March Weather: Lion or Lamb ?

40 wind chill of 36.Tonight 31.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Few snow flurries a while ago. More coming.
15º

Mountain View, HI

Rain has moved east of the State, out into the Pacific. Its has left us with grey skies, no wind and cool temps. No sun for three days. Not above 68f today. Great for yard work. Should keep cool temps for a couple of days and then winds will turn to the south again. This is our Hawaiian winter on the Big Island.
The tropical foliage still keeps growing except for the lawn grass which gives me a rest from mowing. Orchids, heliconias, gingers are all blooming.
Pics from around the garden last week

Thumbnail by microb Thumbnail by microb Thumbnail by microb
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Do you have mosquitoes in Hawaii?

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Currently 39 with highs around 42. Felt great!! Tomorrow we have a quick system moving in that will bring some light snow before we warm up for the weekend.

Mountain View, HI

Kelli - Yes we do have mosquitos. Luckily at our elevation, 2200ft, we have less than lower elevations but in still humid weather, like now, they can be an annoyance but not a big problem. one here, one there but not swarms.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

14º
6" snow since late afternoon & still snowing.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

CG it keeps at it and we will all be naming the Glaciers April , May , June .

20 degrees
13 chill
Wind ESE 5mph
Humidity 62 %
dew point 11 degrees

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

20°/29°/12°
Today...Cloudy. Snow likely in the morning...Then a chance of snow in the afternoon. Snow accumulation around 1 inch. East wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 70 percent.
Tonight...Mostly cloudy. East wind 5 to 10 mph. Wind chill readings to zero after midnight.

It's snowing a real fine snow. Breezy too.

Ju,
LOL!, but it feels like glacier weather to me :o)

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

A bit of white stuff last night, 12".
6º sunny.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

23 degrees ,
Sunny
12 degree wind chill
12 mph wind ENE
Visibility 9 mi.
dew point 10 degrees
Humidity 50%
Barometric pressure 30. 29
UV low

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Currently 27° with today's expected high: 38
Feels like 19°
Sunny with clouds rolling in.
Wind 7mph SE
Humidity 75%
Precip 0%

Funeral with military burial. At least the ground is fairly dry today with temps above freezing.

They're calling for a high of 76F today.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 6:51 AM PST on March 05, 2014
Fog
51 °F
Fog
Humidity: 96%
Dew Point: 50 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 30.06 in (Rising)
Visibility: 0.2 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: 8.30 out of 12

Foggy this morning, which is uncommon.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Well, all plowed out. Road was plowed about ½ hour ago. My son used the tractor/loader to clean the yard. Big piles!

Bernie, love that barn of yours!! The old wooden barns are becoming scarce around here. People can't afford to restore them.

High of 45 and sunny today. Felt great!! I shoveled snow in the garden center to help it melt faster. Want it gone asap!! lol

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

That's actually a double corn crib/granary.
We have our chickens in there.

Cold again, 5º.

Cold and raining. YUCKY WEATHER!!!!!!!

Mountain View, HI

Still and clear early, cloudy a bit of drizzle later but still cool and relatively dry. Can't describe it as weather cause nothing is going on. Around 70f at our elevation. We do have big waves on the North Shore of Kauai and Oahu. Wave heights up to 25ft.

Hazy cloudy of the kind that will burn off soon. They are calling for a high of 74F

Updated: 6:53 AM PST on March 06, 2014
Mostly Cloudy
55 °F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 54 °F
Wind: 5 mph from the East
Pressure: 30.05 in (Rising)
Visibility: 2.0 miles
Pollen: 8.30 out of 12

Light rain 41 with wind chill of 35.High 53

Doesn't sound very South, southgal. :-(

Not at the moment Kelli.I am so ready for the 70's and 80's again.It's 54 now,tonight will be 34.They are saying high in the 60's the rest of the week.They are also saying by next week it will get back up in the 70's,but who knows that may chance by then.

