shade cloth. Two layers should hold the soil in and looks pretty good. 30 baskets to do.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Sunny, Windy and chilly here today, yet another cool front makes it all the way down here. 49°/66°/46°. Dog loves it.

Some Spring shots from Micanopy, FL last week while camping.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

How pretty, sunkissed.

It is sort of cloudy right now but they are thin clouds and will burn off. They are calling for a high of 75F. There might be some wind.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 6:51 AM PDT on March 13, 2014
Mostly Cloudy
54 °F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 80%
Dew Point: 48 °F
Wind: 4 mph from the North
Pressure: 29.93 in (Falling)
Visibility: 7.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: 8.10 out of 12

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

High close to 70 and sunshine galore!!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Love the pics , hate the weather here
34 today's high
chill 24

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

42°/51°/29°
Today...Brisk...Sunny. West wind 10 to 15 mph shifting to the northwest 15 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Gusts up to 30 mph.
Tonight...Mostly clear. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph Decreasing to around 5 mph after midnight.

Have a fabulous day no matter if it's snowy, windy or warm!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

34º Sun coming up.

They were a bit off, it was 41° this morning...but they say wind will change and will turn out to be a nice day.

I'm going to rake the ton of live oak leaves in my yard today, they wait till spring when new leaves coming in to fall off the tree...so guess our fall in in the spring here. ☺

Sunny and 75° today.

You got our wind, BP.

45F here at the house and no fog. They are calling for a high of 79F.

Updated: 6:51 AM PDT on March 14, 2014
Fog
51 °F
Fog
Humidity: 92%
Dew Point: 49 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 30.03 in (Rising)
Visibility: 0.2 miles
Pollen: 8.30 out of 12

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

60 degrees
Wind S 30 to 40 mph constant
32 tonight chance of rain .

A know your old when joke ; ? March wind telling you to go fly a kite and it isn't the same as when you were young ..
Oh well 30's to 60 is much nicer than 0 to 18 .. ^_^ Windy or Not !!! ^_^

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

46* and nice in Allentown, Pa my sunscreen gettin a workout. Ju? If you wear a ballcap and the wind comes up you can still steer- tomoro is the Ides of March, Blow ye winds, BLOW!

Now 63,tonights low 55.Tomorrows high is 68.

70s for high today. Had some brisk winds too. Last night a John Deere dealership caught fire in a nearby town. They also had a house fire to fight last night and another one earlier today.

Here's the article on the dealership fire. http://fox4kc.com/2014/03/14/john-deere-fire-leaves-memories-in-flames-and-urgent-work-to-do/

They are calling for a high of 87F today. I would call that more lion than lamb.

Updated: 6:51 AM PDT on March 15, 2014
Clear
52 °F
Clear
Humidity: 77%
Dew Point: 45 °F
Wind: 4 mph from the SE
Pressure: 30.14 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
Pollen: 8.70 out of 12

There was enough rain the other week to make some grass (wild oats) come up.

Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli
Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

At 4:48 PM CDT
Mostly sunny 69°
Real Feel® 68°
Sun mixing with clouds.

Tonight Lo 33°
Real Feel® 22°
Mostly cloudy and cold, turning breezy late with a bit of rain and sleet.

Tomorrow Hi 36°
Real Feel® 21°
Windy and much colder with snow and sleet tapering off, accumulating an inch or two.

Tomorrow Night Lo 18°
Real Feel® 12°
Mostly cloudy and colder.

Riding the mid-March weather roller coaster.

Would gladly share some of this with you GB. It's too early to be this hot.

Updated: 2:51 PM PDT on March 15, 2014
Clear
87 °F
Clear
Humidity: 10%
Dew Point: 23 °F
Wind: 17 mph from the North

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

28º & heavy overcast all day. Yuk!

Mountain View, HI

4pm, grey clouds, breezy tradewinds 76f. Forecast for the rest of the day and tomorrow is increasing winds, heavy showers possible through tomorrow. There is a wind warning up for most of the state, gusts may reach 40 - 60 mph. Advising to take in lawn furniture, be careful during outdoor activities on the beaches and beach parks and be ready for power outages due to tree branches falling. Strongest tomorrow. Wind is from the north east so valleys on the west side of the islands get hit hard as the wind comes over the central mountains and funnels down the valleys, even gets strong between high rise office towers in Honolulu.

Same as yesterday and green and I will be same tomorrow for most part. No accumulation expected though.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

25º Would have said warm a short time ago!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

35 degrees
Humidity 67%
Wind SSW 5 mph
High was about 50 degrees here today . wind was higher today it felt cold . Better than zero , it's still too cold ...

They are calling for a high of 87F again today. This does not thrill me. We have plenty of time for that in the summer. We get our bad (hot) weather in the summer.

Updated: 6:51 AM PDT on March 16, 2014
Clear
57 °F
Clear
Humidity: 44%
Dew Point: 35 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 30.20 in (Rising)
Pollen: 9.40 out of 12

Mountain View, HI

Light to moderate rain all night, winds not too bad where we are. Will remain grey and overcast with rain all day to day, 66f at 7am.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

23º
Tomorrow spring starts. high of 48º & stays in that range from now on. Yeah!!

Only snow left is the old drifted piles. They are going fast.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Not hardly any snow left here either ,
33 degrees
West wind 5-7 mph
gray sky
Looks cold , feels cold .. and yes , It is still too cold .
I keep telling myself to think summer blooms , fresh market food . ^_^
I'm not that excited or depressed , only will I ever be glad for 60 and 70 degree temperatures to return .. !!!
Last few months have not been my ideal of having a cold one , at all ..

Here are some spring flowers for you, juhur

Thumbnail by Kelli

36 currently and winds have finally calmed down some. Had a winter mix overnight and this morning but it has melted off already.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Beautiful iris! Sunshine and windy. ( well natcherly- what else could you expect of Chicago area- The Windy City?). 23* on truck dash, sundown thinnin lights and readying for dusk. Did we lose Lillypon?

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Kelli Thank You ! Iris Candy !!!^_^
23 degrees
Wind 13 mph
Humidity 67%

Updated: 3:51 PM PDT on March 16, 2014
88 °F
Clear
Humidity: 9%

We had to run the air conditioner today for the first time this year.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

The snow and ice totally missed us. Yeah! The ground here is still dry. My grand-daughter and I flew her new kite today. This weather is still much better than January and February. I did notice that the snowdrops are up and covered with blooms. Some shrubs and trees have started leafing out. Robins everywhere!

Kelli, I love irises. Mine stayed green all winter. They must be pretty hardy. Thanks for sharing your photo. : )

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

28* and snowing...AGAIN!
I think there is 1 1/2 to 2 inches out there now.
Hard to tell with it blowing around.
One thing is for sure -BRRRRRR! It's cold!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

19°/40°/31°
Today...Mostly sunny. South wind 10 to 15 mph. Gusts up to 25 mph in the afternoon.
Tonight...Partly cloudy. South wind 10 to 15 mph.

More wind, but that means it's warming up somewhere in the world. Oh let it be Iowa, LOL!

I know this isn't weather, but we had a 4.4 earthquake this morning. It felt stronger than that though there was no mess or damage here.

They are calling for a high of 80F today. That's still a bit unseasonable.

Updated: 6:51 AM PDT on March 17, 2014
Clear
61 °F
Clear
Humidity: 39%
Dew Point: 36 °F
Wind: 6 mph Variable
Pressure: 29.96 in (Rising)
Pollen: 9.10 out of 12

Forgive me if I've posted this before but it's so pretty. This is echinopsis 'Los Angeles'.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Just one tremor so far? You must be close to the fault.. Beautiful echi... weatherabove freezin here in Russel Ill. barely. Sunshine and 34*.

Just one tremor - that I have felt. There have probably been a number of tiny ones.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

30 degrees ,
gray cloudy sky
cold
Wind 3 to 5 mph west currently

Kelli Sounds like you got the "Shake to go with all that Bake"

We get quakes here rarely ,, I'm all for being "Chicken"

Tornado Watch and rain right now, it was warm cloudy and windy up till 1PM. Reached 78°...before temps dropped, I take it this is another cool front. 69° now.

Currently 48. Wasbsupposed to get near 60 but it didn't. Winds are staying this week too and being a pest.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Beautiful flower Kelly. I remember each rare tremor we've had here; even one from my childhood. What I was doing & everyone's reaction. I guess that you're accustomed to the quakes like folks in the midwest are use to tornadoes.

I'm happy with the weather for this time of year. Dry and sunny, windy (because it's March), & above freezing. My grand-daughter had no problem flying her "Barbie" kite.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.