This message was edited Mar 6, 2014 7:27 PM

Mountain View, HI

What a change today. Perfectly clear deep blue sky but hot and windy as the next weather front approaches.
Southerly wind from the tropics is moderate and gusty. Temp at 2pm 84f with a reverse wind chill factor due to not only the southerly nature of the wind but it blows across black lava fields which enhancing the heat making it feel like 86f.

Not sure of highs but currently 44 and we had sunshine again. All the snow melted off now.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

22°/45°/29°
Today...Mostly sunny until late afternoon then becoming mostly cloudy. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
Tonight...Cloudy. Light rain...Possibly mixed with sleet in the evening...Then light snow likely after midnight. Little or no snow and sleet accumulation. North wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Bernie,
You're covered!!

Kelli,
Fog, is it rare?

Beautiful melt day for me! I can't wait to be outside all afternoon!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

31º

BP, fog is rare at my house but there are place in CA where it is common. San Francisco and the Central Valley are supposed to be foggy at times but I am not near them.

They are calling for a high of 77F today. No rain in the forecast, as usual. We might have got all our rain for the year last week.

Updated: 5:51 AM PST on March 07, 2014
Clear
58 °F
Clear
Humidity: 46%
Dew Point: 37 °F
Wind: 18 mph from the North
Wind Gust: 26 mph
Pressure: 29.94 in (Falling)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
Pollen: 8.80 out of 12

I don't know what all of the pollen is from besides some domesticated plants. The web site says alder, juniper, and ash. We do have a lot of junipers and ash around here.

Anybody up for some tuna? In Spanish, cactus fruits are called tunas.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Another cool brisk day today -22C ...we received about a foot of snow again over the past couple of days. We are finally finished with the -40's but will be still sharing for a while yet.

Camera is giving more of a lean to the ponderosa then it really has

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

55 F here today ^_^
Sunny
38%
South wind ^_^ 2 mph Nice day for me too Billyp ( Big Sigh)

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

St Louis all day. Beautiful sunny day- I saw 61* on the dash! Gentle breezes, So nice!

Currently 59 and it feels great!! lol

Windy today and hot. They are calling for a high of 80F I'd like to share about 10 degrees with whoever wants it. Too bad I can't list it on eBay.

Updated: 6:51 AM PST on March 08, 2014
Clear
66 °F
Clear
Humidity: 21%
Dew Point: 25 °F
Wind: 12 mph from the North
Pressure: 30.03 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
Pollen: 9.40 out of 12

53 now 68 for the high today and tonight 52.

Mountain View, HI

No wind, no rain, grey skies. Latest weather system came down the island chain from the north west, dumped all its rain on Oahu and Maui and had nothing left for us except the cloud. Might just get a few clouds. The heat has gone, should be mid 60s to mid 70s today.
No exciting weather forecast for the next week.

Mountain View, HI

http://hvo.wr.usgs.gov/cams/

If anyones interested you can take a look at our Volcano with this link. Mostly within 8 - 15 miles of our house as the crow flies. The cams look at the volcano but you can also see our local weather

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

25º overcast. Melting going on.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

45 degrees
Haze and overcast
Visibility 5mi.
wind 0

Feels kind of cold .

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

37 degrees now
28 degree wind chill
NW Wind 17 mph
Humidity 78%
Visibility 5mi

A Little change there in a few hours .lol ?. this time of year ... you know ..

Ugh, I know. Does Indiana still stay on Standard Time?

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Changes tonight , to Daylight Savings Time , 2 AM,
Couple of southern counties stay the same . business done that way , the reason .
27 chill 35 degrees now
82 % humidity
light rain around , not yet here so far though
dew point 30 %
I'm not going to get up or stay awake to change the clock though ,, It ain't the same as waiting for Santa Clause ,,lol ^_^
Although I am rather glad the zero temperatures have seemed to of moved on ,, really glad !

Microb , Thank you for the Volcano look see ,,, Warm thought to you also ! it helps !

This message was edited Mar 8, 2014 6:36 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